Sign in to follow this  
yellow hammer

REVEALED - The true story of when a billionaire came calling

Whatever the state of Norwich City FC, and even if Delia did make some very stupid comments, we can all breath a sigh of relief that the murdering, thieving, evil scum that is Trashcan Sinatra did not take control of the club. And if he had, then we''d surely be in the shit now.I certainly would not have had anything to do with the club had he been involved.

BIC,

Agree completely - you should check out his list of misdameanours on wikipedia. For me morality is more important than our league poisition.

Take a look at this article in the Times about the man Yellow Hammer would have liked to have had own our club: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/manchester_city/article3004757.ece

[quote user="cityangel"]

Sorry but I think there could be some truth in it??

[/quote]

tut tut CA, you must be lapping at the same saucer of cream that I am, according to Mr know all Beauseant

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

tut tut CA, you must be lapping at the same saucer of cream that I am, according to Mr know all Beauseant

[/quote] 

I don''t claim to know it all BB, but I am familiar with the scent of bullshit.

[quote user="BIC"]Take a look at this article in the Times about the man Yellow Hammer would have liked to have had own our club: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/manchester_city/article3004757.ece[/quote]Grim reading and yet again the powers that be in the Premier league are found wanting when it comes to doing anything except filling their own coffers, "fit and proper person" clearly means nothing more than "got lots of cash". I''d rather see us in the conference than owned by scum like that.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote] 

I don''t claim to know it all BB, but I am familiar with the scent of bullshit.

[/quote]

lol [:D]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]God these millionaires are so easily put off, aren''t they?[/quote]

I think a borderline racist statement from the majority shareholders at a club would put plenty of foreign millionaires off IMO.

[/quote]

Thank God she hasn''t said the club''s not for sale.We''d be stuck forever then. You were joking with the "borderline racist" remark, weren''t you? "I won''t sell to a foreign investor isn''t quite in the same league" as "all Muslims are terrorists", is it?

It is , of course, a well known fact that highly sucessful business people will simply turn away form potential investment opportunities unless the owners are really nice to them and invite them to afternoon tea to meet the family.

This is a fairy story, Mr C. It should be signed Enid Blyton, and it saddens me that inelligent people like your self allow your inherent hatred of the board to blind you to its obvious flaws. Of course, I''m less surprised to see Barclay Boy lap it up like a saucer of cream.

[/quote]

If i were looking to sell my house and was asked in Mr Patels corner shop if i would sell to a "foreigner" and responded "never, never, never", do you think Mr Patel would come for a viewing?

[/quote]

correct, and good example Mr C. In fact I would have thought that issuing a statement saying you "wouldn''t sell to a foreign investor" is also potentailly dodgy on the legal, ie fair trading front, as well, it. Still, the same people offering up the "credit crunch" as the latest excuse also support still further reducing the opportunity for investment by excluding any "johnny foreigner" types. They truly want their cosy little Norwich to themselves don''t they?

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

correct, and good example Mr C. In fact I would have thought that issuing a statement saying you "wouldn''t sell to a foreign investor" is also potentailly dodgy on the legal, ie fair trading front, as well, it. Still, the same people offering up the "credit crunch" as the latest excuse also support still further reducing the opportunity for investment by excluding any "johnny foreigner" types. They truly want their cosy little Norwich to themselves don''t they?

[/quote]

So let me get this straight. Our players and coaching staff have to bleed yellow and green, but our major benefactor can be a criminal from anywhere?

Ahhh, the warped logic of the modern day football fan.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]God these millionaires are so easily put off, aren''t they?[/quote]

I think a borderline racist statement from the majority shareholders at a club would put plenty of foreign millionaires off IMO.

[/quote]

Thank God she hasn''t said the club''s not for sale.We''d be stuck forever then. You were joking with the "borderline racist" remark, weren''t you? "I won''t sell to a foreign investor isn''t quite in the same league" as "all Muslims are terrorists", is it?

It is , of course, a well known fact that highly sucessful business people will simply turn away form potential investment opportunities unless the owners are really nice to them and invite them to afternoon tea to meet the family.

This is a fairy story, Mr C. It should be signed Enid Blyton, and it saddens me that inelligent people like your self allow your inherent hatred of the board to blind you to its obvious flaws. Of course, I''m less surprised to see Barclay Boy lap it up like a saucer of cream.

[/quote]

If i were looking to sell my house and was asked in Mr Patels corner shop if i would sell to a "foreigner" and responded "never, never, never", do you think Mr Patel would come for a viewing?

[/quote]

[/quote]

So the BNP is an illegal organisation and should be banned, then. At least we agree on something.

[quote user="Mook"]

[/quote]

So let me get this straight. Our players and coaching staff have to bleed yellow and green, but our major benefactor can be a criminal from anywhere?

[/quote]

Bloody racist[:@]

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Good example if, when your brain links foreigners and Asian corner shops together.[:(]Considering most Asian shop owners are most probably British, doesn''t that make you lot dirty racists for not giving that any thought?

