Sign in to follow this  
Temp the Revelator

International Canaries

My how we''ve moved on.....

Green (already called to one England squad)
Helveg (Danish captain)
Mackay (Scotland)
Brennan (Canada)
Jonson (Sweden)
Mulryne (NI)
McVeigh (NI)
Holt (Scotland)
Safri (Morocco)
Jarvis, Lewis, Henderson (all internationals at their respective levels)
Gallacher (Scotland)
Ward (Wales)
Bentley (U21 England)

A few seasons ago, you were lucky if we had one international in our squad, and you could certainly count them on one hand....! And that''s not to mention those who could yet get called up (Francis for Jamaica, Svensson for Sweden). Kinda makes you feel good, doesn''t it?

You beat me to it Temp, just typed up a similar post, not as thorough though, sent it, go back to the message board and lo and behold...............

Correct, Svensson has a few caps for sweden...A lot of people in sweden also wanted him in the squad for Euro 2004

Yes blacko, Svensson has played for Sweden, and is still hopeful of getting back in the squad, I was just thinking of current internationals! It''s ultimately possible Drury could force his way into Sven''s thinking, as could Hucks yet......that would only leave a few players who weren''t internationals - McKenzie, Charlton, Fleming, Edworthy etc.......

I Can''t see Drury getting into the England squad unless Cole or Bridge get injured tobe honest. My bet, especially now that Scholes has retired is that given a few early dazzling performances by Huckerby, he could claim the left wing slot

Wasn''t Damian Francis selected for Jamacia earlier this year? Not sure if he actually played in the end, as I seem to recall he was carrying a knock, so withdrew.

With a good start to the season Hux might be a Scholes replacement to support Rooney and Owen from the left? Ashley Cole is so good he doesn''t need much cover as Hux doesn''t do defending.