Sign in to follow this  
Chocolatebuttons

Turners

Why cant the Turners afford 2.5 million? they have supposeidly 750m. IF we cant get Ameobi who else can we get?

Who agrees?

sorry about the colour or writing befoe, the green background didn;t show up.

I think you will find its their company thats worth that, not them as individuals. I''m sure if they had that amount sloshing around in personal accounts they would love to spend it on their favourite football club!

[quote user="Chocolatebuttons"]

Why cant the Turners afford 2.5 million? they have supposeidly 750m. IF we cant get Ameobi who else can we get?

Who agrees?

[/quote]

Me for one !!! But don''t talk too loud about the board not doing their job !! Badger seems to have taken it upon himself to try and antagonise anyone who speaks against the Rabble running OUR club.........................so is Badger  on the board ???/ or a binner trying to wind us up ??? That is intended as a genuine point to debate, he is on almost every thread on here right now , plus a few he has posted himself........................suspicious ??

Hard times at Turners house. Sharon is doing weekly shop down anglia square and is smoking sovereigns instead of malboro lights. They brought a s***load of lottery tickets over the summer but none came in for them. Mrs Turners mum took a funny turn on the stairs and needs 24hr care which isn''t cheap. Andrew had to go on his best mates stag weekend in Prague, even though he didnt really want to, and came back at least 600mill poorer (and he was walking funny) He told a mate of my dads'' cosmic flying instructor that;

"just because we joined the board in a  really smug manner that suggested we could and would ride to the rescue financially doesnt mean we actually have to do anything........at all"

Mr and Mrs Turner were last seen sitting on the sofa which they keep in front garden ( they mow around it) shouting "what the f*** are you looking at" at passers by with increasing volume as they get through can after can of diamond white (which isn''t as cheap as it used to be either.)

[quote user="barclay seats"][quote user="Chocolatebuttons"]

Who agrees?

[/quote]

Me for one !!! But don''t talk too loud about the board not doing their job !! Badger seems to have taken it upon himself to try and antagonise anyone who speaks against the Rabble running OUR club.........................so is Badger  on the board ???/ or a binner trying to wind us up ??? That is intended as a genuine point to debate, he is on almost every thread on here right now , plus a few he has posted himself........................suspicious ??

[/quote]

One only. Why do you lot feel the continual need to misrepresent the facts?

It just seems that there is a coninuous inconsistecy in the posts. On the one hand we are being told that DS is a disgrace for supposedly overvaluing her shares by 4 million or so and that PC is perfectly right not to stand for this - even though it would get him control of the club.

On the other hand, we expect the Turners to shell out £2.5 million at the drop of a hat + considerable wages (taking it well beyond the £4 million ), without having control. Even if you hate Delia, don''t you think that this is a little unfair on the Turners?

[quote user="Chocolatebuttons"]

Who agrees?

[/quote]

I assume you are still at school from the assumptions in your post,   Ask your parents how much they have got and they will tell you how much cash they have got in their pockets and the bank less the credit card debts they owe.   Then tell them thta they have a house, car, furniutre whatever, tell them how rich they are and ask them for loads of money.

The answer they give you will probably also answer your thread.

If you get the point about asset wealth against liquidity then move on.  If you Google "Credit Cunch" you will discover this huge financial effect which is devastating the financial services of the country.   You will learn that credit is down, unemployment is rising and other issues such as rising fuel and food prices are squeezing household finances.

Consider then how such a situation will be affecting a business whose core business is lending money to ordinary people to buys cars and appliances.   Think that some of those people have less money and cannot pay their debts.   You might then begin to wonder whether such situations could affect the cashflow of the Turner''s business.   They have to pay their borrowings irrespective of what they get in.  (Sorry, you probably didn''t know that businesses such as the Turner''s borrow money at low rates and lend it to others at higher rates.   They have to pay the banks whether or not their borrowers pay them.)

Now ask your question again, if you really cannot answer it yourself.

