Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Submarine

Just back from the meet the board meeting @ Banham CC!

Its early days yet Nutty, the Worthy Out organisation were commenting on the bb etc for some months before NCISA organised that meeting to get a feel of what the public were thinking. If I remember correctly there was a vote, roughly 500 or so wanted Worthy out and only 2 wanted him to stay.

It will be intresting to see what the findings of NCISA''s questionaire are.

Do you think I''m not calm?[8-)]

Chill out Canary Nut...

Keep yer shell on[sn][:O]

Why do you think the current anti group are so shy[:$] and reluctant to be heard[:^)]

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

Its early days yet Nutty, the Worthy Out organisation were commenting on the bb etc for some months before NCISA organised that meeting to get a feel of what the public were thinking. If I remember correctly there was a vote, roughly 500 or so wanted Worthy out and only 2 wanted him to stay.

[/quote]

Sorry.. I hadn''t read this when I posted.

By the very definition of the meeting it''s hardly surprising that the vote was 500/2. Even though it was made plain that those who still had faith in Worthy would be welcome it was never likely they would turn up to a meeting organised by those who wanted Worthy Out. Do you believe that 500/2 was a true reflection of the whole fan base? I doubt it was ever that many to get Chase out either.

Why should the nCIsA questionnaire be a reflection of the fan base either?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

By the very definition of the meeting it''s hardly surprising that the vote was 500/2. Even though it was made plain that those who still had faith in Worthy would be welcome it was never likely they would turn up to a meeting organised by those who wanted Worthy Out. Do you believe that 500/2 was a true reflection of the whole fan base? I doubt it was ever that many to get Chase out either.

[/quote]

Did you attend the St Andrew''s Hall debate - and voice your personal outrage and opinion - and protesting that Worthy should remain? No, I don''t believe you did.......Probably, for the same reason the keyboard warrior folk, didn''t go and protest at Banham.

Thanks for your report back Sub. 

I think that Roeder''s public relations of late have done little to build confidence in fans.  I try to put myself in his position of being given little funds to play with and then being critised for a lack of performance by the fans.  I dont blame us for wanting more but I agree with Roeder that we will need patience as we dont (currently) have the funds to do more.

Glad to hear that his frustration didnt boil over this time.  Personally i think that the open culture that the club has will stand us well in the future - my only concern would be the level of spin they sometimes shovel out.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Did you attend the St Andrew''s Hall debate - and voice your personal outrage and opinion - and protesting that Worthy should remain? No, I don''t believe you did.......Probably, for the same reason the keyboard warrior folk, didn''t go and protest at Banham.

[/quote]

You don''t believe right Mello... but the difference is that I didn''t spend months on here saying I would. Every week there''s posts about how there should be protests, about how the board should be made to hear how those fans really feel. Everytime there''s an opportunity for that to happen, whether it''s the AGM, the next home match, Delia on the pitch at half-time or like this time a "meet the fans roadshow" nothing happens.[:#]

I think roeder is putting too much emphassis on Lupoli''s physique, You dont need to be a bloody buffalo up there, which he has proved by getting goals in rare appearances, just let him do his thing and goals will follow!!  he has the skill instead which will do the trick!! ( just like tht overhead kick in the Ipswich match in the last second [;)][:)] ) Seroiously though he will get us goals, I doubt Roeder will ever give him a fair run however

Good to see that the keyboard warriors turned out in force, you know the ones who spout crap that nothing is done and say the people are sheep.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

Good to see that the keyboard warriors turned out in force, you know the ones who spout crap that nothing is done and say the people are sheep.

[/quote]

"Run Spot run - run and fetch the stick.".....There, that''s something that will be familiar to what you prefer to read.....[:|]

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to give us that report YS, I''m no GR fan but your comments have tempered my dislike a little bit.

He does talk a good talk, that''s probably how he got the job, so don''t be too ready to take him to your heart. Best just wait and see how things pan out over the next few weeks to see if he maintains his credibility.

Again thanks for the info.

