Sign in to follow this  
WeAreYellows49

Re: Oh where's the fan against fan thread gone?

[quote user="cityangel"]

Mods - Would it not be helpful if when a thread is deleted that we''re told why to save people asking on another thread?

[/quote]NO DO NOT QUESTION THE SYSTEM!!!! Sorry about that...

Beausant and king canary, get real.  Look at the facts.  Fox News IS far more fair and balanced than any other network.  Alan Combes is not a weak liberal, he is actually one who can debate his side of the case without resorting to emotion and weepy stories of one instance being used to push an agenda for the entire country.  I don''t generally agree with him, but I at least can respect his opinion as being sensible.  king canary, your blind hatred for Bill O''Reilly is impossible for me to overcome, but you have nothing substantive to say about him.  He doesn''t pretend to be middle of the road, but he DOES give his opponents a chance to voice their side of the story.  He only interupts when they start to spin, use emotion, or make their story look better by drifting from the actual facts.  Hence the subtitle for his program, the no spin zone. 

I ignored the old lie about Gore being cheated because he was not.  Not one recount had him in the lead at any point.  With that fact in mind, how was he cheated?  The Dems were trying all sorts of underhanded crap to get their way and the Supreme Court finally had enough of it, as did the Florida AG.  Claims of voters being intimidated were nothing but fabricated urban legend.  Do you really think a group of yahoos could go into a black neighborhood and keep people away from the polls? The stories are exciting but they are just that, stories.

Yah, Saddam kept Iraq together.  The Kurds found that out, didn''t they.  The UN was supposed to stop genocide but they didn''t do a thing.  The Kurds culture was very much admired by Saddam, wasn''t it? So much so, he had them gassed by the thousands so as to....... ummm, HUH!?!?!?

What is wrong with drilling in Alaska?  Tell me please, because I really want you to make a fool of yourself.  The animals like the pipe line the hippies protested in the 70s for the sake of the animals who would be destroyed by it.  You''re not a hippie are you?  I salute Sid Viscious on that front with his angry lyric, "Never trust a hippie!"

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

Beausant and king canary, get real.  Look at the facts.  Fox News IS far more fair and balanced than any other network.  Alan Combes is not a weak liberal, he is actually one who can debate his side of the case without resorting to emotion and weepy stories of one instance being used to push an agenda for the entire country.  I don''t generally agree with him, but I at least can respect his opinion as being sensible.  king canary, your blind hatred for Bill O''Reilly is impossible for me to overcome, but you have nothing substantive to say about him.  He doesn''t pretend to be middle of the road, but he DOES give his opponents a chance to voice their side of the story.  He only interupts when they start to spin, use emotion, or make their story look better by drifting from the actual facts.  Hence the subtitle for his program, the no spin zone. 

[/quote]For those who dont know Bill O''Reilly watch this and see if HC is right about what he says about himhttp://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3BAFb97L3KU

Houston,

It makes me sad that in logging on to a board supposedly designed to allow silly NCFC fans to indulge their interest in an absorbing but ultimately pointless sport I''ve experienced the mispleasure of reading your ill-informed, mis-guided, stupid opinions.

Firstly, Gore was cheated out of the election and was cheated out of Florida. I don''t feel any compulsion to justify this opinion to you; instead I''ve love to see you explain to me and the assembled readers how George Bush legally won that state. All yours, and good luck because I think you''ll need it.

As for Iraq, where do I start? Do you honestlyu think that this has been a successful American war? You invaded a country where there was no Al-Qaeda presence, killed tens of thousands of civilians, created a massive power vacuum which faciltitated fundamentalism, agitated the country''s neighbours (or neighbors) ie Iran, whereas just ten years previously you abandoned Iraq just as its citizens were ready to overthrow Saddam and attempt to establish democracy by their own terms in their own country.

