Sign in to follow this  
Rasputin was a C...

Mick Channon in car crash!

According to Sky Sport News, Mick Channon is in a serious condition following a car crash. I hope it''s not too serious and that he recovers quickly. All I know of him as a player is that he scored a few goals for us and helped the club to the League Cup win in 1985.

Been in two myself, and the recovery period isn''t very nice at all.

Get well soon Mick, I hope you make a quick and healthy recovery.

i got rear ended by a lorry 12 months ago on Dereham road... thankfully he was only going about 15mph but he wrote my fiesta off.. if he had been going at any speed i wouldnt be here today....

Best of luck with the Recover Mick channon, Train us up a winner again.

jas :)

Get well soon Top Bloke ... great player could do with someone like him at the moment!

Best wishes Mick

[quote user="Hoolahoop"]

Been in two myself, and the recovery period isn''t very nice at all.

Get well soon Mick, I hope you make a quick and healthy recovery.

[/quote]Remind me to never accept a lift from you!All the best Mick - a cracking pair of sideburns as I remember.

Channon For England!That was such a great chant, complete piss take, but was alway''s one of my favourites in a City shirt  while he was there.Another one to add to the list of real football characters, who we used to sign towards the end of their careers. Get well soon ol'' boy!

A genuine footballing great, always played with a smile on his face.

His 15 year old son was also hurt in the crash.

Wishing both a speedy recovery.

Sorry also to hear that his long time friend and racing agent died in the crash. 

Hope he makes a full recovery but a real shame about his close friend who died.

Yes indeed City Angel. I too wish him well, it''s not just the physical injuries but also the death of a friend of 30 years. Good friends are hard to come by and too precious to lose.

Mike Channon was 36 when we won the Milk Cup and his goals earlier in the competition helped get us through tricky early rounds where we needed replays to beat Preston and Aldershot before he scored his 300th league goal in the 4th round victory over Notts Co.  I smiled when I read about the "lead legs sticker" because I still have the quotes he made after he scored that 300th goal :-

"You''re as young as you feel. We were beaten at Leicester on Saturday and everyone said I was past it. We''ve won tonight, I''ve scored and everyone is saying I''ll go on forever. That''s the way it is in football. Sometimes I feel in need of new legs. Other times I don''t. I don''t find any defenders out there standing to one side and saying ''you''re 35, I''ll let you pass''. They really ought to give you 5 yards start but they don''t. They treat you the same as a 23-year-old who''s full of running - and I wouldn''t have it any other way."

Good luck Mike Channon [*]