Sign in to follow this  
Cottaging Canary

Roeder on Talksport.....

First 6 games will be crucial to set the tone for the rest of the season as far as ''crowd morale'' goes.

[quote user="ruddster"]

400K and 200K? I bet Doomcaster and co loved hearing those ''undisclosed''s being disclosed!!!

Roeder is very shrewd and wants the fans to know just how ''much'' he''s had to play with in this transfer window. However theoneandonlycullum is wrong to think "GR out" will be posted all over this forum if we don''t win at Coventry or have a good first five or six games. It will be "DS out" and quite rightly so when a club who can attract 25 thousand fans for a live tv friendly hand their manager one of the smallest transfer budgets in the Championship.

To quote the silly old woman "We''re keeping quiet about all the money!" No need to love, we can work out for ourselves how much you must be creaming off.

[/quote]

Not only an idiotic statement, but an innaccurate one too. By the end of the window the wage bill and transfers fees spent will be average for the league or a bit better. Gate receipts do NOT make up enough income to fund a large transfer war chest, for that you need additional off field investments and a rich board. If the PR is to be believed (we will see when accounts are published) you will see that the board are putting IN money, not ''creaming it off''.

[quote user="Big Down Under"][quote user="ruddster"]

400K and 200K? I bet Doomcaster and co loved hearing those ''undisclosed''s being disclosed!!!

Roeder is very shrewd and wants the fans to know just how ''much'' he''s had to play with in this transfer window. However theoneandonlycullum is wrong to think "GR out" will be posted all over this forum if we don''t win at Coventry or have a good first five or six games. It will be "DS out" and quite rightly so when a club who can attract 25 thousand fans for a live tv friendly hand their manager one of the smallest transfer budgets in the Championship.

To quote the silly old woman "We''re keeping quiet about all the money!" No need to love, we can work out for ourselves how much you must be creaming off.

[/quote]

Not only an idiotic statement, but an innaccurate one too. By the end of the window the wage bill and transfers fees spent will be average for the league or a bit better. Gate receipts do NOT make up enough income to fund a large transfer war chest, for that you need additional off field investments and a rich board. If the PR is to be believed (we will see when accounts are published) you will see that the board are putting IN money, not ''creaming it off''.

[/quote]

yes you are so right BDU your post is much more sensible, look at these massive sums our wonderful Board is putting in to support the club. I mean 600k WOW! The one bit you got nearly right is that you need a rich Board. How muh are the Turner''s worth? How much have they put in? Wow again, we are so lucky...

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"]

[quote user="mrdi"]I''ve never heard him say anything positive about Norwich either. But then again, after his ''performance'' when he came back with Chelsea [and the barracking he got from the Barclay], why would he?[/quote]

Actually Andy Townsend said he thought "Norwich was a fantastic club" on Sundays show.

[/quote]

That may be, but what I actually said was "I''ve never heard him say..." - doesn''t mean he doesn''t say nice things, I just haven''t heard them myself.

Barclay boy most clubs on relegation become selling clubs, to account for loss of revenue. Look at Watford for example, Southampton, all doing the same as we went through.Do you really think gate receipts are enough to fund consistently competitive team on a promotion push? If so you are deluded. All the 8 players in would have involved capital outlay, in either transfer fees, loan fees, agent fees, player signing on fees. The like of Stefanovic  will be on pretty big wages, certainly not cheap,  there were plenty of teams after Hoolihan and Bell so I very much doubt we got them cheap either.The teams doing well are on the whole teams that are funded by a rich board. Hull are an exception, Stoke are not. Our Board isn''t rich enough to compete with the boards of many other teams, we all know that. Hence the interest in Cullum. But to go from there to accusing Delia of stealing money from the club (as ruddster did) is idiotic (and libelous). What exactly did I get wrong?

[quote user="Big Down Under"]Barclay boy most clubs on relegation become selling clubs, to account for loss of revenue. Look at Watford for example, Southampton, all doing the same as we went through.

