Sign in to follow this  
Badger

Objectives of NCISA

[quote user="T"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="T"]You are perfectly entitled to your rebate as I''ve already said as that was clearly the terms that you bought your ST under. What is also perfectly clear is that you and some others on here expect others to subsidise you and that you have a problem with people being richer and more sucessful than yourself.[/quote]

What 100% pure and unadulterated tripe you type...http://www.ideasinfood.com/photos/tripe/tripe.html 

Had enough targeting the NCISA? So, now it''s time to change tack and aim to discredit the rebate snafflin'' supporter, eh?....

I don''t give a monkey''s bum what you think....As you''re entitled to it....(The monkey''s bum - that is).

[/quote]

I do understand that it is easier for you to be in denial of reality but that does not change reality

[/quote]

I honestly don''t actually think that you understand anything......

Just out of interest Butler can you name a single club in the Football League that doesn''t need subsidising by its owners?

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Badger

I will do my best.

Re my previous post re the open meeting, and before that NCISA have held numerous meetings with board members and players in the past and will strive to do so in the future. There is a website with contact details and anyone can therefore put across their views. As highlighted in my previous post, NCISA will be seeking to meet with the directors to represent those who attended the meeting and also to hand over a portfolio of emails and communications from NCISA members.

NCISA are continuing to fund the academy, pledging funds raised from the Canary Challenge and meetings to this end.

The third objective is currently raising funds for FONCY and the academy, but other "projects" may come up in the future.

By recent activities do you mean the meeting at St Andrew''s Hall? If so this I hope I have covered re reasons and hopeful outcome, as have other committee members on this message board. Sadly there is just so much to trawl through![/quote]Gazza thanks for your detailed replies.When I referred to "recent activities," I meant in particular recommending that fans do not let the Club keep their rebate. Having worked so hard over the years to raise money for the club, it seems a shame and a bit contradictory to now issue a press statement with the purpose of denying the club funds. It is quite likely that this could have a bigger impact than all the work that you have put in over years.Of course, I agree with you that it is the fans'' choice in what they do with their "rebate" but it is quite likely that the NCISA''s call will have influenced many. Personally, I would rather that you had left it to the fans to decide.  Alternatively, you could have recommended that those who weren''t sure to adopt a similar stance to yourself and buy shares which will raise money for the club and continue to spread the ownership whilst still making some form of protest.

Badger - I gave a similar reply to Gazza many many moons/pages ago! NCISA committee members are aware that there is a clash between advice on reclaiming rebates - and raising money for the club. This was on our agenda on Wednesday night.

Any money currently pledged - eg to Ricky Martin for the academy - will be paid. Any future money raised - eg for next season''s Canary Challenge is going to be subject of further discussion.

I am aware this is an unsatisfactory answer, but you are not the only one trying to match up our stated objectives with the new ball game that is relegation, League 1, a 3-person Board, a totally rookie manager, no CE etc etc.

We are working on it!

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="gazzathegreat"]Badger

I will do my best.

Re my previous post re the open meeting, and before that NCISA have held numerous meetings with board members and players in the past and will strive to do so in the future. There is a website with contact details and anyone can therefore put across their views. As highlighted in my previous post, NCISA will be seeking to meet with the directors to represent those who attended the meeting and also to hand over a portfolio of emails and communications from NCISA members.

NCISA are continuing to fund the academy, pledging funds raised from the Canary Challenge and meetings to this end.

The third objective is currently raising funds for FONCY and the academy, but other "projects" may come up in the future.

