Sign in to follow this  
NorwichRat

Trouble at Mill

I do not think people on here are getting the point.

The views expressed on here are from a very very small minority of Norwich Suporters who think they represent the views of the majority fairly....thats just arogant and false.

People who join in on forums jump on bandwagons from behind their keyboards.

The Truth is we are a middle of the road outfit and will always be that. Occasionally we will punch above our weight and get to the premiersip but we will never be able to stay their. We are not a big enough outfit to attract the amount of money its takes to keep u with the big clubs. Although Norwich is one of the finest Cities in the world it is not an attractive place to live and work for a lot od people so that limits who the club would be able to bring in even if it did have loads of dosh.

I have supported city all my life and remember standing in the old south stand 40 years ago with 40,000 others in the ground - it is a special place then and it is now. People on here talk of boycots and not renewing season tickets because of the way things are - thats a normal cycle in any clubs life - real supporters will stay.

Delia needs our help and support while she is trying to get new investement and backing for the club. Showing this support does not mean you back her but while it seems they are trying to do what we all want and get fresh money all these alls for blood will harm our chances and those with the money are more likely to hang around to get in on it on the cheap. The same goes for the administration thing - this would be a disaster from which we would abe never recover. We should do all we can to make sure it never happens.

Roeder out?? If we go down i agree - his job this year was always to try and stabalise the ship and stay in the championship. We are not down yet. If he left what would we get in??? Who the hell would want too!!!! and we cannot afford it!

I do not support the board or delia or roeder. I support NCFC and take pride in that but do think that people on here take themselves and what they say far too seriuosly.

This board is for ranting - when you see mass demonstrations and an empty ground that is when it is real bad - we are just in a bit of a hole from which i am sure we will climb out and once again enjoy watching  decent standard of football and carrow road.

On the ball city.

Great post and I agree with everything you say, people think we are a badly run club, but this club has had little to no money received in income over the last 15 years with exception to our one premiership season, but one season does not subsidise the other 12 we''ve had in the second tier of football, that''s why I think our board have done a great job in keeping this club out of administration and they will continue to do so, if that effects our playing budget then so be it, we have no choice! If people think we are badly run, then they need to take a look at people like Charlton and Southampton (just as examples there is plenty more clubs in the same boat) that have spent much more time in the premiership, and have received much more money than we have over the last decade, and yet find themselves with a worse team and in serious financial trouble. Whilst I do think the moaning on this board represent the minority of fans, I do think that more and more fans are getting fed up with what is happening, and I totally agree, but as supporters the only thing we can do is support out club through these hard times and hope and pray we get some investment. OTBC

[quote user="NorwichRat"]

The views expressed on here are from a very very small minority of Norwich Suporters who think they represent the views of the majority fairly....thats just arogant and false.

The Truth is we are a middle of the road outfit and will always be that. Occasionally we will punch above our weight and get to the premiersip but we will never be able to stay their. We are not a big enough outfit to attract the amount of money its takes to keep u with the big clubs. Although Norwich is one of the finest Cities in the world it is not an attractive place to live and work for a lot od people so that limits who the club would be able to bring in even if it did have loads of dosh.

I have supported city all my life and remember standing in the old south stand 40 years ago with 40,000 others in the ground - it is a special place then and it is now. People on here talk of boycots and not renewing season tickets because of the way things are - thats a normal cycle in any clubs life - real supporters will stay.

Delia needs our help and support while she is trying to get new investement and backing for the club. Showing this support does not mean you back her but while it seems they are trying to do what we all want and get fresh money all these alls for blood will harm our chances and those with the money are more likely to hang around to get in on it on the cheap. The same goes for the administration thing - this would be a disaster from which we would abe never recover. We should do all we can to make sure it never happens.

Roeder out?? If we go down i agree - his job this year was always to try and stabalise the ship and stay in the championship. We are not down yet. If he left what would we get in??? Who the hell would want too!!!! and we cannot afford it!

I do not support the board or delia or roeder. I support NCFC and take pride in that but do think that people on here take themselves and what they say far too seriuosly.

This board is for ranting - when you see mass demonstrations and an empty ground that is when it is real bad - we are just in a bit of a hole from which i am sure we will climb out and once again enjoy watching  decent standard of football and carrow road.

