Sign in to follow this  
yellow hammer

REVEALED - The true story of when a billionaire came calling

I have nothing against Amnesty International and am sure they do a great deal of very valuable work. All I am saying is I am a football fan and when it comes to football then, within reason, I don''t really care who owns the club if they are succesful. Perhaps if we were owned by a bit of a b**tard instead of all nicy nicy the whole time we might actually win something.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I have nothing against Amnesty International and am sure they do a great deal of very valuable work. All I am saying is I am a football fan and when it comes to football then, within reason, I don''t really care who owns the club if they are succesful. Perhaps if we were owned by a bit of a b**tard instead of all nicy nicy the whole time we might actually win something.[/quote]Or to put it another way, you''d rather we weren''t actually a football club - but a whore.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I have nothing against Amnesty International and am sure they do a great deal of very valuable work. All I am saying is I am a football fan and when it comes to football then, within reason, I don''t really care who owns the club if they are succesful. Perhaps if we were owned by a bit of a b**tard instead of all nicy nicy the whole time we might actually win something.[/quote]It''s refreshing to read such a brutally honest opinion on here.

[quote user="thebigfeller"][quote user="Jim Smith"]I have nothing against Amnesty International and am sure they do a great deal of very valuable work. All I am saying is I am a football fan and when it comes to football then, within reason, I don''t really care who owns the club if they are succesful. Perhaps if we were owned by a bit of a b**tard instead of all nicy nicy the whole time we might actually win something.[/quote]

Or to put it another way, you''d rather we weren''t actually a football club - but a whore.
[/quote]

No I am saying that I would happily sacrifice our nice, family club image to have a team that won something at some point during the remainder of my lifetime. And by win something i don''t mean the Championship!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

No I am saying that I would happily sacrifice our nice, family club image to have a team that won something at some point during the remainder of my lifetime. And by win something i don''t mean the Championship!

[/quote]

There''s a hundred other teams in this country that won''t win anything in your lifetime. There aren''t many with our image, if any. The one thing that separates us from all the other scum in the footballing world, and you''d trade it for the Sky TV cup and a few more column inches in The Sun?

I''m damned if I want third division football, but I''d sooner quit supporting than have Thaksin Shinawatra in control of this club.

[quote user="Mook"]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

There''s a hundred other teams in this country that won''t win anything in your lifetime. There aren''t many with our image, if any. The one thing that separates us from all the other scum in the footballing world, and you''d trade it for the Sky TV cup and a few more column inches in The Sun?

I''m damned if I want third division football, but I''d sooner quit supporting than have Thaksin Shinawatra in control of this club.

[/quote]

I second that. Yes, I want sucesss, but not at the price of selling the club''s soul. What next, Allen Stanford?

[quote user="yellow hammer"]The night''s too long and I''m way too depressed from the Coventry result, but it''s time to reveal the truth of what happened when a certain billionaire came calling. You''ll be surprised, maybe even outraged. Archant doesn''t have this scoop. So check out this thread sometime tomorrow and I''ll post some more.[/quote]

I can''t believe that so many posters - some of them who I thought knew better - are reacting to this pile of pants! Yellow Hammer has so many inconsistencies in his "account" - as pointed out by some of the more awake individuals in this thread - that it beggars belief!  

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mook"]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I second that. Yes, I want sucesss, but not at the price of selling the club''s soul. What next, Allen Stanford?

[/quote]

If Sir Allen Stanford was to walk in and turn Norwich into a cricket team would it maybe be for the best? We''re c*** at football after all!

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="Jim Smith"]I have nothing against Amnesty International and am sure they do a great deal of very valuable work. All I am saying is I am a football fan and when it comes to football then, within reason, I don''t really care who owns the club if they are succesful. Perhaps if we were owned by a bit of a b**tard instead of all nicy nicy the whole time we might actually win something.[/quote]

It''s refreshing to read such a brutally honest opinion on here.
[/quote]

I suppose one man’s brutal honesty is another man’s ignorance.

Personally, I don''t respect any of the views Jim has put forward on this thread. Jim, if that’s your opinion, you''re entitled to it. Rather than slate you for expressing your own (IMO uneducated) opinion, I''d just suggest you open your eyes to the greater world thats out there. You actually might learn something.

Some things actually are more important than Norwich City Football Club.