Dear Mr Nutty Nigel sir,

I''m still not sure what you wanted or expected from your "anti mob".  The fact is that a cross selection of people went to Banham and some raised their questions/views and some just listened. Some people didn''t go, and some people probably wanted to go yet couldn''t for some reason.

That is like in any other situation surely?

Oh and surprise surprise like what happens on message boards. 

I do find it interesting that anyone (from whatever viewpoint) gets so wound up about what other people say or write.  It is symptomatic of old age as through the ages people complain more the older they get.  See even I''m doing it now.

Whilst Roeder was briefly running through his summer buys, he picked up on Hoolahans apparent need ''to get used to a much bigger club and crowd''.

I agree with this point Roeder has made.

Personally I feel the players at other clubs may get comfortable playing in front of half-empty stadiums, whereas at Carrow Road the lads know they will have a 90%+ turnout every game, cheering/moaning at them throughout. Therefore the highs will be great, but the lows (moaning and groaning, all too apparent this season) will have more of an effect on players such as Hoolahan, who was used to playing in front of a 3 sided stadium!

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

Thanks YS for your report on proceedings last night. I was there too and yours is an excellent account of what took place. I intended to jot down a few notes on here myself last night but after a scary two hour drive home along freezing Fen roads it didn''t quite happen....

I''d agree with you that the lady at the front - Ann, the QPR supporter - seemed a bit unreal. At first I thought she might have been a Club '' plant '' as she was so ridiculously upbeat in her support of NCFC but she was a genuine fan although pretty much at odds with the thoughts of most other supporters there.

I thought the top table Club turnout was pretty good. In attendance was Roger Munby, Neil Doncaster, MWJ, Michael Foulger and a young lady who was to do with finance who''s name escaped me. MWJ brought Delia''s apologies. She was to have attended but couldn''t due to an urgent family matter. Roger Munby held things together well and I suspect the Board thought they would be in for a rougher ride. All the Club''s representatives spoke at some point but, predictably, the manager fielded most of the questions.

Glenn Roeder came across as a much more approachable character than described previously in the media. He did admit that he doesn''t laugh much as he takes running a football club very seriously. To my surprise he admitted that he''s made one or two mistakes with some of his signings and last night I felt that he was making a belated effort to tune in to us fans. Several jokes were cracked during the evening, and, whilst I would never say he looked at ease he was trying to portray a friendlier side. Our manager can never be described as a relaxed individual but I suspect he''s been advised to '' chill out '' a bit and it seemed to be working.

Reading between the lines I would guess that our players currently on loan at Luton don''t figure large in his plans as he only said they were doing '' OK at that level ''. I was surprised when he said he watches them play, on average, every other game. He emphasised the difference in class between Championship players and those in the lower leagues is more than people imagine. Those that thought importing cheap players playing at a lower standard would be the answer meant well but it was not the '' quick-fix '' some imagined. I thought most of what he said last night made sense and I quite liked the way he slapped down one questioner who called one particular player a '' beanpole '' , saying that the question was '' disrespectful '', and refused to answer it. At that point I thought Roger Munby looked distinctly uneasy as a stand-off beckoned  but the Chairman diffused the situation quite nicely and with that both parties climbed down and peace was restored.

I was the person who asked about Lee Clark. It did seem odd to me that the manager had at first publicly said that he had no knowledge of any interest in his assistant but then, only a few days later, the deal was all done and dusted. It certainly was not my intention to infer that someone was lying but curiosity is understandable. After hearing the manager''s explanation, and, after chatting to a Board member at the end of the evening I accept that even the best informed managers don''t always know what''s going on, particularly now that agents have such a strong hold on the game.

Perhaps the thing that depresses me most is that  football, like all sport is so impossibly optimistic. The constant '' glass half full '' mantra and the dismissal of all negative thoughts is as wearing to most supporters - except perhaps QPR Ann - as our supposed negativity must seem to the Club. It may be for this reason alone the Club and it''s fans are some way off rebuilding the trust we once had . That said my overall impression of the evening was that the Board are fully aware of the problems but it''s a slow, slow process in bringing about the desired improvement in the Club''s fortunes.

