Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Airdrie Utd 2, Norwich City 3

[quote user="Fonejacker"][quote user="John"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]King''s Lynn also 1-0 up at home to Leicester City.[/quote]... We may just have a chance next season! [:D][/quote]huh? Leicester are in the Championship and Kings Lynn weren''t in Div 3 last time I looked....[/quote].... C''mon?[^o)]...... Fine then, this is how i see it. Leicester won this division last season, yet going down 1-0 to Kings Lynn is not exactly showing much quality, therefore seeing a scoreline like that would lead myself (among others... Excluding you though obviously) to assume that if Kings Lynn have a chance of giving this divisions champions a run for their money, then we all have a good chance of taking the title........ God that felt wierd [:|]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

This is worth a thread on it''s own..............

.........WE NEED A MARACLE!

[/quote]

Your spelling is a bit Askou !!

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]I''m doom and gloom most of the time but I''ve said all along that we needed to keep Hoolahan if we had a chance and he''s proven why this whole tour, albeit against lesser opposition.

Maric and Askou also worth contracts I would agree.
[/quote]

is st johnstone''s lesser opposition they in scotts prem

With Maric Proving Himself To Be Good (And Looking Certain To Be Signed), I''m Glad We Didn''t Swap Hoolahan For Lee!! And Surely Jens Berthel-Askou Has Earned Himself A Good Chance At Being Signed Having Scored A Goal And Put In A Good Performance Allready.

[quote user="John"][quote user="Fonejacker"][quote user="John"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]King''s Lynn also 1-0 up at home to Leicester City.[/quote]... We may just have a chance next season! [:D][/quote]huh? Leicester are in the Championship and Kings Lynn weren''t in Div 3 last time I looked....[/quote].... C''mon?[^o)]...... Fine then, this is how i see it. Leicester won this division last season, yet going down 1-0 to Kings Lynn is not exactly showing much quality, therefore seeing a scoreline like that would lead myself (among others... Excluding you though obviously) to assume that if Kings Lynn have a chance of giving this divisions champions a run for their money, then we all have a good chance of taking the title........ God that felt wierd [:|][/quote]fair enough John, I must have misunderstood, it''s been a long day at work.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Have you been on the Wherry again mate?

[quote user="Fonejacker"][quote user="John"][quote user="Fonejacker"][quote user="John"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]King''s Lynn also 1-0 up at home to Leicester City.[/quote]... We may just have a chance next season! [:D][/quote]huh? Leicester are in the Championship and Kings Lynn weren''t in Div 3 last time I looked....[/quote].... C''mon?[^o)]...... Fine then, this is how i see it. Leicester won this division last season, yet going down 1-0 to Kings Lynn is not exactly showing much quality, therefore seeing a scoreline like that would lead myself (among others... Excluding you though obviously) to assume that if Kings Lynn have a chance of giving this divisions champions a run for their money, then we all have a good chance of taking the title........ God that felt wierd [:|][/quote]fair enough John, I must have misunderstood, it''s been a long day at work.[/quote]No problem, understood [Y]

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I could do with a Gill !! 

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you really Paul Chuckle???

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you really Paul Chuckle???

[/quote]

Well, any more than a Gill and I could be Spillane it !!

Whats the deal with the Ausie keeper? Are we keeping him wrapped up and giving experience to Rudd and Steer? Or is he injured?

[quote user="chicken"]Whats the deal with the Ausie keeper? Are we keeping him wrapped up and giving experience to Rudd and Steer? Or is he injured?
[/quote]

He''s back at Colney doing work with Paul Critchton, and adapting to everything first.

Expect him to feature in the Man Utd XI and Wigan games.

That sounds like tosh Mushy old bean - surely a goalkeepers job is exactly the same in every country? They pretty much all kick the same football these days. The only thing he has to adapt to is his team and they are all in Scotland and by the sounds of it without the goalkeeping coach (although Gunny obviously can do that).Its good to see the younger keepers getting friendlies - they can only get better for it. I am not even worried that Rudd gave a penalty away - keepers have got to be able to give it too the strikers, the problem we have had with some of our past keepers is their reluctance to get roughed up a bit. If Rudd has the bravery then all they need to do is harness it so he doesnt give penalties away. Maybe they have let Doherty take the keeper training while up there?

[quote user="chicken"]That sounds like tosh Mushy old bean - surely a goalkeepers job is exactly the same in every country? They pretty much all kick the same football these days. The only thing he has to adapt to is his team and they are all in Scotland and by the sounds of it without the goalkeeping coach (although Gunny obviously can do that).

Its good to see the younger keepers getting friendlies - they can only get better for it. I am not even worried that Rudd gave a penalty away - keepers have got to be able to give it too the strikers, the problem we have had with some of our past keepers is their reluctance to get roughed up a bit. If Rudd has the bravery then all they need to do is harness it so he doesnt give penalties away. Maybe they have let Doherty take the keeper training while up there?
[/quote]

He was definitely up in Scotland earlier in the week. I''d recognise that chin anywhere.

Was going to give the Man Utd and Wigan games a miss. Might just nip along now ... need to see Maric and Askou in action [Y]

[quote user="chicken"]That sounds like tosh Mushy old bean - surely a goalkeepers job is exactly the same in every country? They pretty much all kick the same football these days. The only thing he has to adapt to is his team and they are all in Scotland and by the sounds of it without the goalkeeping coach (although Gunny obviously can do that).

Its good to see the younger keepers getting friendlies - they can only get better for it. I am not even worried that Rudd gave a penalty away - keepers have got to be able to give it too the strikers, the problem we have had with some of our past keepers is their reluctance to get roughed up a bit. If Rudd has the bravery then all they need to do is harness it so he doesnt give penalties away. Maybe they have let Doherty take the keeper training while up there?
[/quote]

I mean the time difference, to be at your physical and mental peak coming from somewhere like Australia takes well over a week to adapt.

[quote user="Henry"]Was going to give the Man Utd and Wigan games a miss. Might just nip along now ... need to see Maric and Askou in action [Y]
[/quote]

We hope! [:)]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Adeyemi on for Tudur Jones, Nelson on for Askou. Bridges still kicking his heels on the bench...[/quote]Hmmm interesting. Team Gunn must have made their minds up.