Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

Does anybody want us to win tomorrow?

[quote user="10 Bryceland"]

I want us to win and I will be there cheering as always.  One fundamental point that appears to be missing on this tread is that it is thew performances on the pitch that has got us in this situation.  We keep reading in the press that the players are too good to be in this position.  the players also repeat ad nauseum that they owe the fans and manager a debt and are going to repay it.  Well let us see that starting tomorrow then.

What is going on off the pitch is a different matter.  What ever our feelings we have no money, we have the Glen Roeder management team and the Delia Smith boardroom.  No business worth its salt conducts its busness in public.  This forum now seems to consist of those who either don''t believe anything comming from Carrow Road, unless it fits in with their own views, Those who think that silence masks any number of conspiracies, and those that unrealistically call for unknown benefactors to give us millions of pounds.  Get real chaps, lets make the best of what we have got and be constructive and positive.  Starting with supporting tomorrow and then buying all your Christmas presents from the club shop, organising your Christmas meals at Delia''s and booking your summer holidays through Canary Travel before buying more shares and putting all your surplus cash into your Norwich and Peterborough Canary account.  Then re-new your season ticket.

[/quote]

Yawn, Yawn... Come on Preston... lol [:D]

[quote user="Prudence"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="TCF"]

A surprisingly good post this one Beaseant. But fundermentally what you are saying is that the fans should hope for and more importantly do nothing. This isnt the way to get out of the hole we are in. Let me tell you why........

I dont think you realise the importance of tmos game. It is entirely unique to any other game this season. A dissapointing performance coupled with defeat would almost certainly trigger those all those fickle dormant fans who, for some reason or another, have remained optimistic about a club that is clearly going nowhere. For the first time boos would ring out around Carrow Road, and they would be louder and more directed than ever before. Delia would get the hair dryer treatment from a united 20k fans and finally get it into her head that her time is up, that her presence in the boardroom is detremntal to the future of the club. If we boo loudly enough she will eventually get the message.

You say the only way to remove Delia is for someone to buy her out? I have to disagree. Delia is more than capable of jumping ship (life jacket intact) but she is choosing to walk the plank. You must remember that if Delia departs, Cullum will almost certainly arrive. Delia is holding the club back.

I, like most other fans used to love Delia when she arrived. She provided good coverage and breathed fresh life into a club that had started to go stale. However since her half time episode against Man City, she has clearly lost the plot. Maybe the poor dear is finally reached that age, I dont know, but lets not ignore the fact that she is a little slow and delirious any longer. Its not just her finacial dealings, its the facade she creates which veneers the club that causes just as much damage. We have become a joke to other clubs. To put this straight she has to go now.

[/quote]

Thank you, I always enjoy being patronised!

On what basis do you make the highlighted statement? What happens if Delia walks and Cullum doesn''t arrive? Perhaps you could set out your contingency plan if that happens, as I''m sure you will have thought it through? After all, if you don''t have one that would look dangerously like the blind faith I referred to in my original post......

[/quote]Delia cant just walk. She needs somebody to buy her out.[/quote]

Buy her out, walk, whatever. What she needs to do is cut her loses and accept Cullums offer. She invested into the club blindly, she must have known that it was high risk when she did it. She somehow achieved relative success early on. Maybe because she didnt neglect the team so much when she first arrived. But over time the boardroom, for some reason or another, decided that money wasnt required to achieve success. THIS IS THE REASON WE ARE STARING AT RELEGATION.

Dont pity her, its football. If a person decides to invest in a football club, and effectively control it that person must to be prepared to lose money and take the blame. Delia has f#cked up big time with this club of late, she was never prepared to make the finacial commitment required to make any real impact and now because the team is constantly underachieving she has to pay the price. She took a gamble that initially paid off, but later went tits up. Not a nice situation to be in but hey, thats life. If I went into a bookies and blew my wage packet on one nag, would you have sympathy for me? No you wouldnt. Her piss poor boardroom manner/shananigans have ruined the inner sanctuary of the club. Even if she left now and cut her losses I would still consider her the reason our poor club has declined so badly over the last three years. She is holding out for money, she is effectively holding the club for ransom. She wants to reclaim all the money which she put into the club. She doesnt think any of the recent failure is her fault. She is quite simply delirious.

