Sign in to follow this  
spm2866

Roeder Rules

[quote user="spm2866"]

Glenn says "PLAY MY WAY OR YOU DON''T PLAY" to Hoolahan, is this unrest or a manager making sure the players know their place?

OTBC

[/quote]Where''s this story from?

is that a dressing room revolt i hear????

What odds were the bookies offering on Roeder to get the shove again?? i need some cash.

jas :)

Wrong headline if you ask me. Roeder''s asking him to get stuck in rather pansy about in challenges, not to ''play my way''. Getting stuck in, in the said scenario should apply to any footballer on the planet anyhow, from sunday league to professional.

Totally agree with Roeder on this one, stamping his authority with good reason (as he should as manager) I also agree with his comment about Hooly being a big fish in a small pond at Blackpool, that is not the case here

Sounds fair enough to me - the players do need to be made more aware of what is expected of them at times; of course you don''t want to rid them of their flair, but in a match situation you need to have them playing ''properly'' first and foremost, certainly within the first few minutes.  Hoolahan has not yet proven himself enough here to be showboating.

dont agree with slagging players off for mistakes especially when its not an obvious one this can only demotivate players. hes blaming hoolahan for the goal for not winning the ball 80yards out! the fact that stefanovic completely missed the ball and kennedy failed to make a decent challenge is apparently irrelevant. blaming wes is completely crazy! roeders man managment style only works for so long before it wears thin. problems should be kept in the dressing room. wes plays his own way and has his own unigue style, i hope this doesnt change! i think roeder is out of order. 

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

so when people make mistakes it means there not giving it there all does it?

[/quote]

not going in for tackles isn''t giving it their all to me but obviously you don''t mind our players letting the opposition have the ball every time there is a chance to win it back

[quote user="lincoln canary"]well whether it was a mistake or lack of effort my point is that roeder should not dress down the players in public. after so long the players will be come sick and tired of it and not want to play for him[/quote]

Totally agree, when GR first joined us, i''m pretty sure he said he didn''t put players down in public, and he''s gone back on what he said, and doing just that.  I am losing faith in GR slowly.

Whilst I know players are there to do a job, and if the players don''t do it they should be told, but to do it publicly is bang out of order IMO.

Sorry but I don''t agree with all this slagging the players down in public, there''s a time and place for it preferably behind a closed door.

What happened to Roeder saying he wouldn''t criticize the players in public, that didn''t last long did it?

Me thinks he nneds to go on a management skills course which will teach him to motivate and build confidence not destroy it!!

It is strange how he says '' I don''t like to criticise individual

players but'' and then does just that. If you don''t like doing it then

simply don''t Glen!!

[quote user="cityangel"]

Sorry but I don''t agree with all this slagging the players down in public, there''s a time and place for it preferably behind a closed door.

What happened to Roeder saying he wouldn''t criticize the players in public, that didn''t last long did it?

Me thinks he nneds to go on a management skills course which will teach him to motivate and build confidence not destroy it!!

[/quote]

Spot on, CA - slating the players in public is poor management, as it''s hardly going to do much for a player, who will just feel ridiculed and bitter. A private word is much more effective. Roeder seems to publicly criticize his players on a weekly basis - how often does a top class manager like Ferguson, Moyes or Redknapp do that?  

lincoln canary - I doubt players will get sick of a public dressing down because I think any more criticism will happen behind closed doors.This may be unfortunate for Wes, however now the players know if they don''t do the things the managers asks on the pitch there are huge consequences. Going to the press on ONE occasion is a great reality check for all players the downside of going against the Manager''s expectations on the pitch.I doubt this will be a regular occurance, more a warning to not only Wes, but all the players to do what Glenn asks