On the ball city.

[/quote]

and it''s just that type of defeatist talk that will help to keep us a middle of the road outift or "cute little old Norwich". One think I did agree with Roeder on when he first came here he said he was coming to one of the top 25 clubs in the country. That''s where I see us, which means that we may be a bit of a yo yo club between the Prem and the Championship, but we should be aiming to either be in the Prem, or at the least challenging to get back there, ie on the verge of the play offs. And if we had a reasonable level of investment in the team, good scouting system, good young players coming through then that''s where we would be. The whole problem is that the team has not been backed with money for players. The supporters cannot do any more, whatever our differing views are 20000 of us are prepared to buy a season ticket, but our support and ambition has not been backed by the Board.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="NorwichRat"]

On the ball city.

[/quote]

and it''s just that type of defeatist talk that will help to keep us a middle of the road outift or "cute little old Norwich". One think I did agree with Roeder on when he first came here he said he was coming to one of the top 25 clubs in the country. That''s where I see us, which means that we may be a bit of a yo yo club between the Prem and the Championship, but we should be aiming to either be in the Prem, or at the least challenging to get back there, ie on the verge of the play offs. And if we had a reasonable level of investment in the team, good scouting system, good young players coming through then that''s where we would be. The whole problem is that the team has not been backed with money for players. The supporters cannot do any more, whatever our differing views are 20000 of us are prepared to buy a season ticket, but our support and ambition has not been backed by the Board.

[/quote]

Spot on Barclay Boy,bloody spot on!

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]and it''s just that type of defeatist talk that will help to keep us a middle of the road outift or "cute little old Norwich". One think I did agree with Roeder on when he first came here he said he was coming to one of the top 25 clubs in the country. That''s where I see us, which means that we may be a bit of a yo yo club between the Prem and the Championship, but we should be aiming to either be in the Prem, or at the least challenging to get back there, ie on the verge of the play offs. And if we had a reasonable level of investment in the team, good scouting system, good young players coming through then that''s where we would be. The whole problem is that the team has not been backed with money for players. The supporters cannot do any more, whatever our differing views are 20000 of us are prepared to buy a season ticket, but our support and ambition has not been backed by the Board.[/quote]

I don''t think you know what you''re talking about. Of course we are a middle of the road outfit; look at the Premiership and how much each team has spent this season. Look at Wolves and Birmingham and how much each of them have spent. Look at Ipswich and how much they''ve spent. Burnley as well. We don''t have that money. We don''t have that calibre of player.  

We are not one of the top 25 clubs in the country, far from it. And whos fault that is hardly matters. That''s the facts and the sooner we acknowledge this and drop this common belief of our divine right to be competing for a place in the Premiership, the better off we''ll all be.  

[/quote]

Do they?  News to me.  I represent myself and nobody else. 

Perhaps you''re the one who''s missing the point.

[quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="NorwichRat"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Ahh, NorwichRat schoolboy error there my friend, never provoke forum types!Must say however for the most part I agree, but while I don''t think we are a mid table premiership club, we most certainly are a better club than at present. I''ll be renewing my season ticket, but can totally understand the anger and frustration most people on here feel, I feel it too!

[quote user="The Huckerby Delusion"][quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="NorwichRat"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ahh, NorwichRat schoolboy error there my friend, never provoke forum types!

[/quote]

Or, in other words . . . "make up your mind whether you want to make a genuine point or are looking for an excuse to slag off people whose views you disagree with".

Good advice.

[quote user="ellis206"]Great post and I agree with everything you say, people think we are a badly run club, but this club has had little to no money received in income over the last 15 years with exception to our one premiership season, but one season does not subsidise the other 12 we''ve had in the second tier of football, that''s why I think our board have done a great job in keeping this club out of administration and they will continue to do so, if that effects our playing budget then so be it, we have no choice! [/quote]Delia Smith has had somewhere in the region of £200,000,000 turnover to play with during her spell on the Board, hardly peanuts is it?The damning fact is that from this enormous amount of money, the kind of sums never before remotely available to anyone involved in running our club, she''s still managed to overspend and land us in huge debt yet the current squad represents just 2.5% worth of the clubs turnover during that period (and that''s valuing it at £5m). 