As for Alaska, the environment surrounding both our polar icecaps is being irrevocaby damaged by global warming. Even Bush, a man who believes the earth is only 5 thousand years old (!!!!!!!!!!!!) has admitted to the existence of this phenomenon. It''s the ultimate irony that the area of the Earth that is most immediately being affected by global warming is now being drilled for more oil, which will produce more pollution, which will hasten the polar ice caps'' demise. This is not good for anyone, regardless of nationality. You idiot.

Unfortunately it''s people like you with your half-assed opinions and lazy notions that will probably finish this miserable species off once and for all. 

I won''t waste my time watching some youtube video that obviously makes O''Reilly look bad, because I have seen his show (the entire thing, not just some snippet) and know what I am writing about.  Anyone watching king canary''s vid, be sure to check out some of the others that accompany it so you can see how right I am.

As for the pants wetter Dion Dublin=Legend, I imagine he would be embarassed to have a wuss like you using his name for this page. That you are saddened to read something not football related on here lets us all know how out of touch you really are as well as how much of a wimp you are.   I so wish you were a Coventry or Chelsea fan, not a Norwich fan if you are that weak willed.

Of course you won''t go into detail about how Gore was robbed in Florida because I already stated the one fact that ends it, that there was no recount that had Gore leading. With that fact extablished, your whining is all emotion, disappointment and wishful thinking based,  not reality.  You lost, and you lost fairly. Get over it. Your hero has.  He''s gone on to make millions scamming people with his rubbish about global warming being caused by humans. How does he excuse his own wasteful use of resources while demanding everyone else cut back on theirs?  He plants trees.  Well, we''re not all millionaire who can afford to do that, are we.

Iraq and Iran were fine?  HA HA HA.  Are you serious?  What you are not is Kurdish.  The crap in the Middle East has been going on for centuries, but if a real democracy (other than the hated Israel) can be established there like one was established in the US 240 years ago, the idea is that it will spread throughout the region as people in surrounding countries see how much better it is than the disaster they have been living under since the days of Mohammed.  You hate Bush, but in 50 years when terrorism is rare and the Middle East is not a powder keg, history will celebrate him and ridicule the people who were opposed to such obviously good intentions and ideas. But to hell with those Kurds, right?  Saddam ran a tight ship.

Global warming is a scam.  The southern ice cap has been expanding for decades.  Parts have gone, but other parts have gotten significantly bigger.  Why don''t you do some research before jumping on board the latest "end of the world" threat?  If you''re so opposed to oil, what difference will it make to drill in Alaska?  We will get oil.  It''s just a matter of from where.  I''d rather we got it domestically.  Not drilling will only drive up the cost and make us more dependant on imports.  It will not reduce usage.  That doesn''t matter anyways.  To think burning oil can raise the temperature of the planet is obscenely egotistical of people like you.  Look at a satelite pivture of earth and zoom in until you can see smoke stacks.  Then tell me that they are increasing the temps.  Ha ha, it''s laughable.  We are too tiny. Get over it. And while you''re at it, have someone change your diaper, Nancy.  

Its the lovely video of O''Reilly yeeling at the son of someone who died in 9/11 for not agreeing with the war. Video is not making O''Reilly look bad he does that perfectly well by himslef. O''Reilly shouts down any dissenting opinion, and the guy in this interview was told to leave the green room afterwards as O''Reilly said he would hit him if he saw him.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]That thread contained some of my finest work! Damn you Wiz I hope your wand shrivels up and falls off [:P]
[/quote]

It did that years ago![:D]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Incidentally, the answer to this question is 90% likely to be "Wiz reported it to the moderators, who deleted it".  He has previous form in this area, e.g. on threads where he looks silly.

[/quote]

My chief suspect too, Mr C. Have to say that he''s gone down in my estimation after this afternoon''s events.

[/quote]

Gee, was I ever in it?[:|]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Incidentally, the answer to this question is 90% likely to be "Wiz reported it to the moderators, who deleted it".  He has previous form in this area, e.g. on threads where he looks silly.

[/quote]

Why be only 90% Chops? yes, I reported it, and I would/will again, ALL PM''s are just that...........private, regardless of who sent what where!

