Sign in to follow this  
Bungay Canary

who has to listen to scummers day in day out

My folks live in Halesworth, I would say the town there would be 60-40 for Scum, but Bungay I would say was more Norwich than Scum, could be worse, I work in North London and work with a few scummers there, you can''t get away from them, plus the usual mix of Spurs, gooners and Chelsea muppets and have to listen to the ''Nice club but shit team'' everyday.

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]living where i do every monday is a nightmare scummers telling me how shit we are and how brill they are in the end its usually down to physical violence[/quote]

i have to manage several, so it''s very tempting to discriminate against them, however the City fans I manage tend to actually go to the game, whilst the binners are mainly armchair supporters, which no doubt contributes to their lower match day attendances [:D]

I know a few scummers. They''re ok though, they seem to appreciate our struggle. Even when they beat us we have good debates about football.I''ve got a horrible sociology class- teachers a scummer and so are two of my class mates [N]

I found Bungay had a lot of yellas.

In Bury I would say it''s 30/70 to the binners. Have to agree with Barclay Boy, whilst some of them are OK most are all mouth and never go to games.

To be fair I suppose that is typical of supporters throughout the land ie the ones who rarely attend games seem to hold the strongest (and usually wrong) opinions!!

It''s been said on here before but please don''t think that those of us from Suffolk can''t be yellas. I think you would be surprised how many are over the border - and proud of it!

My Dad''s side of the family are scummers, I''ve had an ex girlfriend who was a binner but that wasn''t too bad [;)], and my best mate is an Ipswich fan. I''ve got used to them by now!

I went to School in Ipswich. I remember one Monday after beating them a girl came up to me and kicked me in the shin - as if it was my fault! Probably something to do with the cheering and laughing in her face! Haha!

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]My Dad''s side of the family are scummers, I''ve had an ex girlfriend who was a binner but that wasn''t too bad [;)], and my best mate is an Ipswich fan. I''ve got used to them by now![/quote]

I''ve got a good mate who''s a binner. Proper as mad for the scum as I am for City. Good laugh for banter except derby days when we sort of avoid each other; otherwise it can get a bit heated. [:)] 

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]I went to School in Ipswich. I remember one Monday after beating them a girl came up to me and kicked me in the shin - as if it was my fault! Probably something to do with the cheering and laughing in her face! Haha![/quote]Colchester Canary hmmmmm. Has ''her upstairs'' finally decided to join us?

Thankfully not anymore Bungay, though having grown up in Beccles and having lived there for a consideable period I have to say the banter I had was okay, many of my old friends and I are still in touch and I also have made new mates with several Ipswich supporters. It''s all a good bit of fun. The "fans" that get up my nose are those who change allegiance by the season, one year, Man U, next Chelsea, then oh back to Man U again, never seen a live game....poor things. Beccles was always more yellow and green than blue and white.

Having lived just outside Bury St Edmunds as well I can confirm walking around there with a city scarf leads to some interesting conversations!

FAO Mcdougalls Perm

We can really annoy each other with our banter! Hasn''t been too bad recently though, but if one of us is angry after an awful performance, we always argue about if for quite a while. Saying the usual things like "19,000 at Poorman Road today, shocking really..." then he would come back with the usual "so, we are still a bigger club then you will ever be, just look what we have won. When was the last time you have won a UEFA Cup and had a World Cup winning manager?" I really have had to avoid him in the past few derbies, as he won''t live it down for the next month. I really hope that we can beat them in over 2 weeks time (where does time go!?) so I can for once have some bragging rights!  

Yep, continuously.  And what really irks me is that after a few of our recent defeats all sorts of non-football fans have crawled out of the wordwork to put the boot in.  Don''t get me started...Still, the Championship winning season and the double over them keeps me happy in time of desperation!

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]I went to School in Ipswich. I remember one Monday after beating them a girl came up to me and kicked me in the shin - as if it was my fault! Probably something to do with the cheering and laughing in her face! Haha![/quote]

Hey CC, welcome on Board, Colchester born myself, (cue chants of City, here, City there, City every -----where)[:D]

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]Who''s her up stairs?[/quote]A Colchester based Norwich fan whose  Colchester and Lincoln supporting father comes on here with tales about Bazza Fry.

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]

FAO Mcdougalls Perm

We can really annoy each other with our banter! Hasn''t been too bad recently though, but if one of us is angry after an awful performance, we always argue about if for quite a while. Saying the usual things like "19,000 at Poorman Road today, shocking really..." then he would come back with the usual "so, we are still a bigger club then you will ever be, just look what we have won. When was the last time you have won a UEFA Cup and had a World Cup winning manager?" I really have had to avoid him in the past few derbies, as he won''t live it down for the next month. I really hope that we can beat them in over 2 weeks time (where does time go!?) so I can for once have some bragging rights!  

[/quote]

Sounds hilariously familiar! We really have been best mates for years but some of the things I''ve called him after derby games ... really out of order stuff, lol! 

He was as bad, mind you, after the game Huckerby won for us at Poorman Rd and the ''top of the league at Portman Rd''. We haven''t spoken for ages after some of them.   

How mature! [:D]

Live in Colchester now - but born in your region (Halesworth).

Got off train at Colchester a couple of weeks back after the game to the sound of (cue the cockney/essex twang) "Essex, Essex, Essex"

Me and my scum supporting mate have a pact that after the derby matches whoever wins will not rub it in. Has held up suprisingly well.