Sign in to follow this  
jim blair

Fotheringham goes or i do

I will make a promise here and now..if Fotheringham is ever given another deal at this club, i will never go to another game at Carrow rd.my 41 years of continuos support through thick and thin will not become 42. i just could not stomach seeing my season ticket money used in this way. Worst Norwich captain in living memory..

my advice is to sleep on it JB - yeah, fozzy didn''t produce tonight, but then neither did the entire team,,,the boys will know they''ve let another sell out crowd down - expect to see a much better show on sat!!!roedy''s heroes will ride into town, make no mistake>>>

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]my advice is to sleep on it JB - yeah, fozzy didn''t produce tonight, but then neither did the entire team,,,

the boys will know they''ve let another sell out crowd down - expect to see a much better show on sat!!!

roedy''s heroes will ride into town, make no mistake>>>
[/quote]

how can you stick up for him hes sh!t

[quote user="Polar"]shocking reaction....
[/quote]

It would be, if it was based on just tonight''s performance. However, I should imagine that, like a number of posters on here, the comment stems from watching Fotheringham over a couple of seasons.

Did you notice how he just went off down the tunnel at the end of the match - no thanks to us fans having to put up with all that frustration once again.

[quote user="jim blair"]I will make a promise here and now..if Fotheringham is ever given another deal at this club, i will never go to another game at Carrow rd.my 41 years of continuos support through thick and thin will not become 42. i just could not stomach seeing my season ticket money used in this way. Worst Norwich captain in living memory..[/quote]

quite frankly if you support ''continously through thick and thin'' then one player shouldn''t make you give up your season ticket...

but you are correct on fozzy being useless...the bloke is andy hughes in disguise

maybe because he was frustrated.Fozzy is a decent player, and he looked a decent captain when i watched him on saturday so for now he has my support and its disgusting that while a player wears our colors there are people who don''t support them. Hughes for example, he tried exceedingly hard to prove his doubters wrong and won alot over with his effort, Doherty to an extent as well last season, Pattison has turned it round and now its fozzys turn

[quote user="Myra Hawtree"]Did you notice how he just went off down the tunnel at the end of the match - no thanks to us fans having to put up with all that frustration once again.[/quote]

Maybe he needed a number two, well you never know [:)]

Seriously that action from him says more about him than I ever could.

[quote user="Polar"]maybe because he was frustrated.

Fozzy is a decent player, and he looked a decent captain when i watched him on saturday so for now he has my support and its disgusting that while a player wears our colors there are people who don''t support them. Hughes for example, he tried exceedingly hard to prove his doubters wrong and won alot over with his effort, Doherty to an extent as well last season, Pattison has turned it round and now its fozzys turn

[/quote]

he will never turn it round hes crap

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Myra Hawtree"]Did you notice how he just went off down the tunnel at the end of the match - no thanks to us fans having to put up with all that frustration once again.[/quote]Maybe he needed a number two, well you never know [:)]

[/quote]Why don''t you just come out and say he was crap???????!!!!!![:@]

Fozzy seems to play well when the team does, and when it doesn''t, he''s shocking, i can see how this happens, as he''s in the thick of things, and if the rest of the team are messing around, he''s hardly gonna find the rhythm of the game as he likes to do

[quote user="Smudged"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Myra Hawtree"]Did you notice how he just went off down the tunnel at the end of the match - no thanks to us fans having to put up with all that frustration once again.[/quote]Maybe he needed a number two, well you never know [:)]

[/quote]Why don''t you just come out and say he was crap???????!!!!!![:@]

[/quote]

lol if that''s what I meant that''s what I would have said, no beating about the bush with me, say what ya mean, mean what ya say is my motto.

