Sign in to follow this  
USAcanary

Players we have on trial?

OK, from what I have read we have the following players on trial......

Takura Mtandari

Troy Powell

Nicholas Chrysantho

Max Joarder

Goran Maric

Scott Neilson

Anyone know anything much about any of these players that has not already been posted?

Ans Takura Mtandari sounds a little like ''takeaway tandoori''... I s he indian, any info?

I stayed after the game last night and managed to speak to both Troy and Takura. Both really nice lads and want to come here. Was very impressed by both of them. Spoke to their parents'' for the best part of half an hour. these two could both be well worth a contract.

[quote user="Yella N Green Blood"]I stayed after the game last night and managed to speak to both Troy and Takura. Both really nice lads and want to come here. Was very impressed by both of them. Spoke to their parents'' for the best part of half an hour. these two could both be well worth a contract.[/quote]

Thats good info........ some may disagree but I think character is very important in a team environment.

With an 18 player matchday squad we are looking for good solid squad players who can do a job for us when we have injuries.

The teams that have more options on the bench are going to have an advantage this year........

Some of the teams in LG 1 may struggle to get 18 pros let alone having a good balance on the bench.

Not that this means anything in the real world, BUT.... Takura Mtandari was a main stay left / right back on my Championship winning Blyth Spartans footy manager team. He was a real gem on that game for me so i was quite interested to see his name pop up at Norwich.He is about 18 / 19 and a right sided utility so maybe he could be competition for Semmy ? English also !I have to say its exciting to have a couple of Spurs youngsters on trial !!!

[quote user="USAcanary"]

Takura Mtandari

Troy Powell

Goran Maric

Scott Neilson

[/quote]These are the four I''d go with assuming they pass medicals etc.I also like the idea of young Spurs players.  I think that was how we got Bowen, Crook and Polston, and if this lot are half as good I''d be happy.

Crook, Bowen, Sherwood....actually no, Sherwood left us to become a Spurs reject! I say give the young, hungry, talented, grateful Spurs triallists a cheap contract for 1 year and get them to be hungry to prove themselves. If they are that keen to make it in football, Norwich is one of the best prospects for a player like this at the moment. A team too low down the divisions, with excellent facilities, tremendous support, and one of the best prospects for getting higher up the leagues over the next few seasons. We probably wouldn''t have looked at them if we were in the Championship still.

Better a couple of youngsters from the prem contracted to us, than a couple on loan, even if the loanees are better quality. This way, at least, we get to gain from our coaching work with them. And Powell, at least, seems to be good material to work with.

Yes, both McVeigh and Mulryne, as well as the 2 Ians (Crook and Culverhouse) and the rest already named. Mtandari is of African descent BTW, and can play FB on either side. The squad looks quite balanced to me if the exchanges go ahead as rumoured:

GK Theoklitos, Rudd, Steer
RB Otsemobor, Spillane, Mtandari
LB Drury, Lappin, Mtandari, Habergham
CB Doherty, Nelson, Spillane
CB Stefanovic, Stephens, Dumic, Joarder
CM Tudur-Jones, Spillane, Smith, Chrysanthou
CM Gill, Pattison, Adeyemi, Lappin
RM Whaley?, Neilson, Smith, McVeigh?, Lathrope
LM Hoolahan, Parry?, Lappin, Pattison, McVeigh?
S Maric?, Martin, Powell, Renton, Kelly
S McDonald, Martin, Cureton, McVeigh?, Daley

I''d still like to see Lee or another physical presence up front, though.

mulryne is ex Man. United. There are others though like Ross Fitzsimon who didn''t make it into norwich''s team in the end... and we also had neal fenn on loan for a while. plus dean marney.

I am lead to believe that Takura mtandari is from Kenya, so when he comes on the pitch we will have to Shout Jambo (Hello) and when he scores we shout ASSENTI SANI (thank you very much )

I''ve got a mate who watches Spurs, says he has a mate who goes to reserve games, who says Mtandari is versatile and quality, and he was annoyed they let him go. He went on to say that is why Spurs are rubbish, because they don''t bring young "homegrown players" into their squad like Arsenal and Man United. Not the most comprehensive scout report ever but hey...

You could see his quality the other night, albeit vs Fakenham. Said he would be happy to play anywhere. His dad said he started as a forward and got converted to full back. Very composed, quick, strong, skillful, looked comfortable going forward and solid when he had to defend.