Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Genuinely who thinks we're goin down?

If we don''t go down it will be very tight I fear!

Doncaster look odds on to go down, Forest look poor but I think will improve and Charlton will get better under a new manager!

We will continue to struggle while the prick currently in charge of the team remains at the helm!

I feel very bad about it. The way it''s going now I feel we''re relegation material. We may get out of the scrap if we get some consistency, but for the life of me I don''t have a clue where it is gonna come from!

I honestly believe that with Roeder in charge we are in serious danger of going down. Well I believe we will go down.

It''s no good harping back to the Wolves game. That''s cluthing at straws. Wolves handed that game to us.

The loan options will be fewer come Jan. What is it? Only 4 more allowed. If I was Kennedy or the likes I think I would want out of here by then. He and others can do a lot better for themselves. 

I think Roeder is out of his depth and is being proven to be so. His track record is not exactly encouraging.

I hope that I am wrong.      

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]I feel very bad about it. The way it''s going now I feel we''re relegation material. We may get out of the scrap if we get some consistency, but for the life of me I don''t have a clue where it is gonna come from![/quote]

Exactly how I feel too, don''t know where all the wins are going to come from that we need to keep well out of a relegation battle.

i think we will sadly... We dont have the stomach for a fight and we dont have the quality.... i dont buy this rubbish adams spouts on cnary call that we are a playoff side.. we arent.. we are shyte and are exactly where shyte teams end up! Sadly unless investment happens i cant see us getting in the fighters and the quality to stay up....its going to be a long winterjas :)

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]despite all the talk on here and watching the abject displays both live(we weren''t that bad vs Barnsley but we were vs burnley!) and on TV, i still can''t see us in League 1, perhaps i''m too scarec to imagine it! wat do u lot think?
[/quote]

Given the state of the squad after loan deadline day, the impending departure of lonees & injuries etc - I thinks it is 50/50!

IF we survive, it won''t be as comfortably as last year.

The team reminds me of Leicester last year... no settled team, heaps of underperforming players and mercenaries, occasional flashes of form, big fan base and nice ground....unless we can find the equivalent of Ched to save us it might go down to the last day at Charlton.

Does depend a lot on the quality of loan players we get in January. Think we have 4 more goes, some to replace those we might lose and some brand new ones.

Not sure who goes back in Jan. Kennedy? Sibierski? We might be able to keep Lita if he doesn''t do too well otherwise he may be wanted permanently by some other club. That''s problem with Kennedy as well.

Before the injury to Stefanovic, I wasn''t too concerned. I thought - and still think - that the players we have are too good to get relegated, and certainly better than last year''s squad. If I had to choose now, I would still say that I think we are going to be all right. I look at this team and think it should be fine:

Marshall; Otsemobor, Kennedy, Doherty, Drury; Croft, Clingan, Russell, Bell; Hoolahan; Lita. That''s not a relegation team.

Marshall, Otsemobor, Shackell, Spillane, Murray, Croft, Russell, Jarvis, Lappin, Cureton, Martin. That''s a relegation team.

But the lack of cover at the back is really worrying. We concede far too many goals, and if Kennedy is injured, which is hardly unlikely, we are in real trouble.

The other issue is what happens in January. So far, Roeder has done well in the loan market, and I would be hopeful that we will replace the players who will leave in January.

But overall, do I think we''re going down? No. And I was right last year, too.

I really hope you are right - I agree that on paper we have a stronger squad, though I notice that Hucks, Dion , Ched  Fozzy and Tiny Taylor are missing from your 2007-8 relegation team. What worries me is that we had a 13 match unbeaten run where the 2007-8 team showed real guts fight and spirit, led by the 5  players mentioned above. I cannot see any way that the current squad could match that run or even get close to it.

I obviously picked fairly extreme teams to make a point, but I do believe that we are in much better shape than we were this time last year. Totally agree with you about guts and spirit, which was appallingly absent in those few minutes after half-time against Swansea. But then again, the Wolves and Plymouth away games last year were described as horrifically spineless by all who went, and a few weeks later we went on that run. So you never know. I am certainly concerned by the lack of leadership in the side. I thought Fozzy provided it last year, but he has been very poor this season. And Clingan, for all his qualities, went badly missing in those awful five minutes vs Swansea. But then again, there was lots of guts shown at Forest. The thing with this year''s team is that every time you think they''ve turned a corner, they hit a tree.

Absolutely, Forest last week reminded me so much of  Cardiff, Southampton, Scunthorpe, Col U and Watford away last season - real gutsy showings where they didn''t play that well but won/drew by fighting for 90 minutes to get the points to stay up. I feel we need one unbeaten run of maybe 7-8 matches to have a chance. Dion is such a miss this season, possibly even more than Huckerby. Even Jamie C contributed winning/equalising goals in 3/4 matches. Given that Lita will be soon gone, I just struggle to see who will be the ''new heroes '' for this season.

[quote]Dion is such a miss this season[/quote]

Not half! It''s unbelievable that people still insist on us not needing a good target-man.

Well, we don''t actually seem to be going up much at this moment in time?....If we carry on in our current form.....we''ll be in the mix of the mire, come May....[:S]

We''re down with Doncaster and one other. Last season the serious dross at the bottom allowed us to escape...by just three points.

This time no Huckerby...no Dion Dublin...no honeymoon period for this god awful manager...and no guts on the pitch.

Div. 3 here we come.