Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Only 11 points off the playoffs!

And with the right signings in January, who knows how far we can go?

Its been done before, Crystal Palace I do believe. Signing Lita would be a massive boast as would Bruce from Scumsfield. So fingers crossed who knows?

PS. I''ve just had 4 glasses of the best cooking sherry ever...................that might have something to do with my positive stance today![D]

I really do believe that this transfer window will make or break the season. I''ve just got this feeling that we could be receiving a huckerby-esque Crimbo present in the shape of Lita this Jan. If what AW is saying is true, then It could be happening! I think there will be some other moves that could benefit us. Getting shot of Sibs and Kennedys (shame), and Henvilles wages could mean us getting another couple of key players in such as Bruce as Wiz mentioned.

Although, come the end of January we could be even worse off and pondering over what may have been (again!).

But, I''m feeling positive, so fingers crossed everyone!!

Plus merry Xmas to all, and a (hopefully) happy new year!

OTBC

Agree with you clipped canary. Adams had a call in yesterday saying Litas wages were 40,000 a week! Half by us half by Reading, now if he was willing to drop to 20,000 or 25,000 a week that Adams reckons he is going to want, surely getting rid of Sibierski who is probably on a similar amount, Kennedy and Henville, and maybe with the sales of Cureton and Chadwick, we could surely afford Lita''s wages (all be it with a tiny bit of help from a certain norwich fan/businessman, no... not PC!)

Merry Christmas fellow supporters, have a good one!

Not a chance Lita is on 40k a week, I reckon max he is on £20k maybe even more like 15. A lot of Prem players wouldn''t be raking in 40k a week.

I reckon we can afford Lita, and people have made more of the situation than is actually there.

January will be very interesting, and if Glenn signs the right people we could be going into the rest of the season very positively.

Glad you''ve been on the sherries Wiz, I like the positive side of you :P

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Its been done before, Crystal Palace I do believe. Signing Lita would be a massive boast as would Bruce from Scumsfield. So fingers crossed who knows?

PS. I''ve just had 4 glasses of the best cooking sherry ever...................that might have something to do with my positive stance today![D]

[/quote]

Must have had at least one eye of a toad in it!

Keep stiring the pot in the best Wiz way and hope you find the tanner in the Christmas pud

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Keep stiring the pot in the best Wiz way and hope you find the tanner in the Christmas pud

[/quote]

I think it did Butler, because I think we''ll beat Crystal Palace on Boxing Day too!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think it did Butler, because I think we''ll beat Crystal Palace on Boxing Day too!

[/quote]Who are you and what have you done with the real 1st Wiz?Happy Christmas and and even Merrier New Year whoever you are! [B]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hells teeth Wiz must be a rare sherry indeed.[<:o)]

I have to agree with the Wiz, 11 points isnt alot, especially if we get a good result on boxing day and against Forest!

This is a tight league again this season, another 13 game unbeaten run would put us right in the mix, and after watching some of the passing yesterday I can see what Roeder is trying to achieve with the current squad!

Charlton proved yesterday that the long ball doesnt work, and Doc was awesome, him and Omusuzi are great, Docs height and weight and Omusuzi''s pace worked well yesterday1

[quote user="No1 likes me And now Im unemployed"]

I have to agree with the Wiz, 11 points isnt alot, especially if we get a good result on boxing day and against Forest!

This is a tight league again this season, another 13 game unbeaten run would put us right in the mix, and after watching some of the passing yesterday I can see what Roeder is trying to achieve with the current squad!

Charlton proved yesterday that the long ball doesnt work, and Doc was awesome, him and Omusuzi are great, Docs height and weight and Omusuzi''s pace worked well yesterday1

[/quote]

Well I like you! [Y]

And you''re right, 3 straight wins can zoom you up this league, and this could happen to us soon.[:)]

Also only 6 points behind Ipswich too which could be 2 if we can get a point at Palace and 3 from Forest and they lose to Birmingham(h) and Derby(a)

[quote user="cityangel"]Also only 6 points behind Ipswich too which could be 2 if we can get a point at Palace and 3 from Forest and they lose to Birmingham(h) and Derby(a)[/quote]

If that scenario happens Angel, Magilton''s a gonner I reckon.[:D]

[quote user="cityangel"]Also only 6 points behind Ipswich too which could be 2 if we can get a point at Palace and 3 from Forest and they lose to Birmingham(h) and Derby(a)[/quote]

If that scenario happens Angel, Magilton''s a gonner I reckon.[:D]

[/quote]

after reading the text of his "RANT" i think he knows he''s on borrowed time tbh!!!

