Sign in to follow this  
Rastaman

WE WANT GUNN OUT! WE WANT GUNN OUT!

[quote user="ricardo"]

Swapping managers in mid stream has hardly done us much good in recent history.

[/quote]

But this is close season,  Brand new league should have meant a brand new start. 

If you want the cheap option why not go with crook or butterworth (although they hardly tighetend the defence, created more goals or shown of pitch or pitchside tactical awareness so far,  and thats before we get to Killen)  So far the only decent  thing of this new regime was Cody, who was identified by Dixie,  and look at his managerial record!

So,  now we use the cash saved in getting a decent manager in to buy decent players?  Whats the point of buying a Ferrari if you dont have a drivers license,  and in the 4 month trial before getting a licence you crashed the car???

Unbeleivably shocking decision.

Yes I will lump it and get behind the team come september, but this is the worst decision the owners could have made and the manager has to improve beyond belief to win me around. 

I am angry shocked and v v v depressed.

Oh for F**k sake, do they not learn anything... I can''t believe he''s been appointed. We''re just going round in circles over and over again.

What an utter, diabolical shambles this club has become.I''m absolutely speechless. Childish posts and derogatory comments aside, Bryan Gunn is a "manager" who, fair play to him, inherited a misfit squad assembled by Roeder, and probably wasn''t to blame for our relegation... But he was certainly to blame for the way we went down in a blaze of pathetic no-shows and a final day embarrassment against one of the worst Championship side in years.It''s just a shambolic mess. There''s no other way to describe it. Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones are totally out of their depth and out of ideas and are making the same mistake for the FIFTH TIME. We can''t even blame Doncaster or Mumbles anymore - it has to be the Smith''s - and the realisation of their decision making is now officially frightening.How anyone can say let''s just get behind the manager and live with it is beyond me. We just can''t keep doing that everytime the board gets this massive decision so catastrophically wrong - back in the 90''s people said it would take ten years for us to recover and see top flight football at Carrow Road again - well now we''re looking at a timeframe that could be beyond people''s lifetimes. And that''s not good enough.

[quote user="Beds Canary"]What an utter, diabolical shambles this club has become.I''m absolutely speechless. Childish posts and derogatory comments aside, Bryan Gunn is a "manager" who, fair play to him, inherited a misfit squad assembled by Roeder, and probably wasn''t to blame for our relegation... But he was certainly to blame for the way we went down in a blaze of pathetic no-shows and a final day embarrassment against one of the worst Championship side in years.It''s just a shambolic mess. There''s no other way to describe it. Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones are totally out of their depth and out of ideas and are making the same mistake for the FIFTH TIME. We can''t even blame Doncaster or Mumbles anymore - it has to be the Smith''s - and the realisation of their decision making is now officially frightening.How anyone can say let''s just get behind the manager and live with it is beyond me. We just can''t keep doing that everytime the board gets this massive decision so catastrophically wrong - back in the 90''s people said it would take ten years for us to recover and see top flight football at Carrow Road again - well now we''re looking at a timeframe that could be beyond people''s lifetimes. And that''s not good enough.[/quote]

Can you propose a way out, Gunn is in now...wtf can we do,as a city fan you have little options! however delia foulger  and jones are going to know how i feel!  bin the lot of them!

[quote user="Beds Canary"]What an utter, diabolical shambles this club has become.

I''m absolutely speechless.

Childish posts and derogatory comments aside, Bryan Gunn is a "manager" who, fair play to him, inherited a misfit squad assembled by Roeder, and probably wasn''t to blame for our relegation... But he was certainly to blame for the way we went down in a blaze of pathetic no-shows and a final day embarrassment against one of the worst Championship side in years.

It''s just a shambolic mess. There''s no other way to describe it. Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones are totally out of their depth and out of ideas and are making the same mistake for the FIFTH TIME. We can''t even blame Doncaster or Mumbles anymore - it has to be the Smith''s - and the realisation of their decision making is now officially frightening.