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So the BNP is an illegal organisation and should be banned, then. At least we agree on something.

[/quote]The BNP are a perfectly legal political party. And people should make their own minds up on whether to vote for them.  Up to now virtually nobody do.  If we go down a route of banning such groups, you are starting to flush democracy and free speech down the bog while acting like a dictatorship.If they overstep the mark of free speech, the law is there to prevent it.

[quote user="BIC"]Whatever the state of Norwich City FC, and even if Delia did make some very stupid comments, we can all breath a sigh of relief that the murdering, thieving, evil scum that is Trashcan Sinatra did not take control of the club. And if he had, then we''d surely be in the shit now.

I certainly would not have had anything to do with the club had he been involved.
[/quote]

Yeah we''d really be in the sh*t wouldn''t we. Just like Man City are in the sh*t and don''t have a pot to p**s in. Oh hold on..........

This thread has actually cheered me up. Just when I thought it couldn''t get any worse, I learn that YH nearly sold the club to Shinawatra. A narrow escape.

I''d rather be in Division Three than have this club be owned by someone like him. And race is not the issue. "Fit and proper person" is the issue.

Don''t be facetious Jim, you just make yourself look ignorant.Had Sinatra been forced to sell do you really think Middle East investors would''ve been waiting to take over? How could Norwich City possibly have avoided being in the s hit had he taken over?Try to answer that instead of making some smug, uninformed supercilious response

How the hell do you know that? He put in a lot of his own money when he first went there. Whose to say he would not have been able to sell to his mates? I bet you he would also have sold to Cullum last summer if he''d been forced to sell!

[quote user="Mook"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

deliberatley missing the point. Where do I mention supporting Shinawatra? But excluding all foreign investors? Really clever marketing that, of course unless you don''t really want to sell? Hang on, didn''t our owner also say she would step aside if anyone was prepared to put 20 million in for players? Peter Cullum? Ring any bells? And he is also one of your nice freshly scrubbed True Brits, not one of those "nasty foreign investor" types. Jesus you people are so so stupid!

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mook"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m hoping there is some sarcasm I''ve missed Beau? If not, perhaps I can direct you to the raging battles I''ve had with the resident racists and xenophobes on this forum over the past 5 years or so...

So you''d be willing for NCFC to be a vehicle to keep Shinawatra in the public eye, help him clean up his well-deserved revolting image and return to power in Thailand just so you can follow a team you''d be proud of? That''s what you''re insinuating. I wouldn''t be proud, I''d be ashamed.And to compare NCFC with Man City is ridiculous in the extreme

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mook"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m hoping there is some sarcasm I''ve missed Beau? If not, perhaps I can direct you to the raging battles I''ve had with the resident racists and xenophobes on this forum over the past 5 years or so...

[/quote]

Dripping with it Mook! I was having a pop at Mr C and Barclay Boy happily branding Delia a racist for saying she wouldn''t sell to a foreign investor, even if he happened to be the venal Mr Shinawatra.

Don''t bank on that. He''ll certainly try and he has suffient cash and support to do so at some stage.

[quote user="BIC"]Don''t bank on that. He''ll certainly try and he has suffient cash and support to do so at some stage.[/quote]what''s he going to make his two year prison sentence vanish in a puff of smoke?

I will be perfectly honest with you no I would not have a particular problem with Shinawatra owning our club no, particularly if it meant we could be competitive again. I support a football team not bl**dy amnesty international. Anyone who is president or a high level politician in a state in that part of the world is going to have some baggage attached to their name. Values and cultures are very different there. We however are very holier than thou over it all whilst happily colluding with the yanks to invade parts of the arab world and toturing "terrorists" in Gunatanamo Bay! I don''t know that much about all of the allegations against him but its interesting though that despite all his alleged heinous crimes as far as i can tell the only thing that the new regime (who I bet are really big on human rights) has been able to convict him of (in his absence) is of some alleged dodgy property purchase by his wife.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Dripping with it Mook! I was having a pop at Mr C and Barclay Boy happily branding Delia a racist for saying she wouldn''t sell to a foreign investor, even if he happened to be the venal Mr Shinawatra.

[/quote]

It''s classic irony, isn''t it. And you just know these people would be the first to cry "PC gone mad" if they (or anyone else in favour) were to be branded racists for such innocuous comments, used out of context.

I''m sure he won''t want to serve his porridge and he could well be able to avoid it. It wouldn''t be remotely surprising if he did. Even if he does serve it, I don''t see why it would impede him from running for another term later, even though he was slapped with a ban on participating in Thai politics for 5 years I think.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

I will be perfectly honest with you no I would not have a particular problem with Shinawatra owning our club no, particularly if it meant we could be competitive again. I support a football team not bl**dy amnesty international.

[/quote]That says it all. And it''s quite clear you don''t support Amnesty International

Bloody Amnesty International, sticking their noses in where they''re not wanted, opposing torture, promoting human rights. How dare they? Makes me sick.