Jason Shackell

[quote user="once upon a time there was a tavern"]

maybe mick doesnt like shackell not be starting till now

now we loaned that mancienne kid

[/quote]

maybe we dont care about wolves....

oh wait I DONT[N]

[quote user="once upon a time there was a tavern"]

the lad played his first 90mins in wolves shirt, looked solid as a rock in defence. nononse defender who knows what to keep the ball or when to clear his lines. won 80% of headers today which came his way. cant judge on one game but looks shrewd signing.

just thought let you all know how the lad got on in his first game for us

[/quote]

Shackell does have the odd good, convincing game.  I think you will find as the season progresses that his lack of ability with the ball at his feet (any ability that is) will frustrate you.  Even at this level a half decent touch is needed by a centre back - he never wants the ball from the keeper and that speaks volumes for me.

[quote user="Polar"]Yay, 5-2 another wolves 5-2 related thread! 5-2is wolverhampton 5-2 is in east anglia? 5-2

however, 5-2 i wish him well and hope he 5-2 gets the transfer away from 5-2 the molinwho fairly soon 5-2, just so our youth product doesn''t 5-2 dirty himself too much.

oh we8.... 5-2[/quote]lol

[quote user="JimboRoyle"][quote user="Polar"]Yay, 5-2 another wolves 5-2 related thread! 5-2

is wolverhampton 5-2 is in east anglia? 5-2

however, 5-2 i wish him well and hope he 5-2 gets the transfer away from 5-2 the molinwho fairly soon 5-2, just so our youth product doesn''t 5-2 dirty himself too much.

oh we8.... 5-2
[/quote]

lol
[/quote]

lol at you sir

as to shackell played well again last night all though limped off on the 80-85minute mark

Its simple, we really shouldn''t have sold Shackell.

He has shown he is an exceptional player when played with another centre back who is actually any good. (Malky Mackay)

He didn''t want to go and was slowly forced out of the team by roeder who seems to think Stefanovic and Kennedy are reliable signings.

Eventually, he was sold to pay Sibierski''s wages.

[quote user="Menzies Campbell"]Its simple, we really shouldn''t have sold Shackell. He has shown he is an exceptional player when played with another centre back who is actually any good. (Malky Mackay) He didn''t want to go and was slowly forced out of the team by roeder who seems to think Stefanovic and Kennedy are reliable signings. Eventually, he was sold to pay Sibierski''s wages.[/quote]

Shackell never played at centre back with Malky Mackay.

seen the lad start game twice dealt with scotland very well last night who is a handful. the only negative i could find is sometimes he isnt the best at distrubuting the ball from the back. but for defensive purposes he looks good

Shakell did play alongside Mackay in the 2003-2004 season because of injury to Adam Drury and it was these performances that gave him a chance in the side. He might not have played at centre back, I can''t remember, but anyway.

I''ll change my post.

He has shown he is an exceptional player when playe with another centre back who is actually any good. (Craig Fleming)

In the second half of our 2004-2005 season, Shackell showed real promise alongside Fleming and produced form we haven''t really seen since.

[quote user="jjjohnny"]why don''t you sod off to a wolves forum[/quote]

gets your head down and complete some revision son, those sats will soon come around

Having seen the two jokers who played centre back for Wolves last week, I think that our accident prone friend from down the A140, Titus Bramble would have looked a footballing superstar the Wolves defence.

Shackell is an ok footballer, who plays ok for most of the match, but he is prone to at least one aberration per game, and its just down to luck whether it costs a goal or not. He may have played well yesterday evening, if so well done to Shackell.

Having seen him play for the last four or five seasons, we know what he is capable of, how he plays and what is strength and weaknesses are. If it makes We8WBA happy, please continue to sit behind your pc, in smug ignorance of what the majority have of posters have written about him. That is your choice.

He''ll find his own level within a few games, and that level is not very good.

5-2[img]http://www.nemonox.com/plicplac/img/number5.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.geocities.com/k9would/hyphen2.bmp[/img] [img]http://www.dvfilm.com/2.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.coloradowinecompany.com/stuff/contentmgr/files/cbae0dbc5cdff16848c1214d23c2b0e3/misc/equals.gif[/img][img]http://macroblog.typepad.com/macroblog/images/win_button.jpg[/img]

[quote user="top the leauge and we avin a laugh"]

gets your head down and complete some revision son, those sats will soon come around

[/quote]

Something you should have done by the looks of it ...

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

[quote user="Menzies Campbell"]Its simple, we really shouldn''t have sold Shackell. He has shown he is an exceptional player when played with another centre back who is actually any good. (Malky Mackay) He didn''t want to go and was slowly forced out of the team by roeder who seems to think Stefanovic and Kennedy are reliable signings. Eventually, he was sold to pay Sibierski''s wages.[/quote]

[/quote]

yes he did...on his debut away at Derby.. im 100% certain he did.. i can remember him tackling Ravenelli then Malky trying to sort out the arguement between Kenton and Greeno after an own goal...

jas :)

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="top the leauge and we avin a laugh"]

[/quote]

Something you should have done by the looks of it ...

[/quote]

huh? i work in my own office not a factory, i can afford to have look on net, get 30days paid leave. cant see where im going wrong to be honest

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Tim Allman"]

[/quote]

yes he did...on his debut away at Derby.. im 100% certain he did.. i can remember him tackling Ravenelli then Malky trying to sort out the arguement between Kenton and Greeno after an own goal...

[/quote]

Apologies - you may well be right, but that''s probably the only time he did. Most of his early appearances were at left back when Malky was in the team, and he would have got a go at centre back in the game after Malky was sent off in the 1-1 draw vs Coventry.

aj - im glad you beaten us 5-2, wolves had their bad day and won the last two games, hell we even returned to the top of the league and extended our lead over reading. and we signed mancienne quality defender out of it!

so thank you for the 5-2 because at the end of the day it helped wolves out more than if we would have drawn 0-0

I think this constant name changing is ridiculous. I''ve stopped reading posts from anyone whose name I don''t recognize.  Its not worth trying to figure out who is who anymore.  This board is in the relegation zone.

[quote user="top the leauge, and we avin a laugh"]

aj - im glad you beaten us 5-2, wolves had their bad day and won the last two games, hell we even returned to the top of the league and extended our lead over reading. and we signed mancienne quality defender out of it!

so thank you for the 5-2 because at the end of the day it helped wolves out more than if we would have drawn 0-0

of  yeah cause it did because if you had drawn 0-0 you would have had one more point than you have now............. hang on a minute that doesnt make sence, your better off with 1 less point? strange logic that. must be the grimey water you lot drink in the black country.

5-2 end of story

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Tim Allman"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m pretty sure he played at left-back in place of Adam Drury who was unfit but I could be wrong as that was five and a half years ago...

The boy can trap it further than most central defenders can kick it. Has the ability to make his central partner look terrible through poor positioning, trying to kick it with the wrong foot, standing square on and flat footed all in one motion. I hope you have kept the receipt although we have a strict none returns policy now you have used the goods. I am sure he is a decent fella but did not cut the mustard for me. You will have to spend again if you go up.