Sign in to follow this  
Be Smart & sell to Cullum

The Kitty is launched, at last!

Good to see that the Norwich City Kitty is finally up and running!

As has been shown in this transfer window, the board has no money to give Roeder (well just a few pennies here and there), so maybe if we get behind this venture (if we can afford a few quid a month), come January transfer window he might have some cash to compete a bit better.

I thought maybe if the Kitty was giving the club money that the directors wouldn''t bother, but as we have seen without the Kitty they haven''t bothered either, so good luck to the Kitty, bring it on!

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/Sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED26%20Aug%202008%2017%3A13%3A29%3A050

They got there in the end [:D] and the publicity in the papers will help their cause. Hopefully at some stage they''ll have a meeting for all interested Norwich fans to explain to us exactly how it will work and give us a chance to raise any concerns.

Have to say that the website is much improved and much more user friendly.

[quote user="cityangel"]

They got there in the end [:D] and the publicity in the papers will help their cause. Hopefully at some stage they''ll have a meeting for all interested Norwich fans to explain to us exactly how it will work and give us a chance to raise any concerns.

Have to say that the website is much improved and much more user friendly.

[/quote]

I think C/A most of that has been gone through and is on their constitution bit of the website anyhow.

[quote user="billy bunter"]

[quote user="joeydownam"]HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAT DICKS U ALL ARE NAAAAAAAAAARIDGE ARE SKINT AND U SERIOUSLY THINK SUM OLD COGGERS PENNIES ARE GONNA SIGN U ARE 5TH CHOICE STRIKER ALAN LEE[/quote]

why did 5th choice striker lee start in your biggest game of the season vs wolves at weekend? get your head out your ass son! we hardly world beaters but neither is your own sh!tty team

[/quote]

Billy, this boy is in serious danger of making you look intelligent.  That worries me.

I think the Kitty idea is a great idea, until I read this line....

Club officials have stayed neutral to the idea conceived by City fans, and while the kitty committee can stipulate where the money should go, ultimate responsibility for where the money is spent would rest with the Norwich board

Now I am not so keen to donate.

If it had read that the board had guaranteed the money would 100% go towards tranfers then I might change my mind.

But good luck!!

how does it work ?

Fees shall be paid into an interest bearing Bank Account and released upon request as an interest free loan to the Football Club when a transfer target is identified to be repaid on the release or sale of the player by the Football Club.

Will it work?

Does the club want interest free loans ?

No offence meant to the people who have set this up, but I really don''t see it catching on, obviously I am willing to be proved wrong. I think it is a commendable idea, but to raise £600,000 is ambitious and I for one don''t think they will pull it off.

Like I said, I am willing to be proved wrong, but I think it is all a bit too ambitious.

I''ve thought of amnother great idea.

We could go round pubs and clubs on a Friday and Saturday night sell roses.

How''s that?

good idea but i seriously doubt u will be able to raise enough money to help towards the transfer fees when will the f*cking board allow gr some cash to spend 

[quote user="5-4-1"]

how does it work ?

Fees shall be paid into an interest bearing Bank Account and released upon request as an interest free loan to the Football Club when a transfer target is identified to be repaid on the release or sale of the player by the Football Club.

Will it work?

Does the club want interest free loans ?

[/quote]

thats on the assumption the club actually give any money back to the Kitty... if the kitty raises say 500,000 and the club sells said player 3 years down the line for 4 million quid... that money will be retained by the club in its entirety and not paid back into the kitty.

I want it to work.. but am still convinced it wont....

What happens when the Kitty is empty? what if the fans arent happy with the signing and want their money back? If the club changes ownership (say cullum comes in) and he has no interest in the kitty how long will it take for all supporters direct debits to be cancelled and their money to be refunded? who wil lthen pick up the liability on any unpaid bills regarding it?

jas :)

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

I''ve thought of amnother great idea.

We could go round pubs and clubs on a Friday and Saturday night sell roses.

How''s that?

[/quote]

But not the coffee creams!

I will make this perfectly clear, Funds are only to be used for transfer fees, to help the club compete for players, the purpose of this initiative is solely to help improve the squad.

It''s aim is to help the club bring in targets identified by the manager. The funds belong to the fans and they ultimately are donating for a purpose, it is the Kitty''s responsibility to adhere to the supporters wishes..

