Sign in to follow this  
Rastaman

WE WANT GUNN OUT! WE WANT GUNN OUT!

[quote user="Michael Starr"][quote user="Coelho"]There''s one very good reason I don''t want Gunn out:I think the most important think is to seek assurances that whoever the new board members are, at least one of them has tangible prior experience of running a football club, and also that any new board members must be able to invest a significant seven-figure sum to negate the losses in revenue and hasten our return to the Championship. Rounding on Gunny is completely the wrong call at this moment in time – all he''s done is his best (which wasn''t good enough) with largely a squad he inherited himself. The people who appointed three successive managerial calamities are the people we need to be questioning.[/quote]Thing is, it''s now clear to me that whoever comes in at board level will have limited say. "Hi welcome to the club, oh by the way we''ve already appointed the backroom staff for next season, and here''s the budget... and this is how we''re going to save money... your job is to... say the right things at the right time". New Board members my arse... 2 new nodding dog heads more like.[/quote]Yeah, you''re probably right. Have a look at my post in the ''For those not able to attend St Andrew''s Hall'' thread for my full views on what needs to change at the club – it''s got to be from the top down, not firing the monkeys to protect the organ grinders.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Coelho"]There''s one very good reason I don''t want Gunn out:If Gunn goes now, who gets to appoint his successor?Delia + Michael = MANAGER APPOINTMENT FAIL. The change must be systemic and start right at the top.[/quote]

Spot on. This a time for clear heads in order to put together a supporter''s response that can''t simply be dismissed as the work of an angry mob. The club needs to be restructured from the top down, but to have a part in that we have to come up with something constructive tonight. Given the club''s disarray this could be the best chance for fans to make things happen, but we won''t do it by lighting the torches and getting out the pitchforks. That simply plays into the hands of the media and the board.

[/quote]I think the most important THING* is to seek assurances that whoever the new board members are, at least one of them has tangible prior experience of running a football club, and also that any new board members must be able to invest a significant seven-figure sum to negate the losses in revenue and hasten our return to the Championship. Rounding on Gunny is completely the wrong call at this moment in time – all he''s done is his best (which wasn''t good enough) with largely a squad he inherited himself. The people who appointed three successive managerial calamities are the people we need to be questioning.[/quote]Damn typos.[/quote]

Totally agree. The problem is that everyone''s at fever pitch so anything and anyone is a legitimate target. At the end of the day, I don''t think Gunn should have got the job, but the fact is that he didn''t appoint himself. Those blaming him for wanting the chance to put things right neither understand human nature, nor give credit where it''s due. He''s City through and through.

I agree with your point about the board,but I also feel that we should be pushing for some sort of supporter input or liason with the board. The whole "keep them in the dark and feed them bullshit " approach has backfired badly.

[/quote]Well said  Mr Beauseant

[quote user="Rastaman"]I''m sure he is the only manager in the world who would have played Shackell at Left Back!!! I think he played him there so he can show off his overlaps and crossing ability!! He will sign him up and play him in goal next season[/quote]So who would you have played there instead bearing in mind Lappin and Drury were injured?He had no choice as far as I can tell...it was either that or play 3 at the back...meaning you''d have had Otsemebor as centre back...potentially at least as disastrous.Prior to that fatefull game, Shackell had played left back for us twice before that to the best of my knowledge. First time he played out of his skin, second time he had a mare.If you''re going to have a go at Gunn at least pick a legitimate point.

[quote user="Rastaman"]bump :)[/quote]It''s all very well bumping, but you''ve completely ignored the point I made above.Who would you have played at left back?Or are you just another of the "wahhhh, wahhhh, we''re rubbish, its not fair, I''m going to tantrum like a 4 year old" brigade?

Lappin wasnt injured he was playing in midfield , any proper manager would have had him at left back and kept the centre backs together .

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Rastaman"]bump :)[/quote]

It''s all very well bumping, but you''ve completely ignored the point I made above.

Who would you have played at left back?

Or are you just another of the "wahhhh, wahhhh, we''re rubbish, its not fair, I''m going to tantrum like a 4 year old" brigade?
[/quote]

Lappin left back, Gow on the left you div!! Or do you think Shackell played well at left ??