I just can''t understand these ''fans'' who want city to lose a game, in the same way really that I can''t understand all this dis-like of the man who saved us from League 1 last season.

I went to the Worthington Out protests, but never did I want city to lose (although I admit I did give an ironic cheer to Burnley''s 3rd and 4th goals against us that fatal day 2 years ago!).

[quote user="C T"]

I hope now that people can understand my views and why i felt the reasons to post my ''i want preston to win'' thread.

[/quote]

No, you''re still an idiot.

Its really dis-heartening reading some of the posts on here this week (more than other weeks). People have the right to voice their opinions, including CT and Wizard, but to read comments like ''I hope Norwich lose''...''it will be for the best if Norwich get relegated''... etc etc is so far removed from supporting the club as you will ever hear.

I am not happy with the way things are going both on and off the pitch, yet I am a supporter of the team. It is a team effort on and off the pitch. The fans have as much to give as the players. I will support Norwich City tomorrow, I will support them every game I go to this season, and I will still support them whatever the outcome at the end. To all of the people who have posted this week, please leave the negativity to the forums/message boards,letters to the EDP/NCFC board, chatter down the pub etc etc but do not direct it on to the pitch come Saturday or any other game. It does not help a struggling team to get on their backs. It is when you are down that you need the most support.

On the ball City.

[quote user="Smudger"]

and this differs from the way Watling and then took Chases shares off his hands how exactly???

How long did they wait while Chase was taking stick left right and centre before they stepped in???

Could you please remind me again?

They were life long fans of the club with the clubs best interests at heart too weren''t they??? [8-)] [:$]

[/quote]

They had rather more claim to that description than a man who played for the youth team (and got rejected as not good enough) several decades ago,and who has attended a handful of matches in the past,so I don''t really see your point.

Oh,and if you want to disagree with two parts of my post, do you really need to use two separate posts to do so.Still, gets the old post count up, doesn''t it? [:D]

I never want NCFC to lose, however the downside of a win tomorow will be some complete t*sser posting on here stuff like "where are all the anti''s now" or "Norwich 2 PNE 1, says more than a thousand words to the anti brigade", or "we''re now on course for the play offs" or some other complete garbage. But I would still rather have that than a defeat.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]i HopE iPSwIcH LOsE......[/quote]

No you bloody don''t you binner [;)]

[/quote]

Damn....scuppered![:@]

Blimey Mello, I never realised that Chris was you all along![;)]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

I is one of ''Them'' that have many tall ants......

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

I never want NCFC to lose, however the downside of a win tomorow will be some complete t*sser posting on here stuff like "where are all the anti''s now" or "Norwich 2 PNE 1, says more than a thousand words to the anti brigade", or "we''re now on course for the play offs" or some other complete garbage. But I would still rather have that than a defeat.

[/quote]

Excellent post Barclay Boy

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]One of them ?  You mean, like a gayer ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

One of them ?  You mean, like a gayer ?
[/quote]

"THEM" was actually a scary film from years ago - about mutant giant ants (tall ants) that invaded an American city after a nuclear test in the desert.....I''m not sure if those giant ants, were gayer?.....I know that male seahorses can have babies. FACT!

Are you a giant ant? I have an ant that was quite big, she was taller than her hubby, my pint-sized Uncle Tommy (and she had a better moustache than him). That''s anthill she aged a bit - and then she shrunk somewhat....But, she''s still quite a big ant of mine, and has now got quite an impressive beard.....Uncle Tommy now shaves his legs and wears my big ants skirts and blouses and looks quite silly as he puts his lipstick on a bit wonky....I think it''s got something to do with when he was in the military and was sent to Christmas Island in the fifties - where he was told he was going to see Santa....but all he saw was a blinding flash, intense heat and felt a big shock-wave. No sign of Santa, no Carol singing and no sign of a fir tree, tinsel, decorations and certainly no turkey and stuffing. He didn''t mutate either, so is still pint-sized.....His brother (my Dad), doesn''t talk to Uncle Tom as he reckons Uncle Tom''s more camper than a scout jamboree - and blames Christmas Island for their fall-out. I think when Uncle Tom was snorkeling off Christmas Island he saw some seahorses and the male ones were preggers, he got quite jealous and upset, because when he was younger, he wanted to have babies as well. Dad tolerated his brothers strange behaviour (until my Dad had had quite enough) when quite recently, Uncle Tom came round our house for tea with a cushion stuffed up his blouse and complaining of morning sickness....Big ant was also annoyed - as he''d stretched one of her favourite blouses with the cushion. But, they soon made up after Uncle Tom allowed big ant to use his shaving gel and contour razor - to keep her beard trim and tidy.....