Lets keep concentrating on making the Kitty website a success, the visit numbers are rising daily, donations are rising, business plans are in place. Everything is going in the right direction, It will take time to fully mature but when it does i''m sure any doubters will come around.

To hear more ,we are conducting and interview on radio Norfolk this afternoon.

Forgive me for being a bit dense today, but is the bit in the paper wrong then when it says........

Club officials have stayed neutral to the idea conceived by City fans, and while the kitty committee can stipulate where the money should go, ultimate responsibility for where the money is spent would rest with the Norwich board.

Because that says to me that it''s ultimately up to the board where the money goes, if they want to spend it on pots and pans they can.

Have you got a legally binding document that both parties have signed, which states the NC Kitty money shall ''''only'''' be used for transfers?

[quote user="Cannycanary"]

I will make this perfectly clear, Funds are only to be used for transfer fees, to help the club compete for players, the purpose of this initiative is solely to help improve the squad.

It''s aim is to help the club bring in targets identified by the manager. The funds belong to the fans and they ultimately are donating for a purpose, it is the Kitty''s responsibility to adhere to the supporters wishes..

Lets keep concentrating on making the Kitty website a success, the visit numbers are rising daily, donations are rising, business plans are in place. Everything is going in the right direction, It will take time to fully mature but when it does i''m sure any doubters will come around.

To hear more ,we are conducting and interview on radio Norfolk this afternoon.

[/quote]

What time is it on the Radio please?

If everyone thinks "Oh, it won''t work" and then refuses to donate on that thought then it obviously won''t!  (sorry, bad english, me am tired innit)Bad timing for such a scheme IMO.  Hard economic times ahead, and although I''d gladly donate what I can spare (such is the idea), there''s not going to be much over the foreseeable future.

[/quote]

and you have a concrete gaurentee that the club will do this?

as it says in the EDP Article once the money is in the clubs hands they can do what they like with it.... you have NO say whatsoever

City Angel, I hope you are keeping well,  I have to be a Radio Norfolk at 4.30pm.

Jas, i wish you would understand that the club are NOT utter rogues, they understand that the funds generated and donated have been done so with a purpose, this cannot be changed, ever since the first donation was made we were obligated to make sure as an organisation to make the funds available for it''s purpose (Transfers) this is no different to another organisation that state clearly that city shares will be purchased to gain a seat on the board.

Fans want to see more investment into the team its all over this message board, we can either sit on our hands or we can do something. What facility do we have up until now for fans to direct money at the team? The fund has been made watertight just read the constitution page.

We have a range of products that will help local businesses that help them to generate new orders within & outside the region. (if you have a business contact us to find out more).

This club has great facilities and great support what it is clearly lacking is finance, we need to stop pointing fingers and start helping the club, there no better place than to start than at the team itself. 

Regards Steve.

[quote user="Reg Presley"]I''ll gladly donate. Can someone let me know what their registered charity number is please?[/quote]The Kitty have never sold themselves as a charity Reg

[quote user="Est_1902"][quote user="Reg Presley"]I''ll gladly donate. Can someone let me know what their registered charity number is please?[/quote]The Kitty have never sold themselves as a charity Reg[/quote]

Yes they have. Mr Ian Walpole said on January 24 2008

"As I said earlier, I have no idea how big this will be, so I can''t

really

comment on admin costs but all will be out in the open. We have already

got accountants, solicitors etc on board for free and they will deal

with all that side. As for tax it will be a charitable trust."

Pink ''un Poster "Cannycanary" wrote in reply to a question on 10 February 2008:

The King of Prussia wrote:
So what is the fund''s charitable purpose?

To help the happiness of the counties children if need be. We are

working to achieve charitable status so full benefits of the Kitty are

available to the club. The Fund will achieve the best financial

position.

[quote user="Be Smart "]

Good to see that the Norwich City Kitty is finally up and running!

As has been shown in this transfer window, the board has no money to give Roeder (well just a few pennies here and there), so maybe if we get behind this venture (if we can afford a few quid a month), come January transfer window he might have some cash to compete a bit better.

I thought maybe if the Kitty was giving the club money that the directors wouldn''t bother, but as we have seen without the Kitty they haven''t bothered either, so good luck to the Kitty, bring it on!