And no, I don''t know the Turners.  I just keep an interets in business matters and I do know well someone who runs a similiar business

ok so if they haven''t got much money at their disposal why invest and get a seat on the board of a football club, they haven''t invested a fraction of what Delia has over the years but find themselves in a position of some importance....to sum up put up or push off, if you aren''t prepared to invest further you''ve no business being on the board of a Championship football club

Ok so they paid £2mill for two seats on the board, maybe they could buy the matching table for £25 lol.  Seriously I don''t know what good they are doing the club? 

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]ok so if they haven''t got much money at their disposal why invest and get a seat on the board of a football club, they haven''t invested a fraction of what Delia has over the years but find themselves in a position of some importance....to sum up put up or push off, if you aren''t prepared to invest further you''ve no business being on the board of a Championship football club[/quote]

They could just as easily say that if you don''t like the way they are running the Club then push off and support another one.

What the point of the turners? They''ve put £2m into the club. They work hard for their money and it''s up to them what they do with it. They didn''t have to put £2m in - but did. Why should they invest more? I''m fed up of people saying that other people should put their money into the club - do it yourself if you''re that obsessed with it. And if you don''t have that amount of money to invest - work harder or get smarter. We all had the same chance on day 1.

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]ok so if they haven''t got much money at their disposal why invest and get a seat on the board of a football club, they haven''t invested a fraction of what Delia has over the years but find themselves in a position of some importance....to sum up put up or push off, if you aren''t prepared to invest further you''ve no business being on the board of a Championship football club[/quote]

Why do you see being on the board of a football club as synonomous with pumping one''s own money into the transfer kitty,particularly as minority shareholders? That''s not the way it works.I''m not for or against the board,but I have been a businessman for 18 years and know how businesses operate.A lot of the posters on this forum have a very simplistic view predicated on the assumption that "we received £xK for that player,£yK for that player,so therefore  we must have £x+YK to spend now".All businesses have overheads; wages,heating and lighting ,insurances to name but a few.All of these have to met out of income.Have you ever considered the overall wage bill of a club like City? Things are not as simple as they are often portrayed by those with a view to promote.

[quote user="Ed Notty"]What the point of the turners? They''ve put £2m into the club. They work hard for their money and it''s up to them what they do with it. They didn''t have to put £2m in - but did. Why should they invest more? I''m fed up of people saying that other people should put their money into the club - do it yourself if you''re that obsessed with it. And if you don''t have that amount of money to invest - work harder or get smarter. We all had the same chance on day 1.[/quote]

Hmm those of us who buy a season ticket can''t flounce off in the near future and take our £365 ''loan'' back though can we....it''s naive for anyone to think in modern football that being on the board of a football club isn''t going to cost you money

I think the point is that the 20,000 season tickets we sell, not including any money from merchandise, catering, advertising, the hotel, land sales, the restaurant, etc should be enough to cover those overheads AND actually give us a fair bit to spend on players.

It''s a fair point that we have overheads that need to be met, and i''m no accountant, but some days it really does seems as if a large chunk of the cash has fallen into a black hole.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Why do you see being on the board of a football club as synonomous with pumping one''s own money into the transfer kitty,particularly as minority shareholders? That''s not the way it works.I''m not for or against the board,but I have been a businessman for 18 years and know how businesses operate.A lot of the posters on this forum have a very simplistic view predicated on the assumption that "we received £xK for that player,£yK for that player,so therefore  we must have £x+YK to spend now".All businesses have overheads; wages,heating and lighting ,insurances to name but a few.All of these have to met out of income.Have you ever considered the overall wage bill of a club like City? Things are not as simple as they are often portrayed by those with a view to promote.

[/quote]

But again that seems to imply that running a modern football club is anything like running any other business...it quite clearly isn''t...if it were based on our income we would be thriving compared to our competitors given the number of customers we have, the simple fact of the matter is that in general success at this level requires personal investment of individuals.

Dont think the Turners have anything like £750m and if they were going to invest and buy Delia out they would have done it by now.

Our best bet is still Cullum but Delia will have to go begging to him if she wants him to invest now so guess that wont happen until the heat in the kitchen gets too much for her.

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

But again that seems to imply that running a modern football club is anything like running any other business...it quite clearly isn''t...if it were based on our income we would be thriving compared to our competitors given the number of customers we have, the simple fact of the matter is that in general success at this level requires personal investment of individuals.