He might have been desperate for a tom tit, touching cloth ya know what I mean lol

Lappin got thrown out into the cold for less (and I guess Semmy was dropped for playing well....) Don''t worry though Glenn''s a hypocrite and Fozzy''ll be playing on saturday....[:''(]

[quote user="AndyJR"]I tend to support the players Dr.Bunsen.
[/quote]

yeah i couldnt agree more support the players. but hes got to do his bit!!! im not usually negative about the team or the players but after tonight fozzy has to be dropped hes been crap all season!!! if we support the players which we have been turning out in our thousands again then he needs to do his bit. again the worst player on the pitch tonight!!!! but hey its ok for that toss&r he can go and pick up his 10,000 at the end of this week whereas we have to go out to work to be able to support our beloved team and thats what we get from the team DISGRACE

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Fozzy seems to play well when the team does, and when it doesn''t, he''s shocking, i can see how this happens, as he''s in the thick of things, and if the rest of the team are messing around, he''s hardly gonna find the rhythm of the game as he likes to do
[/quote]

A good player - especially the captain - will get hold of the game by the scruff of the neck if the team''s playing poorly. Can you see that happening with Fotheringham? I can''t - in my opinion he just drops deeper to hide in front of the back four and plays more backward / sideways passes in an attempt to give the impression that he''s influencing a game.

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]The same Mark Fotheringham who on the stats is in the Championship team of the week. What a ridiculous overreaction.[/quote]

big woop!!! 1 good game!!! hes the bloody captain he should be playing well every game!!!

My problem is that he seems unable to pass the ball any other direction than backwards. I thought he was appaling tonight. It''s bad enough that at best he seems to be an average player but he also seems incapable of raising the teams performance. We needed Fozzy to be Churchill tonight, instead we got Gordon Brown.

Oh don''t worry about the fans taking their anger out on Fozzy. They just boo scape-goat Cureton instead...

this to me looks like a classic case of people trying to pin the blame of tonight''s performance on an individualit was just an all-round poor display from the whole team, it happens.

[quote user="Fellas"]Oh don''t worry about the fans taking their anger out on Fozzy. They just boo scape-goat Cureton instead...
[/quote]

There always has to be a scapegoat.  If I was going to boo tonight it would have been the whole team not just one player, but as it goes I don''t boo as I don''t think it helps with confidence.

Poor ole'' Jamie, at least the bandage made him 6 inches taller, hey maybe that was the plan, bandage him so he''s taller lol [:)]

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]The same Mark Fotheringham who on the stats is in the Championship team of the week. What a ridiculous overreaction.[/quote]

Ah, yes, pass completion - I think that even I can pass 10 yards backwards or sideways for 90 minutes.

The bottom line is, if Clingan were fit, Fozzy should be dropped, but he''s not, so he''s not. But still, this thread started by a ridiculous overreaction statement.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Fellas"]Oh don''t worry about the fans taking their anger out on Fozzy. They just boo scape-goat Cureton instead...[/quote]

There always has to be a scapegoat.  If I was going to boo tonight it would have been the whole team not just one player, but as it goes I don''t boo as I don''t think it helps with confidence.

Poor ole'' Jamie, at least the bandage made him 6 inches taller, hey maybe that was the plan, bandage him so he''s taller lol [:)]

[/quote]yeah spot on...

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]The bottom line is, if Clingan were fit, Fozzy should be dropped, but he''s not, so he''s not. But still, this thread started by a ridiculous overreaction statement.[/quote]

Over reaction in your mind maybe, but not in his, and none of us have any rights to say how a person should be feeling.  You never know with a fresh new day tomorrow he may regret what he says tonight, we''ve all been there.

Us fans are passionate, it''s a pity some of our players aren''t just as passionate.

[quote user="A steaming pile of Efan Ekoku"]this to me looks like a classic case of people trying to pin the blame of tonight''s performance on an individualit was just an all-round poor display from the whole team, it happens. [/quote]On the whole I agree, every player in the team must share the blame for tonight. However I don''t feel Fozzy performs at anywhere near an acceptable level to be a first team regular, let alone captain.I think this reaction is the culmination of some very average performances.But still overall I think we''ll be alright this season, we just need to get that first win at home against Sheff U!