Sign in to follow this  
jim blair

Roeder is not the problem

Give Roeder the tools to work with and he will do a job. Yes he has made an error of judgement with Hucks and he did give Fotheringham a contract, but he has done little else wrong. the budget he has had is not enough to compete at the top end of this league.Lll anger should be Vented at doomcaster and the board, They are the cause of our current predicement..They need to go asap.

I have made a simular thread to this and I agree with you, like I said before any manager coming into this job when Roeder did was doomed from the start, he hasn''t got 8 loan signings in through choice alone, it was something he was forced to do, now many fans want to turn on him when they should be turning on the Board for ONCE! I did wonder at the start of this season who would be blaimed for yet another poor season, would it be the manager or the board?... Well it''s looking like more people are starting to take their anger out on Roeder, thus deflecting attention off the real problem which is the board.

Don''t protest against Roeder, protest against the board!

I''m no fan of the board, but he''s the one who picks the team. There''s enough quality to be doing better, he''s not getting the best out of the team.

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]

I have made a simular thread to this and I agree with you, like I said before any manager coming into this job when Roeder did was doomed from the start, he hasn''t got 8 loan signings in through choice alone, it was something he was forced to do, now many fans want to turn on him when they should be turning on the Board for ONCE! I did wonder at the start of this season who would be blaimed for yet another poor season, would it be the manager or the board?... Well it''s looking like more people are starting to take their anger out on Roeder, thus deflecting attention off the real problem which is the board.

Don''t protest against Roeder, protest against the board!

[/quote]

It''s his squad and staff. It''s his tactics and formation. It''s his inept ability as a manager.

The managers of teams like Burnley, Plymouth and Blackpool are doing well despite having way less money than us.

Roeder is to blame, with the Board a close second.

[quote user="OTBC"]I''m no fan of the board, but he''s the one who picks the team. There''s enough quality to be doing better, he''s not getting the best out of the team.[/quote]

ARE YOU FOR REAL???

Half our starting line up nearly are players we don''t own, players who don''t give a stuff about the future of this club, players that are purely here to get match fit and look to get back into their own clubs side in several months time, they are not players who are prepared to go the extra mile. Also I don''t think all these loan signings are good for team morale, how would you feel if you were a NCFC player who was kept out of the side by some half hearted loan signing who is only here for match practice.

Like I said these 8 loan signings aren''t down to Roeders choice alone, he was forced into them, no manager IMO can build a half decent championship squad when they have to rely on short term loan signings to get enough players to get a match going.

At the start of the season, he signed Hoolihan, Lupoli and Koroma saying how great all three were going to be!

Not one of them was chosen to play today.

What does that tell you about Roeder?

Even if Norwich sacked Roeder and brought some other half decent manger in (yets face it, there''s hardly going to be any big names looking for the job), do you honestly think our problems will be solved? No of course not because that manger will have to rely on one short term loan fix after another like Roeder has had to do, you can''t expect to survive in this league for too long when you have no option but to rely on so many loan signings just to keep you afloat, asking for Roeder to be sacked is deflecting attention from the real problem... Which is the board, while they are still here we will continue to get ever close to league 1, and when or if that does happen their may be no way back.

ROEDER ISN''T THE PROBLEM, THE BOARD IS!!!

Agreed, Roeder isn''t blameless but until this pathetic board is gone there isn''t a manager in the country who would get us to where we want to be, the lot of them should go imo.

Jim - You are talking total and utter tosh, the guy is responsible for the signings, the mystifying tactics and the random selection policies, I was a big fan, with the emphasis on was. His record shows he is a one season wonder and I am beginning to wonder what this season will bring....

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Jim - You are talking total and utter tosh, the guy is responsible for the signings, the mystifying tactics and the random selection policies, I was a big fan, with the emphasis on was. His record shows he is a one season wonder and I am beginning to wonder what this season will bring....[/quote]

Roeder is not blaimless but he''s not totally responsible for the singings, do you think he got 8 loan signings in through choice alone? No he was forced to look at loaning players and when you do that your left with very few players available to sign. The next manger after Roeder will be in the same situation, it''s just a never ending circle that will continue to happen while the current Board are still here, up untill we become a league one club.

WLC - You are talking bull pizzle. Roeder was happy to take the job as manager, he must have known he was not getting a huge transfer budget. So he had to loan players, part and parcel of the game isn`t it?, and he chose which players to loan in, unles you are going to tell me he had no choice in that. Once he loaned said players in he took the decision not to play them (OJ, Lupoli and TAH), even when we had injuries, suspension etc. He is responsible for the players purchased/ loaned in, the tactics and the team selection, the buck stops firmly with him. The guy is a one season wonder and his "I am right" attitude will take us down to League 1.

[quote user="jim blair"]

Give Roeder the tools to work with and he will do a job. Yes he has made an error of judgement with Hucks and he did give Fotheringham a contract, but he has done little else wrong. the budget he has had is not enough to compete at the top end of this league.Lll anger should be Vented at doomcaster and the board, They are the cause of our current predicement..They need to go asap.