[/quote]

I agree that a football club is different to most other businesses,but it''s still subject to the laws of economics.The number of "customers",by which I assume you mean season ticket holders, is an interesting point,for two reasons;

1. Most of our crowd is made up of season ticket holders who,by definition,pay less per game than normal punters.Consequently a club with an equivalent crowd size but a lower proportion of season ticket holders will make a better margin.However,that is less important than:

2.It doesn''t matter how much income you make,its the relationship of income to outgoings that dictates whether you make a profit,or,indeed,survive.Look at our accounts and see what I mean.You can''t just look at one side of the equation and draw conclusions.

Nuts City Angel. If Cuuum had the interest of the club at heart he would had shelled out £2m like the Turners and quietly taken a seat on the Board and sussed out what running a Championship Club was all about. He didn''t. Just caused trouble....... no friend of NCFC and that is for sure.

[quote user="Bobert"]Nuts City Angel. If Cuuum had the interest of the club at heart he would had shelled out £2m like the Turners and quietly taken a seat on the Board and sussed out what running a Championship Club was all about. He didn''t. Just caused trouble....... no friend of NCFC and that is for sure.[/quote]

Oh Dear,and what else have the Turners done, They, like Delia and co are only on an EGO trip, the words Directors of Norwich City Football club Looks good on Buiseness Headed Note paper 

[quote user="Bobert"]Nuts City Angel. If Cuuum had the interest of the club at heart he would had shelled out £2m like the Turners and quietly taken a seat on the Board and sussed out what running a Championship Club was all about. He didn''t. Just caused trouble....... no friend of NCFC and that is for sure.[/quote]

Sorry don''t agree plus he doesnt need to take a seat on the board and find out how to run a business, he''s a successfull businessman already.

He offered us £20m, hows that causing trouble?

[quote user="cityangel"]

Sorry don''t agree plus he doesnt need to take a seat on the board and find out how to run a business, he''s a successfull businessman already.

He offered us £20m, hows that causing trouble?

[/quote]

CA quite simply he''s rocked their comfy little boat, it''s put an awful lot of ''''board admirers'''' noses out of joint, and upset the fans that think we should all be eternally grateful to the board. 

Things have a way of running their course in life, this will too, good or bad, but just be prepared that if things don''t go right it could easily be another Chase Out moment.

In an ideal situation PC would have made a better offer to the board, none of us know the in''s and out''s, but I am more than sure that when the time is right he will be back.

[quote user="Ed Notty"]What the point of the turners? They''ve put £2m into the club. They work hard for their money and it''s up to them what they do with it. They didn''t have to put £2m in - but did. Why should they invest more? I''m fed up of people saying that other people should put their money into the club - do it yourself if you''re that obsessed with it. And if you don''t have that amount of money to invest - work harder or get smarter. We all had the same chance on day 1.[/quote]F**K OFF!!!! TW*T

I believe the Turners are playing the long game... however, I also feel

that Cullum is doing the same... it could eventually become a race for

the prize! Maybe we should put them all into a royal rumble style

wrestling ring and see who''s left alive at the end? Scarily, something

tells me Delia would..... she may not have thick skin, but she does

seem to have an Adamantium skeleton....

Bonus. I knew there was one out there. Two choices: work on the spelling or look in the mirror?

The Turners know all about running a business, having dealt in the world of finance and running a very successful concern locally. They have invested money in the club and were given the task of putting the business side of the club onto a more professional businesslike footing, with the main target being a special keen interest in the role of Mr Doncaster. It was all spelt out for us at the AGM.

IMO the Turners are being groomed to take over from Delia and Michael, should things carry on as they would wish. Cullum coming along may upset the apple cart.

Whatever the board (and would be investors) wish however will be determined by what happens on the pitch. As City Angel said, how is a proposed investment from Cullum causing trouble, aside from speeding up the process of a takeover/change of personnel at the top? It can only mean trouble if you wish for the status quo to be maintained, that being the same board, same agenda, same philosophy. The board have to place all their faith in Roeder''s new squad having a successful season. Cyncially you could say Cullum hopes they don''t.