Sign in to follow this  
SnakepitCanary

Ameobi to join Ipswich

On 2nd thought you might be right - so Newcastle accepted an offer from Ipswich in June (Don''t really remember that one ... something vague though)

[quote user="Unlucky Fried Kitten"]Can somebody please explain why we need the "prolific" goal-scorer Ameobi?? I''ve just found his statistics for the past three seasons and they are extremely unimpressive. In the 2005/6 season he made 15 appearances and scored 5 goals. In the 2006/7 season he took to the field 22 times and scored a magnificent ZERO goals. Last season he put in 32 shifts and managed the princely haul of THREE successful strikes into the old onion bag. WOW!! Just what we need! I''m sure our defence will be quaking in their boots when Ipshiit Town arrive at Carrow Road.[/quote]

Yes, we need a striker but christ, you''d think someone had murdered the youth team the way some people are going on.

Middling club finds money and spends it on...

A well past it midfielder who isn''t good enough for Gary Megson.

A defensive thug who no one else wants.

An overpriced, unproven striker who has barely played for a year, and has only scored 46 goals in 238 appearances.

Far be it from me to make assumptions, but if it was us who''d p!ssed that money up the wall, there''d be just as many people moaning about that as there are crying about why we haven''t signed Ameobi....

Congratulations for not coming up with the money to buy Ameobi, you are all a disgrace, please delia and co don''t turn up for the match on saturday as certainly you won''t be welcome in my eyes,  i''m just waiting for the news now that you''ve put a cheeky bid in for Alan Lee as Doomcaster will no doubt think it''ll make the fans happy with the signing of a target man, Get Out Of The Club You Muppets

. <---- See that dot? It''s called a full stop. Go look it up on Google. ;o)

At least their players are THEIRS and not borrowed from other clubs , and however much the Delia supporters try to convince us that Ameobi is really shit anyway we know Roeder wanted him here because he rates him and reckons he would destroy the Championship.Ipswich fans are laughing at us and quite honestly if the positions were reversed we would be laughing at them .

Because as we all know, goals scored by loanees only count half, right?

Glad we got that cleared up, i was beginning to think Loan FC or whatever his name is was just spouting meaningless drivel all the time. ;o)

Its a case of having our own team , players who care about Norwich City , we dont even have a team anymore just a group of kids here for a year who dont give a toss whether we go down or not .If Chase was in charge of this club now and it was being run like this he would be lynched.

Half the people don''t want him anyway, so I don''t know what the problem is[:D]

Its not an awful amount of money, well as stated. If GR wants or wanted him, then I''m sure that he would have got him, there is no way that the board would risk the wrath of both the fans and GR for not allowing 2 million, I know the wages would be quite high.

I just think that GR has other targets and that these would be in the same price range as Shola, might be wrong.

See, what i''d have done before i''d posted is engaged that pink squishy thing between my ears and considered that, if we were to go down, it wouldn''t look too good sitting on the CVs of those kids, when they try to move on to bigger and better things, would it? Obviously, we each have our own little habits, though!

And besides, you make it sound as if all those non-loanees we have really do care about the club, and bleed yellow and green, which we all know is just a load of tripe. Look at them play for god''s sake man! Fozzy, a *gasp!* permanent player cares so so much he only signed a one year contract after humming and harring for a couple of months. And then he goes out and plays completely uselessly.

Your done-to-death ''point'' about loans really is mindless, mate. Come on, you can do better than that.

Two of our best players last season in Evans and Bertrand were loanees, remember? Oh, and i''m sure we all remember that Darren Huckerby geezer not giving a damn about the club when he was on loan too. Then there''s Crouch, Harper, and Cooper too. I could go on, sonny. :o)

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"]Well we don''t have the money, same as 95% of the Championship clubs. Just look at last years accounts.
[/quote]

In this weeks pinkun it was quoted that Coventry city achieved a record 6,500 season tickets sold this year. We have 20,000. They seem to have been able to afford Eastwood and Morrison, yet we don''t seem to be able to afford anyone. Why do you think that is?

I think if Shola does go to Ipswich it is probably just about time to get a bit cross...

Funny these loanees are so great other teams WITH MONEY still sign permanents , 2 or 3 loanees added to a squad of your own is fair enough having half the squad made up of loanees is a bloody disgrace . Oh and Crouch yes very good loanee we had the chance to sign and play up front in the Premiership for a poxy £2 million but big spending Delia wouldnt go for it , surprise surprise .While one old cook gets richer this club gets poorer , wheres the money Delia ?

[quote user="Unlucky Fried Kitten"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Then she should have got out when she had the chance and Peter Cullum would have invested the money in the team , she decided not to which points to me that shes getting something out of it and if its not money then its publicity and staying in the public eye .She certainly does not have whats best for the club in mind.
[/quote]

Absolutely. Spot on.

