Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

FAO to all pink'un posters...........

I take it the Board are off the hook again then? Surely its time to actively question their proposels for the next few months? Come on Fellow city fans, we got rid of one useless fool, surely we have questions to ask the Board how it got to this? Is a protest the way forward? Do we beg PC with 1000''s of e-mails? Discuss........

A specific question would be a good start.

The board are criticised for not involving the fans and not listening. Then when they ask for ideas they get flak for being clueless

Go on Art.... 10 questions.

[quote user="IBA"]A specific question would be a good start. The board are criticised for not involving the fans and not listening. Then when they ask for ideas they get flak for being clueless Go on Art.... 10 questions.[/quote]

Actually IBA my friend i would argue that the Board ask the fans for answers when they run out of ideas and tell us jack shite when the shite hits the fan because as ''custodoians'' they are actually clueless.

But this is about how the fans see it so discuss...............

I don''t think for one moment they are off the hook Arthur but it is really difficult to know how anyone can organise collectively.

One can only hope that if you give them enough rope.... it must work soon surely. Problem is their not even any good at tieing knots!

IBA I appreciate you are a board lover but your very comment, I assume about them admitting at the agm they didn''t know what to do, means to me that it is impossible to have a discussion with you about them. I''m not complaining about that fact just stating where we all stand at present.

You know that his has been discussed in depth by many including those who attended the agm. If you were there, that request and the atmosphere of hopelessness was frightening

What those of mine and Arthur''s persuasion can do is to keep at the board when we can. For example, in the end, we helped in getting rid of Roeder and i also think we frightened to death ND and his colleagues in discouraging the return of Worthy whether he had accepted or not.

It''s when the board pushes too far, that''s the only time, at the moment when we have a little bit of power.

Finally if a board can even think of approaching Worthy to return as manager as i think they did, what does that mean? Well for season ticket renewals it is commercial suicide and most importantly, it gives the impression that the board are totally out of touch with the real football world.

We can hope that the board, like most of us do, learn by our mistakes and always strive to improve for the benefit of us all. I haven''t seen much evidence over their years of tenure (love that word now!) If they don''t Arthur, things will change and someone or persons will be allowed to take over.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I applaud them for the quick dispatching of the sinister one Arturo, but off the hook? not with me they''re not.[:|][/quote]

Would you not argue that, with Season ticket renewels coming up they done as mush for their own posisitions?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I applaud them for the quick dispatching of the sinister one Arturo, but off the hook? not with me they''re not.[:|][/quote]

Me neither Wiz, however it would have been nice to just celebrate the win for a few days without any of the bitching and sniping, or maybe that''s too much to ask hehehehe [:D]

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

Would you not argue that, with Season ticket renewels coming up they done as mush for their own posisitions?

[/quote]

Given that they are actively seeking new investors to take over from them, I don''t think you can accuse them of only having their own positions at heart. Can we not all agree that they have the club at heart, even if we don''t agree with all their decisions?

Secondly, they have to be voted in, or out. I forget when the last AGM was that Delia and Michael were up for re-election, but which way did everyone vote on that occasion?

[/quote]

I wouldn''t argue against you on that one Arturo.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Me neither Wiz, however it would have been nice to just celebrate the win for a few days without any of the bitching and sniping, or maybe that''s too much to ask hehehehe [:D]

[/quote]

On here it is 49.[:D]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

On here it is 49.[:D]

[/quote]

lol that much is true.

Of course the board aren''t off the hook, but there''s only so many times and ways in which you can say it. [:)]

Me to mac my friend. What im really trying to gage is a general feeling of the fans. Nothing sinister. Gunny deserved that result yesterday and its been a long time that i''ve felt the club being up there with the the supporters, something long over due in my opinion.[Y]

PS-Why can i never follow a quote from you mac without deleting half the thread?

Me to mac my friend. What im really trying to gage is a general feeling of the fans. Nothing sinister. Gunny deserved that result yesterday and its been a long time that i''ve felt the club being up there with the the supporters, something long over due in my opinion.[Y]

PS-Why can i never follow a quote from you mac without deleting half the thread?

[/quote]

Yeah, that''s how I took it. And, as I say, yesterday was fantastic but you''re right, we still are in a hell of a pickle.

