Sign in to follow this  
Paul Spector

Reserves

Back from the game tonight.

Firstly, want to make clear the report on the OS is rather unbiased, and doesn''t really tell the story of the game.

Typical Norwich looked quality until the final 3rd, but couldn''t stick the thing in the net! Yarmouth looked poor, and rarely made it out of their own half, so our GK''s and defenders were not troubled in the slightest. That said thought both Korey Smith and Rob Eagle were tremendous at full back, and personally would far rather see Smith instead of Otsemobor on Saturday. Worked hard, tackled hard, and looked to get forward all the time - Semmy could learn something!

Pattison - diabolical. I was embarassed by his attitude tbh, as he clearly didn''t want to be there. Scored with his only real involvement, which probably overshadowed a poor game.

Carney - one word "hog". Always looks to get forward, but needs to learn to pass. Tried to do it all by himself every single time. Looked like he could be a good player, but still with a lot to learn.

Lappin - may be accused of bias here, but thought he was superb. The accuracy of his crosses was pin-point every single time, and caused no end of problems all game. If Carl Cort had been watching he would have been licking his licks at some of the balls into the box.

Finally, a special mention to Tom Adeyami. MOM for me - ran the midfield - looked to get forward all the time, worked very hard, and seems to have a good football brain. Certainly one for the future.

Encouraging.

Thanks for that - some signs for optimism. Couldn''t understand how Killin got his place after the Barnet game. At least Lappin cannot be accused of hogging the ball - his willingness to pass and pass well is much needed IMO. (Pleased he got a game tonight but I don''t hold out much hope for Saturday.). Korey Smith looked good v Barnet but did make errors.

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"] Carney - one word "hog". Always looks to get forward, but needs to learn to pass. Tried to do it all by himself every single time. Looked like he could be a good player, but still with a lot to learn. [/quote]

Sounds like the perfect replacement for Huckerby then. I always thought he played exactly the same.

So no real threat for Leijer or Dumic then?

Carney seems to have a good cross on him also, where did he and Lappin play during the game?

If our Reserves cannot stuff Gt Yarmouth by more than 3 goals the future looks bleak. What a load of rubbish about these players being ready for Championship football.They would struggle to beat the likes of Dereham or Wroxham.Most of the young lads would not even get in a Ridgeons Division 1 side.

What possible thing was achieved last night? Have we really sunk this low? Someone please wake up.

Eagle and Smith Superb! You are having a laugh?

I was at the game as well.

Pattison was awful he covered less ground than stuart nelson.

I would have given Adeyemi MOM also he did enough running for two.(Probably because of Patty)

Our defence had no real troubles which allowed Smith and Eagle to play as extra wingers.

Renton and Daley did both look fairly poor. We got better when Cody came on.

Lappin, for me he was the second best player on the pitch, he can put in a mean cross with his left peg.

[quote user="Largey"]

So no real threat for Leijer or Dumic then?

Carney seems to have a good cross on him also, where did he and Lappin play during the game?

[/quote] Lappin left wing, Carney right.

He did have a good delivery but he was too often interested in trying to weave through the entire defence ignoring open passes.

I don''t know how many first teamers Yarmouth put out last night but they are a team who play weekly, whereas most of the players in the reserves have been playing once a month this season if that.

At the end of the day reserve games are run outs for players, nothing more. Unless its an embarassing defeat then is the result relevant? Does the fact that we beat Arsenal 4-2 mean our players are better than theirs?

I would prefer to take the positives out of it, ie McDonald and Carney scoring, and people like Lappin, Smith, Daley and Adeyami playing well which ought to put a bit of pressure on those players ahead of them in the manager''s thinking.

If the strikers look poor at this level what hope?

Renton has never done anything ,big slow lump and Daley is no where near,just more PR as we slip down the league into the mire

[quote user="beachball"]

Renton has never done anything ,big slow lump and Daley is no where near,just more PR as we slip down the league into the mire

[/quote]

To be fair to him, I think thats only the 2nd match Renton has played since xmas. Worked very hard, but looked like he was lacking that sharpness which comes with playing games.

It really was one-way traffic all night, so don''t take too much credit away from the lads who I thought looked good - if only they could put the ball in the net!!

Personally would like to see Korey, Lappin and Adeyami involved in the squad on Saturday. Won''t hold my breath though.

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"][quote user="beachball"]

[/quote]

To be fair to him, I think thats only the 2nd match Renton has played since xmas. Worked very hard, but looked like he was lacking that sharpness which comes with playing games.

It really was one-way traffic all night, so don''t take too much credit away from the lads who I thought looked good - if only they could put the ball in the net!!

