Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

The Chief Executive lets the cat out of the bag.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"]

There is nothing new here I should imagine anyone with even the slightest interest in our club is already fully aware that the Turners walked out of the club. 

If this had come from Smudger or the wizard it would not have come as a surprise, however I would have expected something better from you Til 1010

Sorry but this smacks of sh1t stirring.............NO NEED

[/quote]

Well, dear folk like your good self, can take a good dollop of sh1t on your trowel - and smooth over those Carra cracks....

[/quote]

My point is not that cracks need to be smoothed over or ignored but rather that the problems at the club are well known and that perhaps we as fans should be looking for sensible solutions to repair the damage so we can move all forward rather than just posting the same old information dressed up as some sort of revelation in order to start yet another pointless argument which ultimately gets us nowhere.[/quote]

And pray please enlighten me, on what we as fans can actually do to repair this damage - that will allow us to move forward.....Turn up in numbers at games regardless of performance, position - or whatever? (Oh, we actually are!)

Just accept that we''re being run by a group of individuals that have focused and concentrated on every aspect of the club (bar the footballing side of it) for over the last 3 years (at least)?....And, just shuffle our feet and continue to allow them to do it without question or accountability?

In reality, we have no control over our destiny as a football club, because as long as we turn up in numbers, they''ll still be at the helm....Therefore, they''ll feel they have the continuing right to do whatever they feel ( what is supposedly the best for the club) without question and accountability.

Any ideas from yourself?.....Or, are you just happy with us getting nowhere?

C''mon, give us your solution?.....Or why we should just continue with the current board set-up?....That''s if you think we should?

[/quote]

I didn''t say I had the solutions to our problems just that maybe we would be better spending the time we use on the forum to perhaps discus what (if anything) could be done by supporters and in general to move forward rather than just going over and over the same old ground metaphorically shouting abuse at each other. 

I am sure that we all know what the problems are I''m not sure how a boycott (as you seem to be suggesting) or a demonstration as others have suggested are going to help the team perform any better or speed up the exit of the board if they are as they say looking to sell up anyway (although I appreciate this may fall into the heard it all before category). 

Like I said I don''t pretend to have all the answers, however I would certainly advocate shareholders turning up in numbers to the AGM to put the board under scrutiny face to face in a way that I don’t believe standing outside the ground shouting bile could achieve as a starting point.

Of course having a sensible debate may not achieve anything but as we do not seem to have tried it yet I don''t see how it could be any less effective than what’s been going on for the past few months

[/quote]

I suggested in an earlier thread, that those who wish to question the mantra and role of the board at the AGM - should cluster in a collective group as opposed to being scattered and isolated around the room holding the AGM, (more difficult for the pro-boardist battalion to browbeat the objectors).....Personally, and regardless what others may assume, I do feel that the AGMs are controlled by the club and its media - and any discontented or negative voices, are quickly stifled by clever manipulation and the use of distraction away from the most unwelcome complaining individuals.

Too many times the board have been given an easy ride.....The disgruntled majority of the shareholding sceptics, really need to get their act together and give a good showing of themselves with sensible and constructive criticism of the board, and make their voice heard over the partisan front 3 row brigade. 

The club board really don''t accept criticism.....They just brush it aside, go schtum, and ride out the storm till the heat dies down - and a ''hoorah'' positive comes along.....

See what occurs during and after the impending AGM.....Nothing much, I''d bet....."Ho Hum.".....Normal for Norfolk. 

[/quote]

There we go, not to hard is it. I totally agree that shareholders that wish to hold the board to account should get together to put forward their concerns/questions collectively in a sustained yet controlled and intelligent manner.  

Individuals just shouting the odds are easily singled out as extremely unintelligent loons (just as on this board) to be ignored, as any points they have to make however relevant will be lost in the resulting kerfuffle.

[/quote]

Don''t patronise me you fuggin pretentious prat.....Stick to being an extremely dull splashfart - struttin around the Pink''un squawking like a senile peacock.....There you go, that''ll keep your beak gaping.

[/quote]

My apologies for the misjudgement, it obviously is too hard to be sensible.

