Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana (All Grown Up)

Doncaster wants wage cuts in Champoinship!

It was on the back of the EDP this morning! he feels that there should be a maxium wage limit for each player!

there is not a link on the EDP site

but If anyone else saw it they will back me up!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glen roeder also after arsenal young ''gunn''

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/NorwichCity/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=SportNorwich&tBrand=edponline&tCategory=SportNorwich&itemid=NOED03%20Dec%202008%2017%3A46%3A53%3A467

If Doncaster manages to be persuasive and get this into place it could be the best thing he has ever done for Norwich City.

The salary cap is designed to stop clubs investing in players beyond their means. The league 2 cap in effect is up to 60% of the turnover can be used as wages. This obviously benefits the clubs with a higher gross cash turnover. I''m pretty sure NCFC must be one of the higher ones with the 24K every week, and recently streamlined backroom staff.

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/Sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED04%20Dec%202008%2010%3A01%3A39%3A153

He was on Radio 4 this morning debating with Peter Ridsdale about it and he got rinsed... He spoke about twice and Ridsdale threw his oar in loads of times. 

He clearly sees himself as a figurehead but he just came accross as a non-entity.

I would rather have Doncaster over Risdale any day of the week. It may not be fashionable but I still think he is a great asset to the club.

[quote user="ridgeman"]An overpaid underperforming CE. If Doncaster wants wage cuts implement it dont expect everyone else to do what you are paid to do.[/quote]

Can you please list for me the areas where he has underperformed? I''m not a massive fan of his, but just interested in other peoples views...

The criticism Doncaster gets is totally un-called for. Us fans just use him as a scapegoat when the XI players on the pitch are underperforming.

In my experience, he is always very approachable, friendly, and will answer any questions you have about the club. - How many other CE''s around the country would be willing to do the same!!!

Give the guy a break.

Back on topic - I think a wage cap would be a good idea.

Well I never! A few posters sticking up for The Doomcaster.

That guy will never be part of the flip-flop army. If results pick up Roeder will be forgiven, Troy Archibald Wotsit will be forgotton, Delia''s Barmy Army will echo round the ground once again. But Doncaster? Never has been liked and never will but that''s the same at most clubs I think, and he has a huge salary to compensate the lack of adoration from the fans!

[quote user="mickfoot"]I would rather have Doncaster over Risdale any day of the week. It may not be fashionable but I still think he is a great asset to the club.[/quote]

I wasn''t for a second suggesting Ridsdale would be a good choice for City - merely that he came out on top in the debate I mentioned. 

Its a bit like saying I would rather have a punch in the face than a kick in the balls... Neither are great.  Main problem with Doncaster is that he has presided over a fairly stark decline in the clubs fortunes over the last few years and so is naturally going to receive stick from the fans.

If he was running any other company I think the guy would have been history by now.

The job of a CEO at most companies is to make money... the job of a CEO at most football clubs is to make the smallest possible loss... I think he does a decent job, just isn''t the most charismatic of people.

We Want Worthy Back wrote the following post at 04/12/2008 11:59 AM:

The criticism Doncaster gets is totally un-called for. Us fans just use him as a scapegoat when the XI players on the pitch are underperforming.

In my experience, he is always very approachable, friendly, and will answer any questions you have about the club. - How many other CE''s around the country would be willing to do the same!!!

This is just my point he is very approachable the man is paid just short of what the prime minister is paid and the club is just about in the same position as the country is in. I have said before and will say again if you want someone who is approahable you could employ someone for a tenth of what he is paid. If he wants a wage cap implement it he is the Chief Executive perhaps other clubs would follow us and adopt the Norwich way.

As the CE I also lay the blame with him for the way Huckerby was treated he should have insisted Roeder made an announcement before the last game of the season.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]The job of a CEO at most companies is to make money... the job of a CEO at most football clubs is to make the smallest possible loss... I think he does a decent job, just isn''t the most charismatic of people.[/quote]

Does his answerphone have the following messages:

Press 1 for "we have no money"

Press 2 for "we have no ambition"

Press 3 for "please hand over all your money!"

Press 4 for .................

His wages are no more than other Champ clubs with a similar size. I may want him to leave as to freshen things up, ok more than fresh but you catch my drift. I do find him appraochable, but I would rather him be a sod and do the job well. We don''t need to bash on about his wages thou.