Big ant now wears brogues, trousers, shirt and a tank-top....and we have to call her Uncle. My Uncle Tom (who now likes to be known as Ant Thomasina) still looks silly, but his/her make-up application skills have certainly improved (although his/her wig looks like a road-kill skunk - and his adam''s apple is as big as a cricket ball).

That''s ''Them'' in a nutshell....Uncle Tom doesn''t speak much now, Dad says he''s now a mute ant. They don''t seem gayer, but look a lot happier.

Hope that helps......

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Smudger"]

and this differs from the way Watling and then took Chases shares off his hands how exactly???

How long did they wait while Chase was taking stick left right and centre before they stepped in???

They were life long fans of the club with the clubs best interests at heart too weren''t they??? [8-)] [:$]

[/quote]

They had rather more claim to that description than a man who played for the youth team (and got rejected as not good enough) several decades ago,and who has attended a handful of matches in the past,so I don''t really see your point.

Oh,and if you want to disagree with two parts of my post, do you really need to use two separate posts to do so.Still, gets the old post count up, doesn''t it? [:D]

[/quote]

At least I have never seen Cullum in an Ipswich Shirt or scarf yet!!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

More to the point, have you ever seen him in a Norwich one?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

More to the point, have you ever seen him in a Norwich one?

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I suppose there must be a photo of him in the yellow shirt somewhere?.....Y''know, when he actually represented Norwich, playing football in some capaCity...

Where as, a certain major shareholder only venturing onto the pitch during positive moments at Carra, like hugging Hucks on Boxing Day, and gleefully accepting all the accolade and plaudits for bringing the jet-heeled player to the club.....When, the actual majority of the finance was actually attributed eventually to the large pockets of Mr Carl ''M'' coupled with the fans purchase of share thingy''s..... or is that just a myth?

Despite all my jokey Hexing lark, yes, I do expect us to beat Preston...........whether that is the best thing, long term, for the club, is another matter.[:|]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I suppose there must be a photo of him in the yellow shirt somewhere?.....Y''know, when he actually represented Norwich, playing football in some capaCity...

Where as, a certain major shareholder only venturing onto the pitch during positive moments at Carra, like hugging Hucks on Boxing Day, and gleefully accepting all the accolade and plaudits for bringing the jet-heeled player to the club.....When, the actual majority of the finance was actually attributed eventually to the large pockets of Mr Carl ''M'' coupled with the fans purchase of share thingy''s..... or is that just a myth?

[/quote]

Its not a myth. My point was not an attempt to justify Delia but to try to get away from another myth, ie that of the "lifelong supporter". This is a fabrication which has run its course and needs to be humanely put to rest. In my view they are both ego driven PR opportunists.To me the only attraction of one over the other is several billion quid!

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Its not a myth. My point was not an attempt to justify Delia but to try to get away from another myth, ie that of the "lifelong supporter". This is a fabrication which has run its course and needs to be humanely put to rest. In my view they are both ego driven PR opportunists.To me the only attraction of one over the other is several billion quid!

[/quote]

I''m prepared to give him the chance.....are you?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Despite all my jokey Hexing lark, yes, I do expect us to beat Preston...........whether that is the best thing, long term, for the club, is another matter.[:|][/quote]

WRONG!!!!

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m prepared to give him the chance.....are you?

[/quote]

Very much so. We need his money,and he may well prove to be a benevolent and effective owner.We have no way of telling until such time as he takes control, if that is his intention.I would certainly approach his ownership with an open mind.