How anyone can say let''s just get behind the manager and live with it is beyond me. We just can''t keep doing that everytime the board gets this massive decision so catastrophically wrong - back in the 90''s people said it would take ten years for us to recover and see top flight football at Carrow Road again - well now we''re looking at a timeframe that could be beyond people''s lifetimes. And that''s not good enough.
[/quote]

Good post.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Beds Canary"]What an utter, diabolical shambles this club has become.I''m absolutely speechless. Childish posts and derogatory comments aside, Bryan Gunn is a "manager" who, fair play to him, inherited a misfit squad assembled by Roeder, and probably wasn''t to blame for our relegation... But he was certainly to blame for the way we went down in a blaze of pathetic no-shows and a final day embarrassment against one of the worst Championship side in years.It''s just a shambolic mess. There''s no other way to describe it. Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones are totally out of their depth and out of ideas and are making the same mistake for the FIFTH TIME. We can''t even blame Doncaster or Mumbles anymore - it has to be the Smith''s - and the realisation of their decision making is now officially frightening.How anyone can say let''s just get behind the manager and live with it is beyond me. We just can''t keep doing that everytime the board gets this massive decision so catastrophically wrong - back in the 90''s people said it would take ten years for us to recover and see top flight football at Carrow Road again - well now we''re looking at a timeframe that could be beyond people''s lifetimes. And that''s not good enough.[/quote]

Can you propose a way out, Gunn is in now...wtf can we do,as a city fan you have little options! however delia foulger  and jones are going to know how i feel!  bin the lot of them![/quote]Well I''ll be writing them an angry letter and I can only hope that other people do too. With a manager like Jim Gannon sat at home with his feet up, not attached to any club, at the precise time we need to rebuild for one of the biggest and most important seasons in our club''s history, for us to appoint Bryan Gunn is a totally unacceptable decision.

[quote user="Beds Canary"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Beds Canary"]What an utter, diabolical shambles this club has become.I''m absolutely speechless. Childish posts and derogatory comments aside, Bryan Gunn is a "manager" who, fair play to him, inherited a misfit squad assembled by Roeder, and probably wasn''t to blame for our relegation... But he was certainly to blame for the way we went down in a blaze of pathetic no-shows and a final day embarrassment against one of the worst Championship side in years.It''s just a shambolic mess. There''s no other way to describe it. Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones are totally out of their depth and out of ideas and are making the same mistake for the FIFTH TIME. We can''t even blame Doncaster or Mumbles anymore - it has to be the Smith''s - and the realisation of their decision making is now officially frightening.How anyone can say let''s just get behind the manager and live with it is beyond me. We just can''t keep doing that everytime the board gets this massive decision so catastrophically wrong - back in the 90''s people said it would take ten years for us to recover and see top flight football at Carrow Road again - well now we''re looking at a timeframe that could be beyond people''s lifetimes. And that''s not good enough.[/quote]

Can you propose a way out, Gunn is in now...wtf can we do,as a city fan you have little options! however delia foulger  and jones are going to know how i feel!  bin the lot of them![/quote]Well I''ll be writing them an angry letter and I can only hope that other people do too. With a manager like Jim Gannon sat at home with his feet up, not attached to any club, at the precise time we need to rebuild for one of the biggest and most important seasons in our club''s history, for us to appoint Bryan Gunn is a totally unacceptable decision.[/quote]

good post agreed! easy option as always

What a waste of bandwith this forum is.

Your minority and extremist views are all laughable.

NCFC have no money - i''ll say it again - NCFC have no money - sunk in yet?

We are in div 1 now with 5 million less income tha last season - The owners have no choice but to do things on the cheap.

I think its not thaat bad a decision. Spend what money you have on players - our own players - rather than an expensive manager.

As for all thos giving Gunn a hard time over last season - 19 games running an inheritit crap team is not enough for anybody - we should have kept roeder and we would have not gone down.