Trouble is, if they get a "decent" manager what will they do?

if we''re to make the play offs we''d need between 45 and 50 pts from our last 22 games, possible if we stay clear of injuries, find some consistency, glen makes a couple of good signings and we have some luck in a number of games from now and untill May, however even then it''s probaly too much in this league as it''s very difficult to get a run like we need going. I''ll be happy if we can get clear of the bottom 3 very soon and finish in a comfortable mid table position ready for a push next season after Roeder has made a few more additions in the close season.

[quote user="ncfc_chris"]

if we''re to make the play offs we''d need between 45 and 50 pts from our last 22 games, possible if we stay clear of injuries, find some consistency, glen makes a couple of good signings and we have some luck in a number of games from now and untill May, however even then it''s probaly too much in this league as it''s very difficult to get a run like we need going. I''ll be happy if we can get clear of the bottom 3 very soon and finish in a comfortable mid table position ready for a push next season after Roeder has made a few more additions in the close season.

[/quote]Maybe that was the 3 year plan we heard about when Glenn joined? [;)]

[/quote]

poor old wizard has had a visit from his old  now deceased footy mate jacob marley(who topped himself after 20 seasons sitting next to wizard in the old south stand), and the ghosts  of seasons past present and future, the ghost of seasons past took him back to 1959 when wizard was a mere lad, a rosey cheeked optimist on his way to the semi final with his rattle , the ghost of season present took him to delias restaurant  for the players xmas dinner putting on a brave face, with glenn at the head of the table  and tiny jamie ladds empty chair in the corner and no one allowed to mention his name.. the ghost of season  future took him to  a peice of desolate wasteground   with a carrow road sign next to it  and told him if he didn`t mend his negative ways then this would be the future..  only these events can explain  wizards new found optimism at this time of year  [:D]

mr chops i reckon you could write a bloody hilarious script based on that idea

[quote user="wayne kerr"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

poor old wizard has had a visit from his old  now deceased footy mate jacob marley(who topped himself after 20 seasons sitting next to wizard in the old south stand), and the ghosts  of seasons past present and future, the ghost of seasons past took him back to 1959 when wizard was a mere lad, a rosey cheeked optimist on his way to the semi final with his rattle , the ghost of season present took him to delias restaurant  for the players xmas dinner putting on a brave face, with glenn at the head of the table  and tiny jamie ladds empty chair in the corner and no one allowed to mention his name.. the ghost of season  future took him to  a peice of desolate wasteground   with a carrow road sign next to it  and told him if he didn`t mend his negative ways then this would be the future..  only these events can explain  wizards new found optimism at this time of year  [:D]

[/quote]

You have''nt done so bad yourself Wayne, I enjoyed that, ta............[Y]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="wayne kerr"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You have''nt done so bad yourself Wayne, I enjoyed that, ta............[Y]

[/quote]

I think Mister Chops has already got a title...he calls it"Crawlergate" and contains some of the following:

1st Wizard wrote:

YankeeCanary wrote:

1st Wizard wrote:

Houston Canary wrote:

You just got punked, Wizard.  He said he had not idea if you RECEIVED the email, not if he had written and sent it.

Err don''t think so Houston, Yankee knew damn well I recieved it, especially as like a fool, I acknowledged it!!Indifferent [:|]

Wizard is unhappy with what has been revealed about his lack of grace and character and persists in digging an even bigger hole. However, just so there is no misunderstanding ( which I suspect was Wizard''s intention  in his latest comment here ) there was NEVER an acknowledgement by Wizard to the private message I sent him. I was not seeking it or expecting it. The first acknowledgement from him was when he used that PM in the public forum to accuse me of being a "crawler", thereby not only opening the door , he threw principles straight out of it as well. Continue on Wizard. You may think you are engaged in the same old banter but it''s too late for that. Too many have seen you for what you really are. This may not bother you but it sure would me, or any self-respecting person for that matter.

Err, yes there damn well was Yankee! but I''m not as desperate as you are, so you can relax as I won''t be publishing any private messages, you know, the Christmas ones you sent to me on here!

And I find it funny, no hilarious, that the only people backing you, seem to be posters who already have a long history in point scoring against me

Whereas I appear to have the backing of the code of conduct. Were that not so, your publication of that PM would still be visible!

You avoided my comments of the five years of personal attacks from you I see..........why?............ I''ll tell you why? because it proves why I view any ''careing'' PM from you as hypocritical and suspisious, obviously I was not wrong.