[quote user="NorfolkChance"]

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="Jim Smith"]I have nothing against Amnesty International and am sure they do a great deal of very valuable work. All I am saying is I am a football fan and when it comes to football then, within reason, I don''t really care who owns the club if they are succesful. Perhaps if we were owned by a bit of a b**tard instead of all nicy nicy the whole time we might actually win something.[/quote]

It''s refreshing to read such a brutally honest opinion on here.
[/quote]

I suppose one man’s brutal honesty is another man’s ignorance.

Personally, I don''t respect any of the views Jim has put forward on this thread. Jim, if that’s your opinion, you''re entitled to it. Rather than slate you for expressing your own (IMO uneducated) opinion, I''d just suggest you open your eyes to the greater world thats out there. You actually might learn something.

Some things actually are more important than Norwich City Football Club.

[/quote]

Just read that back. Sorry for that bold bit. That''s quite a contradiction.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mook"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mook"]

So let me get this straight. Our players and coaching staff have to bleed yellow and green, but our major benefactor can be a criminal from anywhere?

Ahhh, the warped logic of the modern day football fan.

[/quote]

Bloody racist[:@]

[/quote]

I''m hoping there is some sarcasm I''ve missed Beau? If not, perhaps I can direct you to the raging battles I''ve had with the resident racists and xenophobes on this forum over the past 5 years or so...

[/quote]

Dripping with it Mook! I was having a pop at Mr C and Barclay Boy happily branding Delia a racist for saying she wouldn''t sell to a foreign investor, even if he happened to be the venal Mr Shinawatra.

[/quote]

In response to a question on the possibility of allowing a foreign investor to take over the club Delia replied "Never, never, never", no ambiguity, no qualification, no exceptions, no mention of Shiniwatra or other dodgy types just a statement that she would never allow anyone foreign to take over the club.  That is the absolute fact of the matter, but you two just keep on twisting reality until it suits your outlook.  Sad, sad, sad.......

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]God these millionaires are so easily put off, aren''t they?[/quote]

I think a borderline racist statement from the majority shareholders at a club would put plenty of foreign millionaires off IMO.

[/quote]

Thank God she hasn''t said the club''s not for sale.We''d be stuck forever then. You were joking with the "borderline racist" remark, weren''t you? "I won''t sell to a foreign investor isn''t quite in the same league" as "all Muslims are terrorists", is it?

It is , of course, a well known fact that highly sucessful business people will simply turn away form potential investment opportunities unless the owners are really nice to them and invite them to afternoon tea to meet the family.

This is a fairy story, Mr C. It should be signed Enid Blyton, and it saddens me that inelligent people like your self allow your inherent hatred of the board to blind you to its obvious flaws. Of course, I''m less surprised to see Barclay Boy lap it up like a saucer of cream.

[/quote]

Why do you accuse me of lying, Beausant? It''s a very serious charge to lay on to a fellow poster.

Try this as a little exercise. I beleive you once claimed to be a Company Secretary. In that case, you probably can count some wealthy and successful acquaintances and friends. So sit down and for the next five minutes try and think of some even more wealthly and powerful friends of your friends. I''m absolutely convinced that you could come up with a few very influential figures. In fact, I''m sure that in two hops most of the senior posters on this message board could come up with some very heavyweight connections.

If this is too much of an effort for you, go read Andy Larkin''s thread and you''ll find posters have come up with some very interesting names. It''s not that difficult.

It''s keyboard warriors such as yourself who try to belittle the efforts of others while doing absolutely nothing yourself who are really are part of the problem, as you sit and wait for others to act on your behalf. So come on then Beausant, tell us what YOU are doing for your club.

[quote user="yellow hammer"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]God these millionaires are so easily put off, aren''t they?[/quote]

I think a borderline racist statement from the majority shareholders at a club would put plenty of foreign millionaires off IMO.

[/quote]

Thank God she hasn''t said the club''s not for sale.We''d be stuck forever then. You were joking with the "borderline racist" remark, weren''t you? "I won''t sell to a foreign investor isn''t quite in the same league" as "all Muslims are terrorists", is it?

It is , of course, a well known fact that highly sucessful business people will simply turn away form potential investment opportunities unless the owners are really nice to them and invite them to afternoon tea to meet the family.

This is a fairy story, Mr C. It should be signed Enid Blyton, and it saddens me that inelligent people like your self allow your inherent hatred of the board to blind you to its obvious flaws. Of course, I''m less surprised to see Barclay Boy lap it up like a saucer of cream.

