Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

Norwich City second in the Championship Agent Payment League

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Exactly why is it Doncaster''s fault? It''s the manager''s job to choose the players he wants.
[/quote]

I think you make a very good point.  The Manager (so far as I know) says who he wants in, whether permanent or loan.  Basically, people like Mr Doncaster assist with negotiations and sign the paperwork but the choice of player is down to the Manager.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

That''s half of Martin Taylor.[:|]

At least we are second in one league[:D]

[/quote]

Lincoln spent £10,000 [:D]

All of which was to release Patulea out of his non existent contract in Romania.  Agents: dontcha just love ''em.

Half to the agent, half to the Romanian club.

Lincoln asked the FA to investigate but apparently they "don''t have the facilities." [:|]

Delia should be upset.

It''s mainly her money that they''re wasting.

The Chief Executive should have some serious explaining to do in relation to NCFC costs for this activity compared with those of similar (and mainly more successful) clubs, I would have thought.

But then logic has rarely been at the forefront in NCFC affairs over recent years.

Dear oh dear. Oh dear.

OTBC

I still can''t see why it''s the board/Doncaster''s fault as opposed to the manager, other than the fact they appointed the him. Roeder was quite clear that he enjoyed a great deal of independence and the board didn''t interfere with transfers, unlike some other clubs in the press recently.It''s a guess, but I think the reason we''ve spent so much on agent''s fees is largely down to Roeder and his belief that we ought to be using second string Premiership players which we loaned in, rather than looking downwards for "undiscovered" talent. If I was an agent I would concentrate my efforts on the highest paid players, hence most Prem players probably have agents.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]I still can''t see why it''s the board/Doncaster''s fault as opposed to the manager, other than the fact they appointed the him. Roeder was quite clear that he enjoyed a great deal of independence and the board didn''t interfere with transfers, unlike some other clubs in the press recently.

It''s a guess, but I think the reason we''ve spent so much on agent''s fees is largely down to Roeder and his belief that we ought to be using second string Premiership players which we loaned in, rather than looking downwards for "undiscovered" talent. If I was an agent I would concentrate my efforts on the highest paid players, hence most Prem players probably have agents.
[/quote]

You will find that these days virtually every player has an Agent - the PFA advise them to get one.  If you look at the big agencies handling the top Premier League "superstars" you''ll also find that many of them also handle hundreds of other players right down to squad players in League Two.

so you would  give someone a job , and just give them the freedom to blow your money !!

surely if you run a company , you would want to over see your accounts.

anyone with any football knowledge could see some of roeders blunders unfolding .

they have themselves to blame , really poor management skills , and put too much faith in someone with a shocking cv!!!.

if we dont get a striker in who can score goals we will go down .

everyone can see how we have failed up front , bar the obvious.

It isn''t the fact that all players have agents but the fact that there are more deals being transacted .... more and more loans being made by the big clubs, and even the lower Premiership teams, for their own benefit. Check out how many players are on the books of ''the big four'' and how many are loaned out. More deals ...... more agents payments. Truly an agent''s dream.

Rather worringly, we spent around £500,000 over the course of the 05-06 season, which was among the highest in the Division, so its not  a new thing with us.

Interesting article on My Football Writer.It quotes the League chairman as saying:"To most people it will seem sensible that where agents are working on

behalf of players, they get paid by players. And when they work for

clubs they get paid by clubs."So clubs like QPR who had 27 transactions but spent £40K must have had players go to them, whereas perhaps we had to employ the services of agents to go out and find players for us? Don''t we have paid staff for this sort of thing? [*-)]Also it suggests that perhaps we''re just more honest than everyone else, who hide the cost of transactions, which seems a nice idea but probably a little naive.

please dont rip my head off for this ..!!!

i have heard that norwich did struggle to get players who wanted to play under roeder , may not be true but it makes sense considering how he treated players.

seems logical , we paid out massive amount on agents fees for players who arnt much better than we had .

hopefully norwich will learn from this expencive lesson, we were better off bringing in a high profile scout for unearthed gems that could build a future, for themselves and the club.

and then we could build from that the following season ,

instead we are left with no players , hole in the bank account ,and back to basics again , with no players to sell.

we need people in that club who know what they are doing .

i think gunn has been left a big mess , and a big challenge, i rate the man , but my god i dont envy him .

Your head won''t be ripped off by me! I agree with what you are saying. I''m afraid there are people who do not realise the mess the club is in on the player front and what a massive job is in front of Gunny and his team. ....... perhaps people will wake up soon and see the damage the loan system is doing to football.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Interesting article on My Football Writer.

It quotes the League chairman as saying:

"To most people it will seem sensible that where agents are working on behalf of players, they get paid by players. And when they work for clubs they get paid by clubs."

[/quote]

Is he saying that''s what actually happens or that the League thinks it''s what ought to happen?

Assuming it''s the former, we appear to have paid agent/s half a million over a six month period to work for us.  I think we''re entitled to know what this person/s does and why it costs so much.  And who are they?  Name/s please.

And . . . do their wages come out of the player budget?? 

Come on Archant, do your job . . .

This was the only league we were ever going to finish second in this season. It seems a large amount, I guess the "Supposed Premiership stars" we''ve been employing have the best agents, especially if they are supposed to have talent to become big stars in the future.

Agree loan system is a failiure of football, I actually think the problem is made worse by championship clubs being allowed to loan players outside the transfer window, whereas Premiership clubs aren''t. If there was a lower limit of loan players allowed it would mean clubs like ourselves would have to get more of a settled plan in place. I would have rather seen a team made mainly of our own youth team such as Spillane, Martin etc playing in place of other club''s youngsters. Although there may be a danger we would lose lots I would rather see it with our own players- trying their hardest, rather than with other clubs youngsters who don''t seem to care as much.

Lets face it would we be in a lot worse position with a team of our own players -including some from academy as opposed to some of the loan players?

Only loan players who made any sort of difference were Lupoli and Lita and they''ve both gone.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]

I would have rather seen a team made mainly of our own youth team such as Spillane, Martin etc playing in place of other club''s youngsters. Although there may be a danger we would lose lots I would rather see it with our own players- trying their hardest, rather than with other clubs youngsters who don''t seem to care as much.

[/quote]

But yet we''ve seen some of our youngsters over recent seasons, Chris Martin being one of them, get in the first team and not do anything like "trying their hardest".

That''s not to say that all the young players we have loaned in have been good signings but had there been more success with them then nobody would have minded, we just chose badly in some cases.

Ched Evans or Chris Martin?

Surely when loans first came in it was to help some of the smaller, poorer clubs who had mounting injury problems and a lack of players of their own.

Now it is being used by the biggest clubs, and even lower Premiership clubs, to either a) give fringe players the chance to play first team football so that they can put themselves in the shop window so that the parent club CAN MAKE MORE MONEY or b) to give youngsters the chance of playing in a first team so that they can gain experience so that they can attain the standard their parent club wants or so they can be sold and CAN MAKE MORE MONEY or c) off load players they don''t really want so that somebody else will pick up the wage bill until they become free agents so that they CAN MAKE MORE MONEY or d) buy numerous young foreign players, loan them back to the clubs they buy them from just in case they reach their top potential and become world class players and then they CAN MAKE MORE MONEY!

Think of people like Scott Carson and David Bentley to name but two off the top of my head!

It''s an agent''s dream

[quote user="shefcanary"]See my signature[/quote]

could also be

cap players wages - their greed is killing football...