[/quote]

It''s not reality either, it''s only a bleedin'' football forum....Now shut yer beak....I''m havin'' fun! [<:o)][:D]

[/quote]

Clearly, as I''m sure that if you conversed with people like that in the real world most of your conversations would end in you bleeding not so mellow yellow [;)]

[quote user="jetstream"]>I suggested in an earlier thread, that those who wish to question the mantra and role of the board at the AGM - should cluster in a collective group as opposed to being scattered and isolated around the room holding the AGM, (more difficult for the pro-boardist battalion to browbeat the objectors).... Suggest a spot then - and spread the word At the back and to the left as you walk in?[/quote]

See you there Jetstream but the first problem to be overcome will be to stop David Batley,Cameron Newark and Peter Wolsey taking centre stage as they do year upon year with their statements.I say statements as each of them run on for a full five minutes without there ever being a hint of a question.This is done with the blessing of the Chairman because it deflates the whole mood and i am sure prevents other people from speaking.

Clearly, as I''m sure that if you conversed with people like that in the real world most of your conversations would end in you bleeding not so mellow yellow....

Yes, you are quite in fact correct, I certainly don''t portray myself as very nice poster on occasion on here.....But, I do have a small amount of common sense - and most certainly wouldn''t speak outside of cyberspace with the same attitude as I actually do in the real world (I''m quite a decent member of society, actually)....But, then again, would you also speak in a patronising, arrogant and condescending way.....away from this forum?

Maybe from a passenger window from a fast moving car...till you get to traffic lights on red....Then wind the window up - and cower silently and quivering down in the foot-well....[8-|]

Sounds like a plan, his rants often leave me speechless....

Rants - or Pants?

Shame it doesn''t leave your pudgy digits, cramped, seized and inactive......(all 12 of them).

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Clearly, as I''m sure that if you conversed with people like that in the real world most of your conversations would end in you bleeding not so mellow yellow....

Yes, you are quite in fact correct, I certainly don''t portray myself as very nice poster on occasion on here.....But, I do have a small amount of common sense - and most certainly wouldn''t speak outside of cyberspace with the same attitude as I actually do in the real world (I''m quite a decent member of society, actually)....But, then again, would you also speak in a patronising, arrogant and condescending way.....away from this forum?

Maybe from a passenger window from a fast moving car...till you get to traffic lights on red....Then wind the window up - and cower silently and quivering down in the foot-well....[8-|]

[/quote]

No I wouldn''t and in fact it was not my intention to come across in quite that manner here and you have my apologies for that. 

I do however speak my mind wherever I am and in my experience, the sort of people who you might have most reason to shout at in a moving car who then jump out aggressively usually out of embarrassment at their own stupidity soon back down when faced with someone who continues to stand up to them

I was speaking to someone who works at CT last week and Turner refused to talk to his employees about the lead up to his departure but he did say "Hell would have to freeze over before he got involved in a football club again"...........interesting

[quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"]

There is nothing new here I should imagine anyone with even the slightest interest in our club is already fully aware that the Turners walked out of the club. 

If this had come from Smudger or the wizard it would not have come as a surprise, however I would have expected something better from you Til 1010

[/quote]

Well, dear folk like your good self, can take a good dollop of sh1t on your trowel - and smooth over those Carra cracks....

[/quote]

My point is not that cracks need to be smoothed over or ignored but rather that the problems at the club are well known and that perhaps we as fans should be looking for sensible solutions to repair the damage so we can move all forward rather than just posting the same old information dressed up as some sort of revelation in order to start yet another pointless argument which ultimately gets us nowhere.

[/quote]

and your solution is???

oh you don''t have any do you????

How about trying my solution then???

Get off your ass you lazy git and do something about the situation... things won''t change until we (the fans) force the issue and make things change!!!

Sounds like a plan, his rants often leave me speechless....

Rants - or Pants?

Shame it doesn''t leave your pudgy digits, cramped, seized and inactive......(all 12 of them).

[/quote]

I assure you if I ever saw your pants they would probably make me vomit more than be speechless.  Wind your neck in a bit will ya?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

My point is not that cracks need to be smoothed over or ignored but rather that the problems at the club are well known and that perhaps we as fans should be looking for sensible solutions to repair the damage so we can move all forward rather than just posting the same old information dressed up as some sort of revelation in order to start yet another pointless argument which ultimately gets us nowhere.[/quote]

And pray please enlighten me, on what we as fans can actually do to repair this damage - that will allow us to move forward.....Turn up in numbers at games regardless of performance, position - or whatever? (Oh, we actually are!)