[/quote]

Why do you accuse me of lying, Beausant? It''s a very serious charge to lay on to a fellow poster.

Try this as a little exercise. I beleive you once claimed to be a Company Secretary. In that case, you probably can count some wealthy and successful acquaintances and friends. So sit down and for the next five minutes try and think of some even more wealthly and powerful friends of your friends. I''m absolutely convinced that you could come up with a few very influential figures. In fact, I''m sure that in two hops most of the senior posters on this message board could come up with some very heavyweight connections.

If this is too much of an effort for you, go read Andy Larkin''s thread and you''ll find posters have come up with some very interesting names. It''s not that difficult.

It''s keyboard warriors such as yourself who try to belittle the efforts of others while doing absolutely nothing yourself who are really are part of the problem, as you sit and wait for others to act on your behalf. So come on then Beausant, tell us what YOU are doing for your club.

[/quote]

In answer to your first question,  I don''t believe your story, but I didn''t  use the word liar. Liar is to strong for a medium where people tend to create alter egos. It''s my opinion. Others may disagree. I also believe that Peter Cullum never intended to buy NCFC. Again others may disagree. That''s the point of a forum.

I''m not sure where you got the Company Secretary bit from, but then you are quite inventive. I also fail to see the point of the latter part of your post about belittling the efforts of others and helping the club.Whose efforts have I belittled? If you are referring to your story about approaching a potential investor, all I would say is "well done" if you actually did it, although I doubt that you did. In any case Nasty Delia scuppered your efforts by her world shaking statement about not selling to a foreign investor, so obviously you were then given no chance,as we all know that the likes of Shinawatra are easily dissuaded by septugenarian cooks. As for your last paragraph,I think you are confusing me with Smudger. I support my team as I have for 40 years, I also  put a petition together to prospective purchasers, but other than that its not my job, or within my capabilities, to resolve the problems of NCFC. My ego is not as well developed as some posters, so I don''t believe that throwing a paddy on a message board will change anything, nor that sabotaging NCISA meetings will have the required effect. I am deeply saddened at the state that my club is in,but I''m neither on the board or a potential investor, and only one or the other can resolve the problem.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]if he''s your daughters godfather, why would you have to book a slot to see him? [/quote]He''s not the Godfather....... he''s a very naughty boy!!! (Wahey!) [:D]I believe this little tale to be true in so far as I believe the stories in the Bible to be true... There may have been a man called Jesus who was an all round good egg and helped out the poor and the sick and the lame and whatnot... but that doesn''t mean he was the son of any God or rose from the grave after being visited by the Easter Bunny (or something like that).Similarly, there may be a man called Thaksin Shinawatra, and he may have some connection to Yellow Hammer, but.................... well, you can probably guess the rest!So I guess he''s not the Messiah either... that would presumably be Peter Cullum? [8-)]

Come on then oh educated ones you tell me precisely what this man has actually done then to make him such a monster? Educate me please? I do not regard being charged with minor corruption charges by a military regime who ousted him in a coup as being akin to Pol Pot!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Come on then oh educated ones you tell me precisely what this man has actually done then to make him such a monster? Educate me please? I do not regard being charged with minor corruption charges by a military regime who ousted him in a coup as being akin to Pol Pot!

[/quote]

This is a wind up, isn''t it? MINOR corruption charges? What about the 3000 slaughtered in his anti drugs offensive in 2003, r his use of his office to destroy the free telecom market in Thailand in order to allow Shin Corp, in which he and his family owned 49% of the shares, to clean up? I could go on, but I suspect I''m wasting my time.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="yellow hammer"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

In answer to your first question,  I don''t believe your story, but I didn''t  use the word liar. Liar is to strong for a medium where people tend to create alter egos. It''s my opinion. Others may disagree. I also believe that Peter Cullum never intended to buy NCFC. Again others may disagree. That''s the point of a forum.

