Sign in to follow this  
The Fish Seller

Tears at Roeder's farewell - Gunn

Bryan Gunn today spoke of tears among the backroom staff after the sacking of Norwich City manager Glenn Roeder.LinkNothing to do with the fact the backroom staff were sacked too I suppose?

[quote user="The Prisoner"]Bryan Gunn today spoke of tears among the backroom staff after the sacking of Norwich City manager Glenn Roeder.

Link

Nothing to do with the fact the backroom staff were sacked too I suppose?
[/quote]Wonder if there were same tears when Roeder did his cull of backroom staff, even more were affected then.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="The Prisoner"]Bryan Gunn today spoke of tears among the backroom staff after the sacking of Norwich City manager Glenn Roeder.LinkNothing to do with the fact the backroom staff were sacked too I suppose?[/quote]Wonder if there were same tears when Roeder did his cull of backroom staff, even more were affected then.[/quote]Wonder how the players felt!

I heard that Jamie, Lappin, Hucks, Drury, Crofty and Doc were all very upset  [:)]

[quote user="Jim Kent"][quote user="tribes"][quote user="The Prisoner"]Bryan Gunn today spoke of tears among the backroom staff after the sacking of Norwich City manager Glenn Roeder.

Link

[/quote]Wonder if there were same tears when Roeder did his cull of backroom staff, even more were affected then.[/quote]

Wonder how the players felt!
[/quote]The tears of joy bit. Hopefully they''ll be just as joyful on Saturday.

[quote user="The Prisoner"]Bryan Gunn today spoke of tears among the backroom staff after the sacking of Norwich City manager Glenn Roeder.

Link

[/quote]boo hoo..good ridance to bad rubbish

Actually if Gunny wanted to shed any tears for anyone it should be for us long suffering supporters. 

We pay for the priveledge of being associated with Norwich City whilst those he has sympathy for have been getting large salaries for achieving very little.

Ok, a bloke was bad at his job, things didn''t work out, he''s gone.  To an extent we got what we wanted, and what was required according to results.  But you lot would do well to remember that you''re dealing with human beings here.  They get paid well, but they still hurt when it goes wrong.  If you had a close working relationship with someone for over a year and it comes to an end, it would effect you in some way too.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Ok, a bloke was bad at his job, things didn''t work out, he''s gone.  To an extent we got what we wanted, and what was required according to results.  But you lot would do well to remember that you''re dealing with human beings here.  They get paid well, but they still hurt when it goes wrong.  If you had a close working relationship with someone for over a year and it comes to an end, it would effect you in some way too.
[/quote]ROEDER = HUMAN BEING?????ummmmmm  not for me

[quote user="blahblahblah"]CTID, I think that says more about you than Roeder.
[/quote]the bloke was that far up his own arse...rude ,arrogant,...hopefully my friends and family think im none of them!!!!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

someone must of been standing on Gunnys foot.. hence the tears.

jas :)

[/quote]

morelikely gunny standing on someones elses foot [;)]

I''m not surprised, the way Roeder was treated was disgusting. He was always polite and approachable to supporters, he was an amazing manager who was not short of turning things around and I certainly shed a few crocodile tears.

I find it hard to shed any form of tear for a man who could not do a his job and then gets paid an estimated 750,000 to be told so

I think Gunns tears where only or the money spent that now can not be put into the transfer kitty...still money well spent, but we should never have put ourselves in that posistion in the first place.  Make sure you choose the right man this time Delia and Co

OTBC

St.John

I''m sure Roeder won''t be too upset, he got £1.1m payoff from Newcastle, he''s just got a reportedly £500k from us.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]CTID, I think that says more about you than Roeder.
[/quote]

I think it says more about Roeder than anyone. You get treated according to how you treat others....

Tears for Roeder, you must be joking. What goes round, comes round.

Mr Roeder you poured scorn on many supporters, behaved disgracefully towards Darren Huckerby and treated Simon Lappin in an appalling way. Just a few examples. There are many more.

I won''t cry much over your departure, but was crying over the way you have played your part in sinking this once great club.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Ok, a bloke was bad at his job, things didn''t work out, he''s gone.  To an extent we got what we wanted, and what was required according to results.  But you lot would do well to remember that you''re dealing with human beings here.  They get paid well, but they still hurt when it goes wrong.  If you had a close working relationship with someone for over a year and it comes to an end, it would effect you in some way too.
[/quote]

Let it go will you.
Does this give you a little victory by putting yourself forward as the caring fan?
I care about my club and what he was doing to it, sentiment has not once crossed my mind.
Roeder turned out to be an unpleasant, spiteful character and I will shed as many tears for him as I would for anyone else who I consider to be the same.

I doubt anyone at the club feels any different.

On the other hand, I can''t help but quote Bob Dylan

" In fourteen months I only smiled once and I did''nt do it consciously"

(Up to Me 1974)