And many of the original members of this message board will no doubt remembers those attacks from you and see you for what you really are! Crying [:''(]

You know Wizard, as much as I was tempted to just let this go, I will not allow you to besmirch my integrity. Your idiosyncrasies and views may be indulged, ridiculed, chastised or sometimes even enjoyed by posters on this forum, but when you lie you cross a line that very few will forgive you for. I made a statement that I never received an acknowledgement from you on a get well message I sent you this past July. I don''t care that I never received a response from you but I do care that you use lies to damage my integrity. Prove that you''re not lying by sending me a copy of your PM acknowledgement. Send it to me privately and I will apologise to you and let posters on here know that you were telling the truth. By the way, so that you don''t confuse others who observed this interchange, which private Christmas messages were you referring to. Can you give a year? We know it isn''t this one don''t we Wizard, although I see you conveniently left that information out. More distortion of the truth?  By the way, I note that after your last post this thread disappeared off the radar again. Did you also ask for it to be removed once you had what you thought was the last word?

Remember, Wizard, it wasn''t the hotel break-in that did Nixon in. It was the lie. If you lie to one person that''s bad enough. If you put yourself on record on a forum such as this you may think you can get away with it, but your word will always be suspect in the future.

If you can''t trust people Yankee, then you can always trust people to be themselves - to act according to character. 

At the end of the day a football forum is all pinch of salt stuff really.  And it''s taken me 4000 or so posts to realise that.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

If you can''t trust people Yankee, then you can always trust people to be themselves - to act according to character. 

At the end of the day a football forum is all pinch of salt stuff really.  And it''s taken me 4000 or so posts to realise that.

[/quote]

I realise that Blah but I would wager very few of us on here resort to calling others a liar while engaged in that very act themselves.

[quote user="we8wba"]

idiosyncrasies

surely you made that up? or should have a job on countdown

[/quote]

id⋅i⋅o⋅syn⋅cra⋅sy 

var interfaceflash = new LEXICOFlashObject ( "http://cache.lexico.com/d/g/speaker.swf", "speaker", "60", "18", "", "6");

interfaceflash.addParam("loop", "false");

interfaceflash.addParam("quality", "high");

interfaceflash.addParam("menu", "false");

interfaceflash.addParam("salign", "t");

interfaceflash.addParam("FlashVars", "soundUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fcache.lexico.com%2Fdictionary%2Faudio%2Fluna%2FI00%2FI0023400.mp3");

interfaceflash.write();

 [id-ee-uh-sing-kruh-see, -sin-] Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun, plural -sies.

1. a characteristic, habit, mannerism, or the like, that is peculiar to an individual.

2. the physical constitution peculiar to an individual.

a peculiarity of the physical or the mental constitution, esp. susceptibility toward drugs, food, etc. Compare allergy (def. 1).

So your penchant for hanging around other clubs fan sites and telling the supporters of other clubs that they aren''t as

good as "your Wolves" could be considered an idiosyncrasy, we8 [:)]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]By the way, I note that after your last post this thread disappeared off the radar again. Did you also ask for it to be removed once you had what you thought was the last word?

[/quote]

This is my last say on this subject Yankee, if I ask the mods to remove posts, I aways inform posters that I did it!

And far from damaging my image, PM''s and emails of support still continue to arrive for me. I am not going to continue an arguement, or send PM''s to a person I simply do not trust, or will not answer or address my points.

Maybe, just maybe, the mods pulled the thread you referred to because it had just become too arguementitive and boring for other posters to put up with!  [:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]By the way, I note that after your last post this thread disappeared off the radar again. Did you also ask for it to be removed once you had what you thought was the last word?

[/quote]

This is my last say on this subject Yankee, if I ask the mods to remove posts, I aways inform posters that I did it!

And far from damaging my image, PM''s and emails of support still continue to arrive for me. I am not going to continue an arguement, or send PM''s to a person I simply do not trust, or will not answer or address my points.

Maybe, just maybe, the mods pulled the thread you referred to because it had just become too arguementitive and boring for other posters to put up with!  [:|]

[/quote]

Whatever you have to say now or on any future thread, regardless of who supports you or not, has forever been tarnished. Those are the things one should learn early in life.

If we get Lita and Bruce, I would be happy, both players would be brilliant players for us on a full time basis. Maybe add another centre forward and depending on what happens with Bertrand and Kennedy, another left back and centre back to bolster the squad.

I think there is some truth in the rumour that Lupo will go and get a young replacement from Aresnal.