Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

IT'S DEFINITELY STEFFEN!

[quote user="Scorf"][quote user="FozzyFan"]

[quote user="Rocky Rocastle"]Bottom line is Iversen is not the guy to get us into the playoffs. He is not a 20 goal a season player and for me I have much more faith in Roeder so don''t expect him to waste time and money on Iversen! Resiak on the other hand would be welcome....[/quote]

what he said.

RASIAK PLEASE

[/quote]

My sentiments exactly.....

[/quote]

Almost the opposite of my sentiments. I think he''d be a great signing that would perfectly complement the forward line we have at present. Far more than Rasiak would in my opinion. Or Ameobi for that matter. I hope we get him!!

It''s got to be Iversen for me,with Rasiak an acceptable second choice.Iversen is a class act with huge experience and fits our style of play perfectly.The person who described him as a "journeyman" is totally wrong!

Berisha, Rosenborg''s new loan signing, scored 2 for them yesterday & was (unsurprisingly) the focus of the report I read; Iversen scored, but didn''t get a mention - everyone knows he wants out. Trouble is, Berisha''s only there till January.Nevertheless, I''m feeling more & more confident Steff will be here soon!

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Here is one for the circumstantial evidence lovers, his missus is English and he has stated his desire to finish his girlfriend in England.[/quote]

!!

[quote user="Badger"]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Here is one for the circumstantial evidence lovers, his missus is English and he has stated his desire to finish his girlfriend in England.[/quote]

!!

[/quote]

Typo error which I have since reposted, must gte my serial killer thoughts out of my head.[:P]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="Badger"]

!!

[/quote]

Typo error which I have since reposted, must gte my serial killer thoughts out of my head.[:P]

[/quote]

this gets worse - more than one...!

Old cheap option and the fact that a player on loan from Burnley can score 2 on his debut surely throws big doubts over the standard of football that Iverson is notching his goals in , same old faces think he is the signing of the century though .

[quote user="andydandy"]Steffens goal yesterday  :http://webtv.tv2.no/webtv/sumo/?treeId=20813&progId=258178 (00.40)
[/quote]

Does not work.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Old cheap option and the fact that a player on loan from Burnley can score 2 on his debut surely throws big doubts over the standard of football that Iverson is notching his goals in , same old faces think he is the signing of the century though .
[/quote]

Who has said that he''s ''signing of the century'' then? I simply think that he would be a suitable type of player to add balance to our front line. More so than Ameobi or Rasiak in my opinion. And I think you''ll find that I''ve been saying as much for a while now; not just because it hopefully looks as though we might be getting him. No need to be facetious, I want him here, you don''t; am I allowed to hold a different opinion to you? I think you''ll find that Jas agrees with me; I don''t think that he is one of the ''same old faces'' is he? Let''s just wait and see.  

Anyway, I thought he was 32? Doesn''t seem particularly ancient to me.

[quote user="bunny"]

[quote user="andydandy"]Steffens goal yesterday  :http://webtv.tv2.no/webtv/sumo/?treeId=20813&progId=258178 (00.40)[/quote]

Does not work.

[/quote]

Hmm. Strange. Try this one : http://www.nettavisen.no/sport/fotball/tippeligaen/article2124327.ece  Just scroll down. There is a video there.

I''m still not sure about this, I mean he is scoring goals, but it isn''t exactly a league of great standard is it. He could be a masterstroke, but he could be a flop, I am really undecided about this. A good targetman goal at the weekend though!

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I''m still not sure about this, I mean he is scoring goals, but it isn''t exactly a league of great standard is it. He could be a masterstroke, but he could be a flop, I am really undecided about this. A good targetman goal at the weekend though![/quote]

Top half of our League One according to a Norwegian journalist who knows both.  Eight goals in 14 starts so far.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Cheers for that Cam, but it hasn''t done much for my indecision![/quote]

Lots of message board posters around the country would feel quite at home with Rosenborg - their nickname is The Troll Kids.[:P]

[quote user="andydandy"][quote user="bunny"]

[quote user="andydandy"]Steffens goal yesterday  :http://webtv.tv2.no/webtv/sumo/?treeId=20813&progId=258178 (00.40)[/quote]

Does not work.

[/quote]

Hmm. Strange. Try this one : http://www.nettavisen.no/sport/fotball/tippeligaen/article2124327.ece  Just scroll down. There is a video there.[/quote]Firts one worked for me. Just clicked the screen a couple times then the big orange button.