Just accept that we''re being run by a group of individuals that have focused and concentrated on every aspect of the club (bar the footballing side of it) for over the last 3 years (at least)?....And, just shuffle our feet and continue to allow them to do it without question or accountability?

In reality, we have no control over our destiny as a football club, because as long as we turn up in numbers, they''ll still be at the helm....Therefore, they''ll feel they have the continuing right to do whatever they feel ( what is supposedly the best for the club) without question and accountability.

Any ideas from yourself?.....Or, are you just happy with us getting nowhere?

C''mon, give us your solution?.....Or why we should just continue with the current board set-up?....That''s if you think we should?

[/quote]

Spot On MELLO... you and I both know that you will not receive a proper answer on the question of why do the fans not change what they are doing though don''t we?

As long as they continue playing in to the boards hands, then they will continue to get the same response and will be watching a very poor football team which is devoid of investment.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

My point is not that cracks need to be smoothed over or ignored but rather that the problems at the club are well known and that perhaps we as fans should be looking for sensible solutions to repair the damage so we can move all forward rather than just posting the same old information dressed up as some sort of revelation in order to start yet another pointless argument which ultimately gets us nowhere.

[/quote]

and your solution is???

Get off your ass you lazy git and do something about the situation... things won''t change until we (the fans) force the issue and make things change!!!

[/quote]

Suggest you read the whole thread, oh and by the way continually writing "get off your ass ad do something" and "make things change" is neither doing anything or a solution to the problems that we all agree that we have.

This forum seems to be full of people exhorting others to take action and to do ''something'' but when push comes to shove, they are amazingly unwilling to organise it themselves.

Don''t come over all ''holier than thou''.....No intended malicious intent in my humour, you''re just attempting to make out I''m some kind of nasty piece of work.....and you''re so very, very, wrong.

How about you taking a look at yourself? 

Don''t come over all ''holier than thou''.....No intended malicious intent in my humour, you''re just attempting to make out I''m some kind of nasty piece of work.....and you''re so very, very, wrong.

[/quote]

I''m afraid you are doing that all by yourself with the comments you are coming out with.  Do you think you have any more right to say those things just because you are on a message board with a quirky anonymous name?

[/quote]

I am not making you out to be anything, just responding to what you have written in response to or about me, how you appear to others is entirely down to what you write

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Zachariah Lovespoon"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

and your solution is???

[/quote]

If fans want to make a difference, they need to hit the board where it hurts. If everyone pledges not to renew their season ticket then that will make the board very, very nervous indeed. The way the debt is structured, it depends on guaranteed income through season tickets. Without that guaranteed income the board can kiss goodbye to their investments.

" without that guaranteed income the board can kiss goodbye to their investments"

Yellow hammer what on earth are you talking about?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

" without that guaranteed income the board can kiss goodbye to their investments"

Yellow hammer what on earth are you talking about?

[/quote]

It''s very simple, Tilly. If the board have already got their hands on your cash, they can hand the fans a two-fingered salute and do whatever they want.

Every season ticket holder has got to come out now and say they won''t be renewing their season ticket next year. This will put the wind up the board.

I cannot understand the "kiss goodbye to their investments" remark.

Munby and Doncaster have not put one penny into Norwich City and those two make up 40% of the current board.

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 19/10/2008 2:38 AM:

Munby and Doncaster have not put one penny into Norwich City and those two make up 40% of the current board.

Well that''s a pretty shocking statistic, that these two goons are 40% of the board and yet have no money tied up.

Actually my comments were directed at the Suffolk Two. But for Munby and Doncaster I''ll amend my original statement to say that they can "kiss goodbye to their jobs."

As I have your attention, Tilly, what would the NCISA group think about recommending fans to boycott season ticket sales for next year, if you were to canvas your members on the subject?

[quote user="yellow hammer"]

Well that''s a pretty shocking statistic, that these two goons are 40% of the board and yet have no money tied up.

Actually my comments were directed at the Suffolk Two. But for Munby and Doncaster I''ll amend my original statement to say that they can "kiss goodbye to their jobs."

As I have your attention, Tilly, what would the NCISA group think about recommending fans to boycott season ticket sales for next year, if you were to canvas your members on the subject?

[/quote]

Why is that schocking ND and Mumby are effectively club employees who sit on the Board rather than high net wealath individuals so would not be expected to have significant wealth tied up in th club

[quote user="yellow hammer"]

[/quote]

You are hoping for a bit much there aren''t you???