By recent activities do you mean the meeting at St Andrew''s Hall? If so this I hope I have covered re reasons and hopeful outcome, as have other committee members on this message board. Sadly there is just so much to trawl through![/quote]Gazza thanks for your detailed replies.When I referred to "recent activities," I meant in particular recommending that fans do not let the Club keep their rebate. Having worked so hard over the years to raise money for the club, it seems a shame and a bit contradictory to now issue a press statement with the purpose of denying the club funds. It is quite likely that this could have a bigger impact than all the work that you have put in over years.Of course, I agree with you that it is the fans'' choice in what they do with their "rebate" but it is quite likely that the NCISA''s call will have influenced many. Personally, I would rather that you had left it to the fans to decide.  Alternatively, you could have recommended that those who weren''t sure to adopt a similar stance to yourself and buy shares which will raise money for the club and continue to spread the ownership whilst still making some form of protest. [/quote]

Badger, the problem with your posts are that they are thoughtful, sensible, realistic and constructive.

sigh.......

If only we had that kind of talent sitting on both the board and the various supporters groups.

[quote user="T"]Persoanal decision whether you take the rebate or not. Clearly you feel comfortable with other''s subsidising you - that is your choice. The only practical effect though is that the club has less funds to spend to make players rich and less chance of being promoted.[/quote]

You really are a clueless tit aren''t you???

What NCFC has to do with you also, god only knows!!!

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Badger"][quote user="gazzathegreat"]Badger I will do my best. Re my previous post re the open meeting, and before that NCISA have held numerous meetings with board members and players in the past and will strive to do so in the future. There is a website with contact details and anyone can therefore put across their views. As highlighted in my previous post, NCISA will be seeking to meet with the directors to represent those who attended the meeting and also to hand over a portfolio of emails and communications from NCISA members. NCISA are continuing to fund the academy, pledging funds raised from the Canary Challenge and meetings to this end. The third objective is currently raising funds for FONCY and the academy, but other "projects" may come up in the future. By recent activities do you mean the meeting at St Andrew''s Hall? If so this I hope I have covered re reasons and hopeful outcome, as have other committee members on this message board. Sadly there is just so much to trawl through![/quote]

Gazza thanks for your detailed replies.

When I referred to "recent activities," I meant in particular recommending that fans do not let the Club keep their rebate. Having worked so hard over the years to raise money for the club, it seems a shame and a bit contradictory to now issue a press statement with the purpose of denying the club funds. It is quite likely that this could have a bigger impact than all the work that you have put in over years.

Of course, I agree with you that it is the fans'' choice in what they do with their "rebate" but it is quite likely that the NCISA''s call will have influenced many. Personally, I would rather that you had left it to the fans to decide.  Alternatively, you could have recommended that those who weren''t sure to adopt a similar stance to yourself and buy shares which will raise money for the club and continue to spread the ownership whilst still making some form of protest.

[/quote] Badger, the problem with your posts are that they are thoughtful, sensible, realistic and constructive. sigh....... If only we had that kind of talent sitting on both the board and the various supporters groups.[/quote]

Do I need to check facebook to see if you are in Badgers set[:D]

[quote user="LQ"]Just out of interest Butler can you name a single club in the Football League that doesn''t need subsidising by its owners?

[/quote]

Good point LQ I have no wish to trawl every clubs accounts.Not every club was making a loss was it?

Are you saying that every football club from Man U to Luton downwards all rely on a sugar daddy/mummy?

Do those owners know this when they scrabble to buy up the shares? I seem to recall a few owners walking away with a million or three.

Did I dream it or have NCFC made a profit or two over the past years. I am sure TFA or Carrow or someone can confirm this.

It is even more imperative then that the fans wrestle back their game from "money men/women". Pay staff/players what they are worth and bring a degree of sense back.Then we wont be accused of taking handouts!

