Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

St Johnstone 0, Norwich City 1 (Maric, 26)

For those who are working and can''t keep flipping back and forth, here''s Lakey''s Half-time update:

Triallist Goran Maric ended a flowing Norwich City move to give them a half-time lead on 26 minutes.

Maric had been on just nine minutes having replaced Cody McDonald who went off injured. It wasn''t immediately clear what McDonald''s problem was but it didn''t appear serious.

City keeper Declan Rudd pulled off three good saves but the visitors improved as the first half went on and were well on top by half-time.

Wes Hoolahan set up the goal for Maric and was running the show for the Canaries who could have improved their lead when Michael Bridges shot just wide and Chris Martin had a shot well saved.

Sounds good to me! OTBC!

[quote user="Rum ol boy"]Maric looks a busy kind of striker, be interesting to see what happens......I can remember a player last year who looked lively up front but othing happened[/quote]

Jamie Cureton?

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Who has gone into right back?[/quote]

Dumic

[/quote]

Poor old Dario: his mate Stephens got 90 minutes in his favourite position, he gets 40 minutes at right back.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]Be great if Dumic can play RB was well as CB! OTBC![/quote]

At the same time? He must be a very big lad...

Seriously guys stop trying to get your post count up [;)] Pete is all over the game situation

[quote user="NC"]

Seriously guys stop trying to get your post count up [;)] Pete is all over the game situation

[/quote]Fair enough if he beat''s us, but i beat him [:P] plus it''s a public forum so i can post what i want

Mcveigh seems to be getting a lot of gametime so far in the friendlies?

Also anyone know if there is any sign of Whaley watching or in/around the dugout?

[quote user="eagle"]Also anyone know if there is any sign of Whaley watching or in/around the dugout?[/quote]I think you''ll find him on another thread![H]

[quote user="eagle"]

Mcveigh seems to be getting a lot of gametime so far in the friendlies?

Also anyone know if there is any sign of Whaley watching or in/around the dugout?

[/quote]Yeah Gunn''s obviously going by his performance in them to justify whether or not to give him a contract, Lakey''s getting abit slack, hasn''t posted an update in over 20 mins.

might only be preseason but their is reason to be optimistic and hopefully this is the signs of establishing a winning mentality in the squad :)

Well done city!! 4games 4 wins.. Sounds like we need to grab hold of Maric, and quick :))

Big Bob - Pete was posting the final result while you were complaining.

I''d like to thank both Chris and Pete for keeping us up-to-date under difficult circumstances! Great job guys!

[quote user="Tookie140"]

yer well the games at fakenham and Darford were easy!!

[/quote]

There''s always one, isn''t there....

[quote user="nu_matik"]Well done city!! 4games 4 wins.. Sounds like we need to grab hold of Maric, and quick :))[/quote]

He looks good on youtube, but then don''t they all!!!

Either way hopefully a quick decision would be nice...