I''m not sure where you got the Company Secretary bit from, but then you are quite inventive. I also fail to see the point of the latter part of your post about belittling the efforts of others and helping the club.Whose efforts have I belittled? If you are referring to your story about approaching a potential investor, all I would say is "well done" if you actually did it, although I doubt that you did. In any case Nasty Delia scuppered your efforts by her world shaking statement about not selling to a foreign investor, so obviously you were then given no chance,as we all know that the likes of Shinawatra are easily dissuaded by septugenarian cooks. As for your last paragraph,I think you are confusing me with Smudger. I support my team as I have for 40 years, I also  put a petition together to prospective purchasers, but other than that its not my job, or within my capabilities, to resolve the problems of NCFC. My ego is not as well developed as some posters, so I don''t believe that throwing a paddy on a message board will change anything, nor that sabotaging NCISA meetings will have the required effect. I am deeply saddened at the state that my club is in,but I''m neither on the board or a potential investor, and only one or the other can resolve the problem.

[/quote]

If I''ve said I have done something and you say you don''t believe me, then that is accusing me of being a liar. Is that clear enough for you? Or should I ask the Mods to arbitrate? After all, it is not the first time that Mods have withdrawn your posts, is it, Robin?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

Dont worry, Mook the resident ''lefty'' and ''self loather'' has had a hard time from the local white ''chavs'' in Diss so has every right to hate all around. [;)]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

This is a wind up, isn''t it? MINOR corruption charges? What about the 3000 slaughtered in his anti drugs offensive in 2003, r his use of his office to destroy the free telecom market in Thailand in order to allow Shin Corp, in which he and his family owned 49% of the shares, to clean up? I could go on, but I suspect I''m wasting my time.

[/quote]3000 slaughtered in his anti drugs offensive (shinawatra)or1 million slaughtered in Iraq, and heroin production gone through the roof (Bush/Blair)

But which is worse... there''s only one way to find out... F I G H T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="yellow hammer"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="yellow hammer"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If I''ve said I have done something and you say you don''t believe me, then that is accusing me of being a liar. Is that clear enough for you? Or should I ask the Mods to arbitrate? After all, it is not the first time that Mods have withdrawn your posts, is it, Robin?

[/quote]

Er, not to my knowledge, but maybe you know better. Why not ask them to pull this one though, if its making you feel uncomfortable? You could be a liar, an ego tripper, a fantasist or may even be telling the truth. I simply don''t have enough information to tell which, but please say "hi" to Thaksin next time you have a chat.

[quote user="I cant smell anything"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

3000 slaughtered in his anti drugs offensive (shinawatra)

or

1 million slaughtered in Iraq, and heroin production gone through the roof (Bush/Blair)

But which is worse... there''s only one way to find out... F I G H T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

[:D][:D][:D]

[quote user="yellow hammer"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have no idea whether this is or is not true but as a corporate solicitor and Company Secretary, I know people who know Peter Cullen, Neil Doncaster, Karren Brady and some seriously wealthy people.  I know a few seriously wealthy people directly.   I am no big player or important person in my own right but I work in certain circles and am one or at most two people away from some very serious people.  No reason why Beausant or Yellow Hammer are not the same.   After all, how many of you know say Charles Clarke?  And who does he have access too.  I do not find this story inherently incredible.......not to say I necessairily believe it......it is at least possible!!!

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No not a wind-up. Even under a dictatorship intent on pursuing the previous regime the only crimes the new government have been able to charge him with relate to some relatively minor property dealings. Thats says something. Democratically elected government which revolutionised Thai politics before being ousted by the military.

Believe he was cleared of any personal involvement on the drugs cleanse but don''t let that stand in the way of being judge and jury!

Funny how this supposed monster still has widespread support amongst the poor and working class in Thailand who elected him and for whom he did a hell of a lot of good.

I suspect if you look hard enough just about every owner of every premiership club has some dirt on them somewhere. You don''t get to be that rich and powerful without making a fair few enemies and being a bit ruthless. Look at all the Russian billionaires - all made their money out of back handers and favours from the establishment after the break up of the Soviet Union.

At the end of the day we could probably argue about Shinawatra all day and its a bit of a red herring as he''s clearly not going to buy our club. The point is though that you can find something wrong with most wealthy potential buyers if you look hard enough. my point is that provided they are not Robert Mugabe or his ilk I don''t really care as long as they have the potential to bring some success to my club. Others take a higher moral stance and I fully respect that if thats what they want/believe.

I think Yellow Hammer is telling lies.  I will give him credit though, it is certainly a well spun yarn.

Watch out for my thread coming soon.  REVEALED - What happened when a potless idiot came calling....I have bugger all to do at the moment but want to keep you all hanging on in an ''X Factor'' stylee edge of the seat fashion.....