Perhaps the question to answer is whether the fans patience will stretch that far 

[/quote]

I agree with your post smithy. I Didn''t mean to imply that your quesion was about someone lying. Reading my comments back I could of phrased that a bit better! I thought you spoke well last night, you actually sat just in front of me!

I read soemwhere im sure that there will be a few more Meet the Board sessions, at Diss, Swaffham and Lowerstoft, this season.

Does anyone know any dates/times of these, or are they provisional?

[quote user="old yellow bird"]Great report YS, thanks for that. I live in Banham and was unable to go last night - but my other half went - and reported back an almost identical report.

He too was impressed with Roeder''s honesty. As I am the shareholder in the family, hubby didn''t go to the AGM - and came home last night quite surprised at how negative some of the fans are towards Roeder.

PS Glad to hear about the donors of the onions and parsnips - we are generous like that in this "quite rural" location![/quote]

Sorry if the rural comment caused offence! Banham acually isn''t that rural come to think about it, it''s just a pig of a place to get to! I''m a Slopham boy myself, I now live in Rickinghall though! Michael W Jones made a funny comment to Michael Foulger last night! He said something like " all this time we''ve been in Banham and I still haven''t seen a chicken!"

Cue the moment Michael Foulger reminds him that Banham Poultry isnt actually in Banham anymore...!

Banham really isnt that hard to get to, is it? Not from Old Buckenham anyway....:D

[quote user="Largey"]

Cue the moment Michael Foulger reminds him that Banham Poultry isnt actually in Banham anymore...!

Banham really isnt that hard to get to, is it? Not from Old Buckenham anyway....:D

[/quote]

Yeah it''s excellent B roads all the way! Try and direct someone to Banham and then you realise it''s not that great a place to get to! I''m not knocking Banham though, smashing village!

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"][quote user="Largey"]

[/quote] Yeah it''s excellent B roads all the way! Try and direct someone to Banham and then you realise it''s not that great a place to get to! I''m not knocking Banham though, smashing village![/quote]

Haha i guess you are correct!

Thats the club I play pool at, so I should know my way there....shame we didnt have a home match yesterday, being captain im sure I could have let Roeder have a game or two!

Doncaster looked like he was having a good night anyway, he was chuckling through a lot of it!

[quote user="barclay seats 48/49 "]Nice report..thanks for the time you have taken to write it. I am sad to see how easily some people are fooled , and how gullible it makes them look. Never mind the "worst squad" ,,,the present one has us in almost exactly the same position, Roeder himself said "Judge me in a year"......................Well I think that the results speak for themselves, he has been found Wanting, as are most of the players. Wake up !!! Roeder is a useless manager, Admirable quality self belief,,,except when you are always wrong !![/quote

It''s not a case of being gullible BS48/49! You cant expect a team that has had to get rid of 17 players to suddenly build a team with a heart and a core, it takes time. The signs so far. ie: Clingan, Bell, Hoolahan, Dejan- look promising. Put yourself in his position. He is looking at the transfer market at what he can buy, but he isn''t looking at the end where you can spend a few million on washed up premiership players is he? He has to take calculated gambles. a few pay off but the majority don''t. Even last night though he''s man enough to admit that some players have not worked out, but which manager gets every single transfer right?

[quote user="2dotsacircleandawaxingcrescent"]

Dear Mr Nutty Nigel sir,

I''m still not sure what you wanted or expected from your "anti mob".  The fact is that a cross selection of people went to Banham and some raised their questions/views and some just listened. Some people didn''t go, and some people probably wanted to go yet couldn''t for some reason.

I do find it interesting that anyone (from whatever viewpoint) gets so wound up about what other people say or write.  It is symptomatic of old age as through the ages people complain more the older they get.  See even I''m doing it now.

[/quote]

I don''t get wound up by anything people write. I enjoy posting on here, wouldn''t do it if it wound me up. I also enjoy going to watch Norwich, home and away as often as I can. It''s a good day out! Makes me laugh when people ridicule that phrase. Why would people spend so much money on doing something they didn''t enjoy? A guy I was talking to last night, a Norwich fan who doesn''t ever go, said it makes him angry that over 20,000 people do go to every home game. he said it wound him up!! Work that one out! I reckon there''s a few like him on here don''t you think?