If someone sends me a PM it stays private, and I expect, no demand, the same integrity from other posters on this issue.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Mods - Would it not be helpful if when a thread is deleted that we''re told why to save people asking on another thread?

[/quote]My thoughts exactly! At least with the old modding ways we got told!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

My chief suspect too, Mr C. Have to say that he''s gone down in my estimation after this afternoon''s events.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually yes. I don''t agree with many of your views but respect your long term support of the club, and realise that you do have City at heart.However, to fail to respond to someone who takes the trouble to wish you well is churlish to say the least. I accept that Yankee broke the board rules by publishing the PM, but having been goaded into a situation where he felt the need to do so in order to counter YOUR accusations I can see where he was coming from.For you then to have a hissy fit and get the thread pulled was rather pathetic IMHO.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually yes. I don''t agree with many of your views but respect your long term support of the club, and realise that you do have City at heart.However, to fail to respond to someone who takes the trouble to wish you well is churlish to say the least. I accept that Yankee broke the board rules by publishing the PM, but having been goaded into a situation where he felt the need to do so in order to counter YOUR accusations I can see where he was coming from.For you then to have a hissy fit and get the thread pulled was rather pathetic IMHO.

[/quote]

Really Beauseant?..........I do have other PM''s sent to me you know, not just the one convient one sent by YC.

There is a serious point of principle here, anyone can send me a PM, and many posters do, confident in the knowledge that I won''t ever go ''public'' with it, I demand the same confidence back from them.

If I see a breach of that confidence/code, rest assured, I will report it.

I believe its vital that we do, otherwise, we may as well scrap the whole PM system as it will be pointless.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Really Beauseant?..........I do have other PM''s sent to me you know, not just the one convient one sent by YC.

There is a serious point of principle here, anyone can send me a PM, and many posters do, confident in the knowledge that I won''t ever go ''public'' with it, I demand the same confidence back from them.

I believe its vital that we do, otherwise, we may as well scrap the whole PM system as it will be pointless.

[/quote]

Fair enough. It was an unfortunate incident,out of keeping with the mood of the season. I have expressed my opinion, as have you ,so let''s move on. Merry Christmas Wiz

[quote user="Beauseant"]Fair enough. It was an unfortunate incident,out of keeping with the mood of the season. I have expressed my opinion, as have you ,so let''s move on. Merry Christmas Wiz[/quote]

Totally agree, a very happy Christmas and a safe new year to you too Beauseant.[Y]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wizard, it''s amusing to watch you try to regain some higher ground, unsuccessfully, as this exchange exposed you for the kind of individual you really are. Now you want to stand behind a principle that you claims gives you the high ground. You''re just a big phony. YOU were the one that compromised that principle by raising the fact that I had sent you a private message showing what kind of a "crawler" I am. Despite your lower class name-calling I had made no reference to the fact that I had sent you a private get-well message. Indeed, until your public revelation I had no knowledge that you had ever received a private message from me. However, when you attempt to tarnish my name by such phony revelations of the "crawly" private message I had sent you not only broke that principle, you showed yourself up for the kind of individual that you really are. Now, if you truly want to regain some high ground then behave in a manner that should befit someone of your years.    

Houston.... you''ve lost the plot

Few recounts took place due to the complexity of the 64 counties having different systems -

The twisted electoral lists are a matter of fact

Bush''s foreign policy was as much to blame for 9/11 as anything. You continue to bleat about 3000 lost lives yet never raise the issue of 3000 children dying EVERY DAY in Africa from Malaria alone

Global warming a scam? LOL

Sarah Palin - priceless

God bless America? What about the rest of the world? Cheers

Your opinions are what makes the world dangerous.

