Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

The Chief Executive lets the cat out of the bag.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

YC, my reply to your statement

• WAY49 once again demonstrates her inability to digest information factually and, perhaps because she is married to a ( former ) policeman, takes the input personally and suggests that Cameldonum is tarring every police officer with the same brush and that he is wrong. Of course, Cam did no such thing as making reference to all policeman but stated as I have previously that, as an organisation, it has significant issues in these areas compared to other areas of society. What is rather interesting with WAY49 is why the husband did not respond given his direct experience in this area. I suppose we have all come to understand, by now, that is not necessary as she and her husband post under the same name and, in any event, according to her, he agrees with everything she states. Personally, I would like to hear from him first hand, particularly in an area where his experience is relevant. It''s also rather interesting WAY to see that you did not offer any opinion or support to a poster who is also female and had been addressed in such a manner by a former policeman.

I state things as I read them, and of course I take things personally when generalisations are made like Cam made.  I, as the wife of a retired policeman can speak for him as he does me, in fact 9/10 he sits right with me while I am typing.  So what, big deal, we post under the same user name, what''s the point of having two names on the same computer with one e-mail address? 

I did not offer support to another female just as they have never defended me on this or other issues and I feel they are perfectly adult enough to deal with the issues raised.  Personally I take the term babe, hun or sweetie as a term of endearment not an insult.

Now in future I would be more than happy if you ignore my posts, just as I try to ignore yours.  Many thanks and have a nice day [:)]

[/quote]

• WAY, there is a part of your input that I can agree with at least, which is why I feel your husband should be adult enough to deal with the issues raised rather than you continuously speaking for him. On the other hand, I think it''s admirable that you appear to be joined at the hip. Not sure I could take that degree of closeness....but each to their own as they say.

Personally I take the term babe, hun or sweetie as a term of endearment not an insult

• [/quote]
  •  

I agree, but doesn''t it depend on who''s calling you that? [:D]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

John, I believe that you, like most of us, are probably a very nice man [/quote]

You haven''t met him Yankee [:)]

[/quote]

Sounds like you are going to have to send me a private message. Big Smile [:D]

[/quote]

Was only joking Tilly, hence the smiley before you have another go at me!

No private message Yankee, come over and meet him and make your own mind up [:D]

[/quote]Yeah second that Yankee - come over, loads of us are just dying to meet you............

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="cityangel"]Please tell us more Cam, why does he call all us females ''babe''[:D][/quote]

Ermmmm[:#]

Okay you want the truth?  Because he is a former member of an organisation which in terms of sexism and racism then, and now, leaves everyone else in the dust.

"F**k me there''s a a black bloke driving a Merc.  Come on, let''s have him."  On go the lights.

"Okay, you are Chairman of the Race Relations Board.  Just a routine stop.  Goodnight, Sir."

Not quite Blues N Two''s on the telly but it is in real life.

"Slow driving," says the Traffic man . "Might be pissed."

His Observer agrees: "******* good looker too. That''s a bonus."

That''s agreed then.

Evenin'' all[:|]

Now then Camuldonum i sincerely hope that you are not for one minute saying that i am racist because if you are just say so and believe me the moderators will be the very least of your problems.

By your logic(and i apologise in advance if this offends anyone ) i should classify all journalists as intrusive motor bike riders who roam the streets of Paris causing Mercedes cars to crash in tunnels whilst in search of a few photos! But then again i believe that you have spent most of your life being a wannabe reporter who has sold the odd story to his local paper.

I will ask again---------- Are you saying i am a racist yes or no?

[/quote][/quote]

I have no idea whether you are personally racist or not but you are a former member of an organisation in which it is rampant - although apparently not in Norfolk whose police force, past and present, may well be different from other places and completely above suspicion in every area of life. 

You may classify journalists how you wish.  No complaint from me - water off a duck''s back. 

[quote user="astrodyne"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

John, I believe that you, like most of us, are probably a very nice man [/quote]

You haven''t met him Yankee [:)]

[/quote]

Sounds like you are going to have to send me a private message. Big Smile [:D]

[/quote]

Was only joking Tilly, hence the smiley before you have another go at me!