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Badger"][quote user="gazzathegreat"]Badger I will do my best. Re my previous post re the open meeting, and before that NCISA have held numerous meetings with board members and players in the past and will strive to do so in the future. There is a website with contact details and anyone can therefore put across their views. As highlighted in my previous post, NCISA will be seeking to meet with the directors to represent those who attended the meeting and also to hand over a portfolio of emails and communications from NCISA members. NCISA are continuing to fund the academy, pledging funds raised from the Canary Challenge and meetings to this end. The third objective is currently raising funds for FONCY and the academy, but other "projects" may come up in the future. By recent activities do you mean the meeting at St Andrew''s Hall? If so this I hope I have covered re reasons and hopeful outcome, as have other committee members on this message board. Sadly there is just so much to trawl through![/quote]

When I referred to "recent activities," I meant in particular recommending that fans do not let the Club keep their rebate. Having worked so hard over the years to raise money for the club, it seems a shame and a bit contradictory to now issue a press statement with the purpose of denying the club funds. It is quite likely that this could have a bigger impact than all the work that you have put in over years.

Of course, I agree with you that it is the fans'' choice in what they do with their "rebate" but it is quite likely that the NCISA''s call will have influenced many. Personally, I would rather that you had left it to the fans to decide.  Alternatively, you could have recommended that those who weren''t sure to adopt a similar stance to yourself and buy shares which will raise money for the club and continue to spread the ownership whilst still making some form of protest.

[/quote] Badger, the problem with your posts are that they are thoughtful, sensible, realistic and constructive. sigh....... If only we had that kind of talent sitting on both the board and the various supporters groups.[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL. No need, Mr Tilson and detective Angel have already tried looking.

I said Football League Butler, but some in the Promised Land are reliant on handouts from owners too.Yes, the Club has made a profit in some years but if you check I think you''ll find that certain monies have also been put into the Club in the same period by the major (not necessarily majority) shareholders.Football business is a hobby of mine (I know, you don''t have to say it!!! [8-)]) and in all honestly I can''t think of a single club in the FL who don''t rely on their owners. Yes, some do manage to walk away with a few quid - Sheffield Wednesday springs to mind - but not many and perhaps some of them don''t realise how dodgy this football investment game is when they go into it. That''s down to poor due diligence though and a whole other story!

[quote user="LQ"]I said Football League Butler, but some in the Promised Land are reliant on handouts from owners too.

Yes, the Club has made a profit in some years but if you check I think you''ll find that certain monies have also been put into the Club in the same period by the major (not necessarily majority) shareholders.

Football business is a hobby of mine (I know, you don''t have to say it!!! [8-)]) and in all honestly I can''t think of a single club in the FL who don''t rely on their owners. Yes, some do manage to walk away with a few quid - Sheffield Wednesday springs to mind - but not many and perhaps some of them don''t realise how dodgy this football investment game is when they go into it. That''s down to poor due diligence though and a whole other story!

[/quote]

Hull.  Fact. 

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote] LOL. No need, Mr Tilson and detective Angel have already tried looking.[/quote]

Thats where you''re wrong my friend as I''m not registered on facebook, never have been and have no wish to be.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote] LOL. No need, Mr Tilson and detective Angel have already tried looking.[/quote]

Thats where you''re wrong my friend as I''m not registered on facebook, never have been and have no wish to be.

[/quote]

Well, that makes two of us.

Didn''t stop Mr Tilson throwing his baseless paranoia around.

A very worrying leadership trait.

[quote user="T"]You are perfectly entitled to your rebate as I''ve already said as that was clearly the terms that you bought your ST under. What is also perfectly clear is that you and some others on here expect others to subsidise you and that you have a problem with people being richer and more sucessful than yourself.[/quote]

Again you miss the point.

With the money from player sales, prem and parachute payments, plus crowds in excess of 20,000 for every home game, there should be no reason, if the club is managed properly, for anyone to be subsidised.

You quote general, average figures,as your bible. Our location,crowds,support, corporate sponsorship, puts our income way above the average for most Championship clubs, never mind the first division.

If this board cannot manage that income properly,is that the fault of the fans. If they set prices too low, if they make rash promises,is that the fault of the fans?

The board would have been better advised to repay ALL the promised rebates and then asked for donations via shares, to be equalled by board input, for player purchases. That is something most fans could have understood and perhaps would have caused less split within the fan base and would have allowed those better off at present to have done something.