The point I was making was that for all the hot air on here those who continually call for protests against the board continually spurn those opportunities to do so. Maybe you don''t agree with that because you''re one of those waiting anxiously for someone else to do something.

To quote my friend Canary Nut

Have a nice day 2dots [Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="2dotsacircleandawaxingcrescent"]

Dear Mr Nutty Nigel sir,

[/quote]

I don''t get wound up by anything people write. I enjoy posting on here, wouldn''t do it if it wound me up. I also enjoy going to watch Norwich, home and away as often as I can. It''s a good day out! Makes me laugh when people ridicule that phrase. Why would people spend so much money on doing something they didn''t enjoy? A guy I was talking to last night, a Norwich fan who doesn''t ever go, said it makes him angry that over 20,000 people do go to every home game. he said it wound him up!! Work that one out! I reckon there''s a few like him on here don''t you think?

The point I was making was that for all the hot air on here those who continually call for protests against the board continually spurn those opportunities to do so. Maybe you don''t agree with that because you''re one of those waiting anxiously for someone else to do something.

To quote my friend Canary Nut

Have a nice day 2dots [Y]

[/quote]

I hear what you''re saying Nutty, and agree, as i always tend to do with your posts. It''s probably fair to say that this particular meeting was short notice for many including the notesters, but nevertheless, ideal opportunity for them to get their points across. Perhaps it was because Delia wasn''t there, the easier target?.

I guarantee that the mood there at Banham - would have been somewhat slightly different if we hadn''t troshed the binners. The previous nights Watford result was certainly pants....But, as in politics, ''Banham'', is a ''safe'' seat......probably.

In reality, I don''t for once accept that the majority of NCFC support are content with the way things are occurring at Carra......But folk, just can''t be ar$ed in this day and age to protest anymore. After the full time whistle, I enter ''the lounge'' to watch Jeff Stelling, and monitor the  results and tables - I then head off straight to the pub for a beer and chinwag with my mates......Others wish to get home, have tea and await the X Factor. There are those around me that have been attending Carra for many a year, who like myself, are frustrated and flummoxed at the way we''ve declined since falling and failing at Fulham......We can air our discontent and verbally let our feelings be known.....There are those who have been attending since the Brum play-offs who, don''t really see a problem and are quite content to take their seat and accept what''s played out in front of them. But, nothing will ever change.....The board and the CE are ''in full control'' and are happy and most fortunate that the majority of Naarfalk Folk, are in my opinion, apathetic and accepting.

I await season ticket renewal time, (just over 12 weeks).....if we''re struggling....that''ll be the indicator.....And the only thing that''ll really make the board sit up and take notice.

If any fan folk think that those incumbents in power at NCFC - actually and truly care about us, the ''Carra Cash Construction Contributing Clones''?....."CUCKOO!".....

Your post sums up the consistent stance you take on here Mello and my comments were not aimed at you or fans like you. You always say that you reserve your complainin'' for the keyboard so fair play to you. My comments were aimed at those who continually claim they are going to let the board know their feelings and continually spurn their opportunities to do so.

Season ticket renewal time is an empty threat year in year out. Will it be different this time? Maybe so. And if so I for one will be pleased because I think 20,000 season tickets restricts the chance of attracting new fans. If we had even an 18,000 cap I feel it would be healthier and of course the club would make more money if they did enough to sell those 2,000 tickets casually.

But renewing the season ticket at the first opportunity is the best deal for those who want to continue going. I will renew mine in February so BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

You probably will too [:O]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Your post sums up the consistent stance you take on here Mello and my comments were not aimed at you or fans like you. You always say that you reserve your complainin'' for the keyboard so fair play to you. My comments were aimed at those who continually claim they are going to let the board know their feelings and continually spurn their opportunities to do so.

Season ticket renewal time is an empty threat year in year out. Will it be different this time? Maybe so. And if so I for one will be pleased because I think 20,000 season tickets restricts the chance of attracting new fans. If we had even an 18,000 cap I feel it would be healthier and of course the club would make more money if they did enough to sell those 2,000 tickets casually.

