Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

hucks in veiled "come and get me" plea?

I wouldn''t. I would be very upset that he has now offered a chance for Huckerby, half way through the season when we are in a relegation scrap, when he should obviously have offered him a contract at the start to give us that little edge of teams. Even if we did get him, Huckerby is a good player like Lupoli so he would probably be put on the bench. Next up we will have Croft and Clingan on the becnh replaced by Fotheringham and Eagle lol

Come on you yellows !!!

NO!!!

If he won promotion to the Premier league

Won The PL and Cup double and then took us to the final of the Champions League ..

I might just accept him but I would certainly not either like him or forgive him.

He is simply an arrogant unpleasant person. If he was succesful it wouldn''t change that.

Huckerby as a striker would have worked plain and simple.He''s obviously not finished, and its now certain that Roeder just didnt like him, like he doesnt like Lupoli and like he didnt like, and fell out with, Di Canio and Glen Little. Other flair players, and more crucially, the teams star players.Roeder''s an idiot, thats clear to see now. Just ask any West Ham, Newcastle, Gillingham, Watford and Burnley fans.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]I have been one of Huckerby''s harshest critics over the years - and felt it was the right thing for him to leave. In hindsight however, it is so infuriating watching Norwich struggle every week while there is a player who could change a game just sat in the stands.[/quote]

There''s players in our team who can do that, it''s just for some reason they aren''t doing it [8-)] .

The only real obstacle stopping Hux returning is GR, as that obstacle will be removed very soon, I have a feeling Hux will be back.It''s a bit like waiting for your long lost relative to return but he can''t quite make it back because there is a huge pile of cr@p in the road blocking his path!

Prehaps if Delia and the board recognise (they arent the brightest after all [:P]) that bringing Hucks back and getting rid of Rodent will keep them onside with the fans then maybe .... just maybe....

[quote user="John Boubepo"]The only real obstacle stopping Hux returning is GR, as that obstacle will be removed very soon, I have a feeling Hux will be back.

It''s a bit like waiting for your long lost relative to return but he can''t quite make it back because there is a huge pile of cr@p in the road blocking his path!
[/quote]

problem is John is that San Jose will want a transfer fee... we cant afford to pay one.

jas :)

It''s funny. Every other poster uses the Croft clip as a signiture, without realizing the Croft is doing pretty much the same job on the right now as Hucks used to do on the left. (His crosses are getting better). Hucks'' second coming would make Croft pretty redundant. 

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]It''s funny. Every other poster uses the Croft clip as a signiture, without realizing the Croft is doing pretty much the same job on the right now as Hucks used to do on the left. (His crosses are getting better). Hucks'' second coming would make Croft pretty redundant. [/quote]why? they play on different sides on the pitch.crofty on right and hucks on left... sounds good to mehucks plays upfront as well, so hardly making Croft redundant

[quote user="John Boubepo"]It''s a bit like waiting for your long lost relative to return but he can''t quite make it back because there is a huge pile of cr@p in the road blocking his path![/quote]The thing about those long lost relatives though is that you can''t wait to see them but after a couple of weeks staying in your spare room you''re glad to see the back of them. Especially if that rakish and debonair Uncle you remember so fondly has turned into a flatulent old man who needs help dressing himself [;)]

If I remember correctly, last season they played together a couple of times, and it didn''t work out that well. In practice, probs all balls would be pumped towards Hucks. Having said that, a geared up Hucks'' presence (even at the expense of Crofty) could work miracles... or not.

Been away for a couple of days and have only just logged on to the pink''un, It broke my heart reading that hucks article!!

Is Darren possibly the one of the greatest role models in the game? Reading  the article and many others before it, he continually refuses to slag people off, despite being given regular opportunities. Always talks of his family with huge affection, and mentions them with genuine thought in most interviews.  Never gives the impression of being told to say things or not say things by a stupid agent.  Still comes to watch us despite being shoved out the door in a most awkward and embaressing way.  Loves his football, loves Norfolk and loves Norwich City.

I hope the guy is exactly what it seems, and thats an honest footballer and a really nice guy.  Not enough people like it in the game.

God bless you Darren, whatever happens. 

[quote user="John Boubepo"]The only real obstacle stopping Hux returning is GR, as that obstacle will be removed very soon, I have a feeling Hux will be back.

It''s a bit like waiting for your long lost relative to return but he can''t quite make it back because there is a huge pile of cr@p in the road blocking his path!
[/quote]

We ope!

Roeder out and Hucks back!

[quote user="Matt"]

Is Darren possibly the one of the greatest role models in the game? Reading  the article and many others before it, he continually refuses to slag people off, despite being given regular opportunities. Always talks of his family with huge affection, and mentions them with genuine thought in most interviews.  Never gives the impression of being told to say things or not say things by a stupid agent.  Still comes to watch us despite being shoved out the door in a most awkward and embaressing way.  Loves his football, loves Norfolk and loves Norwich City.

I hope the guy is exactly what it seems, and thats an honest footballer and a really nice guy.  Not enough people like it in the game.

God bless you Darren, whatever happens. 

[/quote]Thats why he is such a legend in my eyes[Y] We could sign Ronaldo tomorrow and I''d still hold Hucks in higher regard.

He is a hero , unfortunately  Roeder mismanaged the situation, as usual.

However, it''s too late for him to return, he will never be as good as he was just simply because of chronology.

Lets remember him as he was.

The biggest mistake any Norwich manager has made in the thirty years I''ve been a supporter, was Roeder kicking out Huckerby. The best player I''ve seen to wear the shirt.

Talk about ripping the guts out of a club. Get him back from the purgatory of the MLS and save the season!!!