Sign in to follow this  
hurricane

Fake Football Players

Anyone else see the programme on sky 3 i think about the italian guy who was going around the country having trials with various clubs pretending to be a pro??

[quote user="hurricane"]Anyone else see the programme on sky 3 i think about the italian guy who was going around the country having trials with various clubs pretending to be a pro??[/quote]

yea i saw it as well. The bit where they finally met him was classic '' you are a con man'' (words to that effect)

''yea and?''

[quote user="topcanary1971"]it happened to southampton a few years ago ,i watched it on tv tthing is this guy printed his own cv and saints played him ,he nearly scored as well!!![/quote]

Ali Dia.

[quote user="topcanary1971"]it happened to southampton a few years ago ,i watched it on tv tthing is this guy printed his own cv and saints played him ,he nearly scored as well!!![/quote]It was Graeme Sounness who got conned.  The guy wrote to them saying he was George Weah''s cousin and they brought him on as sub.  They took him off after about 10 minutes when they realised they had been conned!!

Maybe we got Drazen Muzinic''s twin brother?

Did anybody really check it out?

I mean it were at the heights of the cold war an'' all that.

Who knows what we really got ourselves from behind that there iron curtain.

Stuff of mystery thrillers if you ask me.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Maybe we got Drazen Muzinic''s twin brother?

Did anybody really check it out?

I mean it were at the heights of the cold war an'' all that.

Who knows what we really got ourselves from behind that there iron curtain.

Stuff of mystery thrillers if you ask me.

OTBC

[/quote]

Justin Fashanu said that Drazen got cold feet and sent his milkman instead... he was probably right!

jas :)

[quote user="ncfcfaithful"][quote user="topcanary1971"]it happened to southampton a few years ago ,i watched it on tv tthing is this guy printed his own cv and saints played him ,he nearly scored as well!!![/quote]

It was Graeme Sounness who got conned.  The guy wrote to them saying he was George Weah''s cousin and they brought him on as sub.  They took him off after about 10 minutes when they realised they had been conned!!
[/quote]

Yes I do have sympathy For Graeme Sounness as I was a victim of a con when manager of Little Barningham , this player turned up one day and assured me he was Dave Watsons brother and was a better centre half than his brother . well I jumped at the chance as I had lost my regular centre half Fred who was in the harvest and working all hrs and Fred pleaded with me as he was 64 and would be retired next season and he could devote his whole time to the team .

Now Fred was built like a stack and yes I will admit was about as mobile but players had a hard job getting around him , he was partnered by Billy K, who was a fitness fanatic of 68 , now Billy was the only person who in later life ran over himself with his own tractor and I swear to you that is true and people that know me will tell you that its true . This accident ended Billys playing days as he broke his hip and never was the same again .

At right back I had George F, who was a chain smoker and would often light up during a match , I tried hard to break George of this habit but to no avail , you could always hear George coming because of his matches in his pocket rattling and as George didn''t care if he kicked the ball or a leg I did foster this image of a rattle of a rattlesnake .

However I digress back to the signing of this Watson , Yes it cost me a whole sirloin on the bone to secure his signature and he looked the part as I sat in his car with him and got him to sign the forms , I could hardly make him out with his thick Liverpool  accent . However I was a bit concerned when a week later when making his debut he took to the field with a walking stick , I thought he will leave it behind the goal when we kick off but no , he preceded to play with it and I will admit he was ace with it , It was like a third leg to him and any high balls he was swatting down like a tennis player .

The Ref had no idea what to do , he was letting some of it go but was blowing up for overhead smashes , dropped volleys seem o.k. until there was one smash that nearly took the back of the net out . The ref decided to send him off . I knew I had been conned when Watson said "you wait Charlie Nobbs If I see you at the Black Boys tonight I will put my stick across your back" No sign of a Liverpool accent , I knew then I had been conned out of a whole sirloin on the bone....[:D]....arrdee.