Sign in to follow this  
seat124

David Norris

Just heard the interview  on talk sport with Amanda Peak, the mother of the two children murdered by his mate McCormick. How humble is that poor lady. Norris should be made to listen to her words and grow up.

what an odious pr*ck that man(?) is. We should save our bile for this horrible scummer on december 7th.

yep agree, posted this in other football

but i was on betfair forums speaking to some donkey ipswich fan who was defending him and saying how he can celebrate how he likes. and he is showing his loyalty to his own player

sounds right bunch tw@ts down the road from you guys

Seat, whilst David Norris has been a very stupid guy, he is not for one minute condoning drink driving, hasn’t drunk driven himself, hasn’t killed anyone, hasn’t broken the law and has admitted his actions were inappropriate.

Now answer me this, what do you think Amanda Peak thinks of a certain Matty Pattison who I believe he has been convicted of drinking driving since the Peak’s tragedy. Yet I vet you don’t see him in the same vain just because he wears a Yellow shirt and not a blue one.

One word I think….hypocrisy.

What makes this thing so unfortunate is that 99.9% of people knew nothing of the celebration on Saturday or thought it had any meaning….apart from a journalistic hack, no doubt struggling for a story and decided to ring up the mother and bring the memories all flooding back to her now this thing has gone national. Hope that individual is very proud of himself!

[quote user="VOR"]

Seat, whilst David Norris has been a very stupid guy, he is not for one minute condoning drink driving, hasn’t drunk driven himself, hasn’t killed anyone, hasn’t broken the law and has admitted his actions were inappropriate.

Now answer me this, what do you think Amanda Peak thinks of a certain Matty Pattison who I believe he has been convicted of drinking driving since the Peak’s tragedy. Yet I vet you don’t see him in the same vain just because he wears a Yellow shirt and not a blue one.

What makes this thing so unfortunate is that 99.9% of people knew nothing of the celebration on Saturday or thought it had any meaning….apart from a journalistic hack, no doubt struggling for a story and decided to ring up the mother and bring the memories all flooding back to her now this thing has gone national. Hope that individual is very proud of himself!

[/quote]

I am not going to condone drink driving in the slightest, it is inexusable but to suggest there is a link between someone convicted of drink driving and someone who actually killed two poeple whilst doing it is ridiculous. Making some pathetic and sick gesture of solidarity to his friend is in very bad taste and the player has made himself look like a fool.

HOpe Norris is proud of himself supporting a man who killed to young children, he should be banned from playing football, if he thinks accepting this sort of thing is funny.

VOR - your post stinks of hypocrisy. If you look back at this board you will see that many posters did see him in the same way and didn''t defend him on here let alone go onto other message boards defending him.

But the fact remains that your man has publically disrespected this tragedy, not on the spur of the moment either. The ''celebration'' was obviously planned and was a serious error of judgement on his part. And whilst I often defend people who make mistakes in life, because we all do, I''m mystified as to why he wouldn''t have realised this was a wrong thing to do.

I suggest you go away and think again [:|]

Vor

Not at all. Pattison was a prize prat and was very lucky that no one was in the wrong place at the wrong time. If he or any NCFC player murdered anyone (as that is what is is), by drink driving, they should be locked up for life.

i do agree with you, that the press hack should have behaved in a more sensitive way. It was heartbreaking to here that poor lady having to go through all the emotions yet again.

Still think that Norris should get plenty of stick on 7 december though. 

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]Anybody with a link to this, because I still don''t know what all this is about ...?[/quote]

Try google you lazy sod.

Can you actually read Nutty, where have i stated I am defending David Norris, i agree he has been extremely stupid and insensitive.

However people are calling for him to be banned for life when he actually hasn''t broken the law is just a bit ridiculous. The reaction he is getting is of someone who has committed a serious crime. I''m sure his club will dicscipline and I''m ensure he will make a private apology to the family as well as the public apology already made. Hopefully he will aslo have the decency to donate a few to a drink drive awareness campaign as well as the fine he will no doubt receive.

[quote user="Steve H"]

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]Anybody with a link to this, because I still don''t know what all this is about ...?[/quote]

Try google you lazy sod.

[/quote]

Good day to you too, Sir!

Fair enough Seat, i respect that, and granted Norris will recive plenty of stick from you guys on the 7th which he has only got himself to blame for.

I just see so much hypocrisy in the reaction to this when people do far worse things, he has bee more foolish and insensitive than anything......typical footballer probably and not the brightest spark I would guess

[quote user="Steve H"]

Try google you lazy sod.

[/quote]

I hate Monday mornings too

[quote user="VOR"]

Can you actually read Nutty, where have i stated I am defending David Norris, i agree he has been extremely stupid and insensitive.

However people are calling for him to be banned for life when he actually hasn''t broken the law is just a bit ridiculous. The reaction he is getting is of someone who has committed a serious crime. I''m sure his club will dicscipline and I''m ensure he will make a private apology to the family as well as the public apology already made. Hopefully he will aslo have the decency to donate a few to a drink drive awareness campaign as well as the fine he will no doubt receive.

[/quote]

Agreed - it is hugely insensitive and has no place on a football pitch, but Norrris was not trying to condone what his friend had done. In fact he''s repeatedly said in interviews that McCormick deserves his prison sentence. What he was trying to do was stand by his friend when so many others were deserting him. The way he did it was clearly wrong but to accuse him of condoning murder is ridiculous.

And as for the Matty Patison - there is NO difference whatsoever in my view - Pattison was simply lucky and McCormick was unlucky.

