Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Show me the quote where Delia..............

I''ve been trying to sell an old knackered motor bike I''ve got in the shed for 2 years. Nobody has come forward and made me a decent offer for it yet. Does that mean I’m not selling?Maybe one day somebody with a real interest in that type of bike and with the money to restore it will come along and I''ll be laughing.What else can I do I can’t just dump it because there is no scrap value and it would actually cost me money.

[quote user="canariesaregods"]Why does she need to sell up, the problem is a lack of funds not a lack of leadership. You''ll struggle to find an investor whio has Delia''s passion for the club[/quote]

Not a lack of leadership?!?!?!, sorry were''nt her and her cronies asking for advice on ideas how to move the club forward at the AGM?!. Don''t make me laugh!

Passion, just beacause she flings her scarf around like a deranged being when we score oor occasionally token goal again does not mean we cannot find an investor who has as much passion for the club either does it?!

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]I''ve been trying to sell an old knackered motor bike I''ve got in the shed for 2 years. Nobody has come forward and made me a decent offer for it yet.

Does that mean I’m not selling?

Maybe one day somebody with a real interest in that type of bike and with the money to restore it will come along and I''ll be laughing.

What else can I do I can’t just dump it because there is no scrap value and it would actually cost me money.

[/quote]

Yet another poster who cannot refute my claim, and is unable to meet my challenge.............Delia is not selling up, be honest to admit it!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

And her old man say they''re selling up!

Its not there is it?

Oh, they talk about investment and finding investors, but all they really want is mugs like the Turners to come in with a million here and there.

If you really do believe she''s put our club for sale...........prove it! show us the ''For Sale'' quote..............I say it doesn''t exist![:|]

[/quote]

Very true Wiz !, although the usual suspects will try and ignore the facts in there cosy lil'' love in!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="1st Wizard"]Likewise with Delia''s 56 million pound asking price!

And still no one can produced a quote...............why?[:|]

[/quote]C''mon then wiz, you have made a statement, now produce a quote to prove it![/quote]This thread is about Delia not selling up.................not me. [/quote]Ok then wiz, just to clarify......

The thread is about Delia not selling up, for a figure of £56m which she didn''t state but you say she did.

You also ask for quotes where she''s said she''s selling up, but not quotes where she sets a price!

I get it now! Yep, bumble bumble, ho-hum, confused? nope, not me, hhhrrmph, cough, [8-)]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]If you were responding to someone posting the myth then fair enough but you just thrown a statement out and started rambling on like a sad old bloke looking for an argument.

[/quote]

I started this thread today Squit, because I''m sick and tired of gullible posters on here saying Delia is selling up..........when clearly she isn''t!

It needs to brought out into the open and not buried amongst some other subject.

[/quote]

What gullible posters, where has it been said?

Its OK I''ve found where a gullible poster said it. Earlier in December a post started by a ''1st Wizard'' said it and this quote from Mrs Smith was produced to prove the poster wrong.....

“If it was for the benefit of this club Michael and I would always be happy to stand aside because the only reason we are here, like you, we love the football club and want it to flourish and be a success."

I note that after this quote was posted ''1st Wizard'' didn''t reply.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]

Its OK I''ve found where a gullible poster said it. Earlier in December a post started by a ''1st Wizard'' said it and this quote from Mrs Smith was produced to prove the poster wrong.....

“If it was for the benefit of this club Michael and I would always be happy to stand aside because the only reason we are here, like you, we love the football club and want it to flourish and be a success."

[/quote]

They may love the football club and want it to be a success but the fact is they don''t have a clue how to go about achieving their aims and they never have had. One good season and another where we sneaked into the play offs on the last day and no cup run to speak of says everything about how bad we''ve been under their tenure.

I just hope they sell up rather than get someone in to paper over the cracks a la the Turners, we need fresh ideas and leadership from the top. Smith and Jones can do no more.

The problem with this message board isn''t the "immature juveniles"; it''s the immature adults who make it this tedious and bitchy

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]I''ve been trying to sell an old knackered motor bike I''ve got in the shed for 2 years. Nobody has come forward and made me a decent offer for it yet. Does that mean I’m not selling?Maybe one day somebody with a real interest in that type of bike and with the money to restore it will come along and I''ll be laughing.What else can I do I can’t just dump it because there is no scrap value and it would actually cost me money.

[/quote]

Yet another poster who cannot refute my claim, and is unable to meet my challenge.............Delia is not selling up, be honest to admit it!.