[/quote]

and agreed here, time for the cook to pack her pots and pans and get OUT.

[quote user="steve o"]Congratulations for not coming up with the money to buy Ameobi, you are all a disgrace, please delia and co don''t turn up for the match on saturday as certainly you won''t be welcome in my eyes,  i''m just waiting for the news now that you''ve put a cheeky bid in for Alan Lee as Doomcaster will no doubt think it''ll make the fans happy with the signing of a target man, Get Out Of The Club You Muppets[/quote]

Well said mate.

If this was all going on without the Peter Cullum story in the summer, then I expect it would just be all the usual crowd making angry noises, but I really feel that Delia and her Board have gone too far this time and may have bitten off far more than they can chew. I expect a backlash over our relatively poor showing in the Transfer Market to be just the beginning.

Hopefully the beginning of the end for Delia et al.

Why''s it a ''disgrace''?

Because YOU think so?

...Alright, i''m sold. That''s a very compelling argument, and i never thought of it that way before.

Delia out, an'' all that! ;o)

Personally, i have no problem with loans. If it''s more financially viable, i''d say we should use as many as we can.

If loans were so bloody great, then every club would have half a team and pad it out with reserves from the premier league.  Funily enough not many do.There are so many loans I cant even remember the total, is it seven?  Its finger in the dyke, elastoplast on a severed limb.  We dont have cash to BUY so we have to get loans.  Last season outside the Premier league only Sheffield United and Leeds had bigger gates than us.  so why are we scraping around in the bargain bucket for transfers?

Why''s it a ''disgrace''?

Because YOU think so?

...Alright, i''m sold. That''s a very compelling argument, and i never thought of it that way before.

Delia out, an'' all that! ;o)

Personally, i have no problem with loans. If it''s more financially viable, i''d say we should use as many as we can.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"]Well we don''t have the money, same as 95% of the Championship clubs. Just look at last years accounts.
[/quote]

In this weeks pinkun it was quoted that Coventry city achieved a record 6,500 season tickets sold this year. We have 20,000. They seem to have been able to afford Eastwood and Morrison, yet we don''t seem to be able to afford anyone. Why do you think that is?

I think if Shola does go to Ipswich it is probably just about time to get a bit cross...

[/quote]

Thats spot on for me. [Y]

What is going on ?

We won`t pay £2 million ! ( see waghorn`s page)

The board has well and truly lost it.

We know Roeder wants him, therefore it must be the board blocking any bid by Roeder.

To lose out to ipswich.....I am speechless.

And I support the board so all the Delia outers will be having a field day ! The board are playing straight into their hands.

We urgently need a striker come on Mr & Mrs Turner now is your moment if we lose this how long will it be before Roeder has enough ?  

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Funny these loanees are so great other teams WITH MONEY still sign permanents , 2 or 3 loanees added to a squad of your own is fair enough having half the squad made up of loanees is a bloody disgrace . Oh and Crouch yes very good loanee we had the chance to sign and play up front in the Premiership for a poxy £2 million but big spending Delia wouldnt go for it , surprise surprise .While one old cook gets richer this club gets poorer , wheres the money Delia ?
[/quote]

Crouch didn''t want to sign permanently. It was nothing to do with us, he wanted to go back to the Prem and prove himself. He''s said it a million times.

We could have signed Crouch after we were promoted that season and we knew we were in the Premier. It would have simpy required the proper investment and ambition on our behalf. Sadly lacking then and sadly lacking now.

[quote user="Match Day Pie"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Funny these loanees are so great other teams WITH MONEY still sign permanents , 2 or 3 loanees added to a squad of your own is fair enough having half the squad made up of loanees is a bloody disgrace . Oh and Crouch yes very good loanee we had the chance to sign and play up front in the Premiership for a poxy £2 million but big spending Delia wouldnt go for it , surprise surprise .While one old cook gets richer this club gets poorer , wheres the money Delia ?
[/quote]

Crouch didn''t want to sign permanently. It was nothing to do with us, he wanted to go back to the Prem and prove himself. He''s said it a million times.

[/quote]

he did want to join,when he left villa for the saints he said we were his first choice

We know Roeder certainly rates him, but he seems to stick to his valuations as we saw with Taylor.Whether this is because we actually are skint, or because he genuinely thinks he could identify a better target for the same money, who knows. Having said that, I will be very annoyed if it comes out that Roeder did want Shola, but the board couldn''t find the funds to compete with them down the road!Unless he''s a flop, in which case, well done Delia [;)] Getting splinters up here...

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats spot on for me. [Y]

[/quote]

The reason they can afford Eastwood and Morrison is their rich benefactor. We don''t even make £1m from season tickets in any year, so we can''t really claim we should be loaded on that front.