Personally would like to see Korey, Lappin and Adeyami involved in the squad on Saturday. Won''t hold my breath though.

[/quote]

WWLB, I think someone is on a wind-up.

[quote user="beachball"]

If our Reserves cannot stuff Gt Yarmouth by more than 3 goals the future looks bleak.

What possible thing was achieved last night? Have we really sunk this low? Someone please wake up.

[/quote]

It''s not FIFA mate, 3-0 is a pretty comfortable result. Do the top 4 beat lower league teams 5 or 6-0 every year in the cup? We achieved a run out for a lot of our fringe players, new lads got to play at Carrow Road, there were a lot of things achieved last night. 

Having said that, i  looked at the new squad photograph last night and did wonder what quality we really have at the moment.

[quote user="zemas tendon"]Say''s on news that twenty Yamouth lot got thrown out for causing trouble!! any one witnessed this[/quote]

Blimey lol it all goes on don''t it [:)]

[quote user="zemas tendon"]Say''s on news that twenty Yamouth lot got thrown out for causing trouble!! any one witnessed this[/quote]I saw this, was actually very amusing.  At first it seemed as though they were just singin and enjoying the game.  Just before half time a steward went up to calm them down which only made more trouble.  They were then surrounded by stewards who then decided to throw them all out.  On the way down the stairs they decided to try and start on them, which turned into a load of handbags, with one steward being overhauled by 3 young lads.  It was actually very funny to watch

Would agree totally with most of your points, with the excepton of the Lappin comments. We all know that Lappin is not up to Championship standard from his time in the 1st team, but last night totally confirmed it for me. There is no doubt he can deliver a ball, but I thought he looked very average last night against poor opposition.

Im afraid people a clutching at straws with the Lappin campaign. The fact that he is happy to play in games like last night sums him up really. He is obviously just happy to take the money Norwich pay, play the odd reserve game, with the knowledge nobody else would be stupid enough to pay him as well for someone of his ability. If this is not true, the why doesnt he just leave?? 

[quote user="Nigel Worthless"]

Would agree totally with most of your points, with the excepton of the Lappin comments. We all know that Lappin is not up to Championship standard from his time in the 1st team, but last night totally confirmed it for me. There is no doubt he can deliver a ball, but I thought he looked very average last night against poor opposition.

Im afraid people a clutching at straws with the Lappin campaign. The fact that he is happy to play in games like last night sums him up really. He is obviously just happy to take the money Norwich pay, play the odd reserve game, with the knowledge nobody else would be stupid enough to pay him as well for someone of his ability. If this is not true, the why doesnt he just leave?? 

[/quote]If your workplace didn''t want you but accepted to continue paying you, would you leave??!!  I think not.  Yeah fair enough he may be happy gettin his money, but there are no clubs that have come in for him.  Maybe if someone did, he might go??!!

[quote user="beachball"]

If our Reserves cannot stuff Gt Yarmouth by more than 3 goals the future looks bleak. What a load of rubbish about these players being ready for Championship football.They would struggle to beat the likes of Dereham or Wroxham.Most of the young lads would not even get in a Ridgeons Division 1 side.

[/quote]Erm 1 word... retard. Ever heard of havent and waterloo vill (if thats how you spell it)? Notice how they are a non league club who got very far in the FA cup I think it was and got a 4-2 result with liverpool? So your saying liverpool are sh..it?

There is a non league pyramid.If you are clever enough to understand try looking up where Yarmouth are and you will see.Your assumptins sum up your lack of comprehension so I will not reply to any more of your toilet language .Pratt

[quote user="beachball"]

[/quote]

Well I guess because the club / yer ol'' mate Glen pulled out of the reserve league Barnett and Yarmouth are used to give our reserves a game. What does it achieve? Well basically that I guess. But not a lot else. What did the Arsenal game achieve apart from giving thousanads of fans a chance to watch good but pretty much uncompetetive football. I saw that game and the Barnet game last week. Neither was much preperation for Championship football. In fact Lappin played at centre back in the Arsenal game and had so much time that he looked like Baresi! Could he play there in the Champs?

I doubt we have much strength in depth at all for the Championship. Doherty and Shackell are the only two fit centre backs I would have any confidence in. Cort is the only centre forward who can win the ball, probably the next best option after him is Doherty.

Eagle and Smith must surely be a million miles away from the first team. Daley is closer because he has pace to help him bridge the gap but is surely not strong enough yet.

But back to the point I guess any game is better than no game at all in the efforts of getting/keeping players match fit.

A friend of mine played in the game against Norwich and told me our finishing was awful with a hatfull of chances missed also said Pattison was the most over weight professional he''d ever seen.