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]if he''s your daughters godfather, why would you have to book a slot to see him? [/quote]

He''s not the Godfather....... he''s a very naughty boy!!! (Wahey!) [:D]

I believe this little tale to be true in so far as I believe the stories in the Bible to be true... There may have been a man called Jesus who was an all round good egg and helped out the poor and the sick and the lame and whatnot... but that doesn''t mean he was the son of any God or rose from the grave after being visited by the Easter Bunny (or something like that).

Similarly, there may be a man called Thaksin Shinawatra, and he may have some connection to Yellow Hammer, but.................... well, you can probably guess the rest!

So I guess he''s not the Messiah either... that would presumably be Peter Cullum? [8-)]
[/quote]

LMFAO that did make i larffffffff [:D]

Are you telling me the Easter bunny doesn''t bring my Easter eggs? [:O]

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No not a wind-up. Even under a dictatorship intent on pursuing the previous regime the only crimes the new government have been able to charge him with relate to some relatively minor property dealings. Thats says something. Democratically elected government which revolutionised Thai politics before being ousted by the military.

Believe he was cleared of any personal involvement on the drugs cleanse but don''t let that stand in the way of being judge and jury!

Funny how this supposed monster still has widespread support amongst the poor and working class in Thailand who elected him and for whom he did a hell of a lot of good.

I suspect if you look hard enough just about every owner of every premiership club has some dirt on them somewhere. You don''t get to be that rich and powerful without making a fair few enemies and being a bit ruthless. Look at all the Russian billionaires - all made their money out of back handers and favours from the establishment after the break up of the Soviet Union.

At the end of the day we could probably argue about Shinawatra all day and its a bit of a red herring as he''s clearly not going to buy our club. The point is though that you can find something wrong with most wealthy potential buyers if you look hard enough. my point is that provided they are not Robert Mugabe or his ilk I don''t really care as long as they have the potential to bring some success to my club. Others take a higher moral stance and I fully respect that if thats what they want/believe.

[/quote]

Jim, thanks for your reasoned response, which I respect. Yes, we will have to agree to differ on this. I just wonder whether the worldwide recession/depression will end the rule of money in the game and bring back some sort of common sense, although I have my doubts. I just wish the Cullum thing had gone somewhere, as we would then (hopefully) have the required financial resources without selling our soul.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Jim, thanks for your reasoned response, which I respect. Yes, we will have to agree to differ on this. I just wonder whether the worldwide recession/depression will end the rule of money in the game and bring back some sort of common sense, although I have my doubts. I just wish the Cullum thing had gone somewhere, as we would then (hopefully) have the required financial resources without selling our soul.

[/quote]

I agree with you there on both counts. Would have loved the Cullum thing to have gone soemwhere but even more would love the whole world of football finances to implode and everyone just have to start again on a much more even footing. Sadly I don''t think either are going to happen!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

Dont worry, Mook the resident ''lefty'' and ''self loather'' has had a hard time from the local white ''chavs'' in Diss so has every right to hate all around. [;)]

[/quote]

Arthur, do you think that ignoring the advice of Doctors and those who care about you is self loathing?

[quote user="Mook"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Dripping with it Mook! I was having a pop at Mr C and Barclay Boy happily branding Delia a racist for saying she wouldn''t sell to a foreign investor, even if he happened to be the venal Mr Shinawatra.

[/quote]

It''s classic irony, isn''t it. And you just know these people would be the first to cry "PC gone mad" if they (or anyone else in favour) were to be branded racists for such innocuous comments, used out of context.

[/quote]

By the way Mook, this is classic idiot message board projection.  Beau and blahX3 are two posters who i`ve often crossed swords with about football but on the threads which tend to stray towards politics and wider issues i`ve tended to find their posts superb and very close to my own POV.

But if i stated that i "wouldn`t sell my house to a foreigner" 99% of society would regard me as racist IMO.  But i understand that the issue is more complicated than that and that Delia, once again, stated something which came across wrongly which is why i stated "borderline racist"- not "clearly racist", nor am i "happy to brand Delia a racist".  Perhaps Beau, whilst you are going around accusing people of lying, you could ask yourself why you have to lie about what other contributors have posted? [^o)]

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Arthur, do you think that ignoring the advice of Doctors and those who care about you is self loathing?

[/quote]

What is you obsession with Arthurs private life?? [8-)]