Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Submarine

Just back from the meet the board meeting @ Banham CC!

And smith must score.....you arent the chap who said he had come from Essex are you? Thats dedication!

Banham Poultry is in Attleborough.....so its not quite as obvious as it seems....Michael Foulger owns Banham Poultry, just for the link.

[quote user="Largey"]

And smith must score.....you arent the chap who said he had come from Essex are you? Thats dedication!

Banham Poultry is in Attleborough.....so its not quite as obvious as it seems....Michael Foulger owns Banham Poultry, just for the link.

[/quote]

Thanks for the info Largey. I drove past Banham Poultry but didn''t realise I was still in Attleborough.The sat-nav decided Banham Zoo was to be my destination but luckily Banham CC turned out to be not too far away.....

No, I wasn''t the chap from Essex. I live in Cambridgeshire.  

Nice, Attleborough is a good 5mins away from Banham though, so it must have been a big village ;)

Yes, BP is his family business. I believe he also financially backed the building of Banham CC.

Ahh Nutty the old memory is getting worse, never mind, I don''t mind repeating myself.  And (in joke for Old Yellow Bird before you all correct my grammar) this willalso give you an opportunity to make your point again that I like to retell my experiences as if it is some badge of honour!

Yes I''ve done the protesting bit (how I met Gazza) done the arguing at forums (how I met Smudger who has done it too), and debated at business lunches with directors and senior execs.  I think enough people at the Club know me and my views, and of course I have joined NCISA too where Tilly, Kathy et al know my views. Oh and of course I come on message boards where I chip in every now and then to say what I think.   So am I waiting on others to act ? Yes I am.

I''m waiting for the players to always play with the passion of the Ipswich game, I''m waiting for the coaching staff to actually get the right message across at Colney, I''m waiting for Glenn to learn from his mistakes and become a better manager, I''m waiting for the Club to bring in good experienced senior executives, I''m waiting for some new blood on the Board, and I''m waiting for more investment.

In the meantime I''ll keep reminding people with poor memories of these things.

Have a nice Christmas 2 N''s

[quote user="2dotsandawaxingcrescent"]

Ahh Nutty the old memory is getting worse, never mind, I don''t mind repeating myself.  And (in joke for Old Yellow Bird before you all correct my grammar) this willalso give you an opportunity to make your point again that I like to retell my experiences as if it is some badge of honour!

Yes I''ve done the protesting bit (how I met Gazza) done the arguing at forums (how I met Smudger who has done it too), and debated at business lunches with directors and senior execs.  I think enough people at the Club know me and my views, and of course I have joined NCISA too where Tilly, Kathy et al know my views. Oh and of course I come on message boards where I chip in every now and then to say what I think.   So am I waiting on others to act ? Yes I am.

I''m waiting for the players to always play with the passion of the Ipswich game, I''m waiting for the coaching staff to actually get the right message across at Colney, I''m waiting for Glenn to learn from his mistakes and become a better manager, I''m waiting for the Club to bring in good experienced senior executives, I''m waiting for some new blood on the Board, and I''m waiting for more investment.

In the meantime I''ll keep reminding people with poor memories of these things.

Have a nice Christmas 2 N''s

[/quote]

[|-)]

Anyway - I thought you "refused to respond to me anymore" [:|]

[quote user="Alex"]

[quote user="The Saint"]Does anyone know where I can get some sex?[/quote]

Have you tried Gordon Ramsay?

[/quote]

Cure fan hey Alex?  Good man [Y].  The new album`s excellent.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Alex"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Used to work for them. New album IS excellent, but Universal only seem to want to promote their ''pop'' acts over here. They did a secret show last night in LA at the Troubadour, mainly for the industry people out there....I bet Simon''s gutted he missed the X-Factor final haha. See you at the O2 in February [Y]

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Alex"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Used to work for them. New album IS excellent, but Universal only seem to want to promote their ''pop'' acts over here. They did a secret show last night in LA at the Troubadour, mainly for the industry people out there....I bet Simon''s gutted he missed the X-Factor final haha. See you at the O2 in February [Y]

[/quote]

Lucky you [Y].  Have heard they`re really good blokes.  Them, the Cocteau Twins and Pixies are the only bands i`ve consistantly liked pretty much everything they`ve ever done.......The darker stuff stands the test of time better though IMO.

Not sure about the 02 as judging by previous years it`s likely to be a short, hits-centred set.  Maybe you know different?

I just hope Bob`s threat on every album to call it quits never materialises!

Sorry for going way OT folks......[;)]

Hey Face. I have been waiting for most of those things you mention for ages. Seems we keep losing our coaching staff somehow! The academy team of 17-19 year olds have beaten Arsenal again. So, in my ignorance I can''t understand why some of them can''t be given a chance. And what was wrong with Hoolahan? Why isn''t he fit to play three games in a week and the rest are? I thought he was excellent against Ipswich and would have been worth a place yesterday surely?

Keep waiting for investment though! Does a manager ever both learn from his mistakes and admit that he has? We will see. Of course, neither of us have ever been near the post of England manager, so what on earth do we know?

I think too many fans were expecting miracles from Roeder at this point in the season, unfortunately that isnt going to happen (obviously!)

People were asking for an upheavel at the club, fresh legs and fresh faces all around was required. We now have that.

Personally, I feel the football this season is much better than last season, but what do you all think?

[quote user="Largey"]

I think too many fans were expecting miracles from Roeder at this point in the season, unfortunately that isnt going to happen (obviously!)

People were asking for an upheavel at the club, fresh legs and fresh faces all around was required. We now have that.

Personally, I feel the football this season is much better than last season, but what do you all think?

[/quote]my pre season expectation was mid-table, with a hope the team could over-perform and have a squeak at the play-offs - but alas, we have underperformed...