I''m also sure it''s Iversen. Roeder has strongly hinted at a foreign club and said that the striker had a good weekend for his current team (Steffen scored the opener & had a decent game). When you pair that with GR asking the player''s current club to honour it''s promise to the player, that ties in with Rosenborg telling Iversen he could leave when they got a replacement striker. Berisha (on loan until January) covers that, especially as I think the Norwegian league finishes the season then? Rosenborg may be stalling until they get a second new striker, but that would explain Glenn''s annoyance with them.Rasiak, Howard & Ameobi are all ruled out by at least one of the above statements not applying to them. The only other possibility would be if there is another foreign striker who fits the bill, of whom no rumours have yet been heard!

Why are people so down on the idea if Iversen? He proved he can do a job in the Prem with Spurs, he isn''t that old (31 or 32?), he has a decent international record and Champions League experience. Hardly a journeyman. We need experience. According to this site http://premiersoccerstats.com/Top100.cfm he is the 83rd all time top scorer in the Prem, with a 1 in 3 goal scoring record. Thats the same as Crouch, Chris Sutton, James Beattie, Duncan Furguson, Zola, Flo. Better than Hucks (1 in 5). Better than Heskey (1 in 4).He is still fit and still scoring, he could be just what we need.

[quote user="dom141"][quote user="andydandy"][quote user="bunny"]

Does not work.

[/quote]

Hmm. Strange. Try this one : http://www.nettavisen.no/sport/fotball/tippeligaen/article2124327.ece  Just scroll down. There is a video there.[/quote]Firts one worked for me. Just clicked the screen a couple times then the big orange button. [/quote]I should imagine that andydandy included the first colon in typing the web address, the link begins with the letters http...

I totally agree BDU - I posted Iversen''s stats here some time back, they''re quite impressive. He is, as you say, some 5/6 years younger than Dion was when he signed. Moreover, the comparitive weakness of the Norwegian League is reflected in the fact that he averages a goal every two games since returning to Norway in 2005.I''d take a 1 in 3 ratio for the Championship and expect his strike partner to benefit and score an equal amount. Some of Norwich''s best seasons have seen no striker hitting 20 goals, but two strikers scoring 15-18 goals apiece. The main factor is usually how many goals are contributed from the rest of the team - you look for 25-30 from midfield in total, with your big defenders adding 5-10 from set pieces. Put it all together and you have a good season.

[quote user="andydandy"]The Norwegian league finishes in november. If they qualify for the UEFA cup the season could be a few months longer.[/quote]There you go - Glenn doesn''t want to be waiting until January, does he? The more I look at it the more sense it makes - and it made a hell of a lot of sense the first time around!

I think it''s Iversen and he would be a good signing imo, I wouldn''t mind betting that if we do get him it won''t be until the last day of the transfer window. I just hope Roeder doesn''t put all his eggs in one basket banking on getting him and ending up with nobody.

I have said it before but I believe Ivesen''s club told him that if they had a decent offer they would let him go immediately - I think they are now trying to change the rules (hence the moving the goalposts quote from your Manager) to say they want to hold on to him until they get  replacement (s) in - or they may be trying to hang on to him because they have two EUFA qualifiers coming up very shortly.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

I have said it before but I believe Ivesen''s club told him that if they had a decent offer they would let him go immediately - I think they are now trying to change the rules (hence the moving the goalposts quote from your Manager) to say they want to hold on to him until they get  replacement (s) in - or they may be trying to hang on to him because they have two EUFA qualifiers coming up very shortly.

[/quote]

Football: Rosenborg ready for the UEFA Cup

Trondheim club Rosenborg (RBK) is ready for the UEFA Cup second qualifying round as they beat Dutch club NAC Breda 2-0 at home (2-1 on agg) in the Intertoto Cup. (Photo: RBK''s Steffen Iversen)

/ np
28.07.2008 07:45

NAC Breda came to Trondheim with 1-0 after last week''s first leg but Rosenborg were dominant at home.

They rewarded in the 34th minute with a beautiful goal by Fredrik Stoor, making his farewell appearance for the Trondheim club before his expected move to Fulham FC.

Former Tottenham player Steffen Iversen then gave his team the lead five minutes into the second half on a penalty shot.

Roeder also said that the striker in question had a good weekend. Iversen scored this last weekend so this all ties in. Ameobi hasn''t even played lately so it can''t be him.

I realise he would be a piece to the jigsaw but i cannot get excited about signing Iversen. If you had seen him play at Wolves in his spell there you would understand why. He was dire! [:(] I really hope he has improved since then.

[quote user="Rocky Rocastle"]Bottom line is Iversen is not the guy to get us into the playoffs. He is not a 20 goal a season player and for me I have much more faith in Roeder so don''t expect him to waste time and money on Iversen! Resiak on the other hand would be welcome....[/quote]

Agreed, but with the right partner, BOTH Lupoli and Cureton are 20 goal a season strikers. Whether that partner is Iversen i don''t know.

However, he''s not too old at 31 and his goal scoring record at Rosenborg since he went there is nothing short of awesome - 32 in 45 starts according to wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steffen_Iversen