Do you really think gate receipts are enough to fund consistently competitive team on a promotion push? If so you are deluded. All the 8 players in would have involved capital outlay, in either transfer fees, loan fees, agent fees, player signing on fees. The like of Stefanovic  will be on pretty big wages, certainly not cheap,  there were plenty of teams after Hoolihan and Bell so I very much doubt we got them cheap either.

The teams doing well are on the whole teams that are funded by a rich board. Hull are an exception, Stoke are not. Our Board isn''t rich enough to compete with the boards of many other teams, we all know that. Hence the interest in Cullum. But to go from there to accusing Delia of stealing money from the club (as ruddster did) is idiotic (and libelous).

What exactly did I get wrong?
[/quote]

Now then BDU, don''t let reality intrude here, it spoils their fun!

[quote user="Big Down Under"][quote user="ruddster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ummm, i thought we had those off-field investments BDU.......?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Big Down Under"][quote user="ruddster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Yes we do, and your point is?

Go to http://www3.talksport.net/ then type Roeder in the search bar at the bottom.Listen out for Brazil''s big fat scottish "Ohhh nooo" when they start to talk about Norwich... what a t**t!!

[quote user="Big Down Under"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Big Down Under"][quote user="ruddster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes we do, and your point is?
[/quote]

Well, we have the "additional off field investments", so where is the "large transfer war chest"?

[quote user="Lakey"]Go to http://www3.talksport.net/ then type Roeder in the search bar at the bottom.

Listen out for Brazil''s big fat scottish "Ohhh nooo" when they start to talk about Norwich... what a t**t!!
[/quote]

Proves my earlier point!

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[quote user="Feathers"]I didn''t hear it but I hope he gave right-wing douche John Gaunt a kick in the balls as he left.[/quote]

Why? Gaunt says publicly what much of the population thinks (albeit they are often to timid to say so!).

[/quote]

Yeah and anyone who has an opinion different to his he shouts them down or just cuts them off, the bloke is a prick

Best post in ages... spot on!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]
yeah, but pre-window roedy was after ''6 or 7'' prem/champs inbetweenies...

i can see only 1 genuine signing that fits this bill at the moment...and he''s nowehere fit at the mo!!!

many of his younger signings have the potential to improve, and lets hope for the sake of NCFC that roedy can bring the best outa these promising boys - but in my view roedy has sold himself short - his hand being forced by an inadequate budget, cos he''s not met his pre-season target regarding his signings...so much for keeping his powder dry - lol.,/

roedy has real ambition - but the meagre budget has pushed him into taking calculated gambles, more than what he would ideally want too imo,./

poor ole make-do roedy!!!

but, i''d really hate it if it doesn''t come off for roedy, cos imo he deserves better...if these promising boys don''t live upto the hype - we''re in the cr@p, make no mistake???
[/quote]

Er, I''m not sure where you get your pessimism from but Stefanovic has just spent the last 4-5 seasons in the Prem, Omozusi played nearly 10 Prem games for Fulham last season and has come here to kick-on - so if they are not ''in-betweenies'' at the very least, then just who is?? 

As for the other signings, I doubt you know a great deal about most of them, so I''m not sure how you are yet to judge whether they are any good or not - for instance, Lupoli, Bell and Kennedy have not even kicked a ball for us, Hoolahan and Clingan have and looked pretty good in the process, Bertrand was a breath of fresh air last season and looks the part to me.

Add to that the fact that GR has said we will have up to 4 more players, and I find your pessimism about our signings rather premature.

I''m not for one minute saying we are a team of world beaters, but ffs, give them a chance.

[/quote]

[quote user="Lakey"]Go to http://www3.talksport.net/ then type Roeder in the search bar at the bottom.

Listen out for Brazil''s big fat scottish "Ohhh nooo" when they start to talk about Norwich... what a t**t!!
[/quote]

I''m not defending the man, but I believe they added that in as a joke because he wasn''t actually on the show yesterday. His absense coincided with them talking about Rangers and Norwich (he hates both obviously) and it was the 42nd anniversary of England winning the World Cup. So they were basically having a laugh at his expense.