[/quote]Sell up to who you mental old fool. Go on who.

[/quote]

Seems all is quiet with 1st Wizard all of a sudden.  Unfortunately his passion knows no humility or reason sometimes.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]I''ve been trying to sell an old knackered motor bike I''ve got in the shed for 2 years. Nobody has come forward and made me a decent offer for it yet. Does that mean I’m not selling?Maybe one day somebody with a real interest in that type of bike and with the money to restore it will come along and I''ll be laughing.What else can I do I can’t just dump it because there is no scrap value and it would actually cost me money.

[/quote]How much are you asking for the bike? Showroom value or a price that fairly reflects its condition?

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]I''ve been trying to sell an old knackered motor bike I''ve got in the shed for 2 years. Nobody has come forward and made me a decent offer for it yet.

Does that mean I’m not selling?

Maybe one day somebody with a real interest in that type of bike and with the money to restore it will come along and I''ll be laughing.

What else can I do I can’t just dump it because there is no scrap value and it would actually cost me money.

[/quote]

I think motorbikes are too dangerous

I refuse to get into counter, thread changing arguements.

Many times I see posts which claim the club is for sale, or that Delia is selling up...............show me the proof of that, and I will shut up, see? its thats simple.[:|]

[quote user="The Prisoner"][quote user="Hardhouse44"]I''ve been trying to sell an old knackered motor bike I''ve got in the shed for 2 years. Nobody has come forward and made me a decent offer for it yet. Does that mean I’m not selling?Maybe one day somebody with a real interest in that type of bike and with the money to restore it will come along and I''ll be laughing.What else can I do I can’t just dump it because there is no scrap value and it would actually cost me money.

[/quote]How much are you asking for the bike? Showroom value or a price that fairly reflects its condition?[/quote]I want a reasonably price for it.  I don''t want £56 for it but I certainly want more than £20 I''ve spent more than that on it recently!

[/quote]

Am I not allowed tea now Squitty?

And where in that highlighted quote does it say ''we''re selling our share''? no where, thats where!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]

[/quote]

And where in that highlighted quote does it say ''we''re selling our share''? no where, thats where!

[/quote]

So what does ''Michael and I would be happy to stand aside'' mean in your view?

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not the same as Michael saying I am selling my shares now![:S]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not the same as Michael saying I am selling my shares now![:S]

[/quote]

Nice spin, you been taking lessons from Doncater?

I have to say I don''t often agree with first wizard but my fear here has always been along the lines he is talking. I think our owners are open to offers of investment but i''m not sure how keen they are to actually sell up and walk away. I also think the Harris thing was very convenient in that it emerged for the first time at the start of the AGM thus basically killing dead any line of questioning on the issue of what the board ae doing to attract investment.

I believe she also said that she and MWJ would walk away for nothing if some idiot came along who was prepared to put £20 million into the playing squad!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I have to say I don''t often agree with first wizard but my fear here has always been along the lines he is talking. I think our owners are open to offers of investment but i''m not sure how keen they are to actually sell up and walk away. I also think the Harris thing was very convenient in that it emerged for the first time at the start of the AGM thus basically killing dead any line of questioning on the issue of what the board ae doing to attract investment.
[/quote]

Thank God you''ve spottted this Jim, I wish a few others on here would!

You better have a word with Steve Downes in todays EDP, his report on Mr Cullum says

"Joint majority shareholders Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones have since turned to football deal maker Keith Harris to look for investors or a buyer."

You better have a word with Steve Downes in todays EDP, his report on Mr Cullum says

"Joint majority shareholders Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones have since turned to football deal maker Keith Harris to look for investors or a buyer."

[/quote]

The only official word has been ''investor'' Squit, still, nice try though![;)]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

''Official'' in what capacity? In your head? Whay haven''t you written to the EDP demanding a correction?

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

''Official'' in what capacity? In your head? Whay haven''t you written to the EDP demanding a correction?

[/quote]

And may i ask Squit what deals meant when she said at the NSG we had ''plenty of investment coming in''?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I believe she also said that she and MWJ would walk away for nothing if some idiot came along who was prepared to put £20 million into the playing squad! [/quote]Could you source this for me?

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Jim Smith"]I believe she also said that she and MWJ would walk away for nothing if some idiot came along who was prepared to put £20 million into the playing squad!
[/quote]

Could you source this for me?
[/quote]

i believe it was 10 quid