Targetting the loyal supporters in this way shows a total lack of respect to their clients.

Just a final T I have paid the club many tens of thousands over the years, sponsorship, tickets etc etc. I don''t think they have ever subsidised me. I continue to support this club now out of loyalty alone. The sooner this divisive set leaves the happier, I for one will be.

Before any of our American friends leap to the long range defence, I am well aware that there is not a long line of people waiting to invest. I am also aware that that line is a few less because of the attitude of the present encumbants.

[/quote]

Just a small point: I have always supported my club (s) "out of loyalty alone", not a Board, not the Directors, not the Manager, nor the players.

What other reason is there for supporting a club other than "out of loyalty alone."  You want results already?[:|]

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="The Butler"]

With the money from player sales, prem and parachute payments, plus crowds in excess of 20,000 for every home game, there should be no reason, if the club is managed properly, for anyone to be subsidised.

You quote general, average figures,as your bible. Our location,crowds,support, corporate sponsorship, puts our income way above the average for most Championship clubs, never mind the first division.

If this board cannot manage that income properly,is that the fault of the fans. If they set prices too low, if they make rash promises,is that the fault of the fans?

The board would have been better advised to repay ALL the promised rebates and then asked for donations via shares, to be equalled by board input, for player purchases. That is something most fans could have understood and perhaps would have caused less split within the fan base and would have allowed those better off at present to have done something.

Targetting the loyal supporters in this way shows a total lack of respect to their clients.

Just a final T I have paid the club many tens of thousands over the years, sponsorship, tickets etc etc. I don''t think they have ever subsidised me. I continue to support this club now out of loyalty alone. The sooner this divisive set leaves the happier, I for one will be.

Before any of our American friends leap to the long range defence, I am well aware that there is not a long line of people waiting to invest. I am also aware that that line is a few less because of the attitude of the present encumbants.

[/quote]

Just a small point: I have always supported my club (s) "out of loyalty alone", not a Board, not the Directors, not the Manager, nor the players.

What other reason is there for supporting a club other than "out of loyalty alone."  You want results already?[:|]

[/quote]

Results I got by the plenty oi but are they are the wrong sort!

Never mind yellows does kosher baggles[:D]

Muzzletoff to both of us for next season on that basis.[;)]  Deja vu for me.  I first saw the Canaries in this division and here we are all those years on and ermmm.......

Will be a very good league next season I think.  Cheer up.

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote] Well, that makes two of us. Didn''t stop Mr Tilson throwing his baseless paranoia around. A very worrying leadership trait.[/quote]

Guess we have something in common then [:)]

As for Mr Tilson I''d be surprised if he''s managed to work out how to register on Facebook or any other site, he can''t even figure out how to change his font from itallics and has only just discovered that cookies aren''t biscuits so isn''t too tecnically gifted ( so Kathy tells me) [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

As for Mr Tilson I''d be surprised if he''s managed to work out how to register on Facebook or any other site, he can''t even figure out how to change his font from itallics and has only just discovered that cookies aren''t biscuits so isn''t too tecnically gifted ( so Kathy tells me) [:)]

[/quote]FFS don''t tell him that!! Now we''ll get a thirty page american-tinged tirade on how Mr Tilsons lack of technical knowledge is harming the club......

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote] Well, that makes two of us. Didn''t stop Mr Tilson throwing his baseless paranoia around. A very worrying leadership trait.[/quote]

[/quote]

Bit like Delia then?[;)]

Bless.  Perhaps they have more in common than they think?[:|]

[quote user="astrodyne"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

FFS don''t tell him that!! Now we''ll get a thirty page american-tinged tirade on how Mr Tilsons lack of technical knowledge is harming the club......
[/quote]

That made me smile [:D]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

I wish I could say I was shocked!

Looks okay this end in downtown Colchester.[:D] Divided supporters, crap Manager apparently, fans on his back.