No private message Yankee, come over and meet him and make your own mind up [:D]

[/quote]

Yeah second that Yankee - come over, loads of us are just dying to meet you............
    [/quote]

How kind astrodyne. What is it that you find appealing?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Personally I take the term babe, hun or sweetie as a term of endearment not an insult

• [/quote]

[/quote]
  • [:P]

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

• [/quote]

[/quote]

[:P]

[/quote]
  • How about "you lovely old poster you" [;)]....arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

• [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How about "you lovely old poster you" [;)]....arrdee.

• [/quote]
  •  

My brother suggests the art of Undertaking is to be always there but always subtle.

Never intrusive but always the helping hand.

Who knows?

[8-|]

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

• [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
  • Now you Ardee you lovely old boy could get away with calling us ladies anything with your charm and boyish good looks [:D]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

• [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now you Ardee you lovely old boy could get away with calling us ladies anything with your charm and boyish good looks [:D]

[/quote]
  • Angel I didn''t know you cared (I did really) you loveliest honey coated sweetest Angel ever....[;)]....arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

• [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now you Ardee you lovely old boy could get away with calling us ladies anything with your charm and boyish good looks [:D]

[/quote]

Angel I didn''t know you cared (I did really) you loveliest honey coated sweetest Angel ever....[;)]....arrdee.

[/quote]
  • Oh i see where i went wrong now.It is not what you say it is the way that you say it.

"Boyish good looks "if said by a woman is not sexist but a man saying that a woman is "fit" is.

"lovely old boy" is just patronising "silly old fool"is unacceptable.

See,i think i am getting the hang of it now.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

• [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Angel I didn''t know you cared (I did really) you loveliest honey coated sweetest Angel ever....[;)]....arrdee.

[/quote]

Oh i see where i went wrong now.It is not what you say it is the way that you say it.

"Boyish good looks "if said by a woman is not sexist but a man saying that a woman is "fit" is.

[/quote]
  • No Johnny I don''t think you are ever going to get it . No you see Johnny some of us have got it and some haven''t . I feel such a cad for having so much....[:D]....arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

• [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh i see where i went wrong now.It is not what you say it is the way that you say it.

[/quote]

No Johnny I don''t think you are ever going to get it . No you see Johnny some of us have got it and some haven''t . I feel such a cad for having so much....[:D]....arrdee.

[/quote]
  • I always have said Arrdee you lovely sweetest honey coated old boy that when the ladies are looking for a proper job to be done they call for the master tradesman and not the boy apprentice.Obviously you are that master tradesman.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

• [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No Johnny I don''t think you are ever going to get it . No you see Johnny some of us have got it and some haven''t . I feel such a cad for having so much....[:D]....arrdee.

[/quote]

I always have said Arrdee you lovely sweetest honey coated old boy that when the ladies are looking for a proper job to be done they call for the master tradesman and not the boy apprentice.Obviously you are that master tradesman.

[/quote]
  • Well..Johnny..of..course..this..is..very..true and indeed..my..aim..has..been..to..please..others..and..not..myself..

I..think..if..you..remember..this..Johnny..it..will..help..you....[;)]....arrdee.

Are you taking Tilly under your wing Ardee to turn him into a proper gentleman?

[quote user="cityangel"]Are you taking Tilly under your wing Ardee to turn him into a proper gentleman?[/quote]

No I don''t think so lovely Angel , Johnny frightens little old me , he is such a raw boned and magnificent brute of a guy and with that steely eye I quiver beneath it . If Johnny started to sway those hips in the true Johnny Tillotson manner I am sure I would confess to every crime in Norfolk....[;)]....arrdee.

[quote user="cityangel"]Are you taking Tilly under your wing Ardee to turn him into a proper gentleman?[/quote]

So we have a little tiff over what you put on here sometimes and i am not a gentleman? That is a bit offside madam.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

So we have a little tiff over what you put on here sometimes and i am not a gentleman? That is a bit offside madam.

[/quote]

I didn''t say you weren''t a gentlemen I said you weren''t a proper gentlemen [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

I didn''t say you weren''t a gentlemen I said you weren''t a proper gentlemen [:)]

[/quote]

Meaning what exactly?

