Sign in to follow this  
Raymond De Waard

High-scoring Norwich matches

Norwich 6 Watford 1 in 84, 4 for John Deehan and 1 for Rob Rosario on debut.

[quote user="james norwich"]5-3 home to Villa in 75/76 season - MacDougall hatrick. 2 weeks after a 4-2 home win over Everton and another MacDougall hatrick.[/quote]

I was about to post the same thing. I think it was the start of the season and we were top after two or three games but I stand to be corrected.

[quote user="dpit"]

[quote user="james norwich"]5-3 home to Villa in 75/76 season - MacDougall hatrick. 2 weeks after a 4-2 home win over Everton and another MacDougall hatrick.[/quote]

I was about to post the same thing. I think it was the start of the season and we were top after two or three games but I stand to be corrected.

[/quote] 3rd game of the season and we were 12th .

[quote user="S.Yorks Canary"]8-0 against Sutton Utd is another one[/quote]had a 3some with two girls from St Albans after that game - high score for me......

[quote user="The Chirp"]the southampton game when we lost 4-5 was amazing! I think Robins scored a hat trick after coming on as a sub... and Ken Monkou scored a header at the death... I think those three points kept them up.

It''s the only game i can remember when i left feeling happy even after losing.. It was just such an amazing game of football...

[/quote]

Snap. I too recall leaving the game with a bizarre feeling of contentment despite losing the game - all the more bizarre due to the fact that I believe we were 3-1 up at half-time. Did Le Tissier also bag a hat-trick? Fantasy football all round.....

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Didn''t we crush someone like Gorleston last summer 12-0?[/quote]

Do you have to bring that one up Houston ? [:$]

Anyway I recall a match that may be the most goals scored in the first half by City (well since I have ever watched them that is)

About 1962 Tony Waddington brought his runaway league leaders Stoke City to Carrow Road. The Stoke side was full of aging but still very able and talented stars in the form of Stan Matthews, Wilf Mannion, Jimmy Mcillroy, Dennis Violet etc etc.

At half time we were winning by an amazing 6-0 ! [:O] Probably the best performance I have ever seen from a Norwich City side.

Unfortunately we failed to add any more in the second half and that was the final score [:(].

[quote user="crabman84"]

What have been the highest scoring matches involving Norwich over the years?  The main one''s that spring to mind with me are beating Burnley 5-3, Middelsbrough 4-4 and a 4-4 at Charlton we had ages ago.

There must be a higher-scoring game than them in the last 20 years?

[/quote]

Didnt norwich lose 8-1 to Man City on the FA Cup at Maine Road?

[quote user="S.Yorks Canary"]i also seem to remember a 7-1 drubbing at blackburn but cant remember a game with more than 8 goals.[/quote]

That was the game where the tw @t Sherwood came into our dressing after the game had finished and gsve our players a load of abuse and took the pi ss, the wayne kerr[:@]

[quote user="Hissing Sid"]

I remember 4 games against Southampton over the years,

1986(?) City 4 Saints 3

1989 City 4 Saints 4

1993(?) City 4 Saints 5

2005 Saints 4 City 3

[/quote]

i remember that 5-4 game... Mark Robins got 2, Matt Le tisser got 3 for them, Bob Ullathorne chipped in with an own goal and a certain Mr Magilton got an own goal for southampton.. big Kenny Monkou scored the winner for the saints in injury time in the most bizzare game of football i think i have ever seen.

jas :)

[quote user="Irish Canary"]

[quote user="The Chirp"]the southampton game when we lost 4-5 was amazing! I think Robins scored a hat trick after coming on as a sub... and Ken Monkou scored a header at the death... I think those three points kept them up. It''s the only game i can remember when i left feeling happy even after losing.. It was just such an amazing game of football... [/quote]

Snap. I too recall leaving the game with a bizarre feeling of contentment despite losing the game - all the more bizarre due to the fact that I believe we were 3-1 up at half-time. Did Le Tissier also bag a hat-trick? Fantasy football all round.....

[/quote]Le Tiss did score a hat-trick... a free kick, a half volley and i forget the other... I remember he also set up the winner! It was a fantastic game of football played in glorious sunshine... shame we didn''t win but... oh well!

[quote user="Hissing Sid"]

1986(?) City 4 Saints 3

1989 City 4 Saints 4

1993(?) City 4 Saints 5

2005 Saints 4 City 3

[/quote]

The 4-5 game was probably the most memorable high scoring game for me. The other one has to be City 3 Liverpool 5. We played well and Fashanu scored the goal of the season but we were still outclassed in the end.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Hissing Sid"]

1986(?) City 4 Saints 3

1989 City 4 Saints 4

1993(?) City 4 Saints 5

2005 Saints 4 City 3

[/quote]

i remember that 5-4 game... Mark Robins got 2, Matt Le tisser got 3 for them, Bob Ullathorne chipped in with an own goal and a certain Mr Magilton got an own goal for southampton.. big Kenny Monkou scored the winner for the saints in injury time in the most bizzare game of football i think i have ever seen.

jas :)

[/quote]ah i think youre right jas on the own goals that rings a bell... prob my fav game i''ve been to and we lost...! Also enjoyed beating luton 2-3 a couple of seasons back... there was this scottish chap abusing the norwich players every touch... and before lappin stuck that winning free kick he was f-ing and blinding and saying what a waste of time this will be... only for lappin to hammer the ball home... loads of us turned around and gave him some stick... needless to say he said nothing after!we still almost threw the points away in the 93rd min with paul gallagher seemingly doing his very best to gift drew talbot a goal!

[quote user="book end"][quote user="Hissing Sid"]

1986(?) City 4 Saints 3

1989 City 4 Saints 4

1993(?) City 4 Saints 5

2005 Saints 4 City 3

[/quote]

The 4-5 game was probably the most memorable high scoring game for me. The other one has to be City 3 Liverpool 5. We played well and Fashanu scored the goal of the season but we were still outclassed in the end.

[/quote]talking of liverpool games does anyone rember the famous 2 all game when bruce grobbelaar was done for match fixing and gunny got sent off for handball? I remember Scott Howie coming on to the pitch for his first apppearance and had to save a great free kick... real heart in mouth stuff!

[quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="book end"][quote user="Hissing Sid"]

1986(?) City 4 Saints 3

1989 City 4 Saints 4

1993(?) City 4 Saints 5

2005 Saints 4 City 3

[/quote]

[/quote]

talking of liverpool games does anyone rember the famous 2 all game when bruce grobbelaar was done for match fixing and gunny got sent off for handball? I remember Scott Howie coming on to the pitch for his first apppearance and had to save a great free kick... real heart in mouth stuff!
[/quote]

I was there at that Liverpool game, wasn''t the Liverpool manager at the time Evans?  Had Dalglish or was it Souness, walked out on them not long before?  I was sitting in the Barclay at that game, remember Gunny getting sent off and Howie coming on, we should have had at least one pen, and Sutton scored a lovely , lofted, curling goal into the top corner[:)]

[quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="Irish Canary"]

[quote user="The Chirp"]the southampton game when we lost 4-5 was amazing! I think Robins scored a hat trick after coming on as a sub... and Ken Monkou scored a header at the death... I think those three points kept them up.

It''s the only game i can remember when i left feeling happy even after losing.. It was just such an amazing game of football...

[/quote]

[/quote]

Le Tiss did score a hat-trick... a free kick, a half volley and i forget the other... I remember he also set up the winner! It was a fantastic game of football played in glorious sunshine... shame we didn''t win but... oh well!
[/quote]

and a penalty.