Keep it going.[;)]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="T"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

What 100% pure and unadulterated tripe you type...http://www.ideasinfood.com/photos/tripe/tripe.html 

Had enough targeting the NCISA? So, now it''s time to change tack and aim to discredit the rebate snafflin'' supporter, eh?....

I don''t give a monkey''s bum what you think....As you''re entitled to it....(The monkey''s bum - that is).

[/quote]

I do understand that it is easier for you to be in denial of reality but that does not change reality

[/quote]

[/quote]

I honestly think that you are in denial of reality - your views are contradicted by all the accepted views of experts but because these views contradict your long held emotional believes you are unable to accept or even acknowledge this financial reality.

[/quote]

Deloittes who are the acknowledged financial experts on football found that football clubs including premiership clubs with the notable exceptions of ManU, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs are dependent on either selling players or are subsidised by wealthy benefactors to make ends meets. Peter Cullum, who no doubt did some research, before expressing an interest has also stated similar views as has the chairman of the football league. Numerous clubs have gone into administration and many more are not meeting their tax obligations. The directors of the clubs have put millions into the club without any return. I also know for a fact that potential investors were only interested in a high profile club because of the property not the football. I can only think that the only reason that people can''t accept the generally accepted views of experts  is that it conflicts with their own emotional believes and therefore they deny the financial reality. 

[quote user="T"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="T"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I honestly think that you are in denial of reality - your views are contradicted by all the accepted views of experts but because these views contradict your long held emotional believes you are unable to accept or even acknowledge this financial reality.

[/quote]

You weren''t on ''Mastermind'' the other night, where you? 

Denial of reality concerning finances? I cut my cloth accordingly, and for me, it''s all about personal priorities - and if I can''t afford something, I''m just not meant to have it.

Or, if it''s a real necessity, I sacrifice something less important - so as to be able to afford it.

Nothing wrong with my finances -Thank you very much. That''s why the club isn''t getting my rebate...not now, not ever.

See where those big City financial ''experts'' have ''gotten us''.......It''s all about avarice.....

Financial reality?.....How many millions were thrown into the NCFC ''Black Hole'' even before the credit crunch appeared?.....

Call yourself a financial guru? Come back and be serious when you can spell.

...and if you are as I suspect, connected to the club in some aspect, I''m really not surprised that the finances are an overflowing crock of $hi£....

Badger, sorry for the delay in getting back to you, all this posting is turning into a full time job!!

Yes, NCISA have worked hard over the past few years to support the club by raising funds.

However, NCISA have been contacted by a large number of members and other supporters who have asked the organisation to make clear their views, this intention then became the public meeting. The majority of views expressed there were that fans wanted to claim their rebates, thus the recent press releases.

I am not sure how many fans will be influenced by the NCISA stance, likewise Mr Foulger''s letter. I would like to think most of us can make up our own minds - whichever way we decide.

There were recommendations made at the meeting about other ways to help the club, as detailed in previous threads regarding the meeting, the Supporters'' Trust were present at the meeting that night for example.

There are a great many issues concerning, and dividing support at present, NCISA and its members are only a section of the support, and having held the meeting, the NCISA committee have discussed and voted on the statements following such events, and with a vote of 75% of those present at that meeting voting to claim their rebate, the press release was worded accordingly.

Personally I think many supporters will not claim their rebate, but hope the club has changed its ways or simply wish that Mr Fougler and the majority shareholders have the best of intentions etc, etc.

The rest of us who do claim will have differing opinions on why we are doing it. From the feedback NCISA has gathered so far, it''s a chance to make the club sit up and listen. To make a point.

Those who are claiming their rebate have already contributed money, many over years of support. As stated previously they already have the money (paid in March) and only 20% maximum is going back. A few fans I know have cancelled their STs, and that again is their choice.

