Sign in to follow this  
Efan Ekoku

Paul Mcveigh

[quote user="Fred"]We do not need yet another small striker. It was a pity that Paul McVeigh took so long to break into our first team when he was at his best. That is now a long time ago.
[/quote]

Striker? he only played about 20 odd games up front in his whole career!  In that half a season he scored enough goals to end up top scorer for us with 15 goals, but he is well and truly an attacking centre, right or left midfielder! 

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="Fred"]We do not need yet another small striker. It was a pity that Paul McVeigh took so long to break into our first team when he was at his best. That is now a long time ago.[/quote]

Striker? he only played about 20 odd games up front in his whole career!  In that half a season he scored enough goals to end up top scorer for us with 15 goals, but he is well and truly an attacking centre, right or left midfielder! 

[/quote]He was a striker by nature. All those goals scored before he ever came to Norwich were as a striker.

Stick him in the Pen area he can probably still finish better than Cureton (i really doubt he would come back, Luton where trying to get rid of him for over a season weren''t they?)

[quote user="Fred"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="Fred"]We do not need yet another small striker. It was a pity that Paul McVeigh took so long to break into our first team when he was at his best. That is now a long time ago.
[/quote]

[/quote]

He was a striker by nature. All those goals scored before he ever came to Norwich were as a striker.
[/quote]

What that ONE goal he scored before he came to Norwich? Stop talking to me you absolute fool.

Yes he played as a striker as a youth player for Spurs, alongside Peter Crouch, but in his professional career of about 12 or 13 years he has played an absolute maximum of 40 games up front, and about 250 games across the midfield. Ashley Cole played as a striker until he was 15, but hes still a bleedin Left Back now. Daryl Russell played as a striker as a kid for Norwich too, he didnt play very well as a striker last year though did he.

[quote user="Ankles50"]Heard this a couple weeks back, he was contacted when staying at Huckerby''s place in the US having trials at 4 teams over there. Invited to drop into Colney on his return for a bit of training and a chat[/quote]

bump

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="Fred"][quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="Fred"]We do not need yet another small striker. It was a pity that Paul McVeigh took so long to break into our first team when he was at his best. That is now a long time ago.[/quote]

[/quote]He was a striker by nature. All those goals scored before he ever came to Norwich were as a striker. [/quote]

What that ONE goal he scored before he came to Norwich? Stop talking to me you absolute fool.

Yes he played as a striker as a youth player for Spurs, alongside Peter Crouch, but in his professional career of about 12 or 13 years he has played an absolute maximum of 40 games up front, and about 250 games across the midfield. Ashley Cole played as a striker until he was 15, but hes still a bleedin Left Back now. Daryl Russell played as a striker as a kid for Norwich too, he didnt play very well as a striker last year though did he.

[/quote]A central midfielder? I wouldn''t play him anywhere central other than as a deep / free-role striker. He hasn''t got the physical presence to play as an out and out central midfielder. He was always most effective when out wide or as an old fashioned 2nd striker who sits deep and picks up the pieces from a target man.Quality wise he is good its just his fitness and application that have lacked in the past. If he is fit enough then you may see a McVeigh of old score more goals.His goal versus Man U was pretty amazing.

[quote user="Efan Ekoku"]Will be signing for us again. 100% genuine, you heard it hear 1st.[/quote]I think you''re owned some aplogies

Why has it been stated by the club he has signed?  Just I can''t find it anywhere, other than he''s training at Colney with the rest of the squad to keep his fitness levels up.

Imagine if Roeder had signed a player like McVeigh he would have been ripped to shreds , and so should Gunn be , words cannot describe just how stupid this signing would make us look .Sod of Gunn ,the sooner the better.

Can someone please tell me what ''WLY'' means with reference to Paul Mcviegh. It''s killing me. Am sure it will be a let down when i find out, but am used to that today!

[quote user="KCanary"]Can someone please tell me what ''WLY'' means with reference to Paul Mcviegh. It''s killing me. Am sure it will be a let down when i find out, but am used to that today![/quote]

We Love You.

It depends if it''s the fit and motivated McVeigh or the overweight one that couldn''t be arsed.

If it''s the former then i''m all for having him, he''s certainly got talent when he wants to use it.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="KCanary"]Can someone please tell me what ''WLY'' means with reference to Paul Mcviegh. It''s killing me. Am sure it will be a let down when i find out, but am used to that today![/quote]

We Love You.

[/quote]

Cheers! Love you too [;)]

We love you Paul McVeigh

and if its quite alright

We love you Paul McVeigh

despite your lack of height

We love you Paul McVeigh

You cross the ball and we score......