But renewing the season ticket at the first opportunity is the best deal for those who want to continue going. I will renew mine in February so BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

[/quote]

''You probably will too'' [:O]

Yes, I most probably will - as I stated many posting days ago, that I''m am so fortunate to have the readily available expenditure and finance for a season ticket......I won''t and don''t now travel to away games anymore for various reasons. But, I''ll leave it till the last possible moment for my next renewal......"That''ll learn ''em!"

I have a sneakin'' suspicion that there will be wholesale changes at the top at Carra - before the termination of this season....or, if not, the next.....or, the one after that......Or, or, or, or,............[:|]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

''You probably will too'' [:O]

Yes, I most probably will - as I stated many posting days ago, that I''m am so fortunate to have the readily available expenditure and finance for a season ticket......I won''t and don''t now travel to away games anymore for various reasons. But, I''ll leave it till the last possible moment for my next renewal......"That''ll learn ''em!"

I have a sneakin'' suspicion that there will be wholesale changes at the top at Carra - before the termination of this season....or, if not, the next.....or, the one after that......Or, or, or, or,............[:|]

[/quote]

There will be soon that''s for sure. Managers and players change every few years. The board change every 10/15 years. Every part of the club has a shelf life. It''s only the fans that last forever.

Nutty, nice to see you and Mello having a good old debate without handbags!

The season ticket debate is always a potential barometer of feelings. Sad thing is though, many of those who are disillusioned (for want of a better word) just haven''t got it in them to walk away. I would fall into that category. I simply can''t imagine my life without football in it and also (and this is the deciding factor for more than merely me) I have built up many friendships with lots of city fans who I would never see if I stopped going to football. Yes we have suffered many years of decline/standing still (depending on your viewpoint). It would take (for me anyway) something very grave to stop me going. Not sure what that is, though the loss of Huckerby and the way it was done would have pushed me close had it happened in February!

So yes, I will renew as I love the club and the general going to a game culture. As for letting the board know about my feelings, they are all quite aware of them Nutty, as I have spoken to all of them on many occasions. Nothing much has changed over the past five years for me (concerning the board). What has changed is at last we appear to have a manager who wants to build a decent team playing good football. Trouble is he''s a bit of a prickly character which makes it difficult to truly support him on a personal level. The board also have to get rid of the spin and take a reality check. Not every one of those 24,000 are fully supportive of them, they are supportive of the club and those two things are not mutually exclusive.

Good post Gazza but again my post wasn''t aimed at you. I know you have let the board know your feelings. I also know that you do "what it says on the tin" or what you post on here to be more accurate [;)]

My post was aimed at those who say that audible protests against the board are the way the fans should go. The ones who state that we should make Delias life uncomfortable so that she walks away. My point was that they continually spurn the opportunities that they are given to do that. Are they all like my old mate 2dots and just waiting for someone else to do it[:^)]

The handbags will be back soon [;)]

I agree with your post smithy. I Didn''t mean to imply that your quesion was about someone lying. Reading my comments back I could of phrased that a bit better! I thought you spoke well last night, you actually sat just in front of me!

No problem YS.

When I posed the question Glenn Roeder seemed to immediately be on the defensive as he must have assumed I was implying that he had lied. As it turned out I felt a bit sorry for him in that he''d issued a public strong denial that anything was afoot and then was left with egg on his face when it actually happened only a few days later! I think football agents have a lot to answer for.

I liked your very full summary up of the evening especially as it was past midnight when you posted. As I said in my earlier post I was intending to do something similar but after my drive home didn''t have the energy.

I''m amused by peoples opinions of the remoteness of Banham. I know nothing about it other than Banham Poultry are based there - pretty obvious - and it''s got a zoo. Must confess I still haven''t really got a clue where it is as it was dark in Norwich when I plugged in the sat-nav, and it sent me off down the A11 towards Thetford.

For a city dweller like me sat-navs have their uses but relying on one to guide you when wending your way on an 80 mile drive home bouncing along pitch black icy lanes I found reciting '' The Lord''s Prayer ''quite loudly to be a handy back-up......