I think its because I''ve got an apostrophe in my username, if you delete that I think it works.

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]I think its because I''ve got an apostrophe in my username, if you delete that I think it works.[/quote]How''s about you delete it MaccysP, you,re confusing poor arthur! [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="macdougalls perm"]I think its because I''ve got an apostrophe in my username, if you delete that I think it works.[/quote]How''s about you delete it MaccysP, you,re confusing poor arthur! [;)][/quote]

Spot on Lapp. Just tried it and it seems i''ve buggered it again but i am a bit of a Ludite when it comes to these things!

[quote user="Amarillo"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

[/quote]

Given that they are actively seeking new investors to take over from them, I don''t think you can accuse them of only having their own positions at heart. Can we not all agree that they have the club at heart, even if we don''t agree with all their decisions?

Secondly, they have to be voted in, or out. I forget when the last AGM was that Delia and Michael were up for re-election, but which way did everyone vote on that occasion?

[/quote]

Can they be voted out though? Surely they hold the majority of votes?

I can''t understand this getting them out, surely we need somebody to want to come in before we can get them out.

Is somebody interested? if so who and we can decide if we want a different board.

I think the current board have made some poor decisions but they have our club at heart imho and without another option they must surely be supported?

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]I take it the Board are off the hook again then? Surely its time to actively question their proposels for the next few months? Come on Fellow city fans, we got rid of one useless fool, surely we have questions to ask the Board how it got to this? Is a protest the way forward? Do we beg PC with 1000''s of e-mails? Discuss........[/quote]

They are already forgiven Arty...... and Bryan will save the day.

Give him at least a season I say and a chance to build his own team...before sacking him.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I don''t think for one moment they are off the hook Arthur but it is really difficult to know how anyone can organise collectively.

One can only hope that if you give them enough rope.... it must work soon surely. Problem is their not even any good at tieing knots!

IBA I appreciate you are a board lover but your very comment, I assume about them admitting at the agm they didn''t know what to do, means to me that it is impossible to have a discussion with you about them. I''m not complaining about that fact just stating where we all stand at present.

You know that his has been discussed in depth by many including those who attended the agm. If you were there, that request and the atmosphere of hopelessness was frightening

What those of mine and Arthur''s persuasion can do is to keep at the board when we can. For example, in the end, we helped in getting rid of Roeder and i also think we frightened to death ND and his colleagues in discouraging the return of Worthy whether he had accepted or not.

It''s when the board pushes too far, that''s the only time, at the moment when we have a little bit of power.

Finally if a board can even think of approaching Worthy to return as manager as i think they did, what does that mean? Well for season ticket renewals it is commercial suicide and most importantly, it gives the impression that the board are totally out of touch with the real football world.

We can hope that the board, like most of us do, learn by our mistakes and always strive to improve for the benefit of us all. I haven''t seen much evidence over their years of tenure (love that word now!) If they don''t Arthur, things will change and someone or persons will be allowed to take over.[/quote]

That''s what they said is it? What I don''t understand is why people feel the need to misquote if they feel that there case is so strong?

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Amarillo"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Of course they can''t be voted out. They are majority shareholders - they only way that they could be voted out is if they voted against themselves! You can''t get rid of the board unless they want to go.Personally, I would be prepared to take any amount of abuse to keep the money that I had tied up in the club. I think you are being optimistic if you think that the Smiths are any different.

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]I don''t think for one moment they are off the hook Arthur but it is really difficult to know how anyone can organise collectively. One can only hope that if you give them enough rope.... it must work soon surely. Problem is their not even any good at tieing knots! IBA I appreciate you are a board lover but your very comment, I assume about them admitting at the agm they didn''t know what to do, means to me that it is impossible to have a discussion with you about them. I''m not complaining about that fact just stating where we all stand at present. You know that his has been discussed in depth by many including those who attended the agm. If you were there, that request and the atmosphere of hopelessness was frightening What those of mine and Arthur''s persuasion can do is to keep at the board when we can. For example, in the end, we helped in getting rid of Roeder and i also think we frightened to death ND and his colleagues in discouraging the return of Worthy whether he had accepted or not. It''s when the board pushes too far, that''s the only time, at the moment when we have a little bit of power. Finally if a board can even think of approaching Worthy to return as manager as i think they did, what does that mean? Well for season ticket renewals it is commercial suicide and most importantly, it gives the impression that the board are totally out of touch with the real football world. We can hope that the board, like most of us do, learn by our mistakes and always strive to improve for the benefit of us all. I haven''t seen much evidence over their years of tenure (love that word now!) If they don''t Arthur, things will change and someone or persons will be allowed to take over.[/quote]

That''s what they said is it?

