Sign in to follow this  
Pinks

Has anyone written to Doncaster?

..and asked for an explanation of Delia''s outburst at the RNS?

It does appear that she was either mocking or pi$$ed (again).

Or did she really believe the clubs transfers during the close season were going to impress that much that the whole money issue would be forgotten?

Just wondered if anyone had sought an answer?

Probably... the times I email him on a more mellow note rather than probing him about club issues I get a reply the next day.

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

Or did she really believe the clubs transfers during the close season were going to impress that much that the whole money issue would be forgotten?

[/quote]

I reckon this may be the correct assumption Ween.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Have you then?

Last time I emailed him he never replied, maybe my questions were too difficult to answer lol.

[/quote]

or maybe you hit the nail on the head with your questions!? Lol

jas :)

I don''t really know why people keep banging on about these comments she made at RNS. It''s just a case of people putting 2 and 2 together and making 5336. At the time I felt there was nothing in it, and so it proved. Understandable that people thought there was something in it though, since it was the height of summer transfer fever and everyone so much more hopeful then...

[quote user="Mark Smith"]I don''t really know why people keep banging on about these comments she made at RNS. It''s just a case of people putting 2 and 2 together and making 5336. At the time I felt there was nothing in it, and so it proved. Understandable that people thought there was something in it though, since it was the height of summer transfer fever and everyone so much more hopeful then...[/quote]

Don''t think so MS.

"Loads of  investment, everythings lovely" I think is what she said.

Can you explain how I''ve misread that ?

I refer you back to what I wrote in June then.

I''m quite mystified how so many people think that a few carefully considered words by Delia suddenly means we have investment. I''m sure she was quite surprised to be questioned by Goreham on the subject actually; it''s not often that our local media ask questions like that. She was probably trying hard to give the most ''diplomatic'' answers. She''s not likely to come out and go "we''ve not got anyone lined up to bankroll the club" because obviously that would have been as detrimental effect as saying we had.

I  don''t perceive this as such a ''landmark'' moment as others had. Yes, Delia herself may not have spoken about investment in this way before, but the club policy (regularly trotted out by Neil Doncaster) is not to discuss how much money we have. This is not news. She only really seems to be repeating what he has been saying for years now. As for the throw away "Oh there''s lots of lovely new investment" line, I''d consider it just that: a throw away remark. She seemed to be in quite a ''jovial'' mood, so I''d find it hard to read anything into what she says, other than deflecting questions in a jokey way.

Anyway, as you say, I guess we''ll have to wait and see.

[quote user="Mark Smith"]

I''m quite mystified how so many people think that a few carefully considered words by Delia suddenly means we have investment. I''m sure she was quite surprised to be questioned by Goreham on the subject actually; it''s not often that our local media ask questions like that. She was probably trying hard to give the most ''diplomatic'' answers. She''s not likely to come out and go "we''ve not got anyone lined up to bankroll the club" because obviously that would have been as detrimental effect as saying we had.

I  don''t perceive this as such a ''landmark'' moment as others had. Yes, Delia herself may not have spoken about investment in this way before, but the club policy (regularly trotted out by Neil Doncaster) is not to discuss how much money we have. This is not news. She only really seems to be repeating what he has been saying for years now. As for the throw away "Oh there''s lots of lovely new investment" line, I''d consider it just that: a throw away remark. She seemed to be in quite a ''jovial'' mood, so I''d find it hard to read anything into what she says, other than deflecting questions in a jokey way.

[/quote]

Well personlly ...I don''t see that as a "throw away, or Jovial "remark.....................more like taking the piss out of us supporters.....oh yes...after we have bought our season tickets again !!

[quote user="Mark Smith"]I don''t really know why people keep banging on about these comments she made at RNS. It''s just a case of people putting 2 and 2 together and making 5336. At the time I felt there was nothing in it, and so it proved. Understandable that people thought there was something in it though, since it was the height of summer transfer fever and everyone so much more hopeful then...[/quote]

Basically, she intimated that there was lots of investment coming the Club''s way. It hasn''t happened. That''s why people keep ''banging on'' about it - they feel misled.

[quote user="Mark Smith"]

[/quote]

Do you really think Delia''s words were both carefully considered and diplomatic?

After a close season of snuffling around the bargain bin with as it transpires highly modest transfer funds it appears to me that Delia''s words will have left city fans with nasty taste in their mouths. I am damn sure she knewwhat we had to spend when she trotted out her ill thought words.

My point is Mark not where is the investment she talked about is but why rub salt in a nasty wound by mentioning non existent funds.

It was always going to bite her on the ar$e

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

Basically, she intimated that there was lots of investment coming the Club''s way. It hasn''t happened. That''s why people keep ''banging on'' about it - they feel misled.

[/quote]

Exactly right, although I would say she told an untruth, but misled is more diplomatic [;)]

His last reply to me was "fine be l;ike that", which was rather childish. My crime? To ask him to be less patronising and stop answering a question with a question.

[quote user="lappinitup"]We''re doomed I tell ye doomed, DOOMED!!!!   [8-|][/quote]

We may mock and have a larf.......but, there is a naggin'' doubt in the back of my mind......and probably what a few other folk are thinking.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]His last reply to me was "fine be l;ike that", which was rather childish. My crime? To ask him to be less patronising and stop answering a question with a question.[/quote]

The ''Smuggy Donkster'' knows that he''ll be out on his ear if ''A.N. Other'' comes in and takes over the club. (I don''t think the Turner Two are his biggest buddies either). I also wonder, if he is relieved of his duties at Carra - will it affect his role/position as teaboy and mailboy ba-itch - down at the Sweet FA?

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]

And not for the first time by this board!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/7474748.stm

You can listen again to her ramblings at the RNS from 1:20 onwards.

The way I see it, she is clearly bullshitting, but I can see why it has wound the fans up - why couldn''t she keep her gob shut? Why go on about "all the money we have got", when we clearly have none? To me it sounds like she was awkwardly trying to get out of his probing questions by answering with any crap possible, just to get him to shut up.

if i see him before the Birmingham game im going to ask him wheres all the money gone? because he said in the EDP he would tell us...

I will then come on here and tell you all just where this pot of gold is!

or i will get fobbed off perhaps?

jas :)

In Delia Smiths deluded world what we have spent on players this summer is a lot of money, in football terms it''s bugger all.