Sign in to follow this  
Bobert

Seems the Earthquakes

are in a six game winning streak since Hucks joined them and are poised to reach the playoffs. I don''t remember anyone in the the NCFC management team explaining why we let him go do you?

Yes, i do, not saying it was right or wrong, but i believe the younger Hoolahan and Bell have been brought in to replace the ageing hucks. This is a league where danny Dichio bangs them in remember! Would anyone consider him to be our missing link?!

Not for the money he''s on! yeah, theres marketing and that, but he''d still send us skint. But more to the point, he''s gone over there as the signature player in the league. Are you saying that just because you''d have, say Aidan McGeady playing at norwich, you''d happily stick with Simon Lappin on the left for us because both did well in the same league last year. SPL like mls has some good players in, but also some god awful ones you wouldn''t touch with a barge pole because they''re such diverse leagues in terms of quality, SPL team to team, i.e. Hamilton-Celtic, MLS Dichio-Beckham.

The convenient argument is it was to do with money, but that wasn''t it at all, as Roeder said, he was worried about his hip.  As it''s transpired, it''s holding up fine.  I think we can all agree Roeder made a simple cock-up on this one.  Move on.

Yeah it certainly won''t be anything to do with money, as I''d imagine our wage bill this year is higher than it was last year, as we''ve signed 11 new players (I know most of them are on loan but i''d imagine we are paying there wages) and most of the players we released last season were kids who wouldn''t be earning much. I do miss Huckerby, but I miss his loyalty and passion more than anything, I think his performances on the pitch showed that he was getting past his best by a long stretch.

Hucks isn''t  (wasn''t ) only injury timebomb- Chadwick ? Ageing Doc ? All ring a Bell?

[quote user="5-4-1"]Hucks isn''t  (wasn''t ) only injury timebomb- Chadwick ? Ageing Doc ? All ring a Bell?[/quote]

rofl "ageing Doc".

When will people understand, he is not old, he may look 40, but hes only 28, thats another 4-6 years of footy.

[quote user="Tipster101"]

[quote user="5-4-1"]Hucks isn''t  (wasn''t ) only injury timebomb- Chadwick ? Ageing Doc ? All ring a Bell?[/quote]

rofl "ageing Doc".

When will people understand, he is not old, he may look 40, but hes only 28, thats another 4-6 years of footy.

[/quote]

Blimey another 4-6 years and he''s on a new contract too.

rofl "ageing Doc".

[/quote]

rofl "ageing Doc".

[/quote]

"This is a league where danny Dichio bangs them in remember! Would anyone consider him to be our missing link?!"

Beckham ?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Not for the money he''s on! yeah, theres marketing and that, but he''d still send us skint. But more to the point, he''s gone over there as the signature player in the league. Are you saying that just because you''d have, say Aidan McGeady playing at norwich, you''d happily stick with Simon Lappin on the left for us because both did well in the same league last year. SPL like mls has some good players in, but also some god awful ones you wouldn''t touch with a barge pole because they''re such diverse leagues in terms of quality, SPL team to team, i.e. Hamilton-Celtic, MLS Dichio-Beckham.
[/quote]

Can''t have it both ways, surely ?

Me, I would have Hux back like a shot. It was nothing short of criminal negligence to let him go.

It was idiotic not to have signed Taylor.

It is completely beyond belief that we have already sacrificed 7 points through want of a target man that the Club and Roeder knew we needed as long ago as January.

I''ve watched a couple of their games since Hucks joined and the standard of football is pretty dire....in fact I''d say its worse than that. I''m happy that Hucks is doing well, but he''s now playing at a much lower standard than he probably ever has.

rofl "ageing Doc".

[/quote]

LOL. Its called Doc Syndrome. Dean Ashton suffered the same terrible affliction. In fact I think Sammy Clingan has it too, he is actually only 16.

Sorry it''s a six game UNBEATEN streak.........poetic license! Doesnt change the sense of the story. Hucks coming off the bench always good for a goal just like we would have been in the Premiership for another year if we had kept Iwan. Managers are far to eager to dump the stars.Remember Malky too. Kitty would make good use of their money by paying the wages of fading stars for an extra year rather than seeking new transfer targets...... less arguements that way?

because he was on wages which his ability didn''t reflect. he was still a great player, but he wasn''t great enough to still get those premiership wages. i think if we''d offered him a new contract we''d have ended up in a bidding war with rich US clubs which we couldn''t afford to do. For one thing it would have been unsettling to Glenn''s rebuilding.

[quote user="Bobert"]

Sorry it''s a six game UNBEATEN streak.........poetic license! Doesnt change the sense of the story. Hucks coming off the bench always good for a goal just like we would have been in the Premiership for another year if we had kept Iwan. Managers are far to eager to dump the stars.Remember Malky too. Kitty would make good use of their money by paying the wages of fading stars for an extra year rather than seeking new transfer targets...... less arguements that way?

[/quote]

We''re on a 2 game unbeaten streak in the league...

[quote user="Kolin Kob"]because he was on wages which his ability didn''t reflect. he was still a great player, but he wasn''t great enough to still get those premiership wages. i think if we''d offered him a new contract we''d have ended up in a bidding war with rich US clubs which we couldn''t afford to do. For one thing it would have been unsettling to Glenn''s rebuilding.[/quote]Did he tell you what his wages were Kolin?

[quote user="Bobert"]

.... just like we would have been in the Premiership for another year if we had kept Iwan....

[/quote]

Is this a joke? Iwan Roberts, right?

He could hardly stand up in the championship, let alone score goals in the premiership. Note how his career blossomed after he left us .... not.

Hmm...Well the Earthquakes have improved dramatically since Hucks arrived but they did sign 3 other starters too including Francisco Lima and Arturo Alvarez. Huckerby IS having a field day in the M.L.S but it is also a pretty weak league..One pass, two pass, give it away...repeat for 90 mins.

But Huckerby''s influence there should not be underestimated. He has been very influential setting up goals and scoring 2 and setting up 3 in 5 games. He also been his usual self...Runs down the left, one twos into the box etc.

-Bigus

[quote user="Bobert"]are in a six game winning streak since Hucks joined them and are poised to reach the playoffs. I don''t remember anyone in the the NCFC management team explaining why we let him go do you?[/quote]Have a sit down and listen to this.  It''s a cracking tune and might help you achieve closure.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Bobert"]are in a six game winning streak since Hucks joined them and are poised to reach the playoffs. I don''t remember anyone in the the NCFC management team explaining why we let him go do you?[/quote]Have a sit down and listen to this.  It''s a cracking tune and might help you achieve closure.

[/quote]Listen , thats the least you can do when the biggest dick head on the board speaks .

[quote user="Kolin Kob"]because he was on wages which his ability didn''t reflect. he was still a great player, but he wasn''t great enough to still get those premiership wages. i think if we''d offered him a new contract we''d have ended up in a bidding war with rich US clubs which we couldn''t afford to do. For one thing it would have been unsettling to Glenn''s rebuilding.[/quote]

If you look at the official player wages figures for Hucks in MLS (they are published) you will see that competing against ''rich US clubs'' wasn''t the problem. He''s on a pittance over there, relatively speaking.