The duties of a proper gentleman ( taking from a website)

A proper gentleman protects those who must be protected,  helps those who cannot help themselves, to improve others by his example and make those around him comfortable. Plus he must strive to make those around him get along and avoid conflicts, this can take many forms but one prime example is starting a mutually acceptable topic of discussion to involve everyone peacefully, or approaching with a friendly manner  so that those people too shy or  not confident enough to join in on their own, don''t feel intimidated.

[:D][:D]

Blimey that''s from the ark isn''t it?  lol

Days of gentlemen laying down their coats over a puddle so a lady doesn''t get her feet wet are long gone.  Women wanted equality and that''s what they have got.

[;)][:D]

[quote user="cityangel"]

The duties of a proper gentleman ( taking from a website)

A proper gentleman protects those who must be protected,  helps those who cannot help themselves, to improve others by his example and make those around him comfortable. Plus he must strive to make those around him get along and avoid conflicts, this can take many forms but one prime example is starting a mutually acceptable topic of discussion to involve everyone peacefully, or approaching with a friendly manner  so that those people too shy or  not confident enough to join in on their own, don''t feel intimidated.

[:D][:D]

[/quote]

Lovely Angel you are talking about me , as I know you and everyone that has met me knows that description fits me like a glove , unlike that uncouth Johnny Tillotson, you know that one hit wonder bloke. I was also pleased when Kathy revealed he was quite a bit older than me and Nutty....[;)]....arrdee.

I still hold the door open for ladies (and gentlemen) and have given up my seat on a crowded train to a strap hanging lady in very recent times especially as she appeared to be about eight months pregnant (but that''s not a necessity - it just happened to be). 

She did look a bit surprised but that''s how I was trained...................[:|]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

I still hold the door open for ladies (and gentlemen) and have given up my seat on a crowded train to a strap hanging lady in very recent times especially as she appeared to be about eight months pregnant (but that''s not a necessity - it just happened to be). 

She did look a bit surprised but that''s how I was trained...................[:|]

[/quote]

That all comes witha certain age[:D]

We had to be gentlemen in our day and remain so

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

That all comes witha certain age[:D]

We had to be gentlemen in our day and remain so

[/quote]

Yes Butty that is very true I am sure but what happened to the lovely old Johnny ? as it has been revealed that Johnny is quite a bit older than us what has become of his manners?.He wouldn''t last 10 mins at graveside....[:D]....arrdee.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Me too.

My wife is convinced that we are now beautiful anachronisms, and finds that very sad.

OTBC 

You give it 10 mins?[:|]

I was brought up with Ladies First and, by and large, I have found that a good dictum.  None of this nonsense about them going half share on the meal....Absolutely not!

Mrs Roeder is a lovely lady by the way, very bright and intelligent, a delightful conversationalist, who loves Puccini and the poems of Thomas Hardy and Keats as well.

Both she and Mrs Camuldonum pretty much agreed that their husbands unmaginable despite the best efforts of the fair sex.

[8-|]

"They get so wound up."   Two heads nod in agreement......................

Can''t say about Mr Roeder but I''d be sunk without mine!

[;)]

Blimey that''s from the ark isn''t it?  lol

Days of gentlemen laying down their coats over a puddle so a lady doesn''t get her feet wet are long gone.  Women wanted equality and that''s what they have got.

[;)][:D]

[/quote]

Yes, it is from The Ark. You have equality, long overdue, but I still think (Lehar) that "girls were made to love and kiss."

Only if they want that, of course, otherwise marooned, and reported to the authorities.

But if they do want that I will happily oblige and sometimes they kiss back.

If a form has to be filled in  these days I will do so.  Whatever it takes.

[:|]

[quote user="arrdee"]

Lovely Angel you are talking about me , as I know you and everyone that has met me knows that description fits me like a glove , unlike that uncouth Johnny Tillotson, you know that one hit wonder bloke. I was also pleased when Kathy revealed he was quite a bit older than me and Nutty....[;)]....arrdee.

[/quote]

I get the feeling that you and Cam aren''t Johnny''s biggest fans [:)]