Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Dartford 2, Norwich City 7

[quote user="Big Bob"]Wow Adam Burchall''s career has rather fallen from great heights, so much attention about him playing for trinidad and Tobago at the world cup, now he''s at Dartford (if it''s the same one??)[/quote]

Chris Birchall at Brighton you mean?

Although think he''s now at LA Galaxy...

[quote user="Big Bob"]Wow Adam Burchall''s career has rather fallen from great heights, so much attention about him playing for trinidad and Tobago at the world cup, now he''s at Dartford (if it''s the same one??)[/quote]No, i don''t think it is.He was playing for Brighton at the beginning of last season, and was then brought to LA Galaxy as cover for Beckham (i think).

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="Big Bob"]Wow Adam Burchall''s career has rather fallen from great heights, so much attention about him playing for trinidad and Tobago at the world cup, now he''s at Dartford (if it''s the same one??)[/quote]

Chris Birchall at Brighton you mean?

Although think he''s now at LA Galaxy...

[/quote]Oh yeah, ''Chris Birchall''[:#]

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

The majority of goals from crosses are the fault of the full-backs...

...in whatever team.

[/quote]

Really? What about the keepers that mess up when they come out to catch a cross? (e.g. Marshall), or the centre backs that miss the crucial header, or head it into their own net?

Otsemober was at fault for the first for poor positioning (apparently),  he should have dealt with the cross.

[/quote]

If the full-back did a 100% job then there would be very little or no crosses to score from, that was my point.

Just got back from the game, really nice ground and decent fans.

Thought Spillane had a really good game, played well in midfield and looked to get forwards any every chance. Martin has progressed, got a bit taller as well.

With the guy on trial Nielson, i feel it is a choice between him and McVeigh for a contract as both play similar roles. Neilson did nothing first half apart from the well taken goal, he likes to cut in a lot as well.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

Just got back from the game, really nice ground and decent fans.

Thought Spillane had a really good game, played well in midfield and looked to get forwards any every chance. Martin has progressed, got a bit taller as well.

With the guy on trial Nielson, i feel it is a choice between him and McVeigh for a contract as both play similar roles. Neilson did nothing first half apart from the well taken goal, he likes to cut in a lot as well.

[/quote]

I thought Nielson was the better of the two...had a couple of good runs early on and the goal was a good''un, though was given plenty of space. Definetly not the skill level or speed of Lee Croft

Gunn said he would let him recover from the different times, should see him in Scotland.

[quote user="Hucks is Legend"]Gunn said he would let him recover from the different times, should see him in Scotland.[/quote]

I actually think having so many pre-season games will allow Rudd and Steer to gain some useful experience with the first team squad.

I went to the game today as it''s so close to home in Whitstable

New ,good facility , a team that just missed their playoff chance to get into the Conference South

Dartford showed some guts against us in the first half but ultimately NCFC were fitter

About 5-600 Canaries amongst the 1900 crowd

Good to see some signs of us passing the ball with fir and considering how many changes were made there was little disruption to the pace we played at

Why O why Roeder didn''t play Lappin I don''t know   ? Creative and steady . Neilson was good,pacy,accurate . Spillane and Martin look stronger .Hoolahan loses the ball too much. Doc still makes me nervous .Some of the subs didn''t get long enough to get more than a 6

PROMISING SHOW -we palyed passing game with plenty of pace and we aren''t a team of lightweights ,more match fitness will help confidence .more physical teams in League 1 I don''t think will live with pace

Early days but an enjoyable day

Player ratings :-

Norwich City: Rudd   7, Otsemobor  6, Drury  7, Doherty  7 (Dumic,  6), Nelson  7, Tudur Jones  7 (Pattison,  7), Neilson  9 (McVeigh,  6), Spillane  8 (Gill,  6), Martin  8 (McDonald, 7 ), Hoolahan   6. (Cureton,   7), Lappin  9. Subs (not used) Steer, Adeyemi, Stephens.

Sounds like we''d be silly not to get Neilson in for the sake of a few quid, he''s only semi-pro now so wouldn''t cost much plus would be totally up for making his name in the game.  What''s to lose?

Yah, it''s the same one.  I''ve seen him in several games for them as we (USA) play in tournaments and World Cup qualifying that includes both Trinidad AND Tobago.