One last point - YOU CANNOT SACK THE OWNERS OR FORCE THEM OUT - just as i could not sack  you as landlord and owner of your own home and force you out. The cook is doing her best with her limited weath so shut up and get behind the club and you never kow - some night in shining armour ay just come long. 1800 season ticket holders are not wrong!!!!!!

I''m not usually one to engage in this kind of thing. You''re entitled to your opinion, I''m entitled to mine - but the level of stupidity floating around is now getting beyond a joke."Your minority and extremist views are all laughable." - Wether they''re the views of a ''minority'' or not is up for debate - no doubt we''ll find out more at tomorrow''s fans meeting. But to call the views ''laughable'' is ill-thought when people are just stating, what a lot of us can see as "the obvious". Bryan Gunn got the team relegated with a win ratio worse even than Bryan Hamilton''s and a spectacular run of 5 defeats in the final 6 games. With him being out of contract and with no extra cost to the club to replace him, it''s not entirely unreasonable for many fans to want the board to instead opt for someone with experience of managing a League One club. I''d hardly call that opinion ''laughable''."NCFC have no money - i''ll say it again - NCFC have no money - sunk in yet?" - I''m very aware of this. And the main contributing factor to the club having no money is because of poor managerial appointments. One more will give us just about enough reason to entering administration."Spend what money you have on players - our own players - rather than an expensive manager." - That''s your opinion and I respect that. But I''d much rather we had a quality manager in who can come in and provide us with consistant motivation, tempo, work-rate, player-confidence and solid tactics. You won''t get that from Bryan Gunn."One last point - YOU CANNOT SACK THE OWNERS OR FORCE THEM OUT" - If just half of our 25,000 fans turned out to protest each and every week the board''s stay would become short lived. It happened once before, about 12 years ago.

I think as many of us as possible need to go to St Andrews Hall tomorrow night and show our discontent!!

[quote user="Rastaman"]I think as many of us as possible need to go to St Andrews Hall tomorrow night and show our discontent!![/quote]

Yes go for it - and as per these forums the majority at the meeting will be those with extrmist views - complete waste of time!

In all fairness do any of you have a clue about Football???

First point Roedor the rat and Peter Grant have got us in this mess + bad decisions from the board.

Gunn turned us around when the last few games of reodors ruins we looked as good as releagted.

I don''t beleive any other manager would of kept us safe,

We have a shocking group of players with only 2 stand out players in lee croft and clingan and they are not world beaters.

Lets give gunn and go and see what he can do.

If he brings in another few Cody McDonalds fair play and good luck to the man.

Lets get behind him

[quote user="21 year old city fan"]

In all fairness do any of you have a clue about Football???

First point Roedor the rat and Peter Grant have got us in this mess + bad decisions from the board.

Gunn turned us around when the last few games of reodors ruins we looked as good as releagted.

I don''t beleive any other manager would of kept us safe,

We have a shocking group of players with only 2 stand out players in lee croft and clingan and they are not world beaters.

Lets give gunn and go and see what he can do.

If he brings in another few Cody McDonalds fair play and good luck to the man.

Lets get behind him

[/quote]

im sure we will all get behind him, but he was scout for roeder bringing in the crap we have!!! hey ho!

Fair point,

The reason we had so many loans was down to roedor the rat and he fcuked us up. In all fairness to Gunn he was working on a next to nothing budget and reporting to a complete tosser in Glenn Roedor he thought he was to big for Norwich City.

All I am saying is lets just give him a real go at it.

I mean who thought Roedor would turn out to be one of the worst Norwich managers ever??

At least Gunny knows what its like to play for Norwich City Fooball Club and most of all want to play for Norwich City Football Club,

Give the youngsters a go.

You gotta also remember 2 years ago Gunn was selling corporate Golf Days for the club and Matchday Sponsorship now he is manager!! Joke!!