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/Sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED26%20Aug%202008%2017%3A13%3A29%3A050

[/quote]

ahhhhhhhh bless naaarige are gonna donate a few pennies to there little club

I would have loved to donate but I won''t unless there is written agreement legally that the money from the Kitty will go towards the playing squad only.  I don''t trust the board anymore.  Sorry, and good luck.

City Angel, I hope you are keeping well,  I have to be a Radio Norfolk at 4.30pm.

Jas, i wish you would understand that the club are NOT utter rogues, they understand that the funds generated and donated have been done so with a purpose, this cannot be changed, ever since the first donation was made we were obligated to make sure as an organisation to make the funds available for it''s purpose (Transfers) this is no different to another organisation that state clearly that city shares will be purchased to gain a seat on the board.

Fans want to see more investment into the team its all over this message board, we can either sit on our hands or we can do something. What facility do we have up until now for fans to direct money at the team? The fund has been made watertight just read the constitution page.

We have a range of products that will help local businesses that help them to generate new orders within & outside the region. (if you have a business contact us to find out more).

This club has great facilities and great support what it is clearly lacking is finance, we need to stop pointing fingers and start helping the club, there no better place than to start than at the team itself. 

Regards Steve.

[/quote]

i know the board arent utter rogues.. but you dont have any guarentee from them that the money will go to transfers.. you cant give me a straight answer for one... The club have said before that "all money from player sales goes into the transfer budget" only for that to not be the case.. as has been reported on here in recent weeks...

You havent answered a number of my questions previously either... i guess you work in sales/contracts... flitting around the issue and not giving a straight answer for fear of blowing a deal?

[quote user="ncfcstar"]No offence meant to the people who have set this up, but I really don''t see it catching on, obviously I am willing to be proved wrong. I think it is a commendable idea, but to raise £600,000 is ambitious and I for one don''t think they will pull it off. Like I said, I am willing to be proved wrong, but I think it is all a bit too ambitious.[/quote]

How can something be too ambitious??? Sure it could be unrealistic (I''m not saying it is), but surely not too ambitious.

Some ideas for the kitty to raise funds -

Set up as affiliates to various gambling and poker websites - when people sign up via the links provided on the kitty site you will rake in around 30% of the revenue generated on the gambling site for life and this can be thousands.

Set up as affiliates to many online stores (in similar way to quidco.com) - this will again generate income for every sale made via the kitty website.

Anything that helps the club is a worth while cause, however I still

hope people consider joining the Norwich City Supporters Trust if they

haven''t already done so; great to raise money along side what already

comes into the club but it would be nice to ensure we have a democratic

say over what it''s spent on.

If the kitty gets charitable status, we can donate money and claim gift aid as long as we''re tax payers.  Which would mean £10 equates to approximately £12.75.For that reason alone, I doubt the kitty will get it.

my questions still havent been answered.

i will only invest once im 100% certain its going to work and 100% certain i can get my money back if i ever need too.

jas, i would love to get you on board, if you met me and the other people who have got involved, you would know that our intentions are totally honourable and that we want the same as you as we are fans, funds are 100% safe, the committee has made sure of this, if the the unlikely end of the fund ever did happen the funds will be donated to the youth accadamy, period. This is all stated in the constitution page of the kitty.

Will it work? It already is, we have taken the first few steps and every week we are moving forward. As we go on it will get better and better.

Is it worth while? I think so, If we have the support there is no doubt in my mind the site will be recieving massive volumes of traffic, more and more advertisers will come along with new ideas to make money which is added to donations.

Check out this rather than me writing it again.  Kitty Forum thread.

sorry - but the whole premise smacks of a load of ole bollards!!!i''m all for extra investment, but it seems the club are giving this venture a wide berth - and for me, it lacks credibility - after all, why should city fans selflessly give of their monies to support the club - it seems the NCFC board don''t???  why don''t the board comeout and say they are at least prepared to match or double any funds rasied by fans???  no, the NCFC board will be the main beneficiaries imo - just as they were when fans subscribed to the new share issue - helping NCFC to gain promotion, and the club to asset build with the prem money that rolled in...so, that when a certain billionaire comes along, the board wants £50m+ to be bought out lock, stock and barrel.,/its a nice idea, in an ideal world - but imo the city board have shown they''re business people first, and fans second - i doubt if many fans will be taken with this proposal?<>