Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Zema abbey? going or staying?

Its your say, and try to explain your answer.

I think he should go because hes c*@p.........

he cant direct his headers
hes pritty slow
hasnt got a brilliant shot
bit lazy

but on the pluss side, he hasnt been given much chance due to his injury

what does anyone else think?

Poor Zema hasn''t had much luck, before his first injury I thought he was starting to show some real potential but I''m not so sure he can regain his earlier form after such serious injuries. What I do know is that Nigel is no sentimental fool and will not be afraid to make the decision when the time is right. The simple fact that Zema is still here and playing pre season means that he must still have something to offer. Keep it low

I think Worthy will make his decision based on a lot of factors - what Zema earns, what he brings to the club (as much as what he brings to the team) etc. I have always thought that Zema could have been one of the best signings this club ever made, but he has been so damned unlucky I don''t think we will ever know how good he could have been - he was raw when we signed him, and unfortunately still is........

I will be surprised if he stays personally, but not surprised if he gets another 3 months - depends who we bring in before Aug 31.

i agree templeton,

it does depend on who we buy; if we need cover worthy mighjt keep him but if we get 2 players who canplay in that position, as far as we can say abbey is going.

Even if he does stay he will be a bench warmer. If Mckenzie cant get into the side, as someone said in a different post, Abbey will not get in the side.

otbc

I was all up for giving Zema a go and was pleased when he got his 3 month contract. But now that that contract is running to an end I see little point in renewing in. He''s hardly set the world alight in the pre-season games. At the end of the day it''ll be up to Worthy as he has seen him everyday in training and will know if he can hack it.

If it were up to me I''d shake his hand and wish him well for future

I think he should go. At a time when we have had a mass clearout, I can''t understand why he''s still at the club. Someone on another message board says the club are treating him like a ''charity case'' - I agree to some extent. Easton and Rivers did much more over the same amount of time than Abbey, yet they were released without a second thought, it seems - I agree, Easton probably not upto Premiership standard, and Rivers probably doesn''t have the right attitude, although I thought he''d be given a go. Yet Abbey remains, and i''ve seen things like people saying ''give him a chance'' - hasn''t he had 2 or 3 now? And never really set division 1 on fire when he did, did he? (let alone the Premiership) If you look at it in that context, Briggs is now being released (well transfer listed - he''s not going to get a game put it that way) but has he been given a chance? No. A great prospect when we signed him and looked impressive when he did play, but has not been given a fair go in my opinion. Abbey''s been given another chance, has not taken it fully, and should go. I''m harsh, but I do wish him all the best for the future and hope he makes it somewhere - I just don''t think he can make it at Norwich.

does anyone know what hes getting payed per week?

On my latest championship manager edition he is on 4 grand a week. Although this is obviously a computer game, it has a very reliable database of stats and so this figure sounds about right

Good call Alex. you have summed it up well. Agree about Briggs - has never been given a chance, hope he does well in the future.

Zema has got a long term injury to his knee cartilage, the cruciate ligaments are fine. He will not be staying.

I think he should stay, provided that he''s on practically naff all wages. He won''t feature for us this year, but could spend a year in the reserves, rebuild his match fitness and be ready for the following year. We could be back in the Championship, we might have lost a player or two up front, and we may then need him.

I think he''s capable, when he came back last year didn''t he score a few before he got injured again. I think his stats for Norwich are 7 in 30 starts, which isn''t exactly hopeless for someone who has been recovering from injury most of the time he''s been here!

So I think, pay him very little, keep him and see how he gets on in the reserves. Maybe even loan him out to a Champ club during the season to build himself up and get a proper look at him.

Although, it does look like the writing''s on the wall and NW will let him go....

Hopefully we can get money for him rather than him goign on a free (then we can buy primus because "the whole package" will be affordable)

we need to make room for more players........

only if only...... damn it.........

Hmm, why is it we rarely (if ever) loan players out? Other clubs seem to do it more than we do, mainly younger players drop down a div or two to get experience and build them up. Strikes me as a way of saving on their wages (thus allowing a bigger squad) while not losing players who might make it but haven''t yet.

because we''ve never had a squad big enough to cope...

e.g lewis was needed on the bench last season,
shackell was needed when Malky got suspended
Henderson came in when Rivers was initially injured
and Jarvis was only ever one or 2 injuries away from being required

maybe this year we may be able to let one or two out though

He has to go...leaving aside his run of bad luck, when he has played he simply isnt good enough. He is supposed to be striker yet he strike rate is poor...31 starts for us plus 29 appearances as sub for 8 goals......he needs to drop down a Division or 2.

On today''s Pink ''Un site - Zema''s going to Boston on loan for a month to get some appearances / match fitness.