Sign in to follow this  
Canary Chris

JFH Training with us

Is "Fat Eddie Murphy" a sign that Norwich could be in for a relegation battle this year?

NorbitFat Eddie Murphy looks set to join the Canaries. Yes, large bottomed ex Leeds bloke James Floyd Hasselbaink is training with Roeder but the BBC are claiming he''s just trying to keep fit. I''d struggle to believe that for these reasons...

1) Norwich are hardly Jimmy''s local side. Why would he travel all that way when sides closer to his London and Cardiff homes could provide him with a ball and goal to train with?

2) Roeder has a reputation of signing portly old strikers. At Watford he went for fat Micky Quinn, at West Ham it was Sir Les Ferdiand, and Newcastle got, well, nobody let him spend any money at Newcastle.

3) Norwich are desperate for a new front man. If they got the right one I think they''d be genuine promotion candidates but without that man, its going to be a struggle. Jamie can''t do it all by himself. JFH is a crude but easy solution in the short term.

4) Since when has Jimmy ever kept fit anyway!

If it is true that Hasselbaink might be signing for the canaries, I fear that Glen might be out of ideas... Jimmy is not the right man for Norwich City. He might know where the net is, and have experience, but he''s no Dion Dublin. The man''s temperament is all wrong, and his wages could unbalance the squad. He''s out of shape, and certainly not one to build a side around.

David Healy on loan, would be a much, much better idea...

so roeder did not se him in th box on saturday and hes training with us but we arnt going to sign him...he must have ben shocked to se jimmy turn up at colney , i  just think whatever !we never know what cock and bull story will come from carrow raod next..!!!

I do find it hard to swallow that he is merely using the facilities to keep in shape...perhaps I''ll turn up for a kick about tomorrow, I''m sure they wont mind and I wont pressurise Glen to give me game at Cardiff next weekend. I might even make a donation to the club coffers for the privilige.

i did actually think to myself wales to norwich is a long way to just get in shape must be some local gyms near his home residence, this is why i get annoyed they just cant be honest,easier to say "we are giving him a trial",

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]JFH will sign because we are skint and he is free.[/quote]Pay as you play deal I would think, shame we did''nt offer the same to a certain left winger who was ''electric'' by all accounts the other night.

[quote user="topcanary1971"]i did actually think to myself wales to norwich is a long way to just get in shape must be some local gyms near his home residence, this is why i get annoyed they just cant be honest,easier to say "we are giving him a trial",[/quote]

Because he is our last ''hope'' and they don''t want some League Two club nipping in and nicking him from under our noses.

See that large NCFC shirt unfurled in the centre-circle, just before kick-off against Blackpool........Well, the shorts that go with it are being worn by JFH in training......(and they''re still tight). 

I think on a 3 month or pay as you play deal JFH could be a shrewd signing, not just on the pitch but off.  If he can teach Koroma/Lupoli/Cureton how to hit the target he is worth every penny.  And lets face it if Jimmy had any of the chances Lupoli/Curo has had this season i would back him to bury them all.  Let us not forget the comments made about Dion and the fact that Jimmy is a proven goalscorer.  I would be exited to see him get a few games for us....

[quote user="Boba Fett"]

I think on a 3 month or pay as you play deal JFH could be a shrewd signing, not just on the pitch but off.  If he can teach Koroma/Lupoli/Cureton how to hit the target he is worth every penny.  And lets face it if Jimmy had any of the chances Lupoli/Curo has had this season i would back him to bury them all.  Let us not forget the comments made about Dion and the fact that Jimmy is a proven goalscorer.  I would be exited to see him get a few games for us....

[/quote]

Totally agree. Worth a punt and nothing to lose.

7 goals in 44 games last season in this league for Cardiff.If Cureton needs to be shown where the goal is, at the age of 31, then that says everything about him really.JFH is a complete waste of money, even on a PAYP contract.

Today''s piece in the press sticks to the story that he''s here for fitness training.  It may be a smokescreen of course, but it would explain why he was sitting in the directors box (would a possible signing do that before the ink is dry?) and why Roeder didn''t appear to know anything about it. 

Having said that, even if he''s here just for fitness work, it''s pretty poor of the club not to inform Roeder in advance.  Surely he should be given a chance to agree to it, even if it''s a formality?  Colney is his territory and it makes him look as though he''s not in charge.  Something doesn''t quite add up.

At least it should mean Hucks will have no problem training here in the winter.  He''s no longer a City player but JFH never has been.

[quote user="Duffman"]7 goals in 44 games last season in this league for Cardiff.

If Cureton needs to be shown where the goal is, at the age of 31, then that says everything about him really.

JFH is a complete waste of money, even on a PAYP contract.
[/quote]

I''m not sure that Dublin was a prolific scorer in his latter years but look what he brough to the club : confidence, experience, charisma, a cool head and publicity. We certainly need something to fire us out of the current malaise and IMO JFH is certainly worth a small gamble.

he exclusivly said he got invited to watch blackpool game and train with squard to keep fit by glenn roeder on sky sports news. he said he''s doing that to keep his options open for his last season. the reporter said are you about to sign for norwich and he said its only training at the moment.

bring him in. he''ll be the new dublin

Err not sure why it is suprising he is here... he played for Cardiff, we are playing Cardiff...could just simply be a chance to get some inside track on the opposition this weekend (he is bitter over not getting a contarct there) and also might un-nerve Cardiff in the build up, wondering what he is doing here, and if he may just turn out for us and be on a vendetta...

[quote user="jordimurrell"]

he exclusivly said he got invited to watch blackpool game and train with squard to keep fit by glenn roeder on sky sports news. he said he''s doing that to keep his options open for his last season. the reporter said are you about to sign for norwich and he said its only training at the moment.

bring him in. he''ll be the new dublin

[/quote]Same sort of thing Hucks will be doing when he returns in November.