Are you having a laugh? Where the hell did you get £200 million from? We and every club in this league run on minus figures each and every season, there is no money in the lower leagues, and our season ticket sales don''t even cover our wage bill, how has Delia put us in debt?

[quote user="ellis206"] but this club has had little to no money received in income over the last 15 years with exception to our one premiership season,[/quote]

Thats why they have been able to spend so much money on tangible fixed assets!

There''s £6.4m tied up in the land and the spine road behind the Jarrold stand.

What about the transfer money from the sale of the Etuhu and Earnshaw transfers?

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

[quote user="ellis206"] but this club has had little to no money received in income over the last 15 years with exception to our one premiership season,[/quote]

What about the transfer money from the sale of the Etuhu and Earnshaw transfers?

[/quote]Ah, god bless the accountant-whingers with their big scary numbers and unsubstantiated factoids, where would this forum be without ''em ?

[quote user="ellis206"]If people think we are badly run, then they need to take a look at people like Charlton and Southampton [/quote]

And may I suggest people look at clubs like Preston North End and Burnley who have less resources than NCFC yet are able to compete much better than NCFC.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="NorwichRat"]

On the ball city.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well said Barclay Boy.

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

[quote user="ellis206"]If people think we are badly run, then they need to take a look at people like Charlton and Southampton [/quote]

And may I suggest people look at clubs like Preston North End and Burnley who have less resources than NCFC yet are able to compete much better than NCFC.

[/quote]So it''s fair to say that we are moderately run then ?  An average club ?  That would make a change from the usual claims Mr Nut.

[quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="NorwichRat"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well said Potless Percy. Obviously NorwichRat has not heard of Iceberg behaviour regarding complaints.

i think everyone is ranting and raving because they are very passionate about the club they support.

if this club is better run , as it has been in the past, the is no reason why this club cant be a decent premier team.

we have the second highest attendance in the championship , and more than some in the prem.

have beaten big teams in the past, we wernt punching above our weight.

teams in this division has spent less and are achieving more,

i agree with most people on here , i feel they have the right to feel  the way they do at the moment , if they didnt then obviously they are not true fans .

roeder need to go now , as ive said before he has left a wake of destruction in his path.

going down , or risk of it should have never been a option.

a bit of a hole... a massive hole... in division 1 with no players to our name...

we have nothing to build on , id say it looks pretty bleak,

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

Ah, god bless the accountant-whingers with their big scary numbers and unsubstantiated factoids, where would this forum be without ''em ?
[/quote]

Whats your problem? Don''t want to face the facts about the spend on tangible fixed assets that have nothng to do with football?

As for an unsubstantiated fact, well my figures are mainly backed by the source, e.g., NCFC Accounts, so you are barking up the wrong tree.

BTW a factoid is defined as an unsubstantiated fact, so how can you have an unsubstantiated, unsubstantiated fact?

Have a nice day!

I do not think people on here are getting the point.  Or maybe you don''t understand what forums are all about.

The views expressed on here are from a very very small minority of Norwich Suporters who think they represent the views of the majority fairly....thats just arogant and false.  So what percentage do us minority represent then?  I didn''t realise you knew every single one of us posters personally to make such sweeping generalisations about us as people (arrogant and false). [;)]

People who join in on forums jump on bandwagons from behind their keyboards.  How Ironic lol.

The Truth is we are a middle of the road outfit and will always be that. Occasionally we will punch above our weight and get to the premiersip but we will never be able to stay their. We are not a big enough outfit to attract the amount of money its takes to keep u with the big clubs. Although Norwich is one of the finest Cities in the world it is not an attractive place to live and work for a lot od people so that limits who the club would be able to bring in even if it did have loads of dosh.  We never used to be just a middle of the road outfit, the club has always had it''s ups and downs, and we could be heading for one hell of a down.  If you are happy to watch our once proud club languish possibly down another league then good for you.  There are supporters of 60+ years support and less who have seen more than enough and will not grace CR again.  And that IMO is tragic.