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

Its early days yet Nutty, the Worthy Out organisation were commenting on the bb etc for some months before NCISA organised that meeting to get a feel of what the public were thinking. If I remember correctly there was a vote, roughly 500 or so wanted Worthy out and only 2 wanted him to stay.

It will be intresting to see what the findings of NCISA''s questionaire are.

[/quote]

Sorry.. I hadn''t read this when I posted.

By the very definition of the meeting it''s hardly surprising that the vote was 500/2. Even though it was made plain that those who still had faith in Worthy would be welcome it was never likely they would turn up to a meeting organised by those who wanted Worthy Out. Do you believe that 500/2 was a true reflection of the whole fan base? I doubt it was ever that many to get Chase out either.

Why should the nCIsA questionnaire be a reflection of the fan base either?

[/quote]

Did you attend the St Andrew''s Hall debate - and voice your personal outrage and opinion - and protesting that Worthy should remain? No, I don''t believe you did.......Probably, for the same reason the keyboard warrior folk, didn''t go and protest at Banham.

[/quote]

You don''t believe right Mello... but the difference is that I didn''t spend months on here saying I would. [/quote]

Where have I spent months posting on this bb that I would protest?

":o)"  stated:

Dear Mr Nutty Nigel sir,

I''m still not sure what you wanted or expected from your "anti mob".  The fact is that a cross selection of people went to Banham and some raised their questions/views and some just listened. Some people didn''t go, and some people probably wanted to go yet couldn''t for some reason.

That is like in any other situation surely?

Oh and surprise surprise like what happens on message boards. 

I do find it interesting that anyone (from whatever viewpoint) gets so wound up about what other people say or write.  It is symptomatic of old age as through the ages people complain more the older they get.  See even I''m doing it now.

-----------------

Well said  :o)

:o) stated:

Dear Mr Nutty Nigel sir,

I''m still not sure what you wanted or expected from your "anti mob".  The fact is that a cross selection of people went to Banham and some raised their questions/views and some just listened. Some people didn''t go, and some people probably wanted to go yet couldn''t for some reason.

That is like in any other situation surely?

Oh and surprise surprise like what happens on message boards. 

I do find it interesting that anyone (from whatever viewpoint) gets so wound up about what other people say or write.  It is symptomatic of old age as through the ages people complain more the older they get.  See even I''m doing it now.

---------------

Well said  :o)

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I guarantee that the mood there at Banham - would have been somewhat slightly different if we hadn''t troshed the binners. The previous nights Watford result was certainly pants....But, as in politics, ''Banham'', is a ''safe'' seat......probably.

In reality, I don''t for once accept that the majority of NCFC support are content with the way things are occurring at Carra......But folk, just can''t be ar$ed in this day and age to protest anymore. After the full time whistle, I enter ''the lounge'' to watch Jeff Stelling, and monitor the  results and tables - I then head off straight to the pub for a beer and chinwag with my mates......Others wish to get home, have tea and await the X Factor. There are those around me that have been attending Carra for many a year, who like myself, are frustrated and flummoxed at the way we''ve declined since falling and failing at Fulham......We can air our discontent and verbally let our feelings be known.....There are those who have been attending since the Brum play-offs who, don''t really see a problem and are quite content to take their seat and accept what''s played out in front of them. But, nothing will ever change.....The board and the CE are ''in full control'' and are happy and most fortunate that the majority of Naarfalk Folk, are in my opinion, apathetic and accepting.

I await season ticket renewal time, (just over 12 weeks).....if we''re struggling....that''ll be the indicator.....And the only thing that''ll really make the board sit up and take notice.

If any fan folk think that those incumbents in power at NCFC - actually and truly care about us, the ''Carra Cash Construction Contributing Clones''?....."CUCKOO!".....

[/quote]

Very good post Mello Yello.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Your post sums up the consistent stance you take on here Mello and my comments were not aimed at you or fans like you. You always say that you reserve your complainin'' for the keyboard so fair play to you. My comments were aimed at those who continually claim they are going to let the board know their feelings and continually spurn their opportunities to do so.

[/quote]

Could you please name who you are posting about after all you have had plenty of opportunities to name them!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

My post was aimed at those who say that audible protests against the board are the way the fans should go. The ones who state that we should make Delias life uncomfortable so that she walks away. My point was that they continually spurn the opportunities that they are given to do that. 

[/quote]

Go on, you know you will enjoy it.......please name some of others (not 2dots).

Have a nice day!

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

My post was aimed at those who say that audible protests against the board are the way the fans should go. The ones who state that we should make Delias life uncomfortable so that she walks away. My point was that they continually spurn the opportunities that they are given to do that. 

[/quote]

Go on, you know you will enjoy it.......please name some of others (not 2dots).

Have a nice day!

[/quote]

Blimey Canary Nut... keep yer shell on mate [sn]

Go to that little search box and put in the word "protest" and see how many names you can find[:O]

You''ll find them ok but you''ll probably find they''re waiting for someone else to start before they join in and pretend they were there at the start. Just like you asking where to get the "Delia Out Stickers". I reckon there''s still room for you to move in and make them yourself if you get fed up of waiting for someone else to do it [:|]

As for 2dots...............

[|-)]

Nutty,

As you are the person who constantly refers to the people who want to protest but doesn''t actually name anybody the onus is on you to actually name the people you are referring to! After all you do seem to get your knickers in a twist about this protest lark. LOL!

Have a nice day!

Advanced Search Options

Keywords Use ''AND'' and ''OR'' to contain results.
Users Enter usernames separated by '','' to constrain search by.
Forums Hold ''ctrl'' to select multiple.

Show us yer stickers [:-*]