Sign in to follow this  
Beaker

Doherty back to his best i see..

[quote user="Armitage Shanks"]Here we go the doc bashers are back ,you sad tw*ts[/quote]Yep. Agreed.

For gods sake, he''s been one of our best players this season, leave him alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="cityangel"]For gods sake, he''s been one of our best players this season, leave him alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]Exactly CA. I agree with those who agree it was a penalty and Doc was poor in that instance. One mistake in this game does not mean he has been crap all season. In fact he''s been much the opposite, even if its not much to gloat about...

If knowing that everytime the Doc goes up for a header or tries to tackle he fouls his opponent makes me a sad tw*t, then proud to say that I''m a sad tw*t and always have been! So is Neil Adams in that case!

We now have 3 players in the spine of our team who can be relied upon to be either a) sent off - Russell and Lee or b) conceed a needless penalty - Doherty.

Never mind the points Cureton got for Barnsley, what about the points that mistakes or brashness from these guys have/will cost us?

I would love these guys to do well and am not a player hater. They are the best we have but that doesn''t make them imune from criticism.

[quote user="kilroyslefteyebrow"]

If knowing that everytime the Doc goes up for a header or tries to tackle he fouls his opponent makes me a sad tw*t, then proud to say that I''m a sad tw*t and always have been! [/quote]

me 2

Gary Doherty is a clown and those who think he is a good defender are quite simply stupid.He is supposed to be our captain but shows no leadership on the field. Watch him closely and he hardly opens his mouth all game in communicating with his other defenders. Lots of pointing, no words.He is constantly out of position which is why he is always having to make last ditch tackles, some to good effect earning him plaudits and some giving away pointless fouls and penalties.He rarely clears his lines. He wins a lot of headers which is great but most of these simply put us back under pressure. Watch him, you''ll see.Those who praise him say he gives his all, bleeds yellow and green which is good to see but I can do that. He does have a decent turn of pace too for all his detractors.He is our most expensive signing in the squad (I believe) and ever since he was signed our defence has been awful. He destabilises our defence as is so error prone and does not instill confidence in anyone, especially me.To top it all he was once an international striker yet is very ineffective in attack and has missed countless easy opportunities to score this season alone.Those of you who think he is a good player show that you have no ambition and are happy for Norwich to be heading to League1 which is where he may find his level.I await some poor response about Doherty bashing. This is not Doherty bashing, it''s called ambition.

The fact that he is even in the running for Player of the Year,is a testament to how poor this squad really is.

Doherty is not,never has been, and will never be good enough for this level.

If knowing that everytime the Doc goes up for a header or tries to tackle he fouls his opponent makes me a sad tw*t, then proud to say that I''m a sad tw*t and always have been! So is Neil Adams in that case!

We now have 3 players in the spine of our team who can be relied upon to be either a) sent off - Russell and Lee or b) conceed a needless penalty - Doherty.

Never mind the points Cureton got for Barnsley, what about the points that mistakes or brashness from these guys have/will cost us?

I would love these guys to do well and am not a player hater. They are the best we have but that doesn''t make them imune from criticism.

[/quote]Well you said it your a sad tw*t

[quote user="Beaker"]Armitage Shanks you''re full of shit[/quote]Haha, there was an opportunity and you took it.  Unlike our strikers this season.

[quote user="Beaker"]Armitage Shanks you''re full of shit[/quote]Very good but i don''t think you were intelligent enough to think of that one by yourself .

Doc this season has been our most reliable defensive player. He is one of the few who has stood up to the challenges that this team has faced.

I''ve been one of his biggest critics since he arrived here, but are not in this position because of him. Infact without him, we''d probably already be down...

[quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

Doc this season has been our most reliable defensive player. He is one of the few who has stood up to the challenges that this team has faced.

but are not in this position because of him. Infact without him, we''d probably already be down...

[/quote]Exactly, anyone that can not see how much this guy has improved this season is a complete Northener.  There is probably two people that put in 120% every game in the whole squad Doherty and... well maybe theres just one.  His fitness has improved vastly, his intelligence on the pitch has and he has got a couple of dogey refereeing decisions.I bet if your beloved Croft or whomever it is you ''haters'' have your head up their ars* this week you wouldnt dare say a bad word about them.  I hope he wins Player of the Year.  Clinghan has class, Doherty has to work so hard turtle heads poke out the... well he works hard and his improvements show his passion. Also The Doc is quite possibly the sexiest man i have ever seen.

[quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"]Gary Doherty is a clown and those who think he is a good defender are quite simply stupid.

He is supposed to be our captain but shows no leadership on the field. Watch him closely and he hardly opens his mouth all game in communicating with his other defenders. Lots of pointing, no words.

He is constantly out of position which is why he is always having to make last ditch tackles, some to good effect earning him plaudits and some giving away pointless fouls and penalties.

He rarely clears his lines. He wins a lot of headers which is great but most of these simply put us back under pressure. Watch him, you''ll see.

Those who praise him say he gives his all, bleeds yellow and green which is good to see but I can do that. He does have a decent turn of pace too for all his detractors.

He is our most expensive signing in the squad (I believe) and ever since he was signed our defence has been awful.

He destabilises our defence as is so error prone and does not instill confidence in anyone, especially me.

To top it all he was once an international striker yet is very ineffective in attack and has missed countless easy opportunities to score this season alone.

Those of you who think he is a good player show that you have no ambition and are happy for Norwich to be heading to League1 which is where he may find his level.

I await some poor response about Doherty bashing. This is not Doherty bashing, it''s called ambition.

[/quote]

Yeah, but he''s still one of our best players! Jesus, makes you realise just how pants our team is. Im sad to report that Docs is a natural born loser and always will be.

[quote user="Beaker"]

WHAT A .......

[/quote]

Troll?  [;)]

Would any of you Donkey lovers wish to peruse the goals conceded column? He''s an accident waiting to happen. Our season has been dogged by the fact that the rest of the team have known that they need to score at least two to win. You are going to get nowhere like that.

[quote user="Armitage Shanks"]Here we go the doc bashers are back ,you sad tw*ts
[/quote]

Totally agree!

The Doc has had an outstanding season, great defending and leadership. Without the Doc we''d be a lot nearer to Charlton than what we are!

The blinkered, wide of the mark, wrong opinions of some knobends never cease to amaze me!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[quote user="Armitage Shanks"]Here we go the doc bashers are back ,you sad tw*ts[/quote]

Totally agree!

The Doc has had an outstanding season, great defending and leadership. Without the Doc we''d be a lot nearer to Charlton than what we are!

The blinkered, wide of the mark, wrong opinions of some knobends never cease to amaze me!

[/quote]Well said young man could not have put it better myself.

It''s all so transparent.

Cureton back in the squad next week....gets a brace.....all the same people on here who have been slagging him off all season will be saying how great he is, what a legend, player of the season...yawn.

I am thrilled we kept a clean sheet, I am pleased that the Doc scored. It doesn''t change the fact that he has not ''easily been our best player this season'' unless you base it on appearances only (after Marshall - who you all slagged off until a few weeks ago).

Marshall saves a pen against Ipswich...he is God, always said so....despite criticising him constantly for a few errors earlier on in the season.

Its like Norwich are supported every week by 25000 bi-polar fans who either hate or love individual players from one day to the next.

I do not and never have rate Russell or Doherty. They may have good games from time to time, but you will not find me (like many) changing my mind about them from one week or season to the next.  Lee is winning me round for his effort and passion and the fact that in the pre-match interview he said ''we'' when refering to the club. He will be red-carded against Ipswich btw.

It''s all so transparent.

Cureton back in the squad next week....gets a brace.....all the same people on here who have been slagging him off all season will be saying how great he is, what a legend, player of the season...yawn.

I am thrilled we kept a clean sheet, I am pleased that the Doc scored. It doesn''t change the fact that he has not ''easily been our best player this season'' unless you base it on appearances only (after Marshall - who you all slagged off until a few weeks ago).

Marshall saves a pen against Ipswich...he is God, always said so....despite criticising him constantly for a few errors earlier on in the season.

Its like Norwich are supported every week by 25000 bi-polar fans who either hate or love individual players from one day to the next.

I do not and never have rate Russell or Doherty. They may have good games from time to time, but you will not find me (like many) changing my mind about them from one week or season to the next.  Lee is winning me round for his effort and passion and the fact that in the pre-match interview he said ''we'' when refering to the club. He will be red-carded against Ipswich btw.

[/quote]I''m sorry but surely you must have realised it''s the nature of the beast.  Every football fan is fickle, whether they like it or not.And if Cureton get''s anywhere near the squad next weekend I will eat my hat.