[quote user="Feathers"]I didn''t hear it but I hope he gave right-wing douche John Gaunt a kick in the balls as he left.[/quote]

Why? Gaunt says publicly what much of the population thinks (albeit they are often to timid to say so!).

[/quote]

What is wrong with this statement is that if John Gaunt were to actually THINK before he speaks (or writes), he wouldn''t spill out the reactionary bile that comes from his mouth (or columns).

He''s a selfish, arrogant little bully of a man, which is why he writes for the Sun and tells the working class how to think (or pours scorn on those that dare to think for themselves).

(Sorry I find my threads often stray from football!)

[quote user="Feathers"][quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[/quote]

What is wrong with this statement is that if John Gaunt were to actually THINK before he speaks (or writes), he wouldn''t spill out the reactionary bile that comes from his mouth (or columns).

He''s a selfish, arrogant little bully of a man, which is why he writes for the Sun and tells the working class how to think (or pours scorn on those that dare to think for themselves).

[/quote]100% spot-on., judgmental, small minded little man, typically he believes in the death penalty.

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Feathers"][quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

100% spot-on., judgmental, small minded little man, typically he believes in the death penalty.
[/quote]

What is wrong with the death penalty? It should be applied to paedophiles!

[quote user="Iwan is God"][quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Feathers"][quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[/quote]

[/quote]100% spot-on., judgmental, small minded little man, typically he believes in the death penalty.[/quote]

[/quote]Oh god, new I''d regret that, will teach me to stick to the footy.

[quote user="Iwan is God"][quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Feathers"][quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

100% spot-on., judgmental, small minded little man, typically he believes in the death penalty.
[/quote]

[/quote]

...and jobless chavs!

[/quote]

Well I certainly don''t think what he thinks, nor does anyone I know. And if much of the population thinks the way he does, perhaps we are doomed after all.

As far as I can tell he just tells the masses what they want to hear (which is pretty bloody easy) and won''t be told otherwise (which is pretty bloody easy too).

[quote user="Crazy Eddie"]Why has nobody mentioned on this thread entitled "Roeder on Talksport" what Roeder actually said on Talksport???!!!
[/quote]

because people have taken the opportunity to hint at their right wing tendancies...Roys have ordered in an extra supply of black shirts to meet demand

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

what''s wrong with the death penalty....try this as a starting point....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrongful_execution

still holding out for new heroes wrote the following post at 31/07/2008 3:01 PM:

the duke of norfolk wrote:

Don''t know why you would want him to kick John Gaunt. Jon Gaunt''s views are spot on imo.

We could do with someone with his views as PM. Better than any lily livered leftie anyday.

The Duke of Norfolk as a young man

Oswald Mosley

Priceless!!!!!Big Smile [:D]

[quote user="bristol_canary"]you listen to talksport, therefore you must be a binner!!![/quote]I listen to Talksport after 10 PM when Ian collins (used to be james whale) is on, i dont listen to Brazil (its on to early anyway) so am i a binner then?

[quote user="Ginger Pele"][quote user="bristol_canary"]you listen to talksport, therefore you must be a binner!!![/quote]I listen to Talksport after 10 PM when Ian collins (used to be james whale) is on, i dont listen to Brazil (its on to early anyway) so am i a binner then?[/quote]I used to listen to Ian Collins years ago when he was on over night, he seems a pretty level headed chap, slightly left of middle.  The adverts make the station impossible though in my opinion.

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"][quote user="the duke of norfolk"]

Don''t know why you would want him to kick John Gaunt. Jon Gaunt''s views are spot on imo.

We could do with someone with his views as PM. Better than any lily livered leftie anyday.

[/quote]

The Duke of Norfolk as a young man

Oswald Mosley

[/quote]

So anyone who expresses any kind of political view that has a ''right wing'' tag slapped on it by opponents is instantly branded a ''fascist'' or ''racist'' then are they?     

Seems to be the case Yellow Rider, it never takes a lot for the lefties to rear up!