[/quote]

Sorry, but this is bollocks.

Who motivates the players?

Who picks the team?

Who decides on the substitutions?

Roeder might not have any say in the cards he''s dealt, but he should play his hand a damn sight better.

No, Roeder is not the whole problem, but he''s a bloody big part of it.  What other manager would play their best Midfielder as a striker, and replace him with the crap Fotheringham (oh, who he also made captain??)  What other manager would drop a very gifted naturally left sided midfielder (who hasn''t had enough games to be able to settle into the side) and play a naturally right sided midfielder in his place?  What other manager would sign the aforementioned left winger whose game is based on dribbling the ball and being a bit clever, only to state that he doesn''t like players who do the very things he signed him for?? What other manager would sign loan players and not even have them on the bench (what a waste of money lupoli and camara have been), what other manager would have got rid of his best player last season for nothing, would have loaned out promising young players when we could do with them here, would have sold a brilliant young goalkeeper for a pittance??  My god the list goes on and on.  I actually liked Roeder for a bit, but know I see that he is utterly clueless.  Yes we haven''t got a lot of money to spend, no team in the Championship has (QPR aside) but we do have some decent players in the squad here, and I''m sure 90% of posters on here could pick a better shaped side from what we have at our disposal than Roeder, and could probably instill some team spirit and fight into them to boot.

The problem is, who the hell is there to replace him??  And how much would it cost to get shot of him??  Well done board, you wouldn''t select a good manager if one kicked you up the recipe book!!

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]WLC - You are talking bull pizzle. Roeder was happy to take the job as manager, he must have known he was not getting a huge transfer budget. So he had to loan players, part and parcel of the game isn`t it?, and he chose which players to loan in, unles you are going to tell me he had no choice in that. Once he loaned said players in he took the decision not to play them (OJ, Lupoli and TAH), even when we had injuries, suspension etc. He is responsible for the players purchased/ loaned in, the tactics and the team selection, the buck stops firmly with him. The guy is a one season wonder and his "I am right" attitude will take us down to League 1.[/quote]

Your still missing the bigger picture, and no I don''t think Roeder could have even imagined to be the position that he is now a year ago, where he has to rely on 8 loan signings just to make up the numbers, there isn''t another club in this division that are even close to number of loan signings we have had to make, and do you think Roeder made loan signings instead of perms through choice? No of course not he was forced to do that, and once you do that your left with hardly any ability to sign quality players, it''s like looking to make make money from selling stuff you picked up from the scrap year, there isn''t a manager in the world who could have built a good enough side through loans alone, if you think so then your very deluded my friend.

Look at Leeds, they once too had to rely on many loan signings just to keep them afloat in this division, and we all know what happend to them in the end....

Look at the bigger picture FFS!

I take your point but for Camara or Lupoli and whatever wages their on, we may as well have given Renton a chance for how many times they''ve played (we end up playing Russell up front FFS), we had a "defensive crisis" but sold Shackell,.  I think some of the loan signings have been totally pointless and a complete waste of money.

I realise that Roeder has not been given a big pot of money, but he is not alone in this league. Oh the irony of the "8 loan signings to make up the numbers" statement, they do not even do that as he decides not to pick half of them!!. Either he has faiith in his signings or he doesn`t, there is no half way house. I think you need to look up the dictionary definition of "manager"....

Can''t believe people on this thread sticking up for Roeder. I take it none of you were at Burnley today. If ever you needed the proof just haw bloody incompetent and clueless he is today certainly was the proof. Today was as bad as anything Grant or Worthington ever served up. We should have been buried today by a pretty ordinary Burnley side who were put together on  a smaller playing budget than Roeder has this year.

Once again he starts with Russell up front. Where is Lupoli? Cureton on the bench. Russell is not a striker and was totally ineffective up front. Midfield with Fotheringham and no Russell was totally outplayed.

Why the hell do we continue with Omosuzi at full back. He was caught out ever time they attacked.

So we go 2 goals down, what does the master tactician do? Changes a full back and a midfield player leaving us still with  asingle striker on the pitch.

Roeder sat in the stand the first half and for the second half stood like a stuffed dummy at the side of the pitch; There was no instruction or encouragement at all.

Today may well be the start of the demise of Roeder. The away fans turned on the team an management at the end in a way I haven''t witnessed since Worthington was forced out. The atmosphere was pretty agresive and unpleasant in the second half. SOme players were personally abused as they left the pitch. Omosuzi and Fotheringham in particular were singled out.