Get a passport

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Incidentally, the answer to this question is 90% likely to be "Wiz reported it to the moderators, who deleted it".  He has previous form in this area, e.g. on threads where he looks silly.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wizard, it''s amusing to watch you try to regain some higher ground, unsuccessfully, as this exchange exposed you for the kind of individual you really are. Now you want to stand behind a principle that you claims gives you the high ground. You''re just a big phony. YOU were the one that compromised that principle by raising the fact that I had sent you a private message showing what kind of a "crawler" I am. Despite your lower class name-calling I had made no reference to the fact that I had sent you a private get-well message. Indeed, until your public revelation I had no knowledge that you had ever received a private message from me. However, when you attempt to tarnish my name by such phony revelations of the "crawly" private message I had sent you not only broke that principle, you showed yourself up for the kind of individual that you really are. Now, if you truly want to regain some high ground then behave in a manner that should befit someone of your years.    

[/quote]Yep, absolutely.  Wizzy went public first with "crawlergate".  It''s also shameful how he calls on the mods when cornered to haul him out of his self-dug holes.  I''m embarrassed to support the same team as him.

the guy in this interview was told to leave the green room afterwards as O''Reilly said he would hit him if he saw him. - king canary

No, the video shows a snippet designed to make O''Reilly look bad. His is the NO SPIN zone, and when people try to spin gheir stories, he shuts them down.  Just the facts is all he ever asks for.

As for the but about O''Reilly threatening to hit someone, what evidence do you have of that?  Probably the same evidence as the one about the lady with the shaking plant who was told to leave her home before it blew apart and released all those dangerous spiders living inside.  It''s an exciting story, but an unrban legend.   The reality is, the classless behavior from media members is almost 100% liberal-originated, which only makes snese since the media is almost 100% libs.

So you show a snippet and then "back it up" with urban legend to "prove your point".  I assume you are not going into law school when you''re done studying my country, kc, because if you are, you will never ever win a case.  You would, however, make one hell of a diplomat.  While the  people are dying at the hands of a predatory dictator, you''re having lunch with his minions discussing the situation. Well done, kc. Nobody gets offended while the ethinc cleansing goes on.  Niiiiiiiice.

Your opinions are what makes the world dangerous.  IBA

Huh!?!?!  What????  It is tits like you who make the world a less enjoyable place.  It is diplomacy weiners who think the UN should handle all the problems, but what does that get us?  Rwanda. Darfur.  Cambodia. Viet Nam. North Korea. On the contrary, IBA, it is opinions like mine that keep the world from blowing apart in ethinc strife and whiny imagined "end-of-the-world- scenarios that ALWAYS turn out to be WRONG.  Just a few months ago, we were running out of oil, but suddenly it is back to $1.40 a gallon.  Supply and demand mixed with speculation, guy.  That''s all it was.  But I have not heard one whiner apoligize for that end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it lie.

As for the Florida election counts, you did not and could not refute my facts, could you?  No, all you can do is write a snarky comment.  The facts are on my side.  There was not one recount in which Gore was leading. Not one. Ever. Get snarky about that.

9-11 happened 6 months into Bush''s term as president, and had been building up for years. To blame him for that is just cheap. You know that, but refuse to let the facts get in the way.  The Islamo-fascists don''t hate Bush, who is a very religious man.  The hate the Godless anti-religious boobs that are slowly taking over western civilization. The US is the last stronghold of Christian values, and while you laugh dismissively at us for being that way, who continues to rule the world?

Global warming scam - lol.  That one more fine example of how you have nothing to refute up my facts so you answer with another snarky comment.  Idiots who buy into the "the debate is over" line are the dangerous ones.  When someone says the debate is over, that just means they have nothing left to defend their position.  The debate was over in 1942 when the concentration camps became death camps.  Jews are vile predatory sub-human leeches.  Oops, maybe they aren''t! But that debate was over, wasn''t it?  We are running out of fresh water.  The debate is over.  There are not enough natural resources to sustain our life style, the debate is over.  Eggs will kill you with high cholesterol, the debate is over.  Every one of those debates started up again when facts proved them wrong. Narrow minded suckers like you are dangerous, IBA.  Learn to think for yourself.  The Renaissance gave us that hundreds of years ago, so take advantage of it instead of buying into the left wing company line.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]
Yep, absolutely.  Wizzy went public first with "crawlergate".  It''s also shameful how he calls on the mods when cornered to haul him out of his self-dug holes.  I''m embarrassed to support the same team as him.