What I don''t understand is why people feel the need to misquote if they feel that there case is so strong?
[/quote]

I don''t think that was what they quoted i believe it was more like ''if anyone has any ideas pleeeeeeeease let us know'' which if we''re honest badger is pretty much the same thing.

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Amarillo"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Of course they can''t be voted out. They are majority shareholders - they only way that they could be voted out is if they voted against themselves! You can''t get rid of the board unless they want to go.

Personally, I would be prepared to take any amount of abuse to keep the money that I had tied up in the club. I think you are being optimistic if you think that the Smiths are any different.

[/quote]

I was under the impression that after Chase was booted out no one persons were entitled to be majority shareholder.

As to getting their money back, well yes i would want it back and some but I''m not the one saying I''d give the club away for a tenner one day and refusing major investment the next and shifting the goalposts in the mean time.

I don''t think that was what they quoted i believe it was more like ''if anyone has any ideas pleeeeeeeease let us know'' which if we''re honest badger is pretty much the same thing.

[/quote]I don''t think it is Arthur. As a business, we always welcome customer and staff suggestions and go out of our way to try to get them. It''s not because we haven''t got a clue what to do, but we try to obtain any idea that is beneficial and also to try to engage our stakeholders.

I was under the impression that after Chase was booted out no one persons were entitled to be majority shareholder.

As to getting their money back, well yes i would want it back and some but I''m not the one saying I''d give the club away for a tenner one day and refusing major investment the next and shifting the goalposts in the mean time.

[/quote]1. Post Chase - Yes you are right, this was said but it went by the wayside I''m afraid.2. "Refusing major investment" - we come back to the old argument that has been had many times about whether this was ever genuinely and realistically offered. One''s views on this, pretty much determine one''s views on the Smiths. Unfortunately, witout a proper local press (see another thread) it is hard to really tell.

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

[/quote]

1. Post Chase - Yes you are right, this was said but it went by the wayside I''m afraid.

2. "Refusing major investment" - we come back to the old argument that has been had many times about whether this was ever genuinely and realistically offered. One''s views on this, pretty much determine one''s views on the Smiths. Unfortunately, witout a proper local press (see another thread) it is hard to really tell.

[/quote]

point 1 in itself is enough to determine my views on the Smiths thus giving me more believe about point 2. Thats how i read the Smiths and i think many more people do now and the fact they are so secretive about such things only fuels my suspicions of them I''m afraid

I don''t think the board are off the hook at all, whilst sacking Roeder was an all round good decision it makes no difference to the fact there is little/ no money available to invest in the team. Another thing which doesn''t sit too comfortably is trusting them to choose a new manager - the last couple of times they have made the wrong choice, do it again and we will be, at best, in exactly the same position again next season - if the story about approaching Worthy to come back is true it shows they are tactless and how out of touch they are with the majority of the fans.

Apologies if this is a little negative after a great weekend but I blame it on Monday morning!!!! [:D]

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="Badger"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

[/quote]1. Post Chase - Yes you are right, this was said but it went by the wayside I''m afraid.2. "Refusing major investment" - we come back to the old argument that has been had many times about whether this was ever genuinely and realistically offered. One''s views on this, pretty much determine one''s views on the Smiths. Unfortunately, witout a proper local press (see another thread) it is hard to really tell. [/quote]

point 1 in itself is enough to determine my views on the Smiths thus giving me more believe about point 2. Thats how i read the Smiths and i think many more people do now and the fact they are so secretive about such things only fuels my suspicions of them I''m afraid

[/quote]Re point 1 - I suspect that any new owner - should they ever be forthcoming, would want a majority shareholding too. If people are going to put money into a club they want some control over how it is spent.