How can anyone have faith in a manager who thinks Russell is the answer to our scoring problems, and insists on playing Fotheringham at the heart of midfield.  I did think Roeder would do a good job for us, but his team selections and tactical decisions have now convinced me that he has to go.  His chopping and changing of the team must be having an effect on some of the players morale, and I fear we could see a repeat of the QPR game when the players made it clear to Peter Grant they wouldn''t play for him.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Ok say we sack Roeder and replace him with some other medicore at best manager, what exactly do you think he can get out of the poor squad we currently have? Sure he can get some loans in like Roeder has had to do, of course this will merely be short term fix''s, but realistically he can''t do much more than Glen Roeder has done, 8 loan players is not the answer, a new manager can''t change this, a new board can! That has to be priority number one, stop letting Delia and Co off the hook by venting anger at a manager who has to search in the scrap bin (so to speak) to build a team!

Like I keep saying, look at the bigger picture!!!!!!!

WLC - Are you Roeder?. I understand what you are saying but it does not change my opinion, Roeder is a piss poor man manager, and that my friend is a big part of being a football manager. How many players has he "fallen out" with now?. If Roeder had money to spend who is to say he would get it right, how long before his biggest signing is out of favour? You need to look at his record and you will see he is a "one season manager".

[quote user="jim blair"]

[/quote]

You''re kind of stating the obvious with that, but had the Board chosen the right manager since Worthington then they might''ve saved their arses.Take a good look at Roeder''s credentials as a football manager and you will quickly discover that he has had the tools/finance/good players to work with at previous clubs yet he still f**ked up.It isn''t rocket science ffs! Roeder is an inept manager.

Todays performance was nothing to do with the board. It was Roeders team on the pitch half of which were his overpayed bunch of loan players who couldn''t give a toss about Norwich City.

I have never witnessed a Norwich side so lacking in commitment and cleary not having a clue what they are supposed to be doing. Today the whole team did not have a clue what they were doing. There was clearly no guidance or leadership on or off the pitch. When it was clear we needed a change (the 2-0 score sort of gave it away hat things weren''t going well) all Roeder could offer was to change a full back and midfield player, leaving us still with a single striker on the pitch.

Roader is simply repeating his failure of ever club he has managed. Alienating every skill full player and putting his yes men into the team at the expense of team performance.

The board must take a high proportion of the blame. Not for the performance or results though. They are to blame for appointing a manager whose only track record is one of proven failure.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

WLC - Are you Roeder?. I understand what you are saying but it does not change my opinion, Roeder is a piss poor man manager, and that my friend is a big part of being a football manager. How many players has he "fallen out" with now?. If Roeder had money to spend who is to say he would get it right, how long before his biggest signing is out of favour? You need to look at his record and you will see he is a "one season manager".

[/quote]

I am not defending Roeder as such, i''m merely trying to get people to realise that our biggest problem is not him, it''s the board, sure Roeder has clearly made many mistakes in his time here and he''s hardly likely to be the man to take us back to the Premiership, but the fact still remains that no manager will be able to take this club forward while the current board are still here, the next manager that comes in after Roeder will have the same problems Roeder has had, poor squad with little options available to improve it.

Vent your anger at the board before the manager, otherwise this club will continue to strugle in this league.

WLC I just can''t agree with you on this. Roeder has a playing budget this season far bigger than a lot of teams in this league and certainly a lot less than the Burnley side who outplayed us today. The big difference today was Burnley looked like a well led team who played as a team. We looked like a disorganised rabble lacking any motivation or dierection.

Roeder has chosen to waste what money he was given on some very poor signings and some very expensive and poor loan players. Look at the loan players and just how much improvement have they brought to the team.

Sibieski - total waste of time.

Omosuzi - not half as good as Otsemobor

Bertrand - so dissapointing this season

Archibald whatever his name - Why??????

Koroma - Headless chicken who is not going to play anyway

Lupoli - doesn''t get a game with Russell being prefered up front.

I would take any of our own youngster who are out on loan above any of the Premiership cast offs we have. Take a guess at how much we are paying this lot to bring nothing to the team. Add on the loan fees we paid up front and the agents fees and you probably have a sum alot higher than a lot of teams spent in the transfer market this season.

The problem is we have a manager who likes to think he has Premiership contacts but the truth is they are dumping their unwanted players on us. A decent manager would have looked at the lower leagues and bought some players we could have developed for OUR future. Roeder unfortunately hasn''t got this ability and he has surrounded himself with Newcastel rejects who know nothing about the lower leagues and are too arogant to even think about looking there.

Do you really think today we would have been any worse off with Chris Martin, Rossi Jarvis and Luke Chadwick in the side?

[quote user="jbghost"]

WLC I just can''t agree with you on this. Roeder has a playing budget this season far bigger than a lot of teams in this league[/quote]

Neil Doncaster says the club has no money.. so unless Roeder pays with a budget f beans then we dont have a bigger budget than anyone else in the division.

jas :)

[quote user="jbghost"]

Do you really think today we would have been any worse off with Chris Martin, Rossi Jarvis and Luke Chadwick in the side?

[/quote]I assume you mean Michael Spillane, not Rossi Jarvis.  We got rid of him.Hard to say, to be honest.  Martin instead of Russell - which means Russell instead of Fotheringham? - Yes.Chadwick instead of Croft/Bell - NoSpillane instead of Doc/Kennedy - No