Cheers Iwan and We8, if he did do that with the intention of supporting McCormack then yes, that is completely disrespectful. Yes, he can stick by his friend. But no need to make it public in a way such as that and actually support what he did. However, he says this was not the intended message, so perhaps it isn''t. Seems a bit farfetched to me that he made that sign and it automatically meant he was refering to McCormack. For example Freddy Sears did a similar sign with his first goal for West Ham, so perhaps it is just a celebration rather than the intention of supporting McCormack.

[quote user="VOR"]

Fair enough Seat, i respect that, and granted Norris will recive plenty of stick from you guys on the 7th which he has only got himself to blame for.

I just see so much hypocrisy in the reaction to this when people do far worse things, he has bee more foolish and insensitive than anything......typical footballer probably and not the brightest spark I would guess

[/quote]

i dont moan at him with the whole drink driving issue for the celebration

more his tribute to a player who killed two young children, ruined the mans ability to move and the rest of the families lives

there''s a time and a place for norris to do tribute in quiet to mcormack. on the football pitch in the public eye certainly isnt one of them

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="VOR"]

[/quote]

I am not going to condone drink driving in the slightest, it is inexusable but to suggest there is a link between someone convicted of drink driving and someone who actually killed two poeple whilst doing it is ridiculous. Making some pathetic and sick gesture of solidarity to his friend is in very bad taste and the player has made himself look like a fool.

[/quote]

Where have I suggested a link between the two. Norris has not killed anyone, not drunk driven or condoned drink driving. Agreed the gesture was pathetic and in bad taste but people stating he should be strung up for a moment of madness and insensitivity need to look at some of the other things that go on around them.......the media loves this kind of stuff unfortunately and doesn''t think about the hurt is causes the people involved ie the Peaks. Had the media not got involved the Peaks would not have even known about it. 8,000 fans at the game didn''t even know anything had happened so when a tabloid paper says ''in front of 8,000 shocked fans'' it is blatantly making stuff up

i think the moment norris choose to make his support public - he was skating on thin ice...sure, you like to know who your friends are, and by all means a private support is appropriate - if thats what the individual wants to do...yet we all choose to live by our consciences, and do what we feel is right for us - certainly, i was happy to join in the huckerby chant on saturday, because i felt he deserved a public recognition and appreciation of his service to NCFC, that was cruelly denied to him by his employers...i feel i have discharged my duty to hucks now in this regard, and feel able to let the matter lie...

[quote user="VOR"]

[/quote]

Yes I can actually read VOR and I just actually read the posts prior to yours and I can''t actually see anybody calling for him to be banned for life or reacting as though he has committed a serious crime.

I suggest you actually read my post again and tell me what part you don''t agree with [:|]

Last night Norris denied making a handcuff gesture. He said in a statement: “It wasn’t a handcuff sign, it was a private message.

“But I can see how people might have seen it like that and I apologise wholeheartedly if it has caused any offence. Luke’s a good friend of mine. But he made a massive mistake and he is rightly paying the price for it.”

I know he plays for them which sometimes makes it difficult to look at these things with an open mind but maybe he''s telling the truth.

Never underestimate The Sun''s willingness to drag bereaved parents out to add weight to one of their opinions/stories. Never mind the fact that a) Norris claims it wasn''t a ''handcuff gesture'' b) bringing it to the families attention has probably caused them more grief and c) that Norris has made it clear that although he''s a mate he deserves to be behind bars.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

Last night Norris denied making a handcuff gesture. He said in a statement: “It wasn’t a handcuff sign, it was a private message.

“But I can see how people might have seen it like that and I apologise wholeheartedly if it has caused any offence. Luke’s a good friend of mine. But he made a massive mistake and he is rightly paying the price for it.”

I know he plays for them which sometimes makes it difficult to look at these things with an open mind but maybe he''s telling the truth.

Never underestimate The Sun''s willingness to drag bereaved parents out to add weight to one of their opinions/stories. Never mind the fact that a) Norris claims it wasn''t a ''handcuff gesture'' b) bringing it to the families attention has probably caused them more grief and c) that Norris has made it clear that although he''s a mate he deserves to be behind bars.

[/quote]

Shark Attack...well put, nice to see a mature opinion on the matter.Whether or not it was a handcuff gesture or not, we may never know (it certainly wasn''t in the obvious style of Cahills when he did it) it was silly and has been said it if was a private gesture why do it on a football pitch? However the publicity this has generated genuinely astounds me..i genuinely feel sorry for the family, who as i said would not have been affected if it had not been for the media. I wasn''t personally at the game but the general concensus is that no one even realised there was any message in the celebration....it actually looked like an anelka type style of celebration where he crosses his hands over!

I look forward to seeing the statement realeased by ITFC later

[quote user="Chabal"][quote user="VOR"]

[/quote]

Agreed - it is hugely insensitive and has no place on a football pitch, but Norrris was not trying to condone what his friend had done. In fact he''s repeatedly said in interviews that McCormick deserves his prison sentence. What he was trying to do was stand by his friend when so many others were deserting him. The way he did it was clearly wrong but to accuse him of condoning murder is ridiculous.

And as for the Matty Patison - there is NO difference whatsoever in my view - Pattison was simply lucky and McCormick was unlucky.

[/quote]

He could easily have visited him in prison and shown his support that way, being such a good mate, instead of being highly insensitve knowing it would be caught on camera and that the family who lost loved ones would see it.  Like rubbing salt in the wound a bit.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Chabal"][quote user="VOR"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He could easily have visited him in prison and shown his support that way, being such a good mate, instead of being highly insensitve knowing it would be caught on camera and that the family who lost loved ones would see it.  Like rubbing salt in the wound a bit.

[/quote]

well said,

what i wanted to say, but i kept getting muddled up