I think I might apply as a cleaner for the club! In 5 years they will make me Manager :)

[quote user="21 year old city fan"]

in all fairness did gunn have any other option other than to bring in loan players?

[/quote]

He could have brought in some good ones though!!! Killen and Carney useless and Mooney a Striker who couldn''t shoot off the floor to save his life!

GUNN OUT / ASSISTANTS OUT .... THEY HAD NO CLUE!!!!

DELIA OUT

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Get over it guys, Gunn didn''t get us relegated, he inherited the team from Roader, the signings he''s made since in the managers position have been good and I hope it will continue. Certainly all the statements he''s come out with, on how the club should be run, I''ve agreed with.[/quote]

Kn*b!!

[quote user="Disturbed"]

We are in div 1 now with 5 million less income tha last season - The owners have no choice but to do things on the cheap.

I think its not thaat bad a decision. Spend what money you have on players - our own players - rather than an expensive manager.

As for all thos giving Gunn a hard time over last season - 19 games running an inheritit crap team is not enough for anybody - we should have kept roeder and we would have not gone down.

One last point - YOU CANNOT SACK THE OWNERS OR FORCE THEM OUT - just as i could not sack  you as landlord and owner of your own home and force you out. The cook is doing her best with her limited weath so shut up and get behind the club and you never kow - some night in shining armour ay just come long. 1800 season ticket holders are not wrong!!!!!!

[/quote]What difference will it make? Gannon wont be on much more than Gunn is. The difference is minimal for what we get in return. Tactically Gunn proved clueless last season! I''d rather have an organised average team than a dis-organised average team next season. Having Gunn at the helm isn''t going to save us much money, we''re still going to be signing journeymen and freebies. At least Gannon has proven he can at least get players pulling the same way, and 11 players pulling the same way at least gives us a chance!Let me ask you this. What''s the one asset with Gunn? His love of the club. He can play the "nice guy" card, and then he can play the "bad angry upset you hurt me card" but what then? Gannon has tactical ability and a knowledge of League One.The board are advertising Deehan as our saviour right now. "He knows League One"... well I bloody know League One too... it''s got Yeovil in it, they play at Huish Park.Sorry... this is a terrible day. If Gunn doesn''t start well, dear god I wouldn''t want to be around Carrow Road for THAT backlash because let me tell you. Gunn has 2 to 3 games here. Get those wrong, the sh*t WILL be hitting the fan in a BIG way.

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Get over it guys, Gunn didn''t get us relegated.[/quote]

PHEW! Thank god for that, I had this horrible dream that we were relegated to League One and that Bryan Gunn was going to be re-appointed as manager.

[quote user="Michael Starr"][quote user="Disturbed"]

[/quote]What difference will it make? Gannon wont be on much more than Gunn is. The difference is minimal for what we get in return. Tactically Gunn proved clueless last season! I''d rather have an organised average team than a dis-organised average team next season. Having Gunn at the helm isn''t going to save us much money, we''re still going to be signing journeymen and freebies. At least Gannon has proven he can at least get players pulling the same way, and 11 players pulling the same way at least gives us a chance!Let me ask you this. What''s the one asset with Gunn? His love of the club. He can play the "nice guy" card, and then he can play the "bad angry upset you hurt me card" but what then? Gannon has tactical ability and a knowledge of League One.The board are advertising Deehan as our saviour right now. "He knows League One"... well I bloody know League One too... it''s got Yeovil in it, they play at Huish Park.Sorry... this is a terrible day. If Gunn doesn''t start well, dear god I wouldn''t want to be around Carrow Road for THAT backlash because let me tell you. Gunn has 2 to 3 games here. Get those wrong, the sh*t WILL be hitting the fan in a BIG way.[/quote]

well said!

All pretty pointless getting angry about it. If we had new money coming in we could have a brand new start but thats not the case. I would also like to be starting from somewhere other than here but the reality is we have no money and very limited prospects.

