Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Submarine

Just back from the meet the board meeting @ Banham CC!

Thanks for your report YS, it seems that a number of interesting points were raised during the meeting and honest answers were given. After the AGM reports I wouldn''t have been surprised if last night would have been a similar scenario but you have to give Roeder some credit for the way he handled it this time.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]So GR thinks Lupoli does not have the physical build for this league? For gods sake, he must have known that when he signed him, the boy was''nt new to the English game (or this league) was he!![/quote]

Exactly. Has Lupoli shrunk this year?

Was he put on too hotter wash?

I was at the back right corner, YS, so im not sure I did see you or remember you!

I liked the bit when someone asked Roeder about Histon showing passion, their defenders were doing everything imaginable to stop the ball going into the net.

Roeders reply was ''Thats the joy of the FA Cup. Histon wouldnt get 10 points in a season in League 1.'' Too true.

Glad questions were asked about Cort and Sadler, those were my top points to raise had I been there longer!

[quote user="Largey"]

I was at the back right corner, YS, so im not sure I did see you or remember you!

I liked the bit when someone asked Roeder about Histon showing passion, their defenders were doing everything imaginable to stop the ball going into the net.

Roeders reply was ''Thats the joy of the FA Cup. Histon wouldnt get 10 points in a season in League 1.'' Too true.

Glad questions were asked about Cort and Sadler, those were my top points to raise had I been there longer!

[/quote]

That''s hardly the point though is it?

Good feint by Glenn, I''d say.

OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Was there nobody there protesting[:^)]

Another opportunity missed as they preferred top stay at home in the warm behind their keyboards [:O]

[/quote]

[img]http://www.websmileys.com/sm/animal/1132.gif[/img]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Largey"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

But it is the point though. Can you argue with it?

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Largey"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, I beg to differ. This is the point............................ Passion.

Glen sidestepped the implication that the current City team were not showing consistent passion - and the giving of all for the cause every time. Do not most people agree that this is at the heart of our dangling in 20th place as Xmas approaches - rather than lack of talent?

OTBC

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Largey"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, I beg to differ. This is the point............................ Passion.

Glen sidestepped the implication that the current City team were not showing consistent passion - and the giving of all for the cause every time. Do not most people agree that this is at the heart of our dangling in 20th place as Xmas approaches - rather than lack of talent?

OTBC

Another opportunity missed as they preferred top stay at home in the warm behind their keyboards [:O]

[/quote]

Yes, there was a protest by someone who gave Roeder some parsnips and carrots.....to supplement the turnips on the board. 

[/quote]

Hmm Nigel anyone would think you actually want protests.  Surely the way forward is reasoned discussion :)

Which the likes of Smith must score engaged in.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]So GR thinks Lupoli does not have the physical build for this league? For gods sake, he must have known that when he signed him, the boy was''nt new to the English game (or this league) was he!![/quote]

Lets not forget that Lupoli does one important thing for a striker. HE SCORES GOALS!

Lets not forget that Lupoli does one important thing for a striker. HE SCORES GOALS!

[quote user="IBA"]Absolutely MY. I dont get too bothered by results, I like to watch good football even if that takes you down. I''ve huge admiration for Forest and West Ham who played some great football during their relegation seasons and didn''t resort to hoofball and thugs in midfield Results I can read in the paper, If I pay £25 to watch football I want to watch quality. a home game for me is a 300 mile round trip - I want to see a good game, not nick a result. I''m sick of that. I''m 51. Been to Wembley with Norwich 3 times, seen promotion and relegation. Had probably 15 season tickets. I understand the younger fans want the bragging rights of results, but the impatient petulance gets very tedious.[/quote]

I''ve been watching City since the 1960''s but I would like to see a balanced squad including some good strikers. It says alot about the club that a midfield player has to be played as a striker. Furthermore we  have to resort to a 34 year old (Sieb.) a 33 year old (Cureton) and a 38 year old (Dublin) in recent seasons. The club has had the money but not spent it on the right things.

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

But only if he actually gets picked and plays [:$]

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"]

• current debt; how it is managable, how they are renegotiating a current loan with a bank

[/quote]

Thanks for the report YS. Did they give an answer regarding the £2.5m loan (from the  Bank of Scotland) re the ex LSE land?

I think HBOS (Halifax, Bank of Scotland) had their vote today to receive billions of pounds from HMG. (i.e. us). So I wonder if that might help the bank to say YES to a rollover?