The club is in a perilous position, yes. With three people on board, soaring debt, a reduced income (not just from ST holders claiming money back) they need support. And they will get it as they always do.

Sometimes though Badger things get to a point where you have to stand up and say this is wrong. You have to change tack and change your ways. The strength of feeling at St Andrew''s Hall was obvious, and to this end NCISA have decided to recommend that supporters claim their rebate.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="T"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="T"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Denial of reality concerning finances? I cut my cloth accordingly, and for me, it''s all about personal priorities - and if I can''t afford something, I''m just not meant to have it.

Or, if it''s a real necessity, I sacrifice something less important - so as to be able to afford it.

Nothing wrong with my finances -Thank you very much. That''s why the club isn''t getting my rebate...not now, not ever.

See where those big City financial ''experts'' have ''gotten us''.......It''s all about avarice.....

Financial reality?.....How many millions were thrown into the NCFC ''Black Hole'' even before the credit crunch appeared?.....

...and if you are as I suspect, connected to the club in some aspect, I''m really not surprised that the finances are an overflowing crock of $hi£....

[/quote]

I''ve no reason to question that you can''t manage your personal finances in fact I would be surprised if what you say on that matter is not true.

Neither Deloittes or Cullum were behind the financial  crisis - I agree the fundamental problem was avarice but that was the banks so that is no grounds to question the financial expertise of those whose views I quote.

Yes millions are thown into the black hole of football finance - but as Cullum says it is only managers and players who make money out of football.

And yes my typing is awful and sometimes my spelling is as bad as your understanding of finance. I really can''t be bothered to proof what I post on here so that has nothing to do with the views on finance. I''ll let you stick to the words and perhaps you should comment on financial matters when you have acquainted yourself with some basic investment business finance, the views of Deloittes; Peter Cullum and the chairman of the football league.

[quote user="T"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="T"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="T"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ve no reason to question that you can''t manage your personal finances in fact I would be surprised if what you say on that matter is not true.

Neither Deloittes or Cullum were behind the financial  crisis - I agree the fundamental problem was avarice but that was the banks so that is no grounds to question the financial expertise of those whose views I quote.

Yes millions are thown into the black hole of football finance - but as Cullum says it is only managers and players who make money out of football.

And yes my typing is awful and sometimes my spelling is as bad as your understanding of finance. I really can''t be bothered to proof what I post on here so that has nothing to do with the views on finance. I''ll let you stick to the words and perhaps you should comment on financial matters when you have acquainted yourself with some basic investment business finance, the views of Deloittes; Peter Cullum and the chairman of the football league.

[/quote]

[:|]

As in I''ve already got my preconcieved views of the world which I''m comfortable with and I''d rather remain ignorant than educate myself with  reality.

[quote user="T"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Deloittes who are the acknowledged financial experts on football found that football clubs including premiership clubs with the notable exceptions of ManU, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs are dependent on either selling players or are subsidised by wealthy benefactors to make ends meets. Peter Cullum, who no doubt did some research, before expressing an interest has also stated similar views as has the chairman of the football league. Numerous clubs have gone into administration and many more are not meeting their tax obligations. The directors of the clubs have put millions into the club without any return. I also know for a fact that potential investors were only interested in a high profile club because of the property not the football. I can only think that the only reason that people can''t accept the generally accepted views of experts  is that it conflicts with their own emotional believes and therefore they deny the financial reality. 

[/quote]

So by selling players "on" clubs balance the books and show a profit.(break even)

Is this not what City have always done?

Only the profit has been wasted over the years by inept management.

To have a product to sell you need to buy in the first place. This club has downgraded it''s player assets to a state were we have little left to sell and nobody of any true value to try and sell. (as we have had in the past).

How much of Director input has been used to finance projects that bear no resemblence to football?

IT training classes are a classic example. Land speculation with no knowledge on the board to deal with it. The list can go on.......

It is not the Duo that are subsidising the club but the fans subsidising their broken toy!