[/quote]

And I you Chops.

Rest assured, if PM publishing happens again, I will behave in the same way, and I''ll be proud to do so!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"] You''re just a big phony. YOU were the one that compromised that principle by raising the fact that I had sent you a private message showing what kind of a "crawler" I am. Despite your lower class name-calling I had made no reference to the fact that I had sent you a private get-well message. Indeed, until your public revelation I had no knowledge that you had ever received a private message from me. However, when you attempt to tarnish my name by such phony revelations of the "crawly" private message I had sent you not only broke that principle, you showed yourself up for the kind of individual that you really are. Now, if you truly want to regain some high ground then behave in a manner that should befit someone of your years.    [/quote]

Really ? so now you''re saying you don''t know when you''ve sent me a PM Yankee, that won''t wash pal.

And me a phoney? fine, you''re entitled to think that, but for 5 years now, you''ve ridiculed my posts and spelling, and attacked me whenever you could on the Pink Un.

So natually I view any sympathetic PM''s from you as hypocrital and phoney.

And I will not be swayed any other way that you broke a fundemental rule on Private Messages, no matter what your excuses are for doing so.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]You just got punked, Wizard.  He said he had not idea if you RECEIVED the email, not if he had written and sent it.[/quote]

Err don''t think so Houston, Yankee knew damn well I recieved it, especially as like a fool, I acknowledged it!![:|]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]blahblahblah, the fact is that there have been no terrorist assaults on America since 9-11 because Bush stepped up to the plate and did something about it, something his predecessors chose not to do.  [/quote]Homer: Not a bear in sight. The Bear Patrol must be working like a charm!

Lisa: That''s specious reasoning, Dad.

Homer: Thank you, dear.

Lisa: By your logic I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away.

Homer: Oh, how does it work?

Lisa: It doesn''t work.

Homer: Uh-huh.

Lisa: It''s just a stupid rock.

Lisa: But I don''t see any tigers around, do you?

[Homer thinks of this, then pulls out some money]

Homer: Lisa, I want to buy your rock.

I''ve stated my position and my beliefs, others have had their say too, so I''m now off to raise a glass or two of Jim Beam in sheer relief and delight of a vital City victory.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Houston Canary"]blahblahblah, the fact is that there have been no terrorist assaults on America since 9-11 because Bush stepped up to the plate and did something about it, something his predecessors chose not to do.  [/quote]

Homer: Not a bear in sight. The Bear Patrol must be working like a charm!
Lisa: That''s specious reasoning, Dad.
Homer: Thank you, dear.
Lisa: By your logic I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away.
Homer: Oh, how does it work?
Lisa: It doesn''t work.
Lisa: It''s just a stupid rock.
Lisa: But I don''t see any tigers around, do you?
[Homer thinks of this, then pulls out some money]
Homer: Lisa, I want to buy your rock.

[/quote]

That''s strawman arguing Evil Monkey. You''ll have to try harder, but before you do, try reading some American history produced by a non-partisan source before 2000. You might learn something. In many ways Bill Clinton''s lack of action, facilitated the conditions which allowed 9/11 to occur. Of course, Clinton can''t be held to account for what happened, in the same way Bush cannot. It''s far more complicated than that. But Houston Canary is on the money. In the short term, Bush has destroyed Al Queidas ability to undertake such operations.

This is one of the scariest threads I''ve ever read on here. I''ve met plenty of intelligent Americans, but none that ever came out so much utterly ridiculous and blinkered views on politics and the US role in international peace, or rather, the lack of it.I could go through HC''s points and pull them apart one by one, but why bother? It''s perfectly clear that it''s impossible to get through to someone with such laughable, outrageous and frankly offensive views. I honestly find it amazing that anyone can actually defend what has been done under the name of ''democracy'' during the Bush administration.As someone else said, you really need to get a passport and find out what humans think