I have supported city all my life and remember standing in the old south stand 40 years ago with 40,000 others in the ground - it is a special place then and it is now. People on here talk of boycots and not renewing season tickets because of the way things are - thats a normal cycle in any clubs life - real supporters will stay.  So real supporters will stay eh?  We shall see just how good those supporters are if NC, god forbid, should be in a relegation battle.  40,000 was a good amount, but I was among a few thousand others (gates of 12,000) hardy souls week in week out, good or bad.  But there comes a time for some of us where we are sick to the back teeth of watching mediocre passionless players wear our colours. Sick of a board who''s motto was prudence with ambition, well the prudence has got us real far hasn''t it?  Ambition lol where? And sick of a manager who is sarcastic to fans and share holders, think we don''t know anything about football and thinks he''s above us in some way.

Delia and the board have had damn good support for 12 years, week in week out, home and away, 20,000 season ticket holders crammed into their seats at CR.  So how much longer are we expected to support a board and manager that is IMHO ripping the heart and soul from our club?  Kids don''t know whose names to get printed on their shirts because they don''t know if those players will be there for a season or just a few months or weeks.  I can''t gel to a team of players that aren''t ours.

There used to be a time at CR when you knew every player in every single way and could pretty much judge who the team was to be, now we don''t have a clue.  And that is very sad.

This board is for ranting - when you see mass demonstrations and an empty ground that is when it is real bad - we are just in a bit of a hole from which i am sure we will climb out and once again enjoy watching  decent standard of football and carrow road.  So you do remember also the half empty grounds that NC used to see eh?  Do you not also think if we were to be relegated (god forbid) that there would be demonstrations?  There is also a chance is there not that we could once again return to the half empty grounds, what do you reckon?

On the ball city.

[/quote]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

So it''s fair to say that we are moderately run then ?  An average club ?  That would make a change from the usual claims Mr Nut.
[/quote]

More like Charlton, Southampton and NCFC didn''t optimise their use of resources compared to clubs like Preston North End and Burnley.

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]Ah, god bless the accountant-whingers with their big scary numbers and unsubstantiated factoids, where would this forum be without ''em ?[/quote]

Whats your problem? Don''t want to face the facts about the spend on tangible fixed assets that have nothng to do with football?

As for an unsubstantiated fact, well my figures are mainly backed by the source, e.g., NCFC Accounts, so you are barking up the wrong tree.

BTW a factoid is defined as an unsubstantiated fact, so how can you have an unsubstantiated, unsubstantiated fact?

Have a nice day!

[/quote]My problem ?  I don''t have one, just amazed at the hoops you try to jump through to prove the shocking off-field expenditure with all your scary numbers (built over many years of spending of course), like prisoner with his 200 million claim !  Poor New Labour tactic at worst.If you want to discredit anyone at the club, all you need to point to is the appointment of Peter Grant - that would be enough for anyone.  But then no-one in any walk of life is completely blameless, are they Mr Nut ?  Anyone that is lives in a vacuum.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

Ah, god bless the accountant-whingers with their big scary numbers and unsubstantiated factoids, where would this forum be without ''em ?
[/quote]

Have a nice day!

[/quote]

My problem ? 

[/quote]

You do seem to have a problem with numbers! LOL!

£6.4m tied up in land and spine road or would the fans prefer to have had the money spent on the squad?

[quote]£6.4m tied up[/quote]There it is again, that big scary number you and your militant accountancy pressure group are so fond of.  Over what period has this big scary number been created ?  What fraction of a player would it have bought over that time ?As I said, everybody makes mistakes - the problems with forums like this is number geeks like you who never forget anything, and never cease to blame everyone with the benefit of 20:20 hindsight.  Much tougher to actually make the decisions than to blame people for the wrong ones.Enjoy your weekend !

[quote]As I said, everybody makes mistakes - the problems with forums like this is number geeks like you who never forget anything, and never cease to blame everyone with the benefit of 20:20 hindsight.  Much tougher to actually make the decisions than to blame people for the wrong ones.Enjoy your weekend ![/quote][quote]If you want to discredit anyone at the club, all

you need to point to is the appointment of Peter Grant - that would be

enough for anyone.  [/quote]Isn''t PG hindsight?