[quote user="GazzaTCC"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

But only if he actually gets picked and plays [:$]

[/quote]

We musn''t have a GOAL SCORING striker playing for us! LOL!

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="Yellow Submarine"]

• current debt; how it is managable, how they are renegotiating a current loan with a bank

[/quote]

Thanks for the report YS. Did they give an answer regarding the £2.5m loan (from the  Bank of Scotland) re the ex LSE land?

I think HBOS (Halifax, Bank of Scotland) had their vote today to receive billions of pounds from HMG. (i.e. us). So I wonder if that might help the bank to say YES to a rollover?

[/quote]

Oops, so they are still negotiating.

Nice report..thanks for the time you have taken to write it. I am sad to see how easily some people are fooled , and how gullible it makes them look. Never mind the "worst squad" ,,,the present one has us in almost exactly the same position, Roeder himself said "Judge me in a year"......................Well I think that the results speak for themselves, he has been found Wanting, as are most of the players. Wake up !!! Roeder is a useless manager, Admirable quality self belief,,,except when you are always wrong !!

It does concern me that we''re only one point better off and one place higher in the league than we were twelve months ago. At this rate of progress, I''m going to be a very old man before I see Premiership footy again !!!!! [:@]

[quote user="2dotsacircleandawaxingcrescent"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Hmm Nigel anyone would think you actually want protests.  Surely the way forward is reasoned discussion :)

[/quote]

Now then 2dots, I didn''t say I wanted protests did I?

I just wish those that want change would be more open. All we get from them is spin. Everytime there''s an opportunity to speak up and be heard they hide away and keep the board in the dark about their feelings. Despite claims to the contrary the current anti-board group are the least open anti group we have ever had. Chase Out made themselves heard for months and would never have let an opportunity like last night pass them by. Worthy Out hired St Andrews Hall to make themselves heard. This lot are so shy I don''t think they''d even say boo to a goose [:O]

An excellent report Smithy....as I have met you personally I will take the report on face value and am comforted that you can see there is a more human side to the manager. Perhaps words were said after the AGM...

I can understand the Lee Clarke thing. Let''s face it, if any of us are considering moving on we are not really likely to inform our present employers until we are pretty certain a new job offer is there. On this occasion I can believe Mr Roeder was actually in the dark re the proposed move.

I completely agree re your final paragraph re the club dismissing negativity or thinking it only exists in very small numbers. Alas it does not. Whatever you measure the glass half full or empty equation on, the facts remain that the club need to listen to all fans, whatever their viewpoint and not accept that although at present 20,000 plus fans attend at present, this may not always be the case.

Thanks once again for an indepth report.

[quote user="GazzaTCC"]It does concern me that we''re only one point better off and one place higher in the league than we were twelve months ago. At this rate of progress, I''m going to be a very old man before I see Premiership footy again !!!!! [:@][/quote]

You dont think the football is better?

[quote user="Canary Nut"]Thanks for the report YS. Did they give an answer regarding the £2.5m loan (from the  Bank of Scotland) re the ex LSE land?[/quote]That''s Nutty''s point CN, you ask that question time and time again on here so why didn''t you make the effort to attend and ask the board directly?

[quote user="IBA"][quote user="GazzaTCC"]It does concern me that we''re only one point better off and one place higher in the league than we were twelve months ago. At this rate of progress, I''m going to be a very old man before I see Premiership footy again !!!!! [:@][/quote] You dont think the football is better?[/quote]

The football is better - but is continually spasmodic, inconsistent - and fluctuating..... 

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Canary Nut"]Thanks for the report YS. Did they give an answer regarding the £2.5m loan (from the  Bank of Scotland) re the ex LSE land?[/quote]That''s Nutty''s point CN, you ask that question time and time again on here so why didn''t you make the effort to attend and ask the board directly?[/quote]

I have already asked the question directlty to the club and was hoping they may have been in a position to give an update.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="2dotsacircleandawaxingcrescent"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Worthy Out hired St Andrews Hall to make themselves heard.

[/quote]

I thought NCISA hired the hall and had a collection at the meeting to pay for the hire.

i think anybody who cares about NCFC should be very concerned right now - the club is heading for a very iffy period,,,certainly its financial stability looks to be more wobbly than at anytime since the present board came into being...

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="2dotsacircleandawaxingcrescent"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Worthy Out hired St Andrews Hall to make themselves heard.

[/quote]

I thought NCISA hired the hall and had a collection at the meeting to pay for the hire.

[/quote]

Is that not my point?

Those that wanted Worthy Out hired St Andrews Hall to make their voice heard.