Its like it or lump it time and I have no gripe with those who want to lump it. I shall be there next season like Mr Micawber (hoping for something to turn up). Its gonna be a long hard struggle new manager or not, new owner or not, new money or not.

Hope is all we have left.

[quote user="Michael Starr"][quote user="Disturbed"]

[/quote]

What difference will it make? Gannon wont be on much more than Gunn is. The difference is minimal for what we get in return. Tactically Gunn proved clueless last season! I''d rather have an organised average team than a dis-organised average team next season. Having Gunn at the helm isn''t going to save us much money, we''re still going to be signing journeymen and freebies. At least Gannon has proven he can at least get players pulling the same way, and 11 players pulling the same way at least gives us a chance!

Let me ask you this. What''s the one asset with Gunn? His love of the club. He can play the "nice guy" card, and then he can play the "bad angry upset you hurt me card" but what then? Gannon has tactical ability and a knowledge of League One.

The board are advertising Deehan as our saviour right now. "He knows League One"... well I bloody know League One too... it''s got Yeovil in it, they play at Huish Park.

Sorry... this is a terrible day. If Gunn doesn''t start well, dear god I wouldn''t want to be around Carrow Road for THAT backlash because let me tell you. Gunn has 2 to 3 games here. Get those wrong, the sh*t WILL be hitting the fan in a BIG way.
[/quote]

Gannon is very unlikely to have come to you.  He is now part of an Irish consortium trying to put together a bid for Stockport and at an English Schools cup final on their ground on Monday night told supporters: "I hope to be back in a fortnight or so."

[quote user="Rastaman"]

You gotta also remember 2 years ago Gunn was selling corporate Golf Days for the club and Matchday Sponsorship now he is manager!! Joke!!

I think I might apply as a cleaner for the club! In 5 years they will make me Manager :)

[/quote]

And remember Jos''e Mourinho was an interpreter for Bobby Robson !

[quote user="Beds Canary"]I''m not usually one to engage in this kind of thing. You''re entitled to your opinion, I''m entitled to mine - but the level of stupidity floating around is now getting beyond a joke.

"Your minority and extremist views are all laughable." - Wether they''re the views of a ''minority'' or not is up for debate - no doubt we''ll find out more at tomorrow''s fans meeting. But to call the views ''laughable'' is ill-thought when people are just stating, what a lot of us can see as "the obvious". Bryan Gunn got the team relegated with a win ratio worse even than Bryan Hamilton''s and a spectacular run of 5 defeats in the final 6 games. With him being out of contract and with no extra cost to the club to replace him, it''s not entirely unreasonable for many fans to want the board to instead opt for someone with experience of managing a League One club. I''d hardly call that opinion ''laughable''.

"NCFC have no money - i''ll say it again - NCFC have no money - sunk in yet?" - I''m very aware of this. And the main contributing factor to the club having no money is because of poor managerial appointments. One more will give us just about enough reason to entering administration.

"Spend what money you have on players - our own players - rather than an expensive manager." - That''s your opinion and I respect that. But I''d much rather we had a quality manager in who can come in and provide us with consistant motivation, tempo, work-rate, player-confidence and solid tactics. You won''t get that from Bryan Gunn.

"One last point - YOU CANNOT SACK THE OWNERS OR FORCE THEM OUT" - If just half of our 25,000 fans turned out to protest each and every week the board''s stay would become short lived. It happened once before, about 12 years ago.

[/quote]

What, when Geoffrey Watling bought Chase''s shares??

so.. lets have a laugh then.. who did every body want instead of gunn?

*waits for the first mention of Souness or Keegan*

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

so.. lets have a laugh then.. who did every body want instead of gunn?

*waits for the first mention of Souness or Keegan*

jas :)

[/quote]

Gannon, and i think Boothroyd would of well been within our grasp.

.... I also secretly wanted Dublin as manager[:$]