Sign in to follow this  
Carl Moores Wallet

News about the current board

Sal I want to believe too, but sadly until it''s in black and white on the official website I just take what''s on here as gossip.  So many wind-ups the last year on here I have lost total faith.

Well another shambolic performace by manager and players alike.  Lets hope that Delia does the decent thing and sells up a.s.a.p.  Not long until the annual general meeting.  Will we be greetd by more board spin or maybe just maybe positive news and a lifeline for this club.  Very cloak & dagger at present no takeover rumours at all on this site

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]This thread stinks of cow shite. Has from the first post.[:@][/quote]

Somewhat agree with you, however I think we all love to hold a glimmer of hope [:)]

You have to hope dont you.  Hope that the good times are round the corner with new direction and new purpose.  The current board are past their sell by date!!

this for sale saga is rather like one huge drawn out transfer window - we all start thinking a deal will be down, and nowt happens, then hope turns to despair and still nowt happens!!!regretfully, the smiths have been trying to sell the club during the biggest banking crisis since the start of world war one - according to the deputy bank of england governor,,,and yep, theres plenty of clubs up for sale now, and no buyers - so in my opinion, until the banking system settles down, nowt will happen,,,my guess is, we''ll be selling players in jan, to help city get new loans in and plug donny''s black-hole , with the smiths aiming (hoping) to keep the club in this league, so that come next spring, when the crunch has eased,and banks are at least lending to each other again, they will be able to sell at a price they are reasonably happy with...so yeah - this season has ended for me already - i''m expecting to see a few good displays (like the wolves and brum matches) and a few bum ones, coupled with a mid-table finish...

I struggle to see a mid table finish.  Away form shocking.  Home form stuttering.  Injuries developing.  All of this combined with Delia clinging on to the club and no public attempt to encourage a sale and we are in trouble.

Take away Leroy Lita''s goals and we would be in even more trouble.  When he goes back what will we do.  No stability and no ambition.

Desperate for good news tomorrow

Well hopefully the AGM will shed some light on what is or isn''t going on.  Tonight is the night when we find out just if anyone with so called inside information is correct or has been leading some fans a merry dance. [:D]

Let''s all just hope there is something positive said at the AGM, or things could get nasty.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]this for sale saga is rather like one huge drawn out transfer window - we all start thinking a deal will be down, and nowt happens, then hope turns to despair and still nowt happens!!!

regretfully, the smiths have been trying to sell the club during the biggest banking crisis since the start of world war one - according to the deputy bank of england governor,,,

and yep, theres plenty of clubs up for sale now, and no buyers - so in my opinion, until the banking system settles down, nowt will happen,,,

my guess is, we''ll be selling players in jan, to help city get new loans in and plug donny''s black-hole , with the smiths aiming (hoping) to keep the club in this league, so that come next spring, when the crunch has eased,and banks are at least lending to each other again, they will be able to sell at a price they are reasonably happy with...

so yeah - this season has ended for me already - i''m expecting to see a few good displays (like the wolves and brum matches) and a few bum ones, coupled with a mid-table finish...

[/quote]

We haven''t got any players to sell in January LGT, any that we do have that are any good don''t belong to us. Can''t see anyone being interested in Marshall with the amount of mistakes he''s made this year and there isn''t any others that we own that would be worth more than 500k.

[quote user="kdncfc"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]this for sale saga is rather like one huge drawn out transfer window - we all start thinking a deal will be down, and nowt happens, then hope turns to despair and still nowt happens!!!

regretfully, the smiths have been trying to sell the club during the biggest banking crisis since the start of world war one - according to the deputy bank of england governor,,,

and yep, theres plenty of clubs up for sale now, and no buyers - so in my opinion, until the banking system settles down, nowt will happen,,,

my guess is, we''ll be selling players in jan, to help city get new loans in and plug donny''s black-hole , with the smiths aiming (hoping) to keep the club in this league, so that come next spring, when the crunch has eased,and banks are at least lending to each other again, they will be able to sell at a price they are reasonably happy with...

so yeah - this season has ended for me already - i''m expecting to see a few good displays (like the wolves and brum matches) and a few bum ones, coupled with a mid-table finish...

[/quote]

We haven''t got any players to sell in January LGT, any that we do have that are any good don''t belong to us. Can''t see anyone being interested in Marshall with the amount of mistakes he''s made this year and there isn''t any others that we own that would be worth more than 500k.

[/quote]

Croft and Russell maybe. There must be a couple lower league clubs who might take these two wasters of ours hands? Possably get £800k for the two of them? Add Cureton to the mix as well: £200k? Thats £1m for a nice target man. However we all know that any money the club recieves from selling players wont be reinvested back in the team. You can thank auntie Delia for that. At best we will secure another couple of loans.

Agree about Marshall. His value must have really plummeted this season. No one wants a liability between the posts. I believe he is a quality keeper though.

Not to me it doesn''t but then again nothing at our club makes any sense lately from the managers selections to why the club think a restaurant/car park is more important than having players as assets.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]So selling what would be our "best" assets just to bring in a target man seems sensible to you?[/quote]

They are hardly our best assets are they. Croft has no end product and Russell has anger issues. I think you know why Cureton needs to move on. These are our most expendable players imo, they offer very little to the squad but dissapointment. But like I said, even if we did cash in, the money would most likely dissapear anyway. With Roeder going nowhere, our only hope is to strengthen the squad. If selling players will enable a couple of decent new loans so be it.

Btw - You getting WAW on Friday Star?

Obviously I was kind of being sarcastic, not that they are our best, that they are our only real assets seeing as they are probably the some of of the bunch we actually own (Cureton withstanding).

Yeah I should be getting WAW, heard it''s the same engine as COD4 so online should be just as good if not better, we''ll have to get the clan going on then new one.

Either Delia was lying about no new investment on the horizon or a few people have been fed false information, maybe she should have said no takers for her shares at the inflated price she is asking for them.

lol I knew it was bulls**t.

That little pin prick of hope has just be destroyed for many fans.

Those saying there was fresh investment should hang their heads in shame for giving the fans false hope, and that includes Delia Smith at the RNS.

So then Butler were you fed false information.  Note you havent posted any updates for some time.  Did your source name Peter Cullum or just potential investors??

[quote user="Soldier on"]So then Butler were you fed false information.  Note you havent posted any updates for some time.  Did your source name Peter Cullum or just potential investors??[/quote]

To be fair Butler has explained on one of the other threads,