Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Dartford 2, Norwich City 7

My score prediction was 8-2 before the match started, I wasn''t being entirely serious. One more for City and I shall be spot on! Incidentally, what happened to the score-guess thread?

[quote user="Mushroom"]

[quote user="Norwich74"][quote user="MXboy"]im pretty confedent that Cureton will be quality next season, a proven goal scorer at league 1 level.[/quote]

hahahahaha here we go he scores in pre season and now everyone thinks he is the Samuel eto of league 1
[/quote]

Well said that man.

[/quote]

I''ll second that, i''d rather our strikeforce be Mcdonald and a targetman next season with Martin on the bench and Cureton sold/reserves.

[quote user="Big Bob"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="Big Bob"]Any idea of how their second goal came about, we ehar it was Otsemobor''s fault for the first anybodies fault for the second?[/quote]

Cross from the right, diving header.

[/quote]

Oh right thanks, hopefully Spillane will play RB next season anyway, and we get a new LB as i think Drury isn''t good enough going forward.

[/quote]

Second one has nothing to do with the right back, a ''cross from the right'' means our left.

Sounds to me like they are both problem positions. Both goals came from down the right side, with Otsemober being at fault for one through poor positioning.

So maybe we need a new left back and a new right back?

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="Big Bob"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="Big Bob"]Any idea of how their second goal came about, we ehar it was Otsemobor''s fault for the first anybodies fault for the second?[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh right thanks, hopefully Spillane will play RB next season anyway, and we get a new LB as i think Drury isn''t good enough going forward.

[/quote]

Second one has nothing to do with the right back, a ''cross from the right'' means our left.

Sounds to me like they are both problem positions. Both goals came from down the right side, with Otsemober being at fault for one through poor positioning.

[/quote]

I''ll agree they''re both problem areas, but i wrote that it PROBABLY was Otsemobor''s fault before Pete told me it was from the right.

[quote user="Largey"]

When has LB and RB never been a problem for us?

Me thinks before the Prem season.

[/quote]

So we need to keep Drury and snap Edworthy up?

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

The majority of goals from crosses are the fault of the full-backs...

...in whatever team.

[/quote]

Maybe, but both of ours our crap.

[quote user="Big Bob"][quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="Big Bob"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ll agree they''re both problem areas, but i wrote that it PROBABLY was Otsemobor''s fault before Pete told me it was from the right.

[/quote]

I think that we both agree that we need a new left back and a new right back. You dont need to right in capital letters, i am fully literate and my glasses are completely up to date.

[quote user="Big Bob"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

...in whatever team.

[/quote]

Maybe, but both of ours our crap.

[/quote]

are**

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="ncfclad"]It doesnt take an expert to see that Takura was much better than Otsemobor. Quite frankly if Otsemobor is at right back against Colchester Gunn should get sacked.[/quote]

Ha ha...... this made me chuckle.

Although sadly I know that it is a very serious subject.

[/quote]watch this space.....stays 1-1 the witch hunt will start![/quote]

And rightly so.

[/quote]6-0 yesterday, 7-2 today, a number of interesting looking potential signings playing on trial - don''t think the witch hunt looks imminent now, does it?Jamie''s even scored - twice! Go on Wiz, crack a smile! [:D] [B]

Apparently Neilson was alright in the second half, Nelson and Doherty good solid at the back. Cureton looked sharp apparently, and a good work out all in all!

I can put my phone away now!

Truth be told Croft was a greater attacking threat, as well as a greater defensive asset for us last season than Otsemobor. Lee masked just how poor, impotent and inept Jon was for us last season with his relentless determination.We can''t rely on our next right winger shouldering this burden also.He has to go.

I don''tcare if it was just against Dartford. I am still happy with the result and good lad Jamie, you needed a couple of goals.

...in whatever team.

[/quote]

Really? What about the keepers that mess up when they come out to catch a cross? (e.g. Marshall), or the centre backs that miss the crucial header, or head it into their own net?

Otsemober was at fault for the first for poor positioning (apparently),  he should have dealt with the cross.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="Big Bob"][quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="Big Bob"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think that we both agree that we need a new left back and a new right back. You dont need to right in capital letters, i am fully literate and my glasses are completely up to date.

[/quote]

I was just pointing it out......

Yeah  unless Spillane is played there and he turns out good, must admit i can''t remember seeing him play there so unsure about that. But for some reason Gunn seem''s to love them both

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="ncfclad"]It doesnt take an expert to see that Takura was much better than Otsemobor. Quite frankly if Otsemobor is at right back against Colchester Gunn should get sacked.[/quote]

Ha ha...... this made me chuckle.

Although sadly I know that it is a very serious subject.

[/quote]

watch this space.....stays 1-1 the witch hunt will start!
[/quote]

And rightly so.

[/quote]

6-0 yesterday, 7-2 today, a number of interesting looking potential signings playing on trial - don''t think the witch hunt looks imminent now, does it?

Jamie''s even scored - twice! Go on Wiz, crack a smile! [:D] [B]
[/quote]

2 wins against teams we should be scoring 6 and 7 against,sorry if i don''t get to happy yet,come the start of august if we win the first two by 6 and 7 then i will start to take note!!! Theymust be poor if barn door scored!! (Sorry couldn''t resist)

i think thats more goals in the past two games than we scored for the whole of last season! [:P]

Wow Adam Burchall''s career has rather fallen from great heights, so much attention about him playing for trinidad and Tobago at the world cup, now he''s at Dartford (if it''s the same one??)

...in whatever team.

[/quote]

Absolutement, as they say in France.