I think the NCISA are proving how much they speak up for the fans by their sheer inactivity at the moment.

[quote user="T"][quote user="yellow hammer"]

[/quote]

Why is that schocking ND and Mumby are effectively club employees who sit on the Board rather than high net wealath individuals so would not be expected to have significant wealth tied up in th club

[/quote]

Name another chairman who does not hold any shares.

As Kathy and i thought it would not be long before NCISA was pushed to the front and seen as the torch bearer for everybody that is concerned at the perilous financial plight that is racing in our direction and the continuing under achievement on the field.

That is not a problem as NCISA is there to represent the fans of our club.

Last Thursday the NCISA committee held its October monthly meeting and it was by far the longest meeting held for many a moon.

What i am now going to say will be seen as a cop out by some(certainly Smudger) but whatever course NCISA takes will be democratic and careful thought will given to the consequences for Norwich City Football Club.

It was decided to wait and see what is said by Delia and the rest of the board at the AGM.All we have to go on at this moment in time is media speculation and rumours.

If what is said is not to the fans liking NCISA will be contacting EVERY SINGLE ONE of its members with a questionaire.

The make up of that questionaire is dependant on the outcome of the AGM.

In the meantime please contact me at J.TILSON@SKY.COM and i will collate all your views and pass on to the rest of the NCISA committee.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

As Kathy and i thought it would not be long before NCISA was pushed to the front and seen as the torch bearer for everybody that is concerned at the perilous financial plight that is racing in our direction and the continuing under achievement on the field.

That is not a problem as NCISA is there to represent the fans of our club.

Last Thursday the NCISA committee held its October monthly meeting and it was by far the longest meeting held for many a moon.

What i am now going to say will be seen as a cop out by some(certainly Smudger) but whatever course NCISA takes will be democratic and careful thought will given to the consequences for Norwich City Football Club.

It was decided to wait and see what is said by Delia and the rest of the board at the AGM.All we have to go on at this moment in time is media speculation and rumours.

If what is said is not to the fans liking NCISA will be contacting EVERY SINGLE ONE of its members with a questionaire.

The make up of that questionaire is dependant on the outcome of the AGM.

In the meantime please contact me at J.TILSON@SKY.COM and i will collate all your views and pass on to the rest of the NCISA committee.

[/quote]

Can I just add that you can also send your views to ncisa@hotmail.co.uk which enables all of the committee to pick them up.

Okay I have read your posts, John and Kathy. I understand your stance given the time consideration. Even had the committee decided to take some sort of action, I doubt anything could have been organised ahead of the AGM. I do however think that this questionnaire is much needed and I hope that the replies can be collated and presented to the board for their consideration as soon as they can.

Can I though pose a question to both of you (as I know you are both shareholders and doubtless will attend). As you John, have mentioned in another thread, the usual board stooges will no doubt have their say in an attempt to quell any unrest - would it then be possible for someone from the committee also to read out a considered statement giving NCISA members'' concerns? Is this a possibility on the night or not?

I am sure there are several of us who could email NCISA with things we would like to address to the club and maybe such thoughts and opinions would actually sink home if voiced by the organisation. I now the board may nit pick a bit and ask whether this is all the opinions of shareholders, but perhaps you could qualify that with some sort of identification such as names or share cert numbers for example.

Smudger I think you are being very harsh on NCISA and in particular John, who has listened to your views at length.

What we do need to remember in this is that NCISA is not a bunch of anarchists, they are there to represent all their members and to reflect their views.  That is why it is necessary to see what the members want as a whole and not just the more vociferous.

Every single committee member has gauged opinion from NCISA members and fans at large and the response that came back to the meeting was that despite severe unrest most felt that to do anything before the AGM was presumptuous.  Now that doesn''t mean that even during the AGM events may change that feeling, but like it or not Smudger you are in the minority that feel something should be done beforehand.

Speaking as just one member of NCISA I remain firmly of the opinion that change at boardroom level is necessary but I want to hear if anything is happening at the AGM, and if nothing is (or indeed has) then I will be shouting as loud as you.

And what if despite putting the business being publicly put up for sale there is no buyer given there is very few people with the necessary wealth or inclination to buy a loss making business in a loss making market in the middle of no where?