Sign in to follow this  
lobstercatcher2

Anyone else see this

[quote user="Count Chopula"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="Count Chopula"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Hang on a minute, so the Americans are stupid for re-electing Bush are they? Well it probably wasn''t the greatest decision in their history but who are we to comment?! Take a look around at the state of our country and ask yourself who''s stupid?[/quote]

Did anyone elect Gordon Brown?

[/quote]

You mean you allow yourself to be led by someone who nobody voted for? Even Hitler couldn''t pull off that trick.

[/quote]

Tell me about it.  For months now I''ve been posting on the unofficial Labour Party website message board heckling everyone not in favour of riots, looting and general anarchic rebellion, so I''m doing my bit.  It''s just all those sheep...

[/quote]

And I bet you were saying it two years ago,to......

Of course none of us voted for Gordon Brown, because in our political system, none of us could unless we are in his constituency. We vote for our chosen party''s candidates in our area, and then the overall winning party''s leader gets to be PM (slightly simplified but thats the general jist of it).

No wonder British politics is in such a state when people don''t even know the basic facts of how our government / voting system works.

[quote user="no. 6"]

Of course none of us voted for Gordon Brown, because in our political system, none of us could unless we are in his constituency. We vote for our chosen party''s candidates in our area, and then the overall winning party''s leader gets to be PM (slightly simplified but thats the general jist of it).

No wonder British politics is in such a state when people don''t even know the basic facts of how our government / voting system works.

[/quote]That''s bloody true that, I remember, I think it was the 1992 election.  I was at the polling station inside queuing to mark the slip,  I heard (i swear) a ''young person'' say ''eh? Where''s Neil Kinnock on here?''

[quote user="no. 6"]

[/quote]Or perhaps British politics is in such a state because the governing party can seemingly anoint a successor and change direction without requiring a fresh mandate from the people they are supposed to serve.  Happened with Major, happened with Brown.  Both are, frankly, toilet.9/10 for pedantry though.

[quote user="Titanic"][quote user="Count Chopula"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="we are rubbish"]Darren huckerby was voted best newcomer in the american football league,it was in the news of the world twice.I always thought americans very thick but they have proven me wrong on this one.Shame glenn(its not my fault its everyone elses)roeder couldn''t see that[/quote]

We have over 300 million people in this country. Which ones are you identifying as particularly thick, and how many of them have you actually met? The ones I know are not thick and, generally, wait until someone proves themselves to be so, as you have done here.

[/quote]

Start with the ones who thought Sarah Palin deserved to be a heartbeat away from the Presidency.

[/quote]

Take it a step further not only was George W Bush elected once he was re-elected. Now that is stupid.

[/quote]

not even close. They elected B movie star Ronnie Regan. Now that is scary! "Well if the students want a riot, let''s give them one" Right on Ronnie!

Just waiting for Houston Canary to post, on how wonderful the Unisted States is compared to every other country in the world.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

[quote user="Fuglestad"]There are millions of Americans who believe they have been abducted by aliens, the majority of these people are thick. It''s not that all Americans are stupid, it just so happens that stupid americans sound infinitely more stupid than anyone else on the planet.[/quote]

Are you a fan of Dylan Moran? I''m sure he said something similar to that in one of his stand-up shows.

[/quote]I am and he did. Busted.

[quote user="Count Chopula"][quote user="no. 6"]

[/quote]Or perhaps British politics is in such a state because the governing party can seemingly anoint a successor and change direction without requiring a fresh mandate from the people they are supposed to serve.  Happened with Major, happened with Brown.  Both are, frankly, toilet.9/10 for pedantry though.[/quote]Not pedentry, fact. By comparing British politics iwth American you are using a false model. Two very different institutions.

[quote user="Count Chopula"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="Count Chopula"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Hang on a minute, so the Americans are stupid for re-electing Bush are they? Well it probably wasn''t the greatest decision in their history but who are we to comment?! Take a look around at the state of our country and ask yourself who''s stupid?[/quote]Did anyone elect Gordon Brown?[/quote]

You mean you allow yourself to be led by someone who nobody voted for? Even Hitler couldn''t pull off that trick.

[/quote]Tell me about it.  For months now I''ve been posting on the unofficial Labour Party website message board heckling everyone not in favour of riots, looting and general anarchic rebellion, so I''m doing my bit.  It''s just all those sheep...[/quote]

Keep up the good work, Count Chopula.

quote user="macdougall''s perm

quote user="Stone Cold"]I thought John McCain was the candidate and Sarah Palin was his running mate so how could she have been close to the presidency ?

Do you understand what a vice president is?

Yes and unless the president is dead , Ill enough to not be part of the the decision making process or they invoke the 25th amendement ( Or which ever amendment allows them to vote on removing the presidant if they don''t think he''s capable ) then she wouldn''t have been in the hot seat hardly a heartbeat in my opinion ?

Darren huckerby was voted best newcomer in the american football league,it was in the news of the world twice.I always thought americans very thick but they have proven me wrong on this one.Shame glenn(its not my fault its everyone elses)roeder couldn''t see that

We have over 300 million people in this country. Which ones are you identifying as particularly thick, and how many of them have you actually met? The ones I know are not thick and, generally, wait until someone proves themselves to be so, as you have done here.

Start with the ones who thought Sarah Palin deserved to be a heartbeat away from the Presidency.

And there was me thinking she was running for Vice-President.

Before making a smart arse comment, it usually helps to know what you''re talking about.

Here, I''ll do the hard work for you and hope you and Stone Cold can both read.

http://txfx.net/2008/09/06/a-heartbeat-away-from-the-presidency-alternatives/

You sorry pair of twunts.

Just as well I can read and don''t also rise to petty insults but as Obama won by a landslide majority clearly means that the American public wasn''t that stupid to vote McCain and her in.

Its ok for everybody to be anti-American, but think about this...... The whole world has been calling America racist for years. In 2008 they appoint a mixed race president, something that we all thought was never going to happen until about a year ago.Now...... could you imagine the British, the Irish, the Spanish, the Italians, any European country appointing a non white prime minister? No, so who does that make the racists?This country also has its fair share of absolute numpties, so we have absolutely no place to label the Americans stupid. There are people walking around Guildhall and such like places that really should just be put down.I do have a little bias, as the majority of Americans that I know are from the generally very liberal and slightly Europeanised New York state.... as oppossed to the dirty south.... but we all know that every country has its fair share of people from somewhere three or four places back in Darwins theory of evolution.

"Now...... could you imagine the British, the Irish, the Spanish, the Italians, any European country appointing a non white prime minister? No, so who does that make the racists?"

1) Your use of the term ''racists'' in this context is a false one. Simply because something hasn''t happened doesn''t mean people don''t want it to happen. That''s an unproven correlation.

2) The American political system''s ''turnover'' is much greater than for example, the UKs. They have more political institutions, and they have much more regular re-elections.

3) The black, asian and generally non-white population in the UK is, shock horror, a minority. The law of averages and probabilities states that it will happen at some point, but that it hasn''t yet does not mean there is a giant conspiracy.

4) The nature of our political system means that people have to be ''in the system'' for longer. As the number of black professionals increases, you will see more black politicans etc etc. Unfortunately, many more black youths consider ''P Diddy'' or ''Dr Dre'' to be better role models than say, Winston Churchill. I won;t even bother going into statistics